Start by marking “Daimon (Covenant, #0.5)” as Want to Read:
Daimon (Covenant, #0.5)

Daimon

(Covenant 0.5)

4.10  ·  Rating details ·  19,478 ratings  ·  1,365 reviews
"Love in my world usually ended up with someone hearing 'I smite thee!' as she was cursed to be some lame flower for the rest of her life."

For three years, Alexandria has lived among mortals—pretending to be like them and trying to forget the duty she'd been trained to fulfill as a child of a mortal and a demigod. At seventeen, she's pretty much accepted that she's a frea
Published May 10th 2011 by Spencer Hill Press (first published April 19th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Daimon, please sign up.
Chrissie Daimon (Covenant, #0.5) (Prequel to Half Blood)
Half-Blood (Covenant, #1)
Pure (Covenant, #2)
Deity (Covenant, #3)
Elixir (Covenant, #3.5) (Told…more
Daimon (Covenant, #0.5) (Prequel to Half Blood)
Half-Blood (Covenant, #1)
Pure (Covenant, #2)
Deity (Covenant, #3)
Elixir (Covenant, #3.5) (Told from Aiden's point of view)
Apollyon (Covenant, #4)
Sentinel (Covenant, #5)

·  19,478 ratings  ·  1,365 reviews

Jennifer Armentrout
Mar 24, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)

Well, I did write it so I'm kind of partial to it.
Katerina
Daimon is the greek word for demon.
You can understand where this is going.

While Daimon doesn't add much to the story, it's a fun introduction to Alex's character and the events that took place right before Half-Blood! (that's right, I read it after Half-Blood. I strongly advise against it, because I didn't appreciate it as much as I should).
☘Misericordia☘ ~ The Serendipity Aegis ~  ⚡ϟ⚡ϟ⚡⛈ ✺❂❤❣
Q:
Even in the normal world I hadn’t stopped doing stupid things.
Actually, I was prone to random acts of stupidity. I considered it to be one of my talents. (c)
Q:
“Whatever! Go save a dolphin or something!”
... “It’s a whale, Alex, a whale! That’s what I’m interested in saving.”...
“What’s wrong with saving dolphins? (c)
Q:
Well, they kind of needed to help each other off the ground. (c)
Q:
“You’re not a weirdo, baby.”
I gave her a droll look.
Lo Bookfrantic
Sep 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Lo Bookfrantic by: Mercedes
I picked up this novella because my friend Mer said I needed to read this series. So of course I wanted to start from the beginning. I found myself unable to put this short story down. I listened to the audio copy via my library overload app. The female narrator did an amazing job keeping me believing the entire time the heroine was her. The story itself is different and interesting. Really looking forward to continuing the series because that ending had me wanting to know what is going to happe ...more
Arlene
Jul 03, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Fans of Vampire Academy
Recommended to Arlene by: Street Corner Bookers - Alexa & Crystal
Swinging with all my might, I slammed the bottom of the lamp into the daimon’s head. The sickening thud it made pleased me in a way that would’ve concerned guidance counselors across the nation.

Addicting!!

I picked up the Daimon prequel in anticipation for the Half-Blood ARC I’ll be reviewing soon and WOW! What a great kickoff to a series I know is going to have me on the edge of my seat. Definitely a storyline I can fall into with a great cast and a perfectly crafted paranormal element.

The writing is/>
Wendy Darling
Note: Info on free ebook download link for this story below. A lot of authors release short stories as prequels or companion novels to their series, usually to keep fans jazzed between books or to entice you to try out the others. Some of these small bites are more successful than others, and I'm happy to report that the taste readers get from Daimon is enough to whet the appetite for more.

Alex is a 17-year-old half-demon who has been living among humans with her mother for three past years. She
Rachel Reads Ravenously
It's been a while since I read the covenant series, so I decided to give this a whirl. It's a prequel novella of Alex and what she was up to before the events of Half-Blood. I enjoyed it, it's a fun bonus read but not necessary to read as a part of the whole series.

photo RRR.png
Carol [Goodreads Addict]
 photo ja_zps16dd050b.jpg

Daimon is the prequel to the Covenant series by Jennifer Armentrout. I have been planning to read this series for such a long time so I am finally taking the plunge and if this is any indication as to what to expect, I’m in for a wild ride.

Alexandria or Alex, is 17 years old. She is a half blood. Her mother was a Pure but her father was a mortal. She and her mother lived at the Covenant where she was trained for what role she would someday fulfill until suddenly, at age 14, her mother took her and fled. She
Jaclyn
Oct 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I can already tell this series is going to be fantastic. I'm so excited to read it!!
Tanya (Girl Plus Books)
Despite my deep and abiding love for all things Jennifer L. Armentrout, there was still one of her series that I had yet to start. I changed that over the weekend when I picked up the prequel to the Covenant series. This was a super short (60-something pages) introduction to the series but was still packed with plenty of action. It's interesting getting familiar with the world and the mythology of a new series. I've never read anything based on Greek mythology so the gods and demigods, etc are a ...more
Pilar ☽
Sooo good! This prequel was intense, I'm utterly intrigued by the world JLA created.
Can't wait read the rest of the series!
Melissa
Not bad. Good enough that I am willing to try book 1. Not my preferred genre so I don't know how far I will get. I am not a super fan of the heroine but willing to give her more time to mature.
Alexa
May 10, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

My mini-review can also be found on my blog Collections.

I wanted to read Jennifer L. Armentrout's Covenant series because I loved the covers. I went into this prequel novella not knowing what to expect but hoping that I would find the story to be just as appealing as the covers. I'm glad to say that it was good. REALLY good.

Looks like book one, Half-Blood, starts off right where Daimon leaves off, so I highly recommend reading Daimon if you want to have an idea of what the Covenant seri
Ro
I felt so bad for Alex. Glad I've read this novella before continuing with the series.
This shit was fucking intense, it didnt add too much to the series, but I think it adds a little to Alexs character and shows us why she is like that.
Some scenes were so heart-breaking, though the rest of the book had a pretty intense and "desirable" atmosphere for me to read, if that makes sense.

If you are a fan of the Covenant series, I really recommend you this read!
☆ ĄňŊǡƂėƮĦ ☆ ŞŧŎŋė
Dec 31, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
4.5/5

I read this book after I read the entire series and that probably wasn't a good thing. It would have helped lead into the series but whatever, I read it after. It was still good but it was a left many things unclear. I don't know if that's just because it was a hook into the first book or if it just seems that way to me. This book is a good way to see what happened to Alex and what she is like instead of hearing the about everything that happened later.
Garden of Eden
Oct 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Bye bye Matt. xD
Nicole Peterson
Aug 17, 2012 rated it really liked it
This is going to be a short review. I don't want to give away any of the book. I'm just going to say that I liked it and am glad that I have Half-Blood in my greedy little hands so that I can start right away! And here are some of my favorite quotes from the book...

We’d talked. He’d kissed me and mauled my boobs, all the while smelling like cheap beer. I’d punched him and broken his jaw. Mom had moved me to a different town after that and lectured me about not hitting as
Mindy/fangedmom
Mar 24, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I CANNOT WAIT TO READ THIS SERIES!! The book covers are GORGEOUS! I need posters of them all. And maybe a tshirt, tote bag...oh I am so in love with these book covers!!

Finsihed this book earlier this year. Did not review it yet on here for some reason. Will get my review up soon. let me tell you what IT IS INCREDIBLE#!!!!!!!!
Melissa
Nov 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-i-own
Review can also be found on my blog: http://melissa-reads-books.blogspot.b...

“Don’t ask me to give her up before I even really get to know her … Because you’re not going to like my response.”

Daimon is an amazing prequel. I’m usually not that excited about prequels, but JLA did an amazing job like always. The story in this one makes you crave more of the mythology and whatever happens after that ending.

“Was your mom a gardener?” I asked innocently.
“What?” Ren’s mouth hung open slightly.
“Because a face like yours belon/>
“Was/>“Don’t
Wart Hill
So I woke up in the middle of the night and couldn't get back to sleep, so I decided to give this another shot.

Glad I did.

It's a bit reminiscent of the Vampire Academy series mythology-wise, except instead of Vampires, we're dealing with gods and their offspring. Which is right up my alley anyway, so I'm willing to give the rest of the series a shot

(or at least the next book)
~Tina~
Dang!! That was just the prequel and it kicked ass!!
Totally me book, I can't wait to get my hands on Half Blood!!
Eni
Aug 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy, series, pnr, ya, mythology
I'm hooked.It's not even the first book and I'm hooked.
Awesome !!
Sophia
May 05, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy, ya
I've already enjoyed the author's Lux series and the first book I read from her Dark Elements series so I snatched this one up when I was in the mood for some good YA otherworld action.

Daimon is a prequel that is more of a delicious teaser of what is to come for the Covenant series. It introduces the heroine, a few hints as to her background, an exciting chase, and then ends abruptly just in time for the reader to snack up the first book and settle in for an exciting ride.

☽☆Jean☠BookRampage☆☾
This series has been on my TBR forever. Seriously. Years it's been on here and I finally decided to read them. I've made a goal this year to read books I've had on my TBR for a ridiculous amount of time.

Now, for a novella this was an awesome way to start a series! I really really liked it and it definitely did as intended. Which is......leaving me wanting more! So, I'm going to marathon on all these books! Like...now.
Jessica {Litnoob}
Aug 31, 2019 rated it liked it
This was a nice peek into a world that needs a lot more explaining which is unfortunately needed for the stage to be set properly. Still I now care about Alex and am invested in her story so like mission accomplished.
Jean
Feb 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really didn't know what to expect with this series, maybe that's why I put it off for so long! I was sucked in from the beginning..... moving onto Half-Blood!!!
Kayleigh {K-Books}
Nov 06, 2011 rated it really liked it
Review of Daimon on K-Books

I really enjoyed this a lot more than I thought I would. Usually I don't enjoy prequels all that much as I feel like it's just an introduction into the 'real' story beginning. This one is definitely the exception. I really enjoyed Daimon. I thought it was a great start of a amazing story and I found myself getting completely hooked.

Alex is a Half-Blood. She is a descendent of the Gods, but her father was a mortal so that leaves her with two options, becom
Elizabeth
Source: I own a copy of this book.

Note: These are my personal opinions. I received no outside person comments or opinions.

So during Christmas I got an Amazon gift card and bought 4 JLA books. Among them was this book, Half Blood, and the first two books of The Dark Elements Series. I am disappointed to say that I was not impressed with The Dark Elements Series but my viewpoint changed with this book.

Plot Summary:

Alex and her mother are on the run from the Convenient. (For unknow/>Plot/>
Pearl Angeli
Sep 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2014-reads
I smite thee, Jennifer L. Armentrout!

This prequel of the Covenant is damn so intense. I love the action and I love the promising plot the author has made in this novella. Alex is such a strong-willed character. She's passionate about her life and the life she'd left behind in her real world.

The short story about what happened to her and her mom is dramatic and sad at the same time. But I admire how brave Alex and how determined she is to live again while fighting the daim
The Covenat: * Did anyone read Daimon or Elixir? 24 48 Jul 23, 2014 05:18PM
Kindle Lending (T...: Daimon by Jennifer L. Armentrout 5 17 Feb 18, 2014 06:21AM
Read This First? 11 129 Nov 26, 2013 06:53PM
LUXEN Army: Daimon Discussions (spoilers) 1 12 Sep 05, 2013 07:48AM
Jennifer L Arment...: Prequel - Daimon 1 22 Feb 07, 2012 03:35AM

• What Tomorrow May Bring
  • Touching Fire (Touch, #2)
  • A Perfectly Split Christmas (Split #1.5)
  • The Fall
  • Gideon's Promise (Son's of Judgment, #2)
  • Angelblood (Dark Angel, #4)
  • Other Worlds
  • Crescendo
  • Accused (Ganzfield, #4)
  • Untouched (Denazen, #1.5)
  • Elemental (Elemental, #0.5)
  • First Frost (Mythos Academy, #0.5)
  • Ethan (Brightest Kind of Darkness, #0.5)
  • An Iron Fey Valentine (The Iron Fey #4.4)
  • Walking Dead Girl (Vampireland, #1)

To email me, please use the below addy.
jenniferlarmentrout@live.com

# 1 New York Times and # 1 International Bestselling author Jennifer lives in Charles Town, West Vir

Covenant (5 books)
  • Half-Blood (Covenant, #1)
  • Pure (Covenant, #2)
  • Deity (Covenant, #3)
  • Apollyon (Covenant, #4)
  • Sentinel (Covenant, #5)
“Whatever! Go save a dolphin or something!"

He whirled around. "It's a whale, Alex, a whale! That's what I'm interested in saving."

I threw up my arms. "What's wrong with saving dolphins?”
223 likes
“Was your mom a gardener?' I asked innocently.
'What?' Ren’s mouth hung open slightly.
'Because a face like yours belongs planted on the ground.”
172 likes