Start by marking “Solemn Oath (Er Trilogy, #2)” as Want to Read:
Solemn Oath (Er Trilogy, #2)

Solemn Oath (ER Trilogy #2)

4.08  ·  Rating details ·  200 Ratings  ·  17 Reviews
Dr. Lukas Bower is assigned to head his hospital's emergency room and must cope with medical, political, and economic crises, while his interest in Mercy Richmond alters as her ex-husband becomes converted.
Published May 1st 2000 by Bethany House Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Solemn Oath, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Solemn Oath

Debbie
Jan 28, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: christian, suspense
"Solemn Oath" is a Christian medical suspense novel with some romance. This novel is the second in a series, but I could follow the story without having read the first book. However, it did spoil events in the first novel, so I'd recommend starting with "Sacred Trust."

The characters were interesting, complex, and acted realistically. The various characters dealt with real issues (like "office" politics, child abuse, alcoholism, the damage caused by gossip, children dealing with their parent's br
Doranne Long
Mar 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful to keep reading this #2 of the ER Trilogy. I appreciate the fast-paced events from the Emergency Room, and the Christian themes, but also the authors diving into the health care system. As a fellow health-care provider, and Christian, I can personally relate to many of the same issues.
Randy and Donna Christian
Terrific book

This story is so compelling I found it hard to put down! They've done it again showing Hod's love through the pages and lives of the people written about here
Dec 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is the second of three books in the series surrounding a group of people in a small hospital in the Ozarks. The writers build on the first book, developing the characters even more and show how God's grace can effect our lives. We see some conversions int his story. There's some unpleasant realities revealed, while some happiness is mixed in. I was very happy with the author's continued writing of a certain character that was prominent in the first book. This character showed a lot of growt ...more
D.J.
Jun 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery

Hannah Alexander writes exciting medical mysteries!

Hannah loves to pull readers into such a vivid, believable reality that you’re immediately transported in the midst of the action! All you can do is hang on… and keep reading!

Solemn Oath begins with a murder… an attempted murder… an explosion… and a runaway vehicle!
…and that all happens before the first chapter!

As usual, the Knolls Community Hospital E.R. is hopping… Cowboy shows up again, but this time with a bullet wound; fireman Buck brings
Bonnie
Sep 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Dr. Lucas Bower found himself loaded down with more emergencies than he could keep up with. And "cowboy", the towns lover of exotic animals and "Buck", Knolls Community fireman, couldn't seem to stay out of the ER either. Dr. Mercy Richmond and Dr. Lucas Bower find themselves involved in more than the ER and their patients. Will it last if they decide to see each other outside of work? When Buck is accused of arson at various locations it changes everyone's lives. The fire at the hospital decide ...more
Becki
Feb 11, 2015 added it
Shelves: book-collector
The sequal to Sacred Trust, this book continues the stories of Lukas Bower, Tedi & Mercy Richmond, and Knolls Community Hospital.\n\nLukas and the hospital are both under investigation by the government watchdog COBRA. Mercy's ex-husband is out of detox. An arson is loose in town. And things are heating up between Lukas and Mercy.\n\nAgain, very predicatable. But an entertaining, quick read.
Molly
Jan 28, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Want to find out who did it? Whether the boy gets the girl? Whether the alcoholic reforms? Read the book. Did make me rethink the whole Jesus/God/Holy Spirit trilogy. Is there such a thing as blind faith?
Barb Ekman
Aug 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This was a gripping book. I was on the edge of my seat as continued to solve the mystery. The plot and characters were described with precision, and care. I enjoyed the spiritual elements of love, grace, and forgiveness.
Tracy
Mar 31, 2016 rated it liked it
Back with some good characters. I love that Lukas is unflinchingly good without being "perfect," but I struggled with Mercy's issues. I liked that there was a mystery incorporated into the story line.
Nicole
Feb 19, 2009 rated it it was amazing
I love Hannah's books because she just makes you want to read more!
Apr 17, 2015 rated it it was ok
This book didn't hold my interest.
Mackenzie Dare
Feb 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction
I enjoyed the all the different story lines intwined into this one. I like the fast-paced style and adventure, and the clearly Christian tone. This was a fun book to read and I enjoyed it!
PWRL
Sep 14, 2012 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012-new
A
Kim
Jul 30, 2015 added it
I enjoyed this book very much.
ChrisGA
Jun 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: z-read-2014
Very "explosive" episode in hospital politics, patients' lives, and the relationship between Mercy and Lukas
Mom-Ce
Feb 11, 2014
Bradly
Sep 06, 2007
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Eye of the Beholder (A Seaport Suspense Novel, #2)
  • Riptide (The Julesburg Mysteries #2)
  • Stain of Guilt (Hidden Faces Series, #2)
  • And Then There Were Two (Dani Ross Mystery #2)
  • Fatal Harvest (Haven #1)
  • Vanished (J.D. Stanton #2)
  • Sins of the Fathers
  • Secrets, Lies and   Alibis
  • The Hidden
  • A Quarter for a Kiss (The Million Dollar Mysteries, #4)
  • Irreparable Harm
  • Kaleidoscope Eyes (Family Honor #2)
  • Fear No Evil
  • A Silent Terror (High Stakes, #1)
  • Chop Shop (Bug Man, #2)
  • Blood Evidence (NCIS, #2)
  • Broken Wings (Second Chances, #4)
  • Life Everlasting (Santee, #2)

HANNAH ALEXANDER is the pen name for the husband-and-wife writing team of Mel and Cheryl Hodde, who began collaborating on their first blind date. Cheryl is the wordsmith, and Mel is the medical expert who helps her with the medical plotlines and edits everything she writes.
More about Hannah Alexander...

ER Trilogy (3 books)
  • Sacred Trust (Er Trilogy, #1)
  • Silent Pledge (Er Trilogy, #3)

Fiction Deals

• A House for Happy Mothers
  • Georgia Peaches and Other Forbidden Fruit
  • The Lace Makers of Glenmara
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Quaker Café (Quaker Café #1)
  • The Whiskey Rebels
    $12.99 $1.99
  • The Honest Spy
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone Crazy in Alabama (Ala Notable Children's Books. Middle Readers)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • We Are All Made of Stars
  • Angry Housewives Eating Bon Bons
  • Mercer Girls
    $4.99 $1.99
  • While the World Is Still Asleep (The Century Trilogy Book 1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Very Valentine
    $10.99 $2.99
  • The Cellar
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Clouds (Glenbrooke, #5)
  • Ireland