Start by marking “Kick-Ass 2” as Want to Read:
Kick-Ass 2

Kick-Ass 2

(Kick-Ass #3)

The concluding half of Kick-Ass 2, following Kick-Ass 2 Prelude: Hit-Girl, the sequel to the biggest creator-owned comic of the decade--the one that spawned the number one hit movie and the worldwide phenomenon!

KICK-ASS is back, just as over-the-top as ever! As everybody's favorite psychotic 11-year-old HIT GIRL trains KICK-ASS to be...well, a bad-ass, RED MIST gathers a
Published June 13th 2012 by Marvel

To ask other readers questions about Kick-Ass 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kick-Ass 2

Jayson
(A-) 81% | Very Good
Notes: It dishes body blows in deconstruction: a black and bruising, blunt-force drama, fun no more and bleak with trauma.
Shelby *trains flying monkeys*
Bet you thought you would never hear me say this..but this book was almost too much for me. It upped the violence and cussing to the point where I was like WTF? Millar crossed over the line of awesome into the feeling of just trying to shock the reader. I love the first book and hate the way this one turned out. Yuck.

It picks up shortly after the first one ended. Kick-Ass is training with Hit-Girl.

Then her reins get clipped as her step-dad makes her promise to not don the outfit or fight crime
Kemper
Nov 03, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2012, comics, superhero
The interwebs tells me that his official title of this is Kick-Ass 2: Balls to the Wall, but my copy is titled simply Kick-Ass. I’m not sure what happened, but if Mark Millar needs any suggestions, I came up with these options:

Kick-Ass 2: Kick Harder

Kick-Ass 2: The Kickening

Kick-Ass 2: Wrath of Ass

Kick Ass 2: Electric Boogalo

You’re welcome, Mark.

In the first collection, teen-age nerd Dave Lizewski took his love of superhero comic books to the extreme when he put on a costume and started patrolli
Alejandro
May 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The second volume is still kicking in big way!!!

A REVERSE EXPERIENCE

My experience with Kick-Ass 2 was kinda opposite to the one with the first story.

When I watched the first film, I hadn't read yet the comic book, and since I loved the movie, I moved fast to read the original comic book as soon as possible. And I loved too the comic book.

When the comic books of Kick-Ass 2 came out, I was prepared and I was able to get them on single issues without having to do the titanic quest of the ones
Raeleen Lemay
Aug 09, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphicomanga, own
DAMN these comics are even more gory and messed up than the movies.
Patrick
Apr 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
You have to love a comic where the introduction begins, "Hey Fuckers."

Well.... you don't *have* to love it. But I certainly did.

A great continuation of the series. An interesting combination of genuinely interesting emotional story combined with the profoundly grim fucking ultra violence.

Don't start with this one, obviously. People who begin reading a series in the middle go to the special hell, along with child molesters and people who talk in the theatre.

Also, what's happening here won't m
Carlos De Eguiluz
Nov 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
L. McCoy
So this series isn’t quite getting bad but downhill? Perhaps.

What’s it about?
In order to explain that I’d have to spoil stuff so skip.

Pros:
The story is interesting. It tries to take a more realistic(ish) approach on superheroes and it works fairly well.
The artwork is pretty good.
Most of the characters are interesting and well written.
I really like the action scenes in this. There are a lot of them and they are brutal as hell but fantastic!
This book is sometimes fairly humorous, not as humorous a
Sam Quixote
Jun 24, 2012 rated it really liked it
David Lizewski/Kick Ass is being trained by Mindy/Hit Girl to become a better superhero but when Hit Girl is dissuaded from putting on her outfit and bloodying up criminals by her new step-father and recently re-united mother, Kick Ass sets off to meet others who are dressing up and fighting crime. And it turns out there's a few, so many that they wind up making the first "real-world" superhero team, Justice Forever. But things are about to get shaken up by Red Mist who is gathering an army to e ...more
Brandon
Mar 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
I have a confession to make. I haven't read the first Kick-Ass book nor its follow up, Hit-Girl. To the best of my knowledge, the first movie pretty much nailed what went on in the first two hardcovers and by the looks of the trailer for Kick-Ass 2, it's set to do the same. I can't imagine them losing anything in the transition from comics to film.. well, aside from one key factor: the violence.

Now, don't get me wrong, Kick-Ass was a violent movie. Any movie that depicts a gangster exploding ins
Gavin
Oct 15, 2013 rated it did not like it
Just....no.

Too much, not an ounce of humour, just violence on top of violence and then some violence thrown in for good measure.
The novelty has worn off. Hit Girl swearing like a sailor isn't funny anymore, and a gang rape of a teenage girl, followed by the hanging murder of a character was enough. But then to have a bloodbath at the funeral? No.

I hope he's just taking the piss, but this felt more like the Fonz jumped over the Shark.

***I put it down right after the Funeral attack***
Andrew
Jul 15, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: comics
This is a difficult book to review. On the one hand, its art and its writing were impressive--especially the art. The colors were striking and the visuals arresting. This might be my favorite style of any graphic novel, though I can't say I'm particularly well-read in the genre. On the other hand, this book acts as if it's going to deal with the question of what a "real" superhero would go through. This is the story's excuse to make every possible misery happen to our protagonist and his loved o ...more
Dang Ole' Dan Can Dangle
Aug 28, 2013 rated it did not like it
Shelves: comics
Maybe it was because I listened to Magma's Mekanïk Destruktïw Kommandöh while reading this, but I was far too entertained by such an awful book. Unfortunately the music has ended and I now see the book in all its awfulness. Some spoilers to follow.

This sequel sees Kick-Ass join a superhero team, called Justice Forever, and we also see the formation of a supervillain team led by Red Mist, called Toxic Mega Cunts.

There's a lot more violence in this one, and not so much the fun kind, but more of
Mike (the Paladin)
Aug 27, 2013 rated it did not like it
Shelves: graphic-novel
I read this and Kick-Ass at the same time....got them from the library. I was inspired to be the movie Kick Ass. I'd not seen it till the second one came out.

Oh and Kick Ass showed up on TV.

The general story of Kick Ass is about the same, book and movie. I can't speak for that here as I haven't seen the movie, but some of the same characters are the same.

I grew up in the '50s and '60s. This is what's generally called the "Silver Age" of comics (or comic books for the purist). Over time comic boo
Pramod Nair
Jun 22, 2015 rated it liked it
The minute this got big, I read a hundred different articles, Psychologists asking why we did it every night. Were we mad? Were we lonely? Were we just obsessed with comic books?

The answer, Of course was a little of all three… but I also liked to ask why they didn’t chase their dreams… No it wasn’t normal… it wasn’t even close. But it was awesome, man…
” Dave Lizewski, a.k.a Kick-Ass

With Kick-Ass 2, Mark Millar has raised the level of violence and raunchiness in a comic book to new heights. If K
Ashish
Sep 25, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: comics
Compared to the original Kick-Ass, which was awesome, this falls very, very flat on its face.

It's too violent. Yeah, I know it's supposed to be psychopathically gory, but this was just... painful. Pointless. Forced.

There's no story. If you emptied a couple of tankers of blood in a pre-school yard, you get the depth and complexity of the storyline and plot right there.

There are no interesting characters. Part 1 was brilliant because it gave us Kick-Ass, Red Mist, Big Daddy, and the one and onl
Amani
Aug 27, 2013 rated it did not like it
I'm really really really upset that I've read this book. Let me tell you why. I don't mind violence, you know """justified""" violence, sometimes because the world is not totally black or white. But I can't stand books/comics/movies who makes situations like rapes, explosing fucking innocent children in the face like some funny jokes. There were two important deaths (it's a little a bit a spoiler), they were awfuly bring in the story, awfuly justified. Like the author wanted to give himself a ge ...more
William Thomas
Apr 25, 2013 rated it liked it
My love of the first volume of Kick-Ass is well documented. The perfect childhood fantasy made into a 'reality'. I mean, I had notebooks full of my own costume ideas and weapons I'd make once I finished college or came into money. Ok, I was eight years old, but still. Millar made our dreams come true on paper. Too damn good. But of all the things I thought about the idea of Kick-Ass, sustainable never came to mind.

I've heard people talk about what a fabulous liar Mark Millar is. Supposedly his
Nadia
Aug 18, 2013 rated it did not like it
At first I was liking where the story was going, all of Kick-Ass's talk about Justice Forever, and about why they were fighting crime got me excited and thinking maybe I was going to enjoy it more than the first one (also the fact that the art seems better this time around) but when I finished I was dissapointed and disgusted.

Yeah, I know Kick-Ass is a violent and gory comic-book but ugh this was so much worse than the first one in that aspect, AND FOR WHAT? The villain at the head of it all ha
Paul Nelson
This is seriously good, the pace is akin to a juggernaut and the shock value rises dramatically. The story centres on the conflict between good and evil costume attired superheroes or more simply Kick Ass and Red Mist.
Red Mist comes back on the scene after a trip to Russia and he now has a gang of gruesome looking individuals and they want to start some shit but first he must avenge his father. First step change his name to Mother-fucker, second step attack all that Kick Ass holds dear and third
Guillermo
Jun 15, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Only a few months have passed since the first book's ending. While Dave Lizewski trains to better himself as a superhero, Mindy Macready struggles with a normal life. Inspired by the events in Kick-Ass, several citizens are inspired to don the mask and fight alongside the hero. But a world of superheroes is nothing without a challenging nemesis. Embittered by the slaying of his father, Red Mist organizes his own team by gathering people from all over the world to take down Kick-Ass, Hit-Girl, an ...more
Sooraya Evans
Nov 07, 2017 rated it liked it
This volume's more brutal.
We get to see the other side of Hit-Girl as she tries to blend in with normal life.
Battle-wise between good and evil, expanding the scale is definitely the way to go.
But the ending here felt rather rushed.
Jesse A
May 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
Another 'Kick-Ass' job by Millar. (HAHA,I crack my shit up). Ups the violence from the first volume, which is saying something, but still tells a good story. Now I just hope volume 3 isn't as disappointing as I've heard.
Roy
Mar 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
More crazy than the film. I guess it just couldn't get passed censorship
Carrie-Anne
Feb 21, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: crime, series, superhero
3.5
So I kind of accidentally watched the film version of this only a few days before reading it (I went into a room when someone was watching it and just kind of got hooked in and ended up watching it all) and I liked the tone of the film more than the comics. There's still a lot of violence and crazy antics, but there's more humour too. I think the humour offsets the violence more.

E.g. (view spoiler)
Etienne
Sep 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
As good as the first one but even more violent. Be advised!!
Wesley
Aug 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comics
This book collects the second seven part mini-series from the same creative team of Mark Millar and John Romita, Jr. The thing to say straight up is that the back of this book has an infographic that states that this is book 3 of a projected 5 book Kick-Ass arc. Well thanks for the heads up on that Mark and Millarworld - the only other place it is mentioned is on the facing page to the last page in the story.

The actual book 2 of the arc is the current, and so currently uncollected, Hit-Girl mini
Gilang Danu
Mar 15, 2013 rated it did not like it
Meg
Feb 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2014
What makes Kick-Ass 2 almost just as good as Kick-Ass is that the creativity and uniqueness of the comic were not destroyed in the process of making a sequel. After having read the unnecessary prelude to Kick-Ass 2: Hit- Girl I was worried for Kick- Ass 2. I have to say that I was not disappointed this time! Kick-Ass 2 brings the characters to a whole new level of super hero, crime fighting, action. Hit-Girl has gone through some changes since we last saw her leaving Kick-Ass alone sometimes to ...more
Erin Mairin
Jun 13, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: comics
I loved the first series, mostly because of the character depth. This time, the characters seemed a little flat, perhaps because Kick-Ass joins a band of superheroes, and there are so many that we can't get to know them all. Perhaps, if the series continues, we'll get to know more about some of these very interesting characters, like Night Bitch, for example.

In general, I appreciate Millar's story-telling, because he seems to have created some very authentic young voices. In many contemporary s
  • Battle Royale Ultimate Edition Volume 1
  • Thor, by J. Michael Straczynski, Volume 3
  • The Cape
  • Biomega, Bd. 2
  • Daredevil, Volume 5
  • Scarlet, Book 1 (Scarlet, #1)
  • Incognito, Vol. 2: Bad Influences
  • Thor: Tales of Asgard
  • Revival, Vol. 3: A Faraway Place
  • Injustice: Gods Among Us (Digital Edition) #10
Mark Millar is the New York Times best-selling writer of Wanted, the Kick-Ass series, The Secret Service, Jupiter’s Legacy, Jupiter’s Circle, Nemesis, Superior, Super Crooks, American Jesus, MPH, Starlight, and Chrononauts. Wanted, Kick-Ass, Kick-Ass 2, and The Secret Service (as Kingsman: The Secret Service) have been adapted into feature films, and Nemesis, Superior, Starlight, War Heroes, Jupit ...more

Kick-Ass (4 books)
  • Kick-Ass
  • Kick-Ass 2 Prelude: Hit-Girl
  • Kick-Ass 3
“Avengers fucking assemble, asshole!"
- Hit Girl”