Start by marking “The Path” as Want to Read:
The Path

The Path

Magick is real. And there is a secret world complete with its own agency, Veritas, to control those who would wield their power over “regulars”, or threaten the secrecy that keeps them all safe from the persecution that nearly destroyed them. For Cassie, a mixed blood witch, it’s the only world she’s ever known though she’s never embraced her role as agent for Veritas. For ...more
Published March 25th 2012 by Staccato Publishing (first published March 22nd 2012)

To ask other readers questions about The Path, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Path

Heidi
Mar 09, 2012 rated it really liked it
“Four stars: A fun book with realistic witches and magic.

Cassie is a witch of mixed blood. Her blended heritage is a source of turmoil in her life and in her magic. She is a recent graduate of the Academy, a place where witches go to learn their craft. She is now an agent for Veritas, an organization set up to hunt down rogue witches. Unfortunately, for Cassie she has spent the last few months tagging along with her adept and capable partners Julia and Quan. She has yet to prove herself and mas
C.S. Yelle
Apr 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing
H.K. Savage built the tension and momentum like a freight train until reaching the incredible crescendo that ended up being more than I could have hoped for.
To say that Savage has a talent for weaving plot, action, character development, and tension together to bring to life a fast-paced thrill ride would be an understatement. She effortlessly creates unique characters you can relate to while giving them those small qualities that makes them so believable.
The Path is a creative approach to
Adele
Jul 05, 2011 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Adele by: H.K. Savage
*Reviewed with thanks to the Author*

Cassie Porter is an Agent working for Veritas. And Just waing for her Powers to kick in. (it's either that or go insane).as that is what always happens with mixed bloods like herself.

She is given one last assignment to do. on this assingment she and her two colleaugues Julia and Quan. Are to Investigate the Unrestrained Magic being used by Terry Pritchard.

During Cassie's Investigations she meets Drew Carter a handsome young co owner of the very Nightclub that
T.M. Smith
Apr 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I really did enjoy Savage's take on witchcraft and how she wove it with the Native American culture from Cassie's background.I love when I find a Paranormal story that keeps it real.

Cassie is very relatable in her struggle's throughout; Awkward and Unsure of herself and her abilities in the beginning she struggles to gain control of her Majik. Once she finds that balance and harness's the control needed to wield her powers, Katie Bar the Door! Then we have some steamy Romance; sent on this missi
Jessy
Oct 14, 2012 rated it really liked it
The beginning of this book had more build up than I normally enjoy. We are introduced to all the main characters which is understandable and I don't fault the author. There are some important "facts" that she divulges to us that are important to the story. If you like a book with a detailed lead up then no problemo! It all comes together as you continue reading and then you find you're thankful for all the pertinent details. With that being said once it starts and you get passed the "getting to ...more
Nancy (The Avid Reader)
Cassie Porter is a witch in training well actually she is an investigator in training for the Veritas agency. She has two partners who have taken her under their wings to help train her how to use her powers without them getting away from her and she loses control of them. Cassie has tried so hard to learn how to control her powers and to make something of herself. She would very much like to make her family proud of her especially her father since her mother is no longer living. She will do wha ...more
Carly
Dec 10, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: for-review
The Path is quite different from any other witchy book out there at the minute. I really did enjoy the book as a whole, but I feel like there was a little something missing for me and I can't quite put my finger on what it was. The book has a great storyline and is well written, but I think I just lacked a connection with main character Cassie.

Cassie is a witch, she is in training to become an investigations officer at Veris (like a witching police force) . She has mixed blood, both water &
OpenBookSociety.com
Brought to you by OBS reviewer Dawn

The book begins by introducing two young men, Brandon and Drew. Their parents have been killed; they are sent to live with an aunt until Brandon is 18 and can take care of Drew on his own. I felt great sympathy for Drew; his world changed in an instant. I’ts obvious that Brandon knows more but will not share it. And this all takes place in the prologue.

Next we meet Cassie. Cassie comes from two lines of witches making her a “mixed” witch. The only problem, she
Tishia (Paperback Opinion)
Mar 23, 2012 rated it really liked it
The Path is a Paranormal Romance by author H.K. Savage. This novel centers around Cassie, a mixed blood witch who struggles with her powers. Cassie is an agent for Veritas, an agency that polices witches. Because of the issues with her own powers, Cassie is on the verge of losing her job and letting down her family. She basically has one more chance to prove herself – which is a difficult case involving one of the most horrible witches the company has ever dealt with.

This is a great story involv
Mad about
Aug 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing
The Path (Series title TBD) by HK Savage

Cassie like most American's has mixed parentage which on it's own isn't a problem but it is when both of her witch parents have different magical abilities. Cassie as struggled to find herself as a witch with the different powers at odds with each other. Her partners Julia and Quan have been very patient and supportive but her training can't last forever so it's now or never!

A series of death's leads the trio of Verita's investigators to Flordia where thei
Christine
Mar 23, 2012 rated it liked it
I found myself putting off this book in the beginning because it was a little slow for the first couple of chapters. The fact that the story didn't grab me immediately, is one of the reasons I didn't give this book 4 stars.

Once I decided to commit myself to getting past, what I hoped was just a rough beginning, I was very happy that I did! The story does, indeed, redeem itself just a few chapters in. I found that I was halfway through and totally invested in the characters in just a few hours.
AK Mama Reads
Sep 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-for-review
Some books struggle to bring their characters to life but that couldn’t be further from the truth when it comes to The Path. I was impressed with the author’s ability to portray her male and female characters equally convincingly. The “you are magical, yes magic is real” trope can sometimes be a bit tiresome, but it worked splendidly in this story, serving as a reasonable explanation for things otherwise inexplicable, and remaining as an obstacle for Drew along the way. He and Cassie worked rath ...more
Mindy
Jun 19, 2012 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book - especially like how HK Savage sets her novels is areas I've lived (Tampa, Minneapolis) - I can completely picture the story in my mind. There was an unsettling undercurrent in this book that bothered me - I can't quite put my finger on it, but it feels something like the characters didn't seem as plausible as normally found in Savage's other novels (noted - it is fantasy...what is plausable?). I'm all in for a sequel solely to hear more about these interesting characters.
Brandi Streeval
Jun 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
i got this e-book for review, i really liked this book alot, i could hardly put my nook down and stop reading, this book is very very good and very interesting, i really enjoyed this book alot, i am really glad that i was able to review this book, i can not wait to read more books by this author, i give this book 5 stars, i highly recommend this book to everyone.
Christina Spicer
Oct 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing
The book was amazing had me hooked from the first word on the page! Such a great plot with such a great story line! I loved all of the characters and am eagerly awaiting the second book hurry up Heather!
Jacinta Maree
Sep 18, 2012
Joanna Mennie
Jan 26, 2016
H.K. Savage
Mar 26, 2011 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Krista
Oct 07, 2012
judy Corona
Oct 09, 2012
Open Book Society: H.K. Savage Interview 1 1 Sep 03, 2012 10:15PM
HK lives in the frozen hinterlands of the far North. The long, cold months provide ample opportunity to hunker down with her computer and create adventures far more enticing than scraping ice and getting frostbite.

Between books HK reads voraciously. Anything with a good plot and compelling characters are her broad parameters. One is as likely to catch her with a copy of Don Quixote as with the la