Start by marking “Metamorphosis (The Immortal Archives, #2)” as Want to Read:
Metamorphosis (The Immortal Archives, #2)

Metamorphosis

(The Immortal Archives #2)

Change is not always a good thing...

Some survived the battle – but not without a price. As one heart starts up again, another dies down. The pure vampires learn their immortality isn't as strong as they'd thought – the status of their hearts determines their vulnerability. And when the truth gets out, a betrayal by one of their own will cost more lives.

New Adult Urban
Published November 15th 2011

To ask other readers questions about Metamorphosis, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Metamorphosis

Start your review of Metamorphosis (The Immortal Archives, #2)
Devon Ashley
May 05, 2011 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Recommends it for: hunters, vampires, magic, demons, strong female leads
Recommended to Devon by: my imagination
Who would I cast?
description
Check out my post explaining why.
Abby: Rachel McAdams
Noel: Skeet Ulrich
Emily: Emma Stone
Valerie: Evan Rachel Wood
Gaius: Derek Hough

Loved the book? Get the code for the sidebar banner at my site!

description

I'm really excited how Metamorphosis turned out. In Ordained, my characters were confined to one location and stressed as they were forced to play nice with the enemy. Now that they're home again, they're comfortable in their own skins and even get to cut loose for a bit (at least until
Jennifer Warnix
Mar 30, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Jennifer by: devon ashley
I was very happy with this book. Metamorphosis has great and unexpected twists that will leave fans of this series probably angry at that moment but don't put that book down! Keep reading and you will be glad you did. I certainly was and I am already anxious to read the next book in this awesome series!
Melissa Silva
Apr 11, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
METAMORPHOSIS BY DEVON ASHLEY

Book 2 in the Immortal Archives Series

I loved the first book in the Immortal Archives series and Devon Ashley doesn't disappoint with this second installment. Metamorphosis was quick paced, dramatic, and witty. A great continuation of the series.

Metamorphosis follows the POVs of Abby, Emily, and Noel. It starts with Emily's full transformation process and continues on with her acceptance of the life she now lives.
As Abby and Noel get Emily adjusted to her new life,
Pamela
Jun 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Rate: 4.5

Since Metamorphosis is book 2, I want to warn that there will likely be spoilers for Ordained in my review.

When we last saw Emily, she had a decision to make. She had been accidentally exposed to Abby's blood which infected her with the vampire virus; however, because it was only a very small amount, it won't turn her into a vampire, it will kill her. So her choice is to either allow Abby to turn her into a pure vampire or die. Not really much of a choice, is it?

Metamorphosis starts off
Jessica (Step Into Fiction)
Review originally posted at Step Into Fiction

I really enjoyed this book. I loved the characters as much (even more) than I did throughout the first book. There wasn't as much action as we saw in the first book but that's OK because this didn't need it. This book feature a lot of character growth; especially for Emily. It's what she needs. Especially since she's going through her transformation.

Monaliz
Sep 24, 2012 rated it really liked it
My rating: 4/5 stars
Read the review in my blog!

May contain some spoilers
Metamorphosis is the second book in The Immortal Archives series, and even though I enjoyed the first book, the second book definitely was more to my taste.

During the first book, Emily had a little "accident" with Abby's blood, and now she's transforming into something completely new. And the transformation isn't always easy, but little choice does Emily have. Luckily she has Noel and Abby on her side and they do their
Amber
Oct 14, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook, arc, review
In the beginning of Metamorphosis, I was confused there was so many twists and turns but they all came out and made sense in the end, Thank God because I was sooo about to loose my mind with all the betrayal and lies that were going on. Devon Ashley is an amazing author I have read just about all of her books and she always seems to keep me captivates, she always has something more and new to bring to each new story.

Metamorphosis is the second in The Immortal Archives series, In the first book
Ivy
Oct 20, 2011 rated it really liked it
Metamorphosis by Devon Ashley is an intriguing and unpredictable novel with twists and turns!

I really enjoyed Metamorphosis more than its first book, Ordained, because it is more compelling and appealing. Although they have left the academy, there is more to know about who Abby and Noel really are. Also, Emily moved out of the academy and is closer to Abby and Noel more than before. She deals with who she is and what she has become thanks to Abby.

My favorite and most worrisome part of the novel
Step Into Fiction
Oct 10, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: jessica

I would like to say that the author, Devon Ashley, is genius. About midway through this book she had me furious. I could not have foreseen a
Reading Vacation
Jul 06, 2011 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed Ordained, the first book in The Immortal Archives series, so I was looking forward to reading more about Abby after her transformation. I wanted to see more of her famous fight scenes and I also wanted to see how things would play out between her and the other characters.

As I hoped, Abby is still the sarcastic and strong-willed girl that I remember. She is tough and has gotten much better at using her powers. There are some great action scenes where Abby gets to show her stuff! I also
Disincentive/Feta
Jul 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: from-author, review
READ AND COMMENT: http://disincentive-reviews.blogspot....
When I finished reading Ordained, I felt I really needed more. So many things were left unexplained and I had milion possible endings of the story in my life.
Metamorphosis was WAY better than the first book in the series! I finally got to read more about Emily! At the beggining, it was a lot about her, but then story came back to Abby and Noel. It was pretty chaotic, but I still enjoyed it.
Plot twists are perfect. I usually know how
Cesya
Jun 28, 2011 rated it it was amazing
With the way Ordained ended, I couldn't wait to sink my teeth into Metamorphosis. And I have to say, it didn't disappoint! It was non-stop action from the start. Quit a few times this book had me gasping loudly or holding my breath. I may have even yelled at it once or twice because Devon threw in a curve ball I wasn't expecting but it was a perfect play on her part. Everything was planned out so well and tied in nicely to the overall plot of the story. With how this one ended, I'm anxiously ...more
Trista Siegel
May 25, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
I loved this book!! This was so much better than the first but it doesn't feel right to say that because the first one great too. I loved all the twists, it was like a roller coaster of action! There were moments I wanted to write to Devon and ask "Why would you do that?" but things worked out so it wasn't necessary. I can't wait for Catacombs!

Full review here: http://tristasiegel.blogspot.com/2011...
Rebecca A. Rogers
Lots of twists in this one! Really hoping there will be more to Emily and Gaius. ;)
Ayanami Faerudo
Oct 04, 2012 rated it really liked it
Elle
Sep 28, 2014 rated it did not like it
Ordained was a thrilling standout in an ocean of urban fantasy vampire/demon/hunter novels. A unique setting heavy with Romanian influence despite being modern day, no teen melodrama catfights or divas, and a main couple who are married and in a mature and stable relationship.

The sequel, Metamorphosis, seems determined to ruin and remove everything that made Ordained so unique and enjoyable. Gone are the remote settings and mysterious groups. Many are the relationship melodramas. Absent is most
Kara-karina
Oct 05, 2011 rated it liked it
3.5/5
I really wanted to like this book just as much as the first one, but it didn't work out for me. It was just all over the place.

This series is very original and fresh, but I feel like it needs more focus. The plot was going from one thing to another in a blink of an eye. There was no groundwork for certain actions and it was like I was missing some bits of info to give me a fuller picture of events.

I think, up until Noel and Abby's journey everything was going really well. The training and
Steven Burke
May 01, 2011 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed Devon's first book and I must say that this book had me guessing until half way through. The book overall was fantastic. I did struggle with how events that could have used more detail were glossed over. Also, it seemed like things were not completely explained. It was almost as if there was a rush to the end. Still, I enjoyed the characters old and new. She has a great method for developing her characters through subtle, and sometimes not so subtle dialog. I would recommend ...more
Tia
May 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This novel is the second installment in the Immortal Archives and I'm still confused as to why there is two heroines. Abby should of been the main one or Emily should have, not both. Also despite the fact that it's a good read, huge chunks are missing out and when we find out certain parts, we are like what the hell just happened? I can't say that I approve how it's written necessarily but it keeps us entertained.
Dia
Apr 15, 2012 marked it as to-read
Isn't this the same cover as the 3rd Bloodlines book Revelations ????

O.o

except the eyes are "glowing" on this one...
Joy
Mar 19, 2016 rated it liked it
Whew, this book almost lost me. At 50%, something happened that made me furious. I hung in there and made it through. Other than that, I enjoyed this book.
Leah Ryan
This book cover is definetly on something else i've read... Weird.
Andreas
Aug 21, 2011
Laura Wall
Sep 26, 2011
« previous 1 3 next »
I'm a mom, a lover and a fighter, a coffee addict, a total smartass, wicked knitster, a Microbiologist, a baker of fine yummy treats, and someone who will fight you to the death for that last Twinkie bag of M&Ms during the zombie-apocalypse. Seriously, my addiction is that important to me. Oh, and I say seriously way too much. Seriously…

Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Devon-A...

Ordained

The Immortal Archives (5 books)
  • Ordained (The Immortal Archives, #1)
  • Catacombs (The Immortal Archives, #3)
  • Hollow (The Immortal Archives, #4)
  • Deliverance (The Immortal Archives, #5)
“Noel ducked to the lower cabinets – a percussion of pots and pans clanged into each other.

“Are you intentionally trying not to listen to me?”

His head popped above the counter. “I resent that. I’m a great listener. Just ask the TV.”

Emily rolled her eyes. “Alright. I had…”

Noel heard her swallow and he suddenly wanted to knock himself out with the frying pan.

“…relations…with a mortal, Tommy.”

He ducked again, this time from embarrassment. He groaned silently, wishing she’d turn and walk away before she said what he knew was coming.

“It wasn’t quite the same as it was when I was human. It didn’t—”

“Please you, yeah I got it,” he blurted. “Please, for the love of God, stop.”
6 likes