Start by marking “Lipstick and Handguns (Lawful Disorder #1)” as Want to Read:
Lipstick and Handguns (Lawful Disorder #1)

Lipstick and Handguns (Lawful Disorder #1)

3.74  ·  Rating details ·  418 Ratings  ·  28 Reviews
[Siren Classic ManLove: Erotic Alternative Romantic Suspense, M/M, sex toys]

For three years after his lover left without a goodbye, the only people Detective Ryder Ward keeps close are his grandmother and his partner on the force. It's no wonder he's unprepared for the feelings Sidney Kessler awakens in him.

Finding himself naked and chained to a wall, imprisoned and tortur
Published April 7th 2011 by Siren-Bookstrand, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Lipstick and Handguns, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lipstick and Handguns

Lexi Ander
Mar 26, 2011 rated it it was ok
Qi
Jan 08, 2012 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf
This is one of those books that I need to review as I read, just to vent. These books fall into one of two categories: incredibly bad and painfully, brilliantly good. Hint: it's not the latter this time.

The immediate falling-in-lust of the two MCs was completely unbelievable and about par for the course for how well Sidney's recovery was handled.

But fine. We'll go with it. Until Ryder starts hitting on Sidney as soon as he's out of the hospital and moved into Ryder's house (of course, this is to
adrienne
typical gabrielle evans serial romance. nothing fantastic, nothing so bad it can't be finished. what is typical gabrielle evans? imagine a shorter harlequin romance but with no t&a (see, i was going to write no surprise pregnancies, but... yeah.).

out of sheer laziness, i will be using this as my template for all books by :
sunny day
lynn hagen
stormy glenn
scarlett hyacinth
carol lynne
gabrielle evans

unless otherwise noted. i'd apologize, but i'm not sorry. i figure it's about as much time as the
Serena Yates
Apr 07, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: gay
This is an interesting mix between a mystery and a love story. It was a bit darker than I'm comfortable with, but I liked the characters and the basic storyline kept my attention.

Ryder is such a macho cop, but he has very deep feelings. He is hiding from the past in the same way that Sidney is trying to hide from his tormentors and attackers. Following the journey of how both learn to let go of the past so they can face the future together was great. The violence could have been a little less gr
Bergur Arnar
Jul 15, 2016 rated it liked it
It was a nice enough book - not badly written and the characters were all right.
I have to say though that the amount of homosexuality in this book bothered me a bit - it's not that I mind a good dose of gayness, it's just that it was so unrealistic. I mean, come on, (view spoiler)
Kelly H. (Maybedog)
This had everything I loved: danger, deception, intrigue, mayhem, bodily damage, worry, suspense, romance, true love, sex, a dog, etc., so I was willing to forgive the instalove. That stuff is always in this kind of romance series where each book is a new couple. There just isn't a lot of time to build the love in just one (short--these kind are always short) book without sacrificing plot. It can be done by a skillful writer but it's not easy so I expect instalove. At least it wasn't insta-we're ...more
Gabbi

4.5 Kisses!!

To my knowledge, this is the first book I’ve read by Gabrielle Evans. After reading Lipstick and Handguns, it definitely won’t be my last! I really enjoyed the romance and suspense in this story and I can’t wait to read the sequel!

The blurb does an excellent job at describing the story, so I won’t rehash it. I really loved the strong connection these two heroes had together. I believed in their attraction, friendship and their feelings toward ea
Lu
Jan 23, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013
Vaya par. Ufff, sobre todo Ry...

La parte del enamoramiento me pareció demasiado rápida, no hay tonteos, directos al asunto... algo que no es muy lo mío, pero que se entiende cuando lees lo que Gabrielle piensa del amor y que a primera vista y todo rápido, y bla, bla, bla.

Ry todo un tipo alfa, Sidney con demasiada pluma, pero interesante, salvo cuando se comporta como un majadero.

Michael, deliciosamente tentador, como para pasarlo al "lado oscuro de la fuerza".

La parte del suspence y de las inves
Rebecca
Apr 23, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I’ll admit up front that I am drawn to this author’s voice and have enjoyed every book she’s written. But wow, has she outdone herself with this one! With mystery and a darker storyline than usual, Evans has hit her stride with the first book in her Lawful Disorder series and I cannot wait to read the next.

Both characters were well-developed, each given their own time to evolve as unique characters. The slow evolution of their relationship worked especially given the trauma Sidney underwent and
~SexyBookWorm~
To be honest the whole reason I started this series was bc the third installment came out and it sounded good lol. I have ocd and I must read in order! Lol. I was pleasantly surprised at how good this book was! It is longer than most books in the genre but every page is quality material! The MCs are well developed and completely investable ( i might have made that word up).
The cons are typical. The MCs are the ever common stripper twink and the macho man in uniform. But its easy to overlook the
Honey
Mar 25, 2011 rated it really liked it
Men are being kidnapped, tortured and drowned in the harbour. It's Detective Ryder's job to find out who is behind it and to stop more young men from dying. Sydney is one of these men and when he somehow manages to survive the ordeal, he finds himself in the hands of a moody, protective police detective and sparks fly. I liked the characters and the mystery was good too. It got me curious about the next books in the series, particularly the Dom cop's story but it looks like the next one will be ...more
ElaineY
Nothing new in the story - slight, sweet, vulnerable boy meets hunky, protective cop who wants to do nothing but wrap trembling, vulnerable boy in his muscular arms...and I actually am a sucker for these type of MM romances.

But not this one because the way it was written (both the dialogue and narrative), I couldn't help feeling as if I ought to be 9 or 10 years old and any hint of maturity and sophistication would overwhelm me.
Rachel Emily
Mar 24, 2011 rated it really liked it
I wavered back and forth between 3 and 4 stars, but I really did enjoy reading this...just what I was in the mood for tonight. Sure, it may not be anything groundbreaking new in the genre, but I enjoyed the characters and I especially the group of all of them working together. I'm looking forward to the next book and hopefully with a couple of the characters from this one.
Chris
May 21, 2011 rated it it was ok
Ok m/m romantic suspense about a cop who finds himself getting too attached to a guy who survived being abducted and tortured. I kept getting distracted from the story by typos and descriptions that had me rereading to see if I'd read them right.
Readers Roundtable
May 13, 2011 rated it really liked it
4.5 Gold Crowns. Lipstick and Handguns by Gabrielle Evans was filled with ups, downs, and sideways moments that eventually all straightened out into a brilliant story. To view the rest of this review, please visit http://thereadersroundtable.com/eroti...
Noor
Jun 03, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, cops, psyco, r-have
very good, good everything from the crime to the romance it was all very nice, loved all the characters also i love how they solved the case but there is still more to find out which makes me want to read more books in this series when they come out =)
Maya
Mar 25, 2011 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars. I really enjoyed this book a lot. It was one of the better mysteries that I have read in the m/m genre. It wrapped up a bit too fast for me though or I would have given it 5 stars. I eagerly await the next book in this series!
Marsha Spence
Apr 17, 2011 rated it really liked it
Enjoyable read!
FloJ
Apr 13, 2011 rated it it was ok
Nothing new here.
small pretty young thing and hunk detective.
Some disconcerting lack of continuity in the story, but they didn't make any difference to the end result.
Not worth a repeat read.
A.R. Moler
Jun 05, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m
Overall, a fairly good romping read with a mystery-ish subplot. I was torn between 3 stars or 4. I wish 3.5 was an option.
Lola
May 22, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I like it!
Clover
Apr 10, 2011 rated it really liked it
really good cop story. looking forward for the 2nd book ! maybe this one will have bdsm in it !
Candice
review to come soon :)
Lisa Cunningham
Apr 17, 2011 rated it really liked it
I loved it. It has just the right amount of suspense, romance and fun. You can't help but love Sidney and Ryder. I am looking forward to the next book.
Alex Hahn
Aug 05, 2011
MinnieMae
Feb 28, 2012
  • Protective Custody
  • A Deadly Game (A Nick Fallon Investigation, #1)
  • Bodies of Work: An Avondale Story
  • Hidden Force (Tennessee Cops, #1)
  • Melting Ice 3 (Melting Ice #3)
  • Cold Front (Pindone Files #1-3)
  • For Gom's Sake (Scarcity Sanctuary,  #3)
  • Bermuda Heat (L.A., #5)
  • Guarding Morgan (Sanctuary, #1)
  • The Magic in Your Touch (Reed, #1)
  • Deadly Wrong (Deadly Mystery, #2)
  • Broken Rules (Broken Trilogy, #1)
  • A Luminous Touch (Senses and Sensations, #3)
  • Some Like it Rough (The Gentlemen's Club, #2)
  • Taken (Taken #1)
  • The Pharaoh's Concubine
  • Healer (The Institute #1)
Gabrielle Evans grew up in a small town in southern Oklahoma. We’re talking one red light that may or may not work depending on the day of the week. She married her high school sweetheart and the rest is pretty much history. They have two very active boys and one high-strung wiener dog that keeps her constantly on the go. For now, Gabrielle parks her car in north-central Texas, but who knows what ...more
More about Gabrielle Evans...

Lawful Disorder (3 books)
  • Strip: Tease and Search (Lawful Disorder, #2)
  • To Protect and Punish (Lawful Disorder #3)