Start by marking “Dr. Fegg's Encyclopeadia of All World Knowledge: Formerly The Nasty Book” as Want to Read:
Dr. Fegg's Encyclopeadia of All World Knowledge: Formerly The Nasty Book

Dr. Fegg's Encyclopeadia of All World Knowledge: Formerly The Nasty Book

4.12  ·  Rating details ·  101 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
Warming. This book features manyof the less savoury aspects of human behaviour. But you have been warned. We believe that it is far better we should face reality, however terrible, than stick our heads, sand-like, into an ostrich. Thank you. (From the into)
Paperback, Revised Edition, 96 pages
Published 1984 by Methuen (first published 1976)

To ask other readers questions about Dr. Fegg's Encyclopeadia of All World Knowledge, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dr. Fegg's Encyclopeadia of All World Knowledge

Manny
I bought a copy of this marvelous book when I was a first-year undergraduate, and it became a favorite in my circle of friends. We would frequently quote from it. There is a decent article in Wikipedia. Here are the first two paragraphs:
Bert Fegg's Nasty Book For Boys And Girls is a humorous book first published by Methuen in 1974 which purports to have been written by a psychopathic character, Dr. Fegg. In fact, the book is the work of Terry Jones and Michael Palin, who adapted a range of mater
Tallburt
May 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: humour, favorites
Undoubtedly the most important document ever written in English.
Steve
Apr 11, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: delinquents, frotters, nut cases
Recommended to Steve by: a funny smelling man
I read this back it when it was Dr. Fegg's Nasty Book of Knowledge. It is a sick, weird book of funny psychopathological ramblings about rats and the Bournemouth killings. There are songs, too, I think. It's the perfect gift for that maladapted teenaged relative with a crepuscular sense of humor.
Ian Wood
Sep 22, 2007 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: Python completists only
Shelves: monty-python
Dr Fegg’s Encyclopeadia of all World Knowledge was originally published in 1974 as Bert Fegg’s Nasty Book for Boys and Girls, it was re-published in 1976 and then revised Dr Fegg’s Encyclopeadia of all World Knowledge in 1984 when I bought it.

I think I know why it was written, after the success of ‘Monty Python’s Big red Book’ and ‘Another Monty Python Papperbok’ Jones and Palin realised that if they put some more of this rubbish out as a Jones and Palin they would be in for a two way rather tha
Johanna Stein
May 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Disgusting and hilarious. One of the few comedy books that I loved and quoted as a kid that I still love and quote (though nobody gets the references) as an adult. A necessity for Monty Python fans.
Max Nemtsov
Feb 15, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
подрывная мурзилка, кое-что отсюда потом реализовано в пост-питонье
grundoon
Oct 17, 2013 rated it liked it
Maybe it's me, maybe it just doesn't stand the yes of time, or (most likely) maybe it simply wasn't all that good to begin with. Very Python-esque of course, yet in a very one-note way. Despite the variety in format, there's little variety in humor. Which is not to say I didn't smirk my way through much of it or snort a few times - Jones and Palin do a style that's fun and essential to the formula. But they were only one of the three writing teams, and that's pretty much what it feels like: a on ...more
Andrew
Aug 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: python-etc, humour
Another must have for the Monty Python fan, this book from Michael Palin and Terry Jones has elements that are either inspired by or filtered through their previous work with Python or in Ripping Yarns. Very funny and although nominally a young adults read it is probably more suited for their parents.
Alex Stone
Sep 09, 2009 rated it really liked it
Here's an old classic from my high school and college days. Dr Fegg continues to influence my life, but mostly in terms of wondering exactly where Bournemouth is and wanting to call pianos "painos". Not to mention an appreciation for a good looking fish.
Karla Keffer
Aug 02, 2012 rated it really liked it
My mum bought this book for me the Christmas I was twelve, in 1988. At that time, we didn't know it would be our last Christmas together. She died of cancer in October 1989. I am thankful that one of my mum's last gifts to me was such a perfect exemplar of all I loved best about her.
Kevin
Jul 21, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely hilarious.
Peter
Nov 25, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Simply put, if you love Python, you'll love this book. If you don't love Python, you won't.
Valerie Sherman
Dec 16, 2007 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hilarious. Yerluvinunclebert.
Samantha Parker
I registered a book at BookCrossing.com!
Tara Calaby
Feb 05, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: britcom, humour, own
I was a bit disappointed by this particular Britcom book. Okay, but not sensational.
Matt
Feb 25, 2013
Mrbeaujangles23
Oct 19, 2010
Mike
Jul 02, 2017
Ted Williams
Oct 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read this many many years ago. along with Dr Feggs pop-up book (I think)
Stevie
Nov 11, 2014
Vicky
Jun 25, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Terence Graham Parry Jones is a Welsh comedian, screenwriter and actor, film director, children's author, popular historian, political commentator and TV documentary host. He is best known as a member of the Monty Python comedy team.
More about Terry Jones...