Start by marking “My Link in Time (The Immortal Ones, #2)” as Want to Read:
My Link in Time (The Immortal Ones, #2)

My Link in Time

(The Immortal Ones #2)

Girl meets boy, falls in love, becomes engaged, and walks down the aisle. Oh, if only life were that simple. When an Immortal girl meets a Mortal boy, life is a little more complicated.

When Charity accepted Lincoln's marriage proposal, she thought they could handle anything that came their way... Link’s newly acquired lust for blood became the first problem to tackle...
Nook, 228 pages
Published March 24th 2011 by S.L. Baum

To ask other readers questions about My Link in Time, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Link in Time

Start your review of My Link in Time (The Immortal Ones, #2)
DaisyLynneReads
Nov 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Crazy good story.

What a crazy good continuation in this series. Who knew there was so much going to happen that is totally unexpected. I loved seeing the continued back stories develop to help understand these beloved characters. Roller coaster of emotions bring you through the crazy ride.
Grammy 1
Dec 06, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
realize I gave high marks on Ms Baum's first book A Chance for Charity a few months ago. It was then I asked the author S. L. Baum to send me the sequel as soon as it was released. My 5 Star rating for the first in the series told me this YA Series was better than most and I see my feelings were not wrong.

What a wonderful read for teens and readers of all ages. I mentioned before that the storyline was intricate and compelling. In reading many genres and books and doing reviews, I have read
Al
Apr 23, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle, read-2011
If you told me before I got my Kindle that soon I’d be reading YA paranormal books and enjoying them, I’d have laughed in your face. Glittery vampires aren’t my thing. But with my Kindle I found myself making a conscious effort in branching out, trying genres I’d avoided in the past. What I found is I did enjoy some of those books I wouldn’t have given a second glance in the bookstore. This series has been among my favorites in this genre. Analyzing why has been an interesting exercise.

My first
Dec 28, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm glad the author wrote a sequel to A Chance for Charity because I really connected with the characters. I recently read this book again because I needed to read Our Summer of Discontent. It had been a while since I read the first two books and I had forgotten parts of the story.

Catherine, James, Oz, Macus, Eve, Lizabelle, Dee and Summer all come back to join Charity and Link and I enjoyed their different personalities.

Dec 28, 2011 rated it really liked it

Dec 28, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Seirra
Apr 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I'm going to be completely honest the first book in the Immortal Ones series didn't do it for me. I felt like it was too stale and lacked the necessary elements of an interesting story. HOWEVER, My Link in Time surprised me in the BEST way whereas with A Chance for Charity I didn't want to pick it back up but with My Link in Time I REFUSED TO PUT IT DOWN . I feel like S.L. Baum figured out the missing link to making this an excellent story, no pun intended. WHICH IT WAS. Action, ...more
Jun 14, 2011 rated it really liked it
I'm breezing through my summer reads and loving every minute of it. I read the first book and then quickly had to read the second book which brings me to My Link in Time. I have always been fascinated by the idea of immortals. I was a fan of the Highlander TV series/movies. I loved Cate Tiernan's Immortal Beloved and now I am loving this series about Charity and her family. Being that Charity and her family are immortal their back story has that aspect of historical fiction. In the first book we ...more
Joy
Dec 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
I originally picked up the first book as a free Kindle deal because it was written by an author that wrote another series I've enjoyed (Lush is the first book). This series was written several years before that one, and it shows, but I found it to be enjoyable nonetheless.

I read this about four months ago and don't recall the details that differentiate books 2, 3, and 4, so I'm writing a similar review for all three. Overall, this was a fun read and improved on book 1, and I enjoyed where the
Linda
Jul 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Yeah, I thought things were going way too smoothly in the beginning of this book. I began to doubt that Book Two was going to have what it took to keep this older YA reader interested. Then the, you know what, hits the fan! S. L. Baum continues to build a great Immortals story here. There is still much to learn about these fascinating characters the author has brought to us. Their life's are changing and growing in ways they didn't expect either. I can't wait to hear more about Lulach, ...more
Chanda
Apr 19, 2011 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this one more than the first...and if there are more later I'll probably read those too. The love story between Charity and Link didn't freak me out as much, and there's so much going on I kind of forgot about it. I'm still confused about Delilah...it seems like there's something not quite right about her, but I guess not? They mention her several times, that her mind is not right, but it's never expanded on.
Justina
Oct 28, 2011 rated it really liked it
This book picks up right after the second one ends. Charity is making plans for her Vegas wedding to Link and couldn't be happier. The real action place in Vegas with the introduction of a new character named Elizabeth. She's a real bitch and what she does is so wrong in so many ways. Charity's "human" friends have a huge role in the action and D is just not right. It all works out in the end and I can't wait for the next.
Kyra Dunst
Jan 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I love this series. The witches, immortals, vampires, shapeshifters, and now The Caster! Charity's Las Vegas wedding isn't going quite as planned. Add in a kidnapping, and a witch bent on taking powers from others, and things can't go anywhere but wrong. I love how the story twisted and turned, and I can't wait to see how Charity deals with all these new changes. I would recommend this author to others.
Angel **Book Junkie**
Sometimes when you read a book in a series you look forward to reading the next book in the series but when you pick it up and it seems like you are reading the first book all over again. I Love paranormal romance but I this one seemed like it was a total replay of the first book. The characters bored me and made me really think that Charity went through the same thing in the end that she went through in the beginning.
george
Apr 30, 2011 rated it liked it
The continuation of A Chance for Charity finds Charity about to marry her soulmate. They've already been through a lot of danger and changes, but now Charity is ready to move forward with Lincoln. They decide to marry in Las Vegas, but the trip doesn't run as smoothly as theu anticipated or hoped.

There was a lot of action in this one, and I liked it. Found out more about the supernatural beings. While the ending wasn't really a surprise, it sets up the third book perfectly. I liked it.
Angie Hemmings
May 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I just finished this book and absolutely loved it. It was well written and I loved the fact that the heroine is a strong, albeit old fashioned woman. The book flowed well and I didn’t have to skip parts which I really did love. I especially liked the fact that the author took someone who would normally be considered a villain and turned him into a good guy.

Would I read this again?

Absolutely!
Siff Little
Mar 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I am in love with this series.
Another sleepless night cause I just could not put this book down.
It was interesting and surprising all the way through, the fact that you knew it was all gonna end good, but not the way you thought was, making it would made it a page turner for me.
I hope Baum is busy writing more of these cause I am hooked. ;)
Reviewer King
Dec 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I've been stalling to read this book for a while. The first book has been one of my favorite reads of 2014. It was amaaazing!!

This was a great read. Very detailed and unique. The characters were depicted thoroughly and with a flourish.

I really recommend this if you liked the first book. The romance is *sighs* swoon-worthy.
Belkis
Nov 28, 2011 rated it liked it
finished this followup second book to the Immortals Ones series by S.L.Baum and found it to be pretty much like the first book. not great, not bad, just a somewhat nice read. nothing about these books was spectacular enough to make an impression.
Alyson
May 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
Much better than the first book in the series! Again, loved that it is a clean story, while still having decent romance. Also, the characters are fun to follow as they interact and evolve through the plot. Another quick, fun, clean read!
Andrea Heltsley
Apr 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014-read
I love a book with a happily ever after. This was an awesome followup to the first book. It was creative and fun. Upper YA/NA book.
Michelle
Apr 15, 2011 rated it really liked it
Great book, great series.
Anita
Aug 31, 2012 rated it really liked it
This book started off a bit slow but got really good toward the end. Looking forward to the next installment.
it had a decent story to it, but I found it boring. Took me longer to finish than most books.
Victoria
Jun 11, 2015
Laura Wolf
Feb 08, 2013

• Maybe: The Complete Series
  • Carmen's New York Romance Trilogy (Carmen's New York, #1-3)
  • Shadow's Seduction (Immortals After Dark, #16; The Dacians, #2)
  • Break the Day (Midnight Breed, #16)
  • The Return (Shifter Planet #2)
  • Marco
  • Anthony (Lucian & Lia Book 7)
  • Lee (Lucian & Lia,  #6)
  • Aidan (Lucian & Lia, #5)
  • Rose (Lucian & Lia, #4)
  • Mended (Lucian & Lia, #3)
  • Soul Intent (Soul Identity, #2)
  • Soul Integrity
  • Witch Fury (Elemental Witches, #4)
  • Water Crystal
  • Witch Blood (Elemental Witches, #2)
  • Twilight
  • The Twisted Kiss (Doomsyear, #1)

The Immortal Ones (4 books)
  • A Chance for Charity (The Immortal Ones, #1)
  • Our Summer of Discontent
  • The Eve of Destruction (The Immortal Ones, #4)