Start by marking “Crisis en Tierras Infinitas Absolute” as Want to Read:
Crisis en Tierras Infinitas Absolute

Crisis en Tierras Infinitas Absolute

(Crisis on Infinite Earths #1-12)

¡Edición especial 20 aniversario de Crisis en tierras infinitas! Esta edición en formato Absolute celebra por todo lo alto lo que fue sin duda el evento más importante en la historia del cómic. Cuando DC optó por publicar una miniserie de 12 números en 1985 para hacer borrón y cuenta nueva no sabía lo que estaba desencadenando.
Ahora, más de 20 años después, Planeta DeAgost
Hardcover, Absolute en 2 tomos, 624 pages
Published 2007 by Planeta DeAgostini Comics (DC Comics) (first published 1985)

To ask other readers questions about Crisis en Tierras Infinitas Absolute, please sign up.
Alexander James-Palmer It's also available at local bookstores too. Or do what I did, buy it online. Amazon is a good choice for that.

Start your review of Crisis en Tierras Infinitas Absolute
Dan Schwent
Walls of antimatter are destroying the worlds of the multiverse and it's up to the superheroes of many earths to band stop them and their maker, the villainous Anti-Monitor!

I read a handful of issues of this miniseries over the years but never read it in its entirety. Imagine my delight when my mom got me this for Christmas despite me being "hard to buy for."

Crisis was created to get rid of the multitude of parallel earths and just have one DC earth in the name of simplification. In retrospect,
Sam Quixote
Aug 11, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Every year I read at least one “classic” book, despite knowing it’ll probably stink, because sometimes they surprise me by showing why they’re considered classics in the first place. So I picked up the granddaddy of event comics, Crisis on Infinite Earths, and unfortunately it didn’t surprise me. In fact, it wasn’t just bad – I think this is the worst superhero comic I’ve ever read. Classic piece of shit more like!

The DC Universe at the time of this book was a mess of confusing, mind-numbingly
Donovan
Epic, tragic, inter-dimensional space opera, the penultimate event that started all events and changed DC history forever.

The plot: Anti-Monitor versus the known universe.

The cast: The DCU in its entirety.

The artwork: Mind-boggling, hand-illustrated macroscopy.

The writing: Prosaic but incredible.

Read Crisis On Infinite Earths for twelve issues of hyperbole perfection.
Alejandro
A universe reinvents itself!

This TPB edition collects “Crisis on Infinite Earths” #1-12.

Creative Team:

Writer: Marv Wolfman

Illustrator: George Pérez

Special Anniversary Cover: Alex Ross

RICH HISTORY… JUST TOO RICH

It’s 1986 and DC Comics already had 50 years of history generating not only millions of stories, but also…

…an infinite number of “Earths”.

Crisis on Infinite Earths wasn’t technically the first time that DC Comics had been a process of reinvention. Batman had began as gritty to beco
Sesana
Crisis on Infinite Earths is unquestionably a landmark moment in the history of DC, and comics in general. At this point, the expectations for new readers are either sky-high or in the basement. The reality is somewhere in between.

First of all, this is such a product of its time that it's kind of funny. Lots of dated posturing, dated art, and really dated character designs. But the art really is quite good, for the time. And the concept is ambitious enough that I'm able to forgive quite a bit in
William Johnson
So, what do you do when you know next to nothing about the DC Universe? You decide to read the most complex, complicated, mind-boggingly convoluted saga in the company’s history, that’s what! For whatever reason I was compelled, for months it seemed, to pick up Crisis on Infinite Earths and read it. I can’t explain it but for some reason I decided I’d buy it and try it out. And while the book is everything I described above, it also happens to be a masterpiece of the comic art form and, whether ...more
Sr3yas
DC Comics proudly presents....
The most Risky, Confusing, Over-populated and Important comic book event of the 80's.

Welcome to pre-crisis multi-verse containing Earth-1, Earth 2, Earth 3, Earth-Prime, Earth-S, Earth-X and whatever alphabets you can think of. Ah, Never mind, they are all being destroyed anyway.

But the question is by whom and how can the heroesssss stop them?

Why the multiple S in heroes, you ask? Because the story is criminally full of them. Superheroes from five different Earths
Aaron
Dec 12, 2010 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novels
This 1980s book is famous as the first attempt to radically overhaul a sprawling, unmanageable fictional mythos: the DC Universe. I was interested to see how they did it.

The answer is, 'with superheroic levels of cheese'. This book is exactly what non-comic-readers think comics are. A colourful costume parade with Kirby crackle everywhere, firework-displays of energy beams, cheesy exposition - a bad guy wailing, 'NO YOU ARE DESTROYING ME' - shallow characterisation, severe ADD, and largely lacki
Ray
Jan 10, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics, superhero, dc, superman
What a classic of the superhero genre, truly getting your money's worth featuring every single DC character up to 1985 in what still hold's up as one of the most ambitious crossovers of all time.

I'd only recommend Crisis on Infinite Earths, however, for the true superhero aficionado. This is not an introductory course.

Structurally this high-concept story doesn't make sense except steeped in the context of the already decades-old DC multiverse. But it's still a very fun ride.

Monitor vs. Anti-Mon
Dan
Dec 13, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
So I had to read this classic storyline as I had never read it until now. I have to say it was not as good as I had hoped. It really has too much going on with all of the different earth versions, and I guess at this time DC also had a lot of different characters some of which I had never heard of. Very similar to Marvel's Secret Wars.
Iain
Dec 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics

The Crisis event opens with the Anti-matter wave, that has destroyed universe after universe, heading towards Argo city of Earth 38 (Supergirl’s universe). There is nothing either Superman (Tyler Hoechlin) or Supergirl (Melissa Benoist) can do to prevent it’s destruction as the wave marches towards Earth 38. Fortunately, the Monitor (LaMonica Garrett) saves both Superman and Lois Lane (Elizabeth Tulloch), who had sent their son away in a ship believing they were going to die. The Monitor summons
Jedi JC Daquis
Jun 30, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
By the seven seas, Crisis on Infinite Earths is a long read for a comic book trade paperback. What is meant to be read for a year is not meant to be read for a few days. A maxi-series of epic proportions, Crisis on Infinite Earths literally destroyed universes and traveled dimensions even beyond space and time for an epic series that simplified the DC universe and paved the way for other publishers to do line-wide crossovers - something which was unheard of during that time.

The year was 1985, th
Eli
Apr 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This took me long enough. And it was the perfect comic to finish reading on my birthday ( hip hip hooray ).

I really don't know how to get into reviewing this. But the artwork was amazing (if you're into the older style of art). The dialogue flowed well. The plot... Oh, boy. The plot was amazing. Basically a positive matter being known as the Monitor is trying to keep an anti-matter being known as the Anti-Monitor from converting all matter into negative matter, thus destroying all earths. He d
FunkyPlaid
One star for the effort of cleaning up the very messy DC universe. But seriously, reading this again as an adult was like homework; I simply couldn't wait to be done with it. Every single page has some DC hero shouting out his power and calling all the other heroes by their names after every interaction - just so we're clear who's who in this childish morass of a storyline. Too many trite Great Scotts! and Hera Help Mes!

Worst thing about it: Flash's Cosmic Treadmill!

Worst line within it: "Sudden
Chris
This, ladies and gentlemen, is one of the works that has affected me deeply. More importantly, it is something that has caused considerable harm to my wallet and bank account, as I have been collecting comic books for almost twenty-five years now, and it's all because of Crisis. I can still remember going to the drugstore after church one Sunday and seeing the cover to Crisis #9 - a classic George Perez group shot of some of the most terrible villains ever seen in the DC Universe. You name the b ...more
Lashaan Balasingam (Bookidote)

You can find my review on my blog by clicking here.

When it comes to superheroes, you tend to discover them in their personal life trajectories as they confront various obstacles that lead them to perceive life differently to other mortals. While some find themselves in front of incredible adversity with the occasional homework to take tough life-threatening decisions, others are driven to face what is often known as destiny as their faith and perseverance are tested beyond the ordinary strain we
Joshua Adam Bain
Finally got around to reading this. And I loved it. Yes it was quite long, and quite wordy, and full of so many damn characters, but in the end it was such a cool intense read.

This basically has every single DC character in it. Let me say that again cause the enormity of that statement is pretty overwhelming. Many people would find this off putting and fair too ambitious, and I agree at times I found myself having to step back and reread shit, but I fits together in it own way. There's so much g
Stephen
2.5 stars. This was an important mini-series in the DC uiniverse as it put an end to the multiverse as an active part of the DC universe (no more Earth II Superman, Flash, Green Lantern, etc). However, from a pure quality and enjoyment standpont, it was only okay. Overall, call it 2.5 stars.
Sans
It’s finally over. That was more painful than reading textbooks.
Tiago
Jan 22, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novels, dc
Crisis on Infinite Earths is very much a product of its own time, an ambitious, convoluted, massive, 12-issue crossover event, the first of its kind, and I can see how it worked as a template for future crossover, Jim Starlin for example stole a lot of ideas from it and created a much better version of it, the Infinity Gauntlet, which was illustrated by the same artist, George Pérez.

I just don't think Crisis have much revelance today, unless you're a massive DC fan, I've always been a Marvel gu
Jesse A
So confusing and busy and bright. The kind of comics that kept me from picking them up as a kid.
Timothy Boyd
May 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Incredible mini-series. This story has almost ever DC hero and villian in it. The death of the first Flash, Barry Allen, is a keystone event in the DC universe. Highly recommended
Chris
Jan 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dc, events
It is difficult to know where to start when reviewing this book due to the sheer scale of it. Maybe I should start by saying, if you are looking for a book that will take you for a gentle stroll into a world of make believe, a little bit of escapism to kill an hour or two, then this certainly isn't the book you are looking for (did that sound a little bit Obi Wan?). This book is complicated, and I mean headache inducingly complicated. There were times reading this book that I genuinely had to pu ...more
Michael Neno
Crisis on Infinite Earths may be the worst comic story I've read. By worst, I don't mean unprofessional. The most amateurish mid-'80s, self-published B&W comic published on browning, cheap newsprint can have its inadvertent charms, but there's nothing charming about this slick, corporate product. COIE was one of the first miniseries created by corporate committee (Jim Shooter, not surprisingly, led the way the previous year with Secret Wars). Reading it was a slogging chore.

COIE is a convoluted
Christopher (Donut)
An extra star for George Perez's art.

I remember when this came out, I was already more than halfway done with comics, and I never read it all the way through. If anything, it confirmed why I was done. At 18, I was too old for such foolishness.

(In college, someone gave me Watchmen to read, and out of respect for Frank Miller, I kept up with Daredevil: Born Again and Batman: Year One, but other than that, I lost touch)

Lately, however, I have been catching up with the 30 years I missed, and so muc
Sam
Aug 12, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I now own the Alex Ross cover trade. It's an awesome reworking of Perez's original.

So, backstory. DC Comics was trying to scale down in 1985. Decades of hapless continuity, old, faded characters and a squeaky-clean image had made the company a laughing stock. So, Marv Wolfman and George Perez took up the challenge to make a 12-issue miniseries that completely obliterated all of the wacky worlds that writers had come up with since the 50's. Bizarro World? Gone. Earth-S? Gone. Earth 3? Gone. Plus,
Art the Turtle of Amazing Girth
Just as good as I remember it from when I first read it in mid-80s as a kid.

Good Monitor, great future planner, knew what he was doing for billions of years.

Bad Monitor, one evil mahfah. His list is long, Supergirl, Dove, Green Arrow, Robin, Huntress, Kole, The Crime Syndicate, Oan Guardians, A host of villains, A host of other heroes. It took incredible might and willpower to topple this eternal baddie.

The Flash, and his ultimate sacrifice for all things. Lonely, hated by those around him, and
When you take a step back and look at the story as a whole, it's a pretty great concept. However, each individual comic that makes up this trade paperback is NOT so great. A lot of the time it seemed like the story wasn't progressing because too many panels were wasted trying to sum up what happened in the previous issue. Granted, the comics were originally released on a monthly basis, so it's understandable. The last four or five issues are by far the best in the whole series and are what made ...more
Nick
Jun 03, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This is quite the event comic. Once it finally gets going it is okay and even has some good bits. That said, it wakes almost half the book to move the plot forward; the first half is repetitive and slow. It doesn't help that there is no main character or even small group of characters to identify with. Instead, it follows a (seemingly) random collection of DC's heroes.
This is one of DC's more famous volumes, and that makes sense from the standpoint of it bringing together all of their universes,
Shannon Appelcline
Dec 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics, comics-dc
In 1985, Crisis was the most ambitious comic series ever. Certainly, Secret Wars preceded it as a 12-part story focused on shaking up the status quo, but nothing before had ever had the scope of Crisis, a story which fundamentally shifted the entire DC setting.

This was the book that brought the Captain Marvel family and the Charlton heroes into regular DC continuity, that merged Earth-1, Earth-2, and Earth-X into a single timeline. Just look at the importance of characters like Blue Beetle, Capt
Goodreads Librari...: Please Combine Books and add cover 2 11 Jul 16, 2019 02:43AM
Today's children 'facing housing crisis' warning 1 25 Dec 26, 2013 04:04PM

• Final Crisis
  • Batman: A Death in the Family
  • Kingdom Come
  • Superman: Red Son
  • The Death of Superman (The Death and Return of Superman, #1)
  • Flashpoint
  • Legends: The Collection
  • Green Lantern: Rebirth
  • Green Lantern Corps, Volume 6: Blackest Night
  • Batman: Dark Victory
  • Superman for All Seasons
  • DC: The New Frontier, Volume 1
  • Batman/Superman/Wonder Woman: Trinity
Marvin A. "Marv" Wolfman is an award-winning American comic book writer. He is best known for lengthy runs on The Tomb of Dracula, creating Blade for Marvel Comics, and The New Teen Titans for DC Comics.

Crisis on Infinite Earths (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Crisis on Infinite Earths #1