Start by marking “Diary of a Bad Boy” as Want to Read:
Diary of a Bad Boy

Diary of a Bad Boy

Josh Grady is a screwed up teen about to get another chance. After stealing a car, wrecking it in a terrible accident that puts his best friend in a coma, he is given a lucky break he's not sure he deserves. Instead of juvie, he's sent to Shining Star Boy's Ranch. Josh resents the rules, the counselors and the teachers, but most of all he hates the family atmosphere that r ...more
Published (first published March 10th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Diary of a Bad Boy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Diary of a Bad Boy

Camilla
Feb 26, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: free-kindle

((Freebie from Amazon/Kindle))

Normally when I get my "free reads of the day" email, the books are put into sections. Romance, youth, drama, Christian books and so on..

And I'm not scared to admit that I would never read a book from the 'Christian' section.. Much respect and all that, just not my style.. Thats why I feel a little cheated, 'cause this is most defo a 'Christian Youth' book..

Out of control Boy with a terrible father, goes to a ranch for troubled boys, run by Christian folks, and som
Cameluta
Nov 17, 2012 rated it liked it
2.5 Stars

When I started reading this book I didn't pay attention at another review saying the book it's a Christian book. I am OK if the book doesn't try to be preachy, which was not the case here. The storyline was interesting, and I liked the first part of the book when the characters were believable. However, as the story progressed the more I felt disconnected from the characters. Josh has an abusive father and he does what he thinks is right in order to survive. He is full with anger and he
Anna Serra i Vidal
Dec 19, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya, kindle-freebie
This one surprised me, for the good.
As others have stated I think I would not have given it a try if I'd known upfront it was Christian fiction because it seems Christian fiction is too pushy and doesn't deal well with stories. But in this case it does.
I downloaded it as a Kindle freebie and I was attracted to the tittle as I was trying to write a sort of "bad boy" of my own for a story. Wanted to see how others dealt with it.
But Josh isn't really a bad boy. He is misguided and misunderstood
chrisa
Jun 24, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: ya
I enjoyed this free Kindle ebook more than I thought I would. Josh had surprising depth as did most of the characters. Nobody was completely perfect or totally evil which was nice. Also, you could see where people were trying to do better but not always succeeding. Based on my experience with children/teenagers struggling with these issues, the author described the environment and experiences Josh was going through well.

I was surprised by the inclusion of so much "God" talk, and I was afraid at
Rick Taubold
Jun 26, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
As YA novels about troubled teens go, this one is a winner. Traci Hall has pulled off a superb novel that I often found myself staying up later than normal to read more of. "Page turner" is such an overused term that I rarely believe it because I've found it too often not true. This novel, however, more than deserves that designation. It grabs your heart in the beginning and yanks at it all the way through. What I found most interesting was how the author portrayed the up and down emotions that ...more
Greg
Apr 20, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This is an amazing young adult book. Josh has some serious teenage issues that he has to deal with, and Traci brings him to the edge of mistakes, only to have him find redemption in the end. One great story.
J.S.
Feb 14, 2014 rated it liked it
Did edge into preachy on occassion and there were quite a few eye-rolling moments but there was a fair amount I enjoyed too- some very touching scenes.
Anne-Kathrine
Apr 27, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Really enjoyed this book :)
Brenda
Jun 21, 2012
Denise
Apr 13, 2012
Traci Hall
Sep 22, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
I kind of like this book, being as I wrote it, lolol
janet hamm
Jun 07, 2014
Tatiana
Sep 04, 2013
Traci Hall also writes books under the name Traci E. Hall

My name is Traci Hall and I love to write...sounds like the beginning step of a program!However, I am not sorry that I love to write, so I guess I'm in it for the long haul. Finger cramps, slumped back and numb feet from sitting all day aside, there is nothing I would rather do than tell stories. Hearing back from readers makes it all wort