Start by marking “Pieces of Us” as Want to Read:
Pieces of Us

Pieces of Us

Charlotte Barnes believed her life was perfect until a betrayal forced her from everything she knew and loved. Devastated and trying to put the past behind her, Charlotte sought a new life in a new town. Now, five years later, her fiancé has convinced her it's time to return home and face her past. But will the truth she learns and the people she reconnects with destroy he ...more
Published April 5th 2011 by Omnific Publishing (first published April 4th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Pieces of Us, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pieces of Us

Kristen
It looks like I'm in the minority but I disliked this book immensely. The only reason for the two star rating is because the story is fairly well written. Other than that, there is not a single thing about this book I enjoyed. The plot is mostly made up of manufacted drama to elicit emotion from the reader. Add a cheating hero who is basically a coward; a secondary love interest who deserves to be the hero; a heroine not bright enough to know the difference; and you end up with a story full of a ...more
Nikki ღ Navareus
Feb 03, 2018 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: I honestly couldn't in good conscience recommend this to anyone.

***TWO STARS***
I was really looking forward to this story. The first couple of chapters seemed promising. Charlotte discovers her husband of two years, has been cheating on her with her best friend. She's devastated and packs up her stuff and moves out. Totally my kind of story! That part WAS great, but from there on, the story just went downhill.
HUGE ASS SPOILER BELOW!
(view spoiler)
Lu Bielefeld *read.laugh.love*
Jennifer Lane
Apr 06, 2011 rated it really liked it
Sharp Yet Well-Rounded Love Triangle

Charlotte Barnes has the perfect marriage. Her husband dotes on her, and she delights in the domestic bliss they've created. There's only one problem. She discovers her beloved husband Cameron has been cheating on her.

Lost and bereft, Charlotte hightails it out of town without giving him the chance to explain. She slowly rebuilds her life, meeting a police officer named Owen. When Charlotte and Owen begin to fall in love, Owen realizes that pieces of Charlotte
Tia
May 06, 2012 rated it really liked it
The heroine knew the hero at eighteen, after spending some time together they married and were deeply in love. When the heroines mother left her father, the heroines world collapsed and she wouldn't let anyone in, including her husband, our hero. So the hero feeling neglected cheating on the heroine with her best friend. When the heroine found out she left and divorced the hero.

The heroine moved to Boston and met another man named Owen, he changed her way of thinking and helped her move on. Show
J
Oct 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
Fyrephoenix
Jun 04, 2016 rated it liked it
It was ok. Didn't care for Cam, wimpy guys just don't do it for me...I just couldn't connect with the characters. But that's my opinion :) I will look for more from this author since this was her first novel (another reviewer stated).
Debra Anastasia
Jun 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This is tough subject matter. Heartbreaking. But in the real world, it happens. Hannah does a beautiful job highlighting the delicate subject matter.
Ioanna
Dec 06, 2011 rated it it was ok
It took me forever to understand what really happened and that had to do with the way the story was told.And I got tired.All the way through the book until the time that we learn what really happened,I thought that it was all a big fat misunderstanding and that at some point it would be cleared ...I was wrong.What you see is what you get.Almost 200 pages and some wasted reading hours for a misunderstanding that it was not at all a misunderstanding.Oh come on:( !!!
And there are plenty not flatter
Adensanti
Feb 16, 2015 rated it liked it
i dislike this book, but the story is well written. i dislike the confusion in Cameron's mind about his love to charlotte and his "love" toward the OW. the confusion that i poorly describe, i mean, he love charlotte soo much what makes he can left any spare room for lucy then? and more so, i dislike it bcoz the supporting character (im talking about Owen) is deserved to be put as a winner instead of that sisy cameron. Cameron is a cheater who deserve to ended up w/lucy the bitch rather that to c ...more
Kathy
Aug 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It has taken me a few days after reading this book to wrap my thoughts around the "personal" aspect of this book. I say personal because that's exactly what it was to me....very personal. What can I say other than, "I LOVED it!" Hannah Downing begins by giving us the back story of Charlotte's and Cameron's love story...how it all began. Throughout the book, the author gave me flashbacks that enabled me to get inside Charlotte's head...and her heart...as the book unfolded like a Lifetime movie. T ...more
Megan (magan bagan)
Mar 28, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
In Hannah's debut novel she deals with a rather controversial subject, adding twists and unexpected situations that leave the reader wondering just what happened. Pieces of Us is a story that I think everyone could relate to.

Charlotte and Cameron fell in love young and seemed to have the perfect marriage. That is until Charlotte found a text message from her supposed best friend. Refusing to hear his excuses, she leaves their home and tries to start over.

But you can't always run from your past.
Victoria
♥︎♥︎Sofia♥︎♥︎
Five pages into this story and I thought "Erm? Have I read this before?" 10 pages in and it's confirmed, P2P strikes again! This was initially a Twilight fanfiction called All Cried Out by Hannah81

Husband Cameron/Edward cheats on wife Charlotte/Bella with best friend Lucy/Tanya (who had the brass neck to stand as bridesmaid at their wedding) distraught C/B leaves town Fairfield/Forks without really getting an explanation or a decent punch in. Five years later she returns with fiance Owen/Jacob i
Elena
Dec 01, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2016-read, 3-stars
Marisa
Apr 10, 2015 rated it liked it
Hum, where to start, I was confused by this book and its authors story line, young love betrayed. Which was riveting at the beginning, however after the return of the 5yrs of separation I can honestly say I actually felt all those yrs, the story lost interest for me. Not all the characters were well though out or developed. One of my biggest pet peeves, is a rushed make it all fit nicely ending, this would have carried more weight if it had a different ending one that showed Char moving on and n ...more
Raijilli Magaña
Aug 22, 2017 rated it liked it
Heroine/Doormat let everyone walk all over her. She never gave Owen (the Hero in my opinion) his rightful place in her life. I was not rooting for Charlotte and Owen. He deserved a real woman with him not someone who lets everyone walk all over her. Ex: Lucy telling her things in Cameron's office while she just sits there feeling hurt with tears in her eyes (if I'm not mistaken).

Owen...I sincerely wish and hope that he gets a good woman worthy of all the love he is capable of giving.
Mell
Dec 01, 2011 marked it as fanfiction-oh-fanfiction
Shelves: fiction
I had to press on in order to finish this, as I disliked both of the main characters. They felt flat and one dimensional, and the story felt like it had no energy. The writing itself was no real motivation to like the book- just blah. (Example: The opening pages rushed the story, putting years into a few paragraphs. The book read like the author didn't feel like bothering with how the couple got to where they are.)
Nerissa
Dec 16, 2017 rated it liked it
Not sure about this one. I struggled with him being with Lucy after the first broke up. He was heart broken but f**king the OW ? It felt all kinds of wrong with bullshit in flashing lights above it.

I also had massive frustration over her not listening to him. Just weird. Wrong. Annoying.

2.5 stars.
Renee Booth (Sassy Book Lovers)
One of the most Intense books I have ever read! Check out my review at sassybooklovers.blogspot.com
Malika
I hated this bk! The H was an absolute a-hole and the h was tots tstl ! Pathetic!
Veronica Mckenna
May 01, 2017 rated it it was ok
This review perfectly sums up the book! https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...
Callie
May 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Keep reading.

I was debating whether I wanted to buy this book after the sample ended, but I am so glad I did. This book made me feel so many emotions and you really went on the journey with her. I throughly enjoyed it.
Amanda Cremaldi
May 08, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Yea ...

I’m sorry but I feel like she made a big mistake taking cam back I feel like she should of stayed with Owen. Cam cheated even if it wasn’t sexual it’s still emotional cheating n then she tried to blame herself for it...just ughhh
Tiffany
Sep 17, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good

I want to rate this 5 stars because it was so hard to put down but I need to see the mc together longer in the end. It still was a great book though.
D²
Sep 29, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Cafebiblioart
Apr 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
(Might contain spoilers)

I loved this book, just as I predicted. This one used to be a fanfic as well…yeah, I know, I have been reading a lot of pulled fanfiction lately. I hope it doesn’t bother you!

The plot is not very complex, but this time I not complaining. This book is about feelings, about betrayal, hope, fear and most of all love.

This story is very well written, at least it is in my opinion. I was able to connect with Charlotte - the heroine in a way I haven’t done it before. I could fee
Bia
May 05, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-i-own
3.5 Stars!

This is another emotional book that I read in less than a week. Although you won’t become best friends with the tissues like the previous book I read, you will feel sad at some moments.

Charlotte Barnes and Cameron Harper fell in love really young. They got married really fast and had the perfect married live you could imagine for two or three years or so Charlotte thought. (view spoiler)
Passion For Pages
Jul 30, 2012 rated it liked it
Review on http://passionforpages.blogspot.ca/20...

When I started reading Pieces of Us I was immediately overcome with a sense of déjà vu. I started looking through my pile of books. Had I read this one already and not written a review for it? Nope. Turned out I had read it before, but back when it was fan fiction and I hadn’t finished – can’t remember why now. Maybe I just became too busy or maybe I just grew bored. *sigh* Either way, I trudged ahead and I’m glad I did.

The story starts off with
Danielle
Jul 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Friends
Recommended to Danielle by: First read this on twilighted.net
Shelves: hannah-downing
Charlotte Barnes thought she had the love of her life for eternity until she found that her husband, Cameron Harper, had betrayed her with her best friend, Lucy. Instead of confronting her husband, she runs and starts a new life in Boston. Owen Cooper who is now Charlotte's fiancé has taken a job and they will moving back to Charlotte's hometown where she fled five years ago. Owen loves Charlotte but wants her to face the past so they can move forward and get married. As she is home, her past ha ...more

• Welcome to Drama Academy
  • Grave Refrain
  • Three Daves
  • Whirlwind
  • Indivisible
  • The Golden Apple of Discord (The Discord Trilogy, #1)
  • The Darkness of Perfection
  • A Multitude of Sins
  • Take the Cake
  • Cat O' Nine Tails
  • Gilded Cage
  • Passion Fish
  • Little Battles (Old Wounds, #2)
  • Live In Position