Start by marking “Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 5 (Ouran High School Host Club, #5)” as Want to Read:
Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 5 (Ouran High School Host Club, #5)

Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 5

(Ouran High School Host Club #5)

In this sharp-witted romantic comedy about the clash of the classes (of all kinds), a poor girl at a rich kids' school ends up working at the school's toniest club-and gets mistaken for a boy!

In this high anticipated title, a kind of cross between HANA-KIMI and BOYS OVER FLOWERS, Haruhi is a scholarship student at an exclusive private school: Ouran High School, where it tu

Published March 7th 2006 by VIZ Media (first published January 5th 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 5, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 5

isabelle
Mar 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: extremely-cute, manga
Included THIS scene

description

So just had to give the volume 5 fabulous stars.
haley
So, manga isn't really my thing, but I absolutely adored the anime version of this, and I needed more of Ouran's awesomeness, so that's why I decided to read it.

Although most of this was the same as the anime, there was a few new stuff and I liked it.
Overall, pretty good.
Daphne
Re-read: March 2018
This is such a fun series. It has a fun plot, a ton of slapstick humor, and a hilarious cast of characters. This contained to summer vacation arc and, while it's certainly not my favorite story arc, it is entertaining. The differences between the twins are starting to become more clear, and you can definitely see them maturing. As I mentioned in my original review, I love Nekozawa, and his story was awesome. I don't have much to say about this volume, but I had a love of fun w
Flor
Jan 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018
Reason #457 why I love this manga
*Haruhi and Hikaru on their date trying to share an ice cream*
Tamaki (dressed up as the clerk): No need to share one! I'm not stingy so here's another one for free
Kaoru (tackling Tamaki): why did you interfere when things were going so well.
Hikaru (unaware of their presence): Too bad Kaoru couldn't come
Kaoru (jumping like a crazy person): BROTHER I'M HERE!
Chelsea K.
This is definitely my favorite volume yet! For two main reasons, I think: 1) it struck a perfect balance between character building and goofiness (whereas former episodes were mainly comedic or filler-ish), and 2) the guest characters didn't seem to distract from the story of the actual club members, but actually added to it. (I'm biased, because I always prefer solo-club hijinks to guest-inspired hijinks.)

Episode 17: 4.5/5
Midterm grades come out -- Hunny and Mori are respectively the top of the
Kat (Lost in Neverland)
Jan 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
My favorite cover of all the manga's so far. I love the blue!!

After I Finished the Book

Not only my favorite manga cover, my favorite manga VOLUME. (of this series)
It was so funny and sweet, and my new favorite character is definitely Mori, for what reason, I have no idea.

EEEEEE!!
(Btw: that picture is actually in an episode in this volume.)

It has three of my favorite episodes in it, one with the creepy/hot Nekozawa!!

description

WHOOOO! I officially love this manga series. GO READ IT, DAMMIT!!
Ankita Singh
Dec 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
My favorite volume so far! <3
Miss Ryoko
Aug 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: library-book, manga
Oh lord... I love the twins.

Dayum... Mori was lookin' pretty sexy during the refreshing contest in Karuizawa!! Hahahaha!! But also.... they were ALL lookin' pretty darn sexy when the host club was dressed up like police officers! Yes ma'am!! Lol!!

I really don't want Haruhi and Tamaki to end up together like I know they will. I really don't want Haruhi to end up with any of them, but she will because it is a shojo manga. I really love how nonchalant and oblivious because she doesn't care she is.
Kellie
Aug 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I think this is my favorite volume so far...?
Angel
Jan 20, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: boring, eh
Boooooring.
Jul 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This volume has all my favorite moments and MORE specially the secret of Mori-sempai. i couldn't believe it!!
Hannah
May 12, 2019 added it
Treasure
Dec 11, 2009 rated it really liked it
This one had more plot than some of the previous books, but still plenty of silly, over the top parodies of manga stereotypes and breaks with the "4th wall".
Haruhi gets a female tutor that makes the Host Club mad with jealousy and then they spend the summer vacation working together at a resort, where Haruhi reconnects with an old school friend, inciting more jealousy. Um,noticing a slight plot device pattern here....
Kelsey Hanson
Oct 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This one was one of the better editions mainly for the moment where Tamaki is training their resident prince of darkness. Using a flashlight as negative reinforcement really shouldn't be as funny as it was. I cracked up at the "No back talk!" line. It was also interesting to see a series where the twins do not have identical personalities and have their own issues to deal with.
Valentina Markasović
Aug 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
Really liked the first chapter in this one, non-anime material. I like how Tamaki doesn't even try and ends up second best in the class.
Jackie B. - Death by Tsundoku
Episode 18 brings a new character into the host club, Ayame Jonouchi. Haruhi has found a tutor in Ayame. However, Ayame harbors ill feelings for Tamaki ever since he took the school by storm when he arrived in 8th grade. He swept her heart away and swept away her 2nd place spot in the academic rankings. Thankfully, Tamaki eventually sees his innocent words and interactions with Ayame clouded her high school experiences. The Host club to the rescue! They work together to help Ayame realize she is ...more
Carina
Feb 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Gah, this is such a cute volume of Ouran!

The first story is another filler-type piece about Haruhi not quite getting the grade she needed which could put her scholarship at risk. As a story its a very forgettable one, but it's actually sweet how the Host Club rally behind her and make sure she has studying time (even if they're a tad noisy and disruptive about it).

The main storyline in this Tankabon is the summer holiday one, which is just adorable and is covered really well in the anime. I rea
Denise
May 30, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: gnmc2018
Haruhi really doesn't get worked up about anything (almost--we saw what scared her a volume or so ago). She forgets to go back to a section on a test and doesn't get the top score because of it. Her scholarship is dependent on her grades so she's in danger of being kicked out. She's positive she'll do more than fine on the makeup test but the Host Club tries to tutor her anyway.

She gets a job during the summer which the guys of course crash. Hiraku doesn't deal well with meeting a friend of Har
Evelyn
Mar 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
An amusing tale of jealousy and scorn.
A refreshing trip for summer vacation.
An old friend causes storm that could possibly mean some personal growth for one of the characters.

And to top it all off, we have a three year old with a very adult vocabulary visit the Host Club.

Hilarious antics and heart warming lessons.

This series has 18 volumes.
Emma
Apr 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
It was really nice to see the twins getting some character development, as well as showing their individual personalities more (I must say that Kaoru is giving Kyoya a run for his money as "shadow puppet master" but it's all for a good cause I guess haha).
Another very enjoyable instalment, and I'm pretty sure that the art just keeps improving with every volume.
Danii Allen
Aug 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lgbtq, 2017-popsugar
Read as part of the PopSugar Reading Challenge 2017, to fill 35) A book set in a hotel.

(Cheating more but Karuizawa is almost a hotel leave me alone.)

The extra episode in this volume, Mori's Secret, was my favourite thing ever (as a massive Mori fangirl it's just incredible). More Mori, please!! And of course, I still love the main story.
Maeve
Apr 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Gemma
Sep 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017
Laura (travelbybook)
Jun 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Ughhh I only have the first 5 volumes D:
Now I need to buy the rest and wait untill they arrive... 😓
Nerdy Panda (twobrokegirlswithbooks)
*actual rating: 4.5*
Jenny Unland
Jun 24, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: liked-it
We finally are getting plot!
Maud
Aug 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
In love with the 'date' chapter. Was my favourite in the anime too :)
Carrie
Nov 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is a amazing Book.
Glaiza Champion
Dec 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely love the silliness of this shojo. All the guys are funny and there's not an angsty feeling in sight.

It is beautiful.
Paolina
May 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Still hilarious!
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Hana-Kimi: For You in Full Blossom, Vol. 6 (Hana-Kimi: For You in Full Blossom, #6)
  • Fruits Basket, Vol. 16
  • La Corda d'Oro, Volume 6
  • Skip Beat!, Vol. 06
Japanese: 葉鳥ビスコ

Bisco Hatori born August 30 is a Japanese manga artist. Bisco Hatori is a pseudonym; she states that the name has special meaning to her. She has worked for such magazines as LaLa. Her manga debut was A Moment of Romance in LaLa DX. Her first series was Millennium Snow. However, the comedy Ouran High School Host Club is her breakout hit.

Ouran High School Host Club (1 - 10 of 18 books)
  • Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 1 (Ouran High School Host Club, #1)
  • Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 2 (Ouran High School Host Club, #2)
  • Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 3 (Ouran High School Host Club, #3)
  • Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 4 (Ouran High School Host Club, #4)
  • Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 6 (Ouran High School Host Club, #6)
  • Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 7 (Ouran High School Host Club, #7)
  • Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 8 (Ouran High School Host Club, #8)
  • Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 9 (Ouran High School Host Club, #9)
  • Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 10 (Ouran High School Host Club, #10)
  • Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 11 (Ouran High School Host Club, #11)
“The rain is a necessary prelude to beautiful weather. So even if your heart is in downpour right now it only means it will become exceptionally beautiful in time.” 30 likes