Start by marking “A Master Class in Brand Planning: The Timeless Works of Stephen King” as Want to Read:
A Master Class in Brand Planning: The Timeless Works of Stephen King

A Master Class in Brand Planning: The Timeless Works of Stephen King

In 1988, on Stephen King's retirement JWT published 'The King Papers' a small collection of Stephen King's published writings spanning 1967-1985. They remain timelessly potentially valuable but are an almost unexploited gold mine. This book is comprised of a selection of 20-25 of Stephen King's most important articles, each one introduced by a known and respected practitio ...more
Published February 25th 2011 by Wiley (first published January 2nd 2007)

To ask other readers questions about A Master Class in Brand Planning, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Master Class in Brand Planning

Start your review of A Master Class in Brand Planning: The Timeless Works of Stephen King
Doug Garnett
Stephen King's writing is fascinating and generally quite right-on. Where his work suffers is from basing his brand theories on consumable goods (e.g. toilet paper). In my experience, different theories and choices are needed for hard products like tools, power equipment, cookware, and automobiles.

That said, I'm quite disappointed that there is so much writing by others. My goal has been to read Stephen King. But only about 1 of every 3 articles is by him.
Emilie
Feb 07, 2013 added it
"Not based on what agencies thought should go into the advertising, but on what ought to be the consumers response"
APG Colombia
Aug 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Stephen King Master class en Brand Planning: Escrito por más de 15 planners destacados de Argentina. Este libro es un compendio de muchos papers de stephen king (el padre del planning) en donde la APG Argentina se destaco por cómo se interpretaron localmente las enseñanzas de King en casos del mercado Argentino. Una lectura valiosa para inspirarse y llevarse buenas prácticas dignas de premios.

Reseña compartida por Camila Lopez, Wavemakers.
Gus Khaldi
Mar 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A must read for every business person... I re-read every paper several times because I found them extremely entertaining and enlightening! The best description of this book was on the back cover: "This book should be required reading for everyone entering the business, and serve as a reminder to the rest of us that however high we think we have set our standards, they are probably not high enough." - Jon Steel... perfect description!
Matt Baker
Jan 05, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good to know where your discipline came from and there are a few perennial ideas that are worth holding on to. That said, the majority of insights came from some well written introduction essays from contemporary industry experts.
Doris Raines
Mar 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hi. I. Love. All. King. Movies. His. Books. Are. Really. Amageing. Thanks. Doris.
Miguel Gonzalez
I ordered a copy of this used from Amazon; awaiting delivery.
Willem van der Horst
Apr 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Essential read for anyone in marketing / advertising - particularly if you have a strategy related job title in any way.
Semiramissis
Apr 02, 2018
Vanisha Narsey
Feb 11, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Positioning: The Battle for Your Mind: How to Be Seen and Heard in the Overcrowded Marketplace
  • Truth, Lies, and Advertising: The Art of Account Planning
  • The Game
  • Smarter Than You Think: How Technology is Changing Our Minds for the Better
  • Algorithms to Live By: The Computer Science of Human Decisions
  • Look at More: A Proven Approach to Innovation, Growth, and Change
  • The Misfit Economy: Lessons in Creativity from Pirates, Hackers, Gangsters and Other Informal Entrepreneurs
  • Good Strategy Bad Strategy: The Difference and Why It Matters