Start by marking “Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 1 (Ouran High School Host Club, #1)” as Want to Read:
Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 1 (Ouran High School Host Club, #1)

Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 1 (Ouran High School Host Club #1)

4.36  ·  Rating details ·  125,687 Ratings  ·  1,055 Reviews
One day, Haruhi, a scholarship student at exclusive Ouran High School, breaks an $80,000 vase that belongs to the 'Host Club', a mysterious campus group consisting of six super-rich (and gorgeous) guys. To pay back the damages, she is forced to work for the club, and it's there that she discovers just how wealthy the boys are and how different they are from everybody else.
Published July 5th 2005 by VIZ Media (first published August 5th 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 1, please sign up.
VGA Manga is often confusing. It took me a while to get it. But in the version of the Bjork that I have, it is a traditional right-to-left manga. So to…moreManga is often confusing. It took me a while to get it. But in the version of the Bjork that I have, it is a traditional right-to-left manga. So to read this particular manga, just go the exact opposite of how you would normally read. Hope this helps! ^^(less)
Tasha Www.mangapanda.net.
Www.mangapanda.net.
I usually read manga here first (not the best translation, but decent) and if I love it I buy the books. If you have a local comic book shop they should be willing to order it for you. Also try www.mangareader.net although this particular title didn't work for me there. Enjoy!!!!!!(less)

Vicki
Sep 01, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga-and-comics
After reading volume 1:

(1 star)

I couldn't stand the art (having seen the anime first), and ended up selling my only volume off at a con bring and buy without even finishing it! Glad I went back to it though...

After reading up to volume 3:

(4 stars)

I can imagine that most manga/anime fans will have probably seen or heard of the anime adaptation of Ouran before picking up the manga. Those wanting more of the same should be pretty happy with the manga, as it follows the anime almost to-the-letter s
Delaney
Sep 26, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, manga
Read the manga, watch the anime, watch the drama, and die laughing hysterically.
LOVE THE HITACHIIN BROTHERS!!!!!! XD
Sophie
Aug 25, 2011 rated it really liked it
I love Ouran, I really do. All the characters are just wonderful.
I laughed a lot too. The Commoner's Coffee scene? I'm just going to quote it here for my own sake:
Tamaki: Eh, what's this?
Haruhi: Coffee. It was on your list.
Tamaki: But ... Ground coffee? And a strange brand...
Haruhi: Not ground - instant.
Tamaki: Instant ... WHOA! The one you just POUR HOT WATER IN? How PROLETARIAN!
Kyouya: Hmm... I've heard of it, but never SEEN it.
Hitatchiin: So it's TRUE! Poor people have NO TIME to GRIND THEIR
Nick
Feb 12, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Overall Rating: A
Synopsis: Created by Bisco Hatori, the series follows Haruhi Fujioka, a scholarship student at the prestigious Ouran High School. Haruhi is a girl, but she got gum put in her hair so she cut it short, and wears boys clothes. This wouldn't be terribly important, but one day she stumbles across the school's Host Club. The Host Club is basically a place for six idly rich pretty boys to be idly rich pretty boys, and idly rich pretty girls to come and fawn over them and pretend the b
H.P. Holo
Jul 22, 2011 rated it really liked it
'Ouran High School Host Club' is one of those manga that I had previously avoided on the basis of its being too flamboyantly shojo--that is, intensely fascinated with lovely bishuonen and the charming sparkles that seem to swirl about them when they're at their most heart-meltingly beautiful. I lost interest in all that when I was, like, 14 after realizing that many shojo comics focused on bishounen seemed to take themselves too seriously.

Then one day I happened to flip through the first volume
Angel
Jul 12, 2011 rated it did not like it
Shelves: manga-manhwa-etc
I did not particularly like this. I am sure part of it may be that I am not the right demographic for this; the book is part of the Shojo Beat series, which is meant for teen girls. But for me, the main issue is that this light school comedy is a bit difficult to read and follow. The panels are extremely cluttered with text for one. Two, the plot is light, and to be honest, not handled the best way. The premise is a girl on scholarship in a very high fancy high school. She has to work a debt for ...more
Kat (Lost in Neverland)
Dec 04, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: manga
Cute, quirky, funny, that's the Ouran High School Host Club for you!
Personally, I thought the anime was better; the manga was kinda boring and the artwork wasn't the BEST. But still a good manga, and an awesome anime!

Now that I've read through the whole manga, I can definitely tell you that it gets better. The artwork improves significantly, the story builds and the characters develop very well. It's a fantastic manga and remains to be one of my favorites.
Flor
Dec 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017
How I love these guys
Amy
Oct 12, 2012 rated it really liked it
Guess what guys???!!!! Guess what???? I was FINALLY persuaded into giving manga a go! I used to not even bother when my friends recommended me manga, I don't know why. Maybe because I looked at these types of books as abnormal, compared to regular books these days. Well, it turns out I've been missing out on a lot these last few years! (: At first I was really slow in understanding what was going on, especially since this was my first manga chapter I've ever read(and I've been told the formattin ...more
Amber
Nov 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I saw the anime series which was very well done so decided to check out the manga. Volume 1 was pretty good so can't wait to check out the next volume in the future. It's about a girl named Haruhi Fujioaka who is mistaken for a guy at a host club and must repay her debt to them after breaking an expensive vase. I read this at http://www.mangareader.net/ouran-high... so def check it out if you'd like to read it.
Erin Dunn
Aug 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I watched the show and loved it ( one season?! :'( not cool) so I had to buy the first in the manga series. I just laughed all throughout the book like I did with the show. Amazing satire. I really enjoyed it and I can't wait to get the next in the series. I also can't wait to see if Tamaki and Haruhi ever get together. <3
✶Rachelle✶
Mar 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
Tamaki you are so adorable ❤❤❤❤

Also move over Fred and George Weasley...Karou and Hikaru are here 😍😍
Aimeekay
Apr 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing
OMG! This book is a laugh riot! The artwork is first rate, and I love the background detailing!
I wasn't sure at first that I would like this one. I probably would have gotten a bigger laugh out of it if I hadn't known ahead of time that Haruhi was a girl. For the first part of the story I kept waiting for the other guys in the club to find out and it kinda made the story seem to drag out at that point for me. But after that point I really enjoyed it. It was funny. There were tons of tongue-in-c
Angela
Apr 15, 2009 added it
Shelves: q4-2009
This comic is one that I learned about after watching the show and I decided to read the series as well.
Haruhi is an average teenage girl who, after studying very hard, gets into a prestigious private school full of rich people. She is shocked by their laziness in class and free lifestyles and in her search for a quiet room, she stumbles into a music room that seems to be unused but is in fact the room for a host club, which she ends up being forced into after she breaks an overly expensive v
Georgia
Jan 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!
'Omg I'm FANGIRLING!' say most of the comments on the popular anime of THE OURAN HIGH SCHOOL HOST CLUB.

I really enjoyed the anime on YouTube (those of you reading this that have not seen the anime should go check it out. Go!.....you're still here, aren't you?) I mean I REALLY enjoyed it!(and so began my little obsession) I couldn't resist giving it a go when I saw it on my local library's shelf. At first when I started it, it was slightly hard accumulating to the back-to-
Bec
Aug 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
I loved revisiting this - it was so fun and energetic, just as I remembered! I can't wait to get familiar with the characters and relationships again and finally see how this ends! Haruhi is the best. :)
isabelle
Feb 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga, extremely-cute
I find it amazing that I read the last quarter of this when I was brushing my teeth.
Kit✵
Nov 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-stars, owned, reviewed
Just like the anime - so cute!!
Negar
Apr 23, 2015 rated it did not like it
به طرز غیرقابل باوری بد بود.
همین :|
Bridget

Wow, everyone is so over dramatic (in a good way, though). 😂
Julie Hayes
Jul 10, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Some Like It Hot meets Twelfth Night meets high school? Haruhi has no intention of disguising her sex, she is simply looking for a quiet place to study, and the libraries are full as she stumbles into what she assumes to be an unused music room - and directly into the arms of the Ouran High School Host Club! This host club is comprised of six wealthy young men with too much time on their hands who cater to the female elements of the school in order to amuse themselves. They are outside of Haruhi ...more
Penny
Jan 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga, manga-read
Let me start out by saying that i will be writing one review for this manga. At first i had watched the anime that was adapted from this manga and i fell in love with the characters. It is a funny, cheesy kinda gender-bender romantic plot.

Compared to the anime, the manga had far more details and other stories involved.
Ok enough with the anime.

As i mentioned before the plot is a comedy, cheesy romantic, gender-bender...
Haruhi is a scholarship student at an exclusive rich high school called Ouran
Sabrina
Dec 14, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Haruhi Fujioka is a fictional school located in Bunkyō, Tokyo. Because of the superlative cost of the school uniform, Haruhi resorts to wearing long slacks, polo shirts and vests. Combined with her large glasses and tousled short hair, Haruhi's look causes her to be confused for a boy.

Looking for a quiet place to study, Haruhi stumbles upon the Third Music Room, the working place of the Ouran Host Club, a group of six extremely attractive male students (Takashi Morinozuka, called "Mori"; Mitsuk
Wendy White
Aug 30, 2010 rated it really liked it
Ahahahahah!

I was recommended this series due to my love of the bizarre, and a love of satire. Good call, unnamed friend. Good call.

I laughed so hard reading this first book that tears _actually_ streamed down my face. This first book has done a great job at setting the tone for the series - a massive satire of glamour and glitz that plays the associated tropes straight most of the time - but to extremes.

One defining moment for me is when the protagonist is retrieving their lost items from a pond
ALEXA
Dec 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2016
Honestly, I just love all the members of the Ouran High School Host Club so darn much! It probably helps that I've already watched the anime and formed attachments to them all. Even if I know exactly how the plot plays out, I don't even care because I love being around this gang.
mikayla
Feb 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015, older-favorites
*4.5 stars

I've already binge watched this entire anime on Netflix oops
Emily Alvelais
Jan 01, 2017 rated it liked it
The first manga I read and also the first anime I watched.
I absolutely enjoy it,
I fall in love with all the characters,
I was laughing so hard that make me cry.
Aleksandra
Jul 05, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels

As a big fan of Ouran High School Host Club, I was excited to read the manga and for the most part I liked it too.

This manga isn’t as bright, colorful and vibrant as the anime, which is only natural because animation is dynamic and in color. I didn’t quite like the art style though. I’m used volume 1 having not so stellar artwork so it’s fine.

The story is very familiar to me but it was great to read it in this media format.
My big complain is that we didn’t get the full panel of Haruhi’s
Michelle. D.
Mar 13, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Molly
Feb 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Manga fans, teens, adults
Recommended to Molly by: Anime fans
Shelves: manga
"Welcome to the Host Club!" Ouran High School Club is a hilarious high school gender bender set at one of the oddest places I have seen in anime/manga in a long time. A Host Club is basically where (usually rich) girls go to have men fuss over and romance them. So needless to say, Haruhi, a poor girl who has just entered this school on a scholarship, has never even heard of such a thing. While looking for a quiet place to study, Haruhi opened the doors to what looked like an unused music room an ...more
Shoujo Manga Book...: * Ouran High School Host Club Discussion 1 7 Jul 01, 2018 02:28PM
What's your favorite character? 49 154 Jun 14, 2018 07:00PM
Ouran High School Host Club Volume 1 1 5 Nov 13, 2017 11:12AM
Visual Novels Boo...: Ouran High School Host Club 1 Discussion 9 7 Aug 31, 2017 05:02AM
Roleplay Central~: Charrie Sign-ups~ 49 42 Jun 23, 2015 04:18PM
Addicted to Anime...: Ouran High School Host Club discussions 6 14 Jan 01, 2015 06:52AM
  • Fruits Basket, Vol. 13
  • Hana-Kimi: For You in Full Blossom, Vol. 20 (Hana-Kimi: For You in Full Blossom, #20)
  • Skip Beat!, Vol. 07
  • MeruPuri, Vol. 2 (MeruPuri, #2)
Japanese: 葉鳥ビスコ

Bisco Hatori born August 30 is a Japanese manga artist. Bisco Hatori is a pseudonym; she states that the name has special meaning to her. She has worked for such magazines as LaLa. Her manga debut was A Moment of Romance in LaLa DX. Her first series was Millennium Snow. However, the comedy Ouran High School Host Club is her breakout hit.

More about Bisco Hatori

Ouran High School Host Club (1 - 10 of 18 books)
  • Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 2 (Ouran High School Host Club, #2)
  • Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 3 (Ouran High School Host Club, #3)
  • Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 4 (Ouran High School Host Club, #4)
  • Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 5 (Ouran High School Host Club, #5)
  • Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 6 (Ouran High School Host Club, #6)
  • Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 7 (Ouran High School Host Club, #7)
  • Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 8 (Ouran High School Host Club, #8)
  • Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 9 (Ouran High School Host Club, #9)
  • Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 10 (Ouran High School Host Club, #10)
  • Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 11 (Ouran High School Host Club, #11)

Romance Deals

• Protected (Deadly Secrets, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Plain Fame (Plain Fame #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Crazy Little Thing (Bell Harbor, #1)
  • Safe Haven
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The King (Masterpiece Duet, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Along the Broken Road (The Roads to River Rock, #1)
  • Avalon
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Down the Hidden Path (The Roads to River Rock Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Kind of You (Trillium Bay #1)
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Queen and the Cure (The Bird and the Sword Chronicles, #2)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • If You Stay (Beautifully Broken, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Moonlight Over Paris
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Crossing Hearts (Cross Creek, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Exposure (Midnight, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Burned by Her Devotion (Rogue Vows, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Trouble with Dukes (Windham Brides, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Crossing the Line (Cross Creek #2)
  • Yours Until Dawn
    $6.74 $1.99
  • Fallen Crest Forever (Fallen Crest Series #7)
  • I See London, I See France
  • Dragonwyck
    $14.99 $1.99
  • While You Were Mine
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Falling Star (Shooting Stars, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly in Love (Lake Haven, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seconds to Live (Scarlet Falls #3)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Her Darkest Nightmare (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Passing His Guard (Against the Cage, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Minutes to Kill (Scarlet Falls, #2)
  • Sharp Edges
    $6.72 $1.99
  • I Heart Paris
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Our Now and Forever (Ardent Springs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Us (Fusion, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Law of Moses (The Law of Moses, #1)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Emerald (Red Hot Love #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • White Heat (Firefighter Book 1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • His First and Last (Ardent Springs, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Softhearted (Deep in the Heart, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Goodbye Bride (Summer Harbor, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Reed (Cold Fury Hockey, #10)
  • The Wedding Chapel
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Raven Prince (princes trilogy)
  • Maggie's Turn
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cover of Darkness (Suspense Series, #2)
  • Always
    $13.99 $2.99
  • After You Left
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How the Cowboy Was Won (Cupid, Texas, #6)
  • Don't Let Go
  • Magnolia Nights
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Goodbye (Morgan Dane, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Filthy Rich (Blackstone Dynasty, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1; Feline Breeds, #1)
  • Saving Abby
    $4.49 $1.99
  • She Can Kill (She Can...#5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
  • Two By Two
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Trust in Advertising
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
  • Changing Lanes
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Doing It Over (Most Likely To, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • An Obsession with Vengeance (Wanted Men, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Promise of Provence (Love in Provence, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tracks of Her Tears (Rogue Winter, #1)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • A Matter of Grave Concern
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Duke's Holiday (The Regency Romp Trilogy, #1)
  • Stay (WAGs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seventh Grave and No Body (Charley Davidson, #7)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Hello Love
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Be Mine Tonight  (Brotherhood of Blood, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • A Darker Dream
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone like You (Someone to Love, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Murder Notes (Lilah Love, #1)
  • Since You've Been Gone
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dangerous Waters (Barkley Sound, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Only for You (Sugar Lake #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Salvation of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #2)
  • Stay With Me
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Fired (Worked Up, #1)
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Styxx (Dark-Hunter, #23)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Affair
    $18.99 $1.99
  • Someone for Me (Someone to Love, #3)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire (Love at Stake, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Love with a Perfect Cowboy (Cupid, Texas, #4)
  • Internet Famous
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Kissing in America
    $9.99 $1.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone to Love (Someone to Love, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Best Man (Alpha Men, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Never Love a Cowboy (Rogues in Texas, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Question, Right Answer (The Bourbon Street Boys #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bent (Back to Brooklyn, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Stone Cold Cowboy (Montana Men, #4)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Dating (Lake Haven,  #2)
  • Midnight Embrace
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Engaged (Lake Haven #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shadow Fall (Tracers, #9)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
  • The Crush
    $7.99 $2.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • More to Give (Anchor Island #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Up to the Challenge (Anchor Island, #2)
  • The Color of Secrets
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Home to Stay (Anchor Island, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gone to Her Grave (Rogue River, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone Like Her (K2 Team, #2)
  • Thrill of Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hellion (Wicked Wallflowers, #1)
  • Roomies
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crazy for Her (K2 Team, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Left Drowning (Left Drowning #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Midnight Sacrifice (Midnight, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Obsession (Midnight, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Betrayal (Midnight, #3)
  • Meant to Be