Start by marking “Blood Lite III: Aftertaste (Blood Lite, #3)” as Want to Read:
Blood Lite III: Aftertaste (Blood Lite, #3)

Blood Lite III: Aftertaste

(The Dresden Files #6.5 - I was a Teenage Bigfoot)

The third book in the hilarious and horrifying national bestselling anthology series from the Horror Writers Association--a frightfest of sidesplitting stories from such "New York Times" bestselling authors as Jim Butcher, Sherrilyn Kenyon, Heather Graham, L.A. Banks, Kelley Armstrong, and many more! Horror fiction explores the dark side of human nature, often pushing the ...more
Published May 29th 2012 by Gallery Books

To ask other readers questions about Blood Lite III, please sign up.
Recent Questions
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Start your review of Blood Lite III: Aftertaste (Blood Lite, #3)
Mark
Jun 03, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I hope that admitting I bought this book just to read Jim Butcher's latest Harry Dresden short story doesn't make me a bad person. Besides, it's a Bigfoot story. I'll check out the other authors too.
Cyn Armistead
This anthology is supposed to be humorous horror. I have a message for Kevin J. Anderson: grossness is not nearly enough for humor. I hope volume two was funnier (I haven't read it yet), but if it was as bad as this one, the series should have been a singleton.

The entire reason I skipped ahead to volume three is "I Was a Teenage Bigfoot" by Jim Butcher. Happily, it was worth reading. There was some humor, as is the case with all of the Dresden Files fiction. It wasn't the funniest of Butcher's s
Kathy Davie
Jun 29, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: funny, horror
Third in the Blood Lite series of humorous and/or creepy horror short stories.

Be sure to read the authors' bios at the end. There's one in particular that's an absolute riot!

Series:
"I was a Teenage Bigfoot" (Dresden Files, 7.25)
"V Plates" (Women of the Otherworld, 12.5???)

The Stories
Jim Butcher's "I was a Teenage Bigfoot" finds Harry Dresden checking on a friend's son in boarding school who is supposedly suffering from mono…hah! Still, Harry does find a friend.

This story is the first of a trilog
bella
Jun 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I'm not one for short stories. Usually I buy anthologies to read one or two stories in them. Usually its one of my favorite authors with their favorite series (in this case Jim Butcher and his Dresden files series) and I will put the rest of the stories away for a rainy day.

When Jim Butcher joked on April Fools Day about a bigfoot series, I got excited even though I knew it was a April Fools Day joke. Luckily for his avid readers it is going to be a short story series, with the first being relea
Cathy
Dec 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
Werewolves with an unusual problem, an old-fashioned solution and unusual side effects. Liked the plot. Makes me want to pick up the original series again.

Part of the Led Astray short story collection.
Amy
Jul 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Ok, I admit that I only read the short story by Jim Butcher. It was a great story and did not disappoint. I loved the Bigfoot characters! I am sure I will get around to reading the other stories soon. I will come back and amend my review at that time.
Barbi Faye (The Book Fae)
Jun 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
Recommended to Barbi Faye (The Book Fae) by: Cover
Woot! Five and a half stars! I am just so enchanted with these short horror stories with a dark sense of humor. I love them. This has been the second book I have enjoyed so far. I have really liked "V Plates" by Kelly Armstrong, of course her story has a wolfy vibe! "Mannequin", by Heather Graham; two couples attempt to spend the night in a haunted locale, especially after one of them is proven sensitive and psychic. Supernatural fun abounds!! "Smoke and Mirrorballs" shows how utterly ridiculous ...more
Shreyas
May 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
'I Was A Teenage Bigfoot' (The Dresden Files #7.2) by Jim Butcher

★★★★/5.
Julianna
Dec 01, 2016 is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
Reviewed for THC Reviews
When reading anthologies, I usually pick up one novella here and there to fill in gaps between longer books and rarely read them straight through. With that being the case, I've decided to post reviews of each story as I finish it. Reviews on the remaining novellas and the overall book rating will be forthcoming.:-)

I Was a Teenage Bigfoot by Jim Butcher - I Was a Teenage Bigfoot is a novelette in the Dresden Files series that takes place around the same time as the fu
Sandy S
Dec 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
4 stars

V PLATES is a short story found in the anthology BLOODLITE III: Aftertaste. A book with approximately 30 short stories by authors such as Kelley, Sherrilyn Kenyon and Jim Butcher, Bloodlite III is a publication from the Horror Writers Association. And since we have been focusing on some of Kelley Armstrong’s Women of the Otherworld novels, V Plates is a rather interesting look at Nick’s new -found attempt at fatherhood.

In the novel Frostbite, we are introduced to 3 new characters werewolv
Critique de Book
Jul 29, 2012 rated it liked it
Title: Blood Lite III: Aftertaste
Author: Anthology
Genre: Horror
Publisher: Pocket Books (May 29, 2012)
Available: $7.99
Rating: 3 stars
Rater: Lauri

From the publisher:
Sink your teeth into a smorgasbord of macabre morsels laced with horrific humor in this all-new Blood Lite collection! Whether you shriek with laughter or scream in fear . . . well, that’s simply a matter of taste.

What I liked: I love horror, and bought this book to read during my recent travels. And some of the stories are great. Ji
Jenn
Feb 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Another awesome representation from The Horror Writers Association. This novel includes some of the hippest paranormal writers of our present era: the dearly-departed LA Banks, Jim Butcher, Kelley Armstrong, Jeff Strand, Heather Graham and Sherrilyn Kenyon. There are also quality stories from many unknown authors as well. I have a tendency to skip stories that don't hold my interest and I am happy to say that I read every single tale in here. There were quite a few that made me laugh out loud wh ...more
Kat
Feb 13, 2012 rated it really liked it
Basic Premise: This short story collection asks contributors to combine horror and humor in their stories.

AWESOME, AWESOME, AWESOME!!!

I don't think I've ever read a better batch of short fiction. From start to finish, all of the stories were excellent. There were only a few authors on the list that I recognized (Jim Butcher has a Dresden short here), but that really didn't affect any of the quality. I teetered on giving this book five stars because it impressed me so much.

I'd review individual s
Riju Ganguly
Aug 23, 2014 rated it it was ok
I had bought this book ONLY for the story of Jim Butcher, that hadn’t been published anywhere else. As luck happens, except that story, and one by Kelly Armstrong, and a classic one from the golden oldie Mike Resnick, rest of the stories were unadulterated crap. Somebody needs to drop the editor (and half of these authors) into the world of Lizzie Borden, and after providing said strong-willed heroine with a sufficiently sharp & hefty axe, let things take their own (and undoubtedly hilarious, fr ...more
Melodie
Apr 05, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-2015
I am done with these anthologies after this! Giving it 2 EXTREMELY generous stars solely on the merit of the first story, I WAS A TEENAGE BIGFOOT, by Jim Butcher. Love me some Harry Dresden and Butcher has the art of the short story down to a science. He KNOWS how you do it. Quite obviously, most of the other people who contributed to this book..DON'T! Have no idea how many of these stories I started and just had to give them up because they were SO bad! Don't waste your time!
Tricia
Apr 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
I was a teenage Bigfoot / Jim Butcher read in Working for Bigfoot

V plates / Kelley Armstong - a fun story about Nick and the trouble his is getting himself into playing father figure to two teenage werewolves
Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁ Rabid Reads-no-more
Otherworld Stories 10.5, V Plates

Nick, Reese, and Noah short in which Nick and Reese take Noah to a "brothel" to lose his "V Plates." Let me just say it doesn't work out . . .
Lynda
Oct 08, 2016 rated it liked it
I had already read the Harry Dresden story. I enjoyed most of the rest. As in most anthologies, some were better than others.
Pam Winkler
Oct 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
I Was a Teenage Bigfoot by Jim Butcher was good; I always like Jim Butcher's stuff.
Blood-Red Greens by Joel A. Sutherland was ok.
V Plates by Kelley Armstrong was pretty interesting.
Put On a Happy Face by Christopher Golden was good and definitely more horror than humor.
Devil's Contract by E.S. Magill was amusing.
Nine-Tenths of the Law by Eric James Stone was amusing, I liked it a lot.
Scrumptious Bone Bread by Jeff Strand was bizarre and good.
Let That Be a Lesson to You by Mark Onspaugh wa
Robert Scott
Actually only read 220 of 513 pages. The first story 'I Was a Teenage Bigfoot' and 'Close Shave' were entertaining and the latter definitely had that Mike Reznik touch. The Kelley Armstron story 'V Plates' was amusing, but the general theme as well as all the other stories concentrated on zombies, ghosts, demons, and other paranormals. The problem was the concentration on gore and death with little else to recommend it.
David Caldwell
This is a collection of 30 urban fantasy stories usually with a lighter atmosphere than your normal urban fantasy story.

First up is Jim Butcher's I Was a Teenage Bigfoot.Harry Dresden checks in on the teenage son of Bigfoot(please don't call him a squatch)when he becomes ill mysteriously.

Even a zombie apocalypse won't stop these old golfing buddies from playing a round in Blood-Red Greens by Joel A. Sutherland.

Nothing could go wrong taking 2 teenage werewolves to a brotel,could it? Find out i
Travines
May 21, 2020 rated it liked it
Aftertaste is a collection of whimsical horror short stories. It was a pleasant read. My favorite stories were the Jim Butcher (it made me want to get back to reading the Harry Dresden series), the Jeff Strand, the Mike Baron, the Daniel Pyle, the Heather Graham and am interest in checking out the Kelley Armstrong series.
B.
Aug 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
A fun read. These compilations get better over time, and Anderson did a great job finding stories that worked well together and were lighthearted and fun. I was able to take my time with this book in a way that I haven't in a long time and really sit back and enjoy the ride.
Katie
Dec 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great collection. Nice mix of sci-fi, fantasy and horror running the range from light hearted to the darker spookier side. As always, I liked some stories more than others but there weren’t any that I even considered skipping. Well worth it!
Diane
Jun 23, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I didn't read all of it. Just the Jim Butcher short story.
Patrick
Jun 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
I'm a sucker for the Bigfoot stories.

They're simple, yet fun.
Doris Raines
Feb 03, 2020 rated it liked it
NICE BOOK.
Saraj Goldberg
Feb 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
I love most of the authors, the writing is good, just not into zombies
May 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
I bought this because Jim Butcher and Kelley Armstrong were contributors, but can say that most of the stories were wonderful. I enjoyed it and will follow up on several of the authors.
Kathryn Baron
Jun 09, 2020 marked it as to-read
I Was a Teenage Bigfoot ***
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Dresden Files: I was a Teenage Bigfoot 6 122 Jun 02, 2012 06:11PM

• My Big Fat Supernatural Wedding
  • Under My Hat: Tales from the Cauldron
  • My Big Fat Supernatural Honeymoon
  • Restoration of Faith (The Dresden Files, #0.1)
  • Many Bloody Returns
  • Vignette (The Dresden Files, #5.5)
  • Mean Streets
  • Hex Appeal
  • Strange Brew
  • Backup (The Dresden Files, #10.4)
  • Naked City
  • Shadowed Souls
  • Urban Enemies
  • Love Hurts (The Dresden Files, #11.5)
  • Dark and Stormy Knights
  • Straight Outta Tombstone
  • Mike (The Dresden Files #9.5)
  • Working for Bigfoot (The Dresden Files, #15.5)
Yes, I have a lot of books, and if this is your first visit to my amazon author page, it can be a little overwhelming. If you are new to my work, let me recommend a few titles as good places to start. I love my Dan Shamble, Zombie P.I. series, humorous horror/mysteries, which begin with DEATH WARMED OVER. My steampunk fantasy adventures, CLOCKWORK ANGELS and CLOCKWORK LIVES, written with Neil Pear ...more

The Dresden Files (1 - 10 of 17 books)
  • Storm Front (The Dresden Files, #1)
  • Fool Moon (The Dresden Files, #2)
  • Grave Peril (The Dresden Files, #3)
  • Summer Knight (The Dresden Files, #4)
  • Death Masks (The Dresden Files, #5)
  • Blood Rites (The Dresden Files, #6)
  • Dead Beat (The Dresden Files, #7)
  • Proven Guilty (The Dresden Files, #8)
  • White Night (The Dresden Files, #9)
  • Small Favor (The Dresden Files, #10)