Start by marking “Own Your Own Corporation: Why the Rich Own Their Own Companies and Everyone Else Works for Them (Rich Dad's Advisors)” as Want to Read:

4.03  ·  Rating details ·  3,492 Ratings  ·  30 Reviews

Harness the Power of a Corporation And Increase Your Income

Rich Dad said: "Don’t climb the corporate ladder, why not own the corporate ladder? The problem with climbing the corporate ladder is that when you look up, you see somebody’s big fat butt above you."

If you are serious about being rich and keeping your wealth protected, understanding corporations and other legal st

Published October 1st 2001 by Warner Business Books

Richard Stephenson
Nov 08, 2011 rated it liked it
I liked it!

Another good piece from the Kiyosaki line of work. An expert in the line of business legalities does the teaching here. When I paid great attention, this book flowed easily. But when I dipped off for a brief moment, I was quickly blanketed by the sometimes dense material.

A good ease-in to a very detailed subject.
Craig Kelley
Jul 08, 2009 rated it it was ok
This was probably one of my least favorite Rich Dad series books. Although the format of the book is very similar to the other 'rich dad' books it wasn't as enjoyable to read. Maybe if you are an attorney you'd enjoy it more.
Corey Grant
Sep 15, 2011 rated it really liked it
Learn how the rich get richer and the poor get poorer. This book gives you the secrets to how those in the know lower their taxable income doing the same things that others have to pay out of pocket to do.
Roger
Nov 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic book with great examples. I'd recommend this book for anyone thinking of starting a company or that is new to owning a company.
Oliver
May 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Great book to understand and grasp the types of entities available and defining its characteristics. It’s not a how to step by step guide to incorporate a business. However, it gives ample information to guide you to the entity that is most favorable to your needs. I would highly recommend that you get a more recent copy—if available—when you’re close to open or incorporate your own business.
Brian
Sep 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: personal
This seemed similar to Running Your Own Corporation, but it still served as a good refresher.
Ismail Diabolic
This book is not for everyone, why you ask !
This is not an inspiring novel, on how to get rich, as the name depicts "Rich dad advisory" is here to advise you to make up your mind if you're going to start your own company.

Mostly helpful for the people live in America.
Others can just make notes on how different companies work if you don't already know.

As a finance student or if you're planing for a start-up, this might help you knowing the ins and outs of a going concern.
Waseem
Apr 26, 2016 rated it it was ok
Not bad book to get you start thinking about the importance of protecting yourself via corporations for personal protection as well as better tax planning - obviously this is out of date or one must remain updated about the latest laws governing your specific country or state - but good as an intro in my opinion to get you thinking the right way about this

To Our Continued Success!
Waseem Mirza
Anant Kumar
Jan 30, 2014 rated it it was ok
This book is great to enhance your knowledge for better financial protection and understanding. But if you aren't an US citizen you will not find it interesting as it only talks about the American financial laws and regulations and it would be bit tough to correlate its application with your country.
Ben
Nov 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Not exactly brilliant prose, but very simple explanation of corporations, the benefits, etc. It would be better if there were a few more clear next steps on how to begin the process, but there are other books for that.
Rita Webb
Jul 30, 2009 rated it it was amazing
For me, this was a very useful introduction of S-corporations, C-corporations, LLC's, and LP's and the pros and cons of each. The author used case studies to illustrate the technical jargon, which made it very helpful for me to understand.
Joanne Nock
Nov 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is a good book explaining what can be a very technical area in a simple and easy to understand way. It is written for the US market, so chunks of it are irrelevant to the UK reader, but it's still useful. I'm a chartered accountant and I still picked up handy tips from it.
Marco
Aug 17, 2009 rated it really liked it
Great book. It has lots of ideas. I am starting a Nevada corporation..... if I ever start a business.
Carl
Mar 31, 2008 rated it it was ok
Shelves: finished-reading
Good read, but really didn't say much that you didn't learn in Rich Dad/ Poor Dad -- or you couldn't pick up from talking to your CPA.
Karla
Jul 14, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Invaluable info. Must read!
Jenna
Dec 24, 2009 rated it liked it
I'm sure it's a great book for Americans but I live in Canada so things are a bit different here
Chris Ruby
Mar 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: People who want to incorporate their own business
Recommended to Chris by: Robert Kiyosaki
Gave me tremendous insight on how to form my own company, which I eventually did.
Nick
May 24, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2011-reads
So valuable I just bought the used version. Much of it was over my head, but someday... :)
Carlos
Aug 06, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
a good read about how to use the right corp c ,s ,llc or lp. in your financial plan
Jap Hengky
Aug 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: e-book
Read this book if you want to build your own corporation, especially if you are in America.
Penny
Oct 10, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This one has a good chapter that's an example of how owing your own corporation can provide legal tax relief.
Brian
May 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
Very helpful writing to get a good understanding of the different types of corporations.
Ryan
Jul 12, 2007 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: property investment.
It is always a good idea to separate your assets from yourself in case of a lawsuit! They can't touch your other assets if they sue you over that property that is inside a good ol LLC.
Erik Similkier
Nov 30, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Very helpful book!
Michael
Jun 27, 2008 rated it really liked it
This book teaches the importance of structuring your finances properly.
Alberto Lopez
Suleman Mirza
Jan 04, 2017
Miguel Puente
Jul 07, 2016
  • The ABC's of Real Estate Investing: The Secrets of Finding Hidden Profits Most Investors Miss
  • Real Estate Riches: How to Become Rich Using Your Banker's Money
  • Rich Dad's Before You Quit Your Job: 10 Real-Life Lessons Every Entrepreneur Should Know About Building a Multimillion-Dollar Business (Rich Dad's (Paperback))
  • Sales Dogs: You Do Not Have to Be an Attack Dog to Be Successful in Sales
  • Rich Dad's Advisors: Guide to Investing In Gold and Silver: Everything You Need to Know to Profit from Precious Metals Now
  • Loopholes of the Rich: How the Rich Legally Make More Money and Pay Less Tax
  • OPM: Other People's Money: How to Attract Other People's Money for Your Investments -- The Ultimate Leverage
  • Why We Want You To Be Rich: Two Men, One Message
  • Rich Woman: A Book on Investing for Women, Take Charge Of Your Money, Take Charge Of Your Life
  • Multiple Streams of Income: How to Generate a Lifetime of Unlimited Wealth
  • Real Estate Loopholes: Secrets of Successful Real Estate Investing
  • The Automatic Millionaire Homeowner: A Powerful Plan to Finish Rich in Real Estate