Start by marking “Crisis en Tierras Infinitas Absolute” as Want to Read:
Crisis en Tierras Infinitas Absolute

Crisis en Tierras Infinitas Absolute

(Crisis on Infinite Earths #1-12+ extra material)

¡Edición especial 20 aniversario de Crisis en tierras infinitas! Esta edición en formato Absolute celebra por todo lo alto lo que fue sin duda el evento más importante en la historia del cómic. Cuando DC optó por publicar una miniserie de 12 números en 1985 para hacer borrón y cuenta nueva no sabía lo que estaba desencadenando.
Ahora, más de 20 años después, Planeta DeAgost
Hardcover, Absolute en 2 tomos, 624 pages
Published 2007 by Planeta DeAgostini Comics (DC Comics)

To ask other readers questions about Crisis en Tierras Infinitas Absolute, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Crisis en Tierras Infinitas Absolute

Start your review of Crisis en Tierras Infinitas Absolute
Dan Schwent
Walls of antimatter are destroying the worlds of the multiverse and it's up to the superheroes of many earths to band stop them and their maker, the villainous Anti-Monitor!

I read a handful of issues of this miniseries over the years but never read it in its entirety. Imagine my delight when my mom got me this for Christmas despite me being "hard to buy for."

Crisis was created to get rid of the multitude of parallel earths and just have one DC earth in the name of simplification. In retrospect,
Donovan
Epic, tragic, inter-dimensional space opera, the penultimate event that started all events and changed DC history forever.

The plot: Anti-Monitor versus the known universe.

The cast: The DCU in its entirety.

The artwork: Mind-boggling, hand-illustrated macroscopy.

The writing: Prosaic but incredible.

Read Crisis On Infinite Earths for twelve issues of hyperbole perfection.
Gabriel
Mar 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2020-cómics
Si uno tuviera que poner un solo ejemplo de épica en el mundo del comic, sin duda sería este. Nueva relectura que me permite dimensionar un poco más la maravillosa construcción narrativa que implica con la enorme cantidad de personajes que tiene. De todas formas, la lectura se hace más fácil al darnos cuenta que todo ocurre alrededor de Pariah, los Monitores, Harbinger, Alexander Luthor y el Superman de Tierra 2; esos son los que mueven toda la trama; el resto acompaña.

Me gusta que se vayan pres
Shannon Appelcline
Dec 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics, comics-dc
In 1985, Crisis was the most ambitious comic series ever. Certainly, Secret Wars preceded it as a 12-part story focused on shaking up the status quo, but nothing before had ever had the scope of Crisis, a story which fundamentally shifted the entire DC setting.

This was the book that brought the Captain Marvel family and the Charlton heroes into regular DC continuity, that merged Earth-1, Earth-2, and Earth-X into a single timeline. Just look at the importance of characters like Blue Beetle, Capt
Chad Jordahl
Cheesy, confusing (not in a good way), desperately trying to be EPIC and IMPORTANT. To be fair, I don't have any real history with most of the characters or the worlds they strut around in, and I much prefer stories and art that are a bit more grounded. Oh well, still glad I read it. ...more
Jon Arnold
Alan Moore had begun working on Swamp Thing for a year by the time Crisis began; even before Marvel had begun the idea of summer blockbuster comics with Secret Wars. It would be 1986 before Watchmen, in conjunction with Frank Miller’s The Dark Knight Returns, would direct comics down a very different route; one which stripped comics of innocence and replaced them with what often seemed a kind of psychotic obsession with darkness and violence. They were a logical progression from the existential ...more
Andrei Stejereanu
One of the best DC stories ever written!
Troy-David Phillips
This series was a game-changer. 1985 was DC Comics’ 50th anniversary and Crisis (originally titled “DC Universe: A Crisis on Infinite Earths”) was to be an epic event that changed the way people entered the DC universe. The former Multiverse was consolidated into a single Universe. Alternate versions of characters were eliminated. Canon history was revised and re-organized. New characters were introduced and as the advertisements statex, “Nothing will be the same again”.
Wolfman, Perez, Giordano,
Gusgus
Mar 29, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Una historia atemporal que todo aficionado al cómic debe leer. Mundos vivirán, mundos morirán y nada volverá a ser lo mismo, la premisa básica de esta historia se cumple, y con creces. Algunas de las escenas más épicas jamás creadas en el cómic, algunas de las escenas más trágicas que he leído. Sin duda se merece todo lo visto, y el añadido de la Historia del Universo DC es sublime. Una obra para releer siempre.
Bruno Poço
- muitos personagens , muitos universos , muita trama a ser apresentada o que com que os 6 primeiros números sejam bem aborrecidos
-é a tentativa de dar uma lógica às várias versões dos personagens
- a história anda em loops constantes apenas para desfilar personagens das varias terras
- no 7 da um boom, brutal capitulo com a invasão ao universo da anti matéria e o sacrifício de um herói
- 8 é o momento do flash
- n conheço 90% dos personagens, perco 90% do impacto
- o tanto de excelente q tem de pesq
Damián
Jun 19, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Relectura necesaria luego de estar mucho más nutrido en DC. No sé si es una obra maestra, pero su status de clásico absoluto es incuestionable.

Guion: 8
Dibujo: 7,5
Richard Gray
You can almost set your clock to DC Comics reworking their universe. Today, a “Crisis” in comic book terms indicates a monumental shift in the way we look at things, restructuring history and aligning the pieces so that they fit a new normal.

So revisiting the seminal Crisis on Infinite Earths in the wake of the six official crises that have followed - not to mention the CW adaptation that’s happening right now - is an odd experience. Not only has the in-universe impact of this series been lessen
Adam Graham
Jan 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Crisis on Infinite Earths is the ultimate big comic book crossover book. It brings together the entire history of the DC Universe in the same 12 issue Maxi-series. The story is massive but it's not impenetrable. The more you know of the DC Universe as it existed pre-Crisis, the easier the story was to follow.

The art by George Perez is epic and breathtaking perfectly suited to the task of this major event. While, there are some pages that just seem full of moving from one character to another, it
Isuri
Aug 12, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
wow what a read!!! Just finished reading this and i have to say... I really liked it.

This was a 12 issue series published between April 1985 and March 1986 but its so damn hard to get hold of 80s comics issues (in Sri Lanka) so i read the deluxe edition which was published in 2015. In this deluxe edition, in addition to the 12 issues, they've included sketches, scripts and a special section with the history of the DC Universe.

From what i understand, the main idea behind this event was to drop th
Jeff
Oct 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This series is THE comic that got me into reading comic books for the next 30+ years of my life. I was introduced to comics when I moved to Alabama in 1985 by the kids that would later be my friends and Crisis was the big thing going at that time. The book really blew me away. It was everything that I loved about the Super-Friends cartoon but more and better. More heroes, more villains and more action. To my ten year old self it was exactly the escape I needed to help me deal with the fact that ...more
Adam
Jan 13, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-comics
I vacillate between two or three stars here. On one hand, this is a major moment in DC (and comics) history, a much-needed attempt to rein in a sprawling and confusing fictional universe and establish a clearer, simpler continuity. It was a gamble on the part of DC's editors at the time, and it ushered in the era of DC that dominated when I was a comics consumer.

But it's very much a product of its time, and the cracks show. On the whole, it's a bit of a mess. The attempt to squeeze in nearly ev
Robert Wright
I don't know if the purported continuity cleanup that was the stated rationale for this series was truly necessary. Still and all, this is pretty much the yardstick by which all subsequent company-wide crossovers are measured. I think it still holds up better than any "event" series since.

First, the art is top notch. Wolfman's writing manages to service the multiple, multiple needs of the series while still giving a strong through-line. Unlike other events to follow in its wake, everything you n
Jorge
Jul 21, 2015 rated it liked it
Siendo lector asiduo de. Marvel cómics, encontré este gigantesco serial muy abrumador. No conozco a la mayoría de los súper héroes de DC que aparecen en él y por lo mismo no lo disfruté tanto. Habría apreciado más intervenciones de la "Bati-familia" y menos de Superman y Flash.
La idea del multiverso siempre me ha fascinado, por lo tanto un cross-over de esta magnitud es casi un sueño hecho realidad, sin embargo, al saber que la razón principal de esto es hacer una purga para deshacerse de la may
ダンカン
Oct 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics

What began as a major event became the most important for DC Comics in not just solving the problems that was created in the past, but created a future for DC. Crisis on Infinite Earths is a must-read comic event that changes the face of cross-overs in comics, and redefine what DC was in 1985. This 35th Anniversary Edition Deluxe Hardcover is a must-have for those who haven't read it yet.

What's included in this edition is the 12 issues maxi-series of Crisis, recolored and restored, a 100 pages f

J
Jun 09, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics
Really a slog to get through. Contemporaneous with this (in fact part of the storyline), Alan Moore's Swamp Thing was demonstrating that comics could showcase complex characters, fights that didn't always involve fists, and nuanced motives.

What we have here is an ambitious mush. A heaping of nearly every character in DC's stable being brought into continuity to tie up the hodge podge universe that existed up to this point (and no doubt to launch and relaunch some neglected titles).

Every issue in
Ahdom
Feb 10, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novels
This book was big in scope. I was interested in this DC classic after coming to this story arc in the CW DC crossover. This comic did suffer from being a bit clunky and not keeping the best pace. I also read this after reading The Infinity Saga with Marvel and this story pales in comparison to that, in my opinion. It seems the stakes are higher in this story than that of Marvel's, but Crisis was less enjoyable for me. I do think that this is a good read and well worth it, especially since it's o ...more
Juanma García García Sierra
Mar 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Anoche terminé de leer Crisis en tierras infinitas. La verdad es que se me ha hecho algo pesado. No dudo de la transcendencia de esta obra, que supuso un nuevo punto de partida para todo el universo dc, pero para un lector ocasional de tebeo superheroico como yo su lectura abruma un poco. Lo que es innegable es que destila un trabajo de documentación brutal de los autores para encajar a casi todos los personajes de dc, y sus distintas versiones, en una misma serie limitada. #comic #dc
Diego
Mar 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Crisis en las Tierras Infinitas es uno de esos relatos y narraciones primordiales en la historia del cómic; nacida en un momento en que DC necesitaba dar orden a su universo (estrategia a la que recurriría luego), presenta un antes y un después. Es un historia que todo amante del cómic americano debe conocer, una saga épica.
Bill Harrison
I read these individual comics back when they were first published. While I hated seeing some of the heroes die, I was so glad to see that DC was cleaning up from all the different Earths. Although some of the dialogue is a little dated, this is a great story with great artwork.

Along with all 12 issues, this book also includes a history of the DC universe.
Justin Labelle
Feb 05, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Solid artwork with a truly formidable foe. This is a well drawn, engaging story with some stilted dialogue and dated narrative techniques. A memorable, epic tale that is sure to entertain young and old alike.
Ondra Král
Apr 11, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Tohle je Superman, tohle je Batman, tohle je 165 dalších postav, který vůbec neznám.
Přesto je to na svoji dobu čitelné, akční a skvěle nakreslené. Ocenil bych menší rozvleklost a rozplizlost, ale to je zrovna něco, co si pravověrnej DCčkář užije.
Paganraul
This was my first collected edition and it felt reeeeally long it didn’t motivated to read it fast and i was lost it didn’t gave me any wow moments but i learned some things keep in mind that im a DC guy!
Adam Spanos
Ok ok, it was THE big thing of its time but it's surely dated now. I couldn't enjoy the story very much with all those clustered with dialogue boxes panels. If you are NOT into old-school kind of comics, you will probably have a hard time finishing this. ...more
Lucas Carlos
Absolument rien compris. Intrigue imbuvable et beaucoup trop de choses incompréhensibles si on n'a pas lu ce qui c'est fait avant. Trop de personnages, trop de climax et retournements de situations.
C'est sûrement pas mauvais mais absolument pas compréhensible en première lecture DC des années 80
Askaso
Sep 11, 2019 rated it it was ok
Ufff. Si hace falta hacer este tocho para explicar CTI es que hay algo que ha salido mal.
No está mal, nada mal pero es para superfans de DC.

• Infinite Crisis Omnibus
  • Dream Country (The Sandman, #3)
  • Hnev - vtedy na východe
  • The Flash, Vol. 1: Move Forward
  • The Doll's House (The Sandman, #2)
  • The Flash, Vol. 3: Gorilla Warfare
  • The Flash, Vol. 5: History Lessons
  • The Flash, Vol. 4: Reverse
  • The Flash, Vol. 2: Rogues Revolution
  • Season of Mists (The Sandman, #4)
  • The Flash, Vol. 6: Out of Time
  • If He Had Been with Me
  • Midnight Sun
  • Black Canary: Breaking Silence
  • The Eternals: The Complete Saga Omnibus
  • Winterkeep (Graceling Realm, #4)
  • Batman: Detective Comics #1000: The Deluxe Edition
  • ttyl (Internet Girls, #1)
Marvin A. "Marv" Wolfman is an award-winning American comic book writer. He is best known for lengthy runs on The Tomb of Dracula, creating Blade for Marvel Comics, and The New Teen Titans for DC Comics. ...more

Crisis on Infinite Earths (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Crisis on Infinite Earths #1