Start by marking “Lady Wyre's Regret” as Want to Read:
Lady Wyre's Regret

Read Book

Lady Wyre's Regret

(A Jane Austen Space Opera 0.5)

A brilliant lady scientist on the run. An infamous assassin hired to stage her death. What could go wrong?

As Queen’s Physician, Charlotte, Duchess of Wyre, has done her job entirely too well. She invented a dangerous technology that not only healed the queen from an incurable fatal illness, but also could be used as the most destructive weapon the universe has ever seen.

Published March 24th 2011 by Joely Sue Burkhart

To ask other readers questions about Lady Wyre's Regret, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lady Wyre's Regret

Start your review of Lady Wyre's Regret
Oceans
Oct 06, 2019 rated it liked it
This short read is a nice set up for the future series. We get to know Lady Wyre who is a magnificent scientist. Her relationship with the queen and assassin Regret (interesting name though). This space opera is full of absorbing cyber technology, different races and politics and a promise of future romance I can’t wait. The main characters are thought-provoking, strong and they have good chemistry. So now that Lady Wyre is on the run, what will the queen do? I am looking forward to reading ...more
CarolKat
Jan 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I have to admit it was the subtitle of 'A Jane Austin Space Opera' that caught my attention on this one. Since it is also a free title, I decided to give it a try.

Lady Charlotte Wyre, the Queen's Physician is in trouble, the kind of trouble that gets you sentenced to death. Her technology is going to be used in a way she never intended for it to be, as a weapon. Now she needs to figure out a way to disappear, with all the existing parts and also survive.

Lord Sig Regret is the answer to Lady
Goddess of Chaos
Sep 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Space Opera is right!

Lady Wyre has brains, morals, and the courage of her convictions. Sig, aka Lord Regret, discovers in Lady Wyre, not just someone worth upholding his end of the bargain for, but someone with whom he can have no regrets.

This quick done in one is technically a prequel to another story, but delivers a fast paced, fun, stand alone introduction both to the Universe and to characters who are clearly on the path a better here after.

I was gifted with a copy of this story and chose to
Samantha
Oct 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Heidi
Aug 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
I did like this book. Again a different take but it was very interesting to see our characters come together. The it was also interesting to see the relationship Charlotte had with the queen. It is amazing how when there is so much to loose everything stable becomes undone then finding its way back together but in a different way. Its great to see Charlotte know what she wants and standing tall for them. looking forward to the next book.
Aug 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Campy Space Opera sign me up! A new world from the imagination of Ms. Burkhart with a brilliant and strong female lead and a dashing yet honorable(?) assassin - is there such a thing? Quite a clever prequal that is a quick introduction of what to come that will leave you wanting more, luckily we won't have long to wait.
Susan
Nov 12, 2019 rated it liked it
With her inventions Charlotte, Duchess of Wyre, in her role of Queen Majel’s Physician seems to have done her job much too well. Not just by curing the Queen but inventing a most deadly weapon. So she believes it is time to disappear. For this she needs the help of assassin Sigmund Regret.
An enjoyable short story and a good introduction to the next in the series
Amanda Hoffman
Aug 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
Another winner from JSB! A prequel starter before Lady Doctor Wyre and it does not disappoint. I saw the author compare this series to Firefly and that vibe is so very accurate (think also Killjoys). The female lead is strong and the dialogue is witty. This one is a slow burn, a bit unusual for her, but totally worth it. You will be hooked in minutes!
Allison Mollenkopf
Sep 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
A strong female lead character who is willing to fight for her own life. Hiring and assassin and escaping Britannia. Who know what will happen next, I guess we will have to keep reading to find out. It took me a bit to get into this story as the narrative point of view was different than what I usually read. I am happy I finished and can't wait for the next!
Liza Perez
Aug 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Amazing start to this series. The book follows the Duchess plan in faking her own death by hiring the best assassin. Can she do it? Will she finally free herself from Brittani? Definite must read. I look forward to reading the rest of them.
Harley Smith
Oct 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Joely sue burkhart did a marvelous job on Lady Wyre’s Regret I absolutely loved reading it. I loved the plot and the characters can’t wait to read more of her books.
Jill
Oct 16, 2019 added it
I think it’s safe to say that Space Opera isn’t my thing, but this was light-hearted and SHORT, so I might give the next book in the series a go
Amber Cannizzaro
Oct 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this prequel book so much and I will moving right on to book 1!
Kayla Brown
Oct 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
This series has a lot of potential, and this was a great taste into this new world! I'm very excited to see where this goes, and what enchanting tale Ms. Joely has woven this time!
Kathryn
Space Opera. Who knew? I loved this prequel!
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
I'm fortunate enough to read starting from the prequel and on down. This is a nice set up for what looks to be a great read. The reader learns about the relationship between Lady Wyre and Queen Majel. As a side note, Queen Majel?? Gene Roddenberry's wife's name? And she's resembling a Queen Borg? W.T.H? Why isn't she naked more? Seriously, Majel played Deana Troy's mother as a full Betazoid. They are free about their bodies.

I digress. This little piece helps explain the next book and why Lady
Anna
Anglik_djilah
Apr 18, 2014
Madeline
Nov 05, 2012

• Stormy Nights (Storms of Blackwood #2)
  • The Warrior's Assault (Age of the Andinna #3)
  • When The Dead Have It Easy (The Veil Diaries #7)
  • Behind The Veil (The Veil Diaries)
  • Dragon Lords Blood Contract  (Dragon Marked #1)
  • Sheila the Vampire: Dancing with the Enemy
  • Wicked Truth (Cursed Coven, #9)
  • Vengeance (KO Ink, #1)
  • Check Yes Juliet
  • Dazzled and Dazed (KO Ink Book 6)
  • Tatted and Tamed (KO Ink Book 5)
  • Pierced and Inked (KO Ink Book 2)
  • Brawn and Brazen (KO Ink Book 3)
  • Cuffed and Briefed (KO Ink, #4)
  • Sacrifice The Knight (Checkmate #6)
  • Wicked: A Rockstar Romance Series
  • Sentinels of Oz
  • Unstoppable (Haven Falls #7)
I write books. Sometimes I even finish them!

A Jane Austen Space Opera (3 books)
  • Lady Doctor Wyre (A Jane Austen Space Opera, #1)
  • Her Grace's Stable (A Jane Austen Space Opera #3)
  • Lord Regret's Price (Jane Austen Space Opera, #2)