Start by marking “Blood Lite III: Aftertaste (Blood Lite, #3; Otherworld Stories, #10.4; The Dresden Files, #6.5)” as Want to Read:
Blood Lite III: Aftertaste (Blood Lite, #3;  Otherworld Stories, #10.4; The Dresden Files, #6.5)

Blood Lite III: Aftertaste (Otherworld Stories #10.5 -V Plates)

3.78  ·  Rating details ·  1,483 Ratings  ·  137 Reviews
The third book in the hilarious and horrifying national bestselling anthology series from the Horror Writers Association--a frightfest of sidesplitting stories from such "New York Times" bestselling authors as Jim Butcher, Sherrilyn Kenyon, Heather Graham, L.A. Banks, Kelley Armstrong, and many more! Horror fiction explores the dark side of human nature, often pushing the ...more
Published May 29th 2012 by Gallery Books

To ask other readers questions about Blood Lite III, please sign up.
Recent Questions
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Mark
Jun 03, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I hope that admitting I bought this book just to read Jim Butcher's latest Harry Dresden short story doesn't make me a bad person. Besides, it's a Bigfoot story. I'll check out the other authors too.
Kathy Davie
Jun 29, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: funny, horror
Third in the Blood Lite series of humorous and/or creepy horror short stories.

Be sure to read the authors' bios at the end. There's one in particular that's an absolute riot!

Series:
"I was a Teenage Bigfoot" (Dresden Files, 7.25)
"V Plates" (Women of the Otherworld, 12.5???)

The Stories
Jim Butcher's "I was a Teenage Bigfoot" finds Harry Dresden checking on a friend's son in boarding school who is supposedly suffering from mono…hah! Still, Harry does find a friend.

This story is the first of a trilog
Cyn Armistead
This anthology is supposed to be humorous horror. I have a message for Kevin J. Anderson: grossness is not nearly enough for humor. I hope volume two was funnier (I haven't read it yet), but if it was as bad as this one, the series should have been a singleton.

The entire reason I skipped ahead to volume three is "I Was a Teenage Bigfoot" by Jim Butcher. Happily, it was worth reading. There was some humor, as is the case with all of the Dresden Files fiction. It wasn't the funniest of Butcher's s
bella
Jun 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I'm not one for short stories. Usually I buy anthologies to read one or two stories in them. Usually its one of my favorite authors with their favorite series (in this case Jim Butcher and his Dresden files series) and I will put the rest of the stories away for a rainy day.

When Jim Butcher joked on April Fools Day about a bigfoot series, I got excited even though I knew it was a April Fools Day joke. Luckily for his avid readers it is going to be a short story series, with the first being relea
Cathy (cathepsut)
Dec 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2015
Werewolves with an unusual problem, an old-fashioned solution and unusual side effects. Liked the plot. Makes me want to pick up the original series again.

Part of the Led Astray short story collection.
Amy
Jul 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Ok, I admit that I only read the short story by Jim Butcher. It was a great story and did not disappoint. I loved the Bigfoot characters! I am sure I will get around to reading the other stories soon. I will come back and amend my review at that time.
Barbi Faye (The Book Fae)
Jun 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
Recommended to Barbi Faye (The Book Fae) by: Cover
Woot! Five and a half stars! I am just so enchanted with these short horror stories with a dark sense of humor. I love them. This has been the second book I have enjoyed so far. I have really liked "V Plates" by Kelly Armstrong, of course her story has a wolfy vibe! "Mannequin", by Heather Graham; two couples attempt to spend the night in a haunted locale, especially after one of them is proven sensitive and psychic. Supernatural fun abounds!! "Smoke and Mirrorballs" shows how utterly ridiculous ...more
Julianna
Dec 01, 2016 is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
Reviewed for THC Reviews
When reading anthologies, I usually pick up one novella here and there to fill in gaps between longer books and rarely read them straight through. With that being the case, I've decided to post reviews of each story as I finish it. Reviews on the remaining novellas and the overall book rating will be forthcoming.:-)

I Was a Teenage Bigfoot by Jim Butcher - I Was a Teenage Bigfoot is a novelette in the Dresden Files series that takes place around the same time as the full
Sandy S
Dec 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
4 stars

V PLATES is a short story found in the anthology BLOODLITE III: Aftertaste. A book with approximately 30 short stories by authors such as Kelley, Sherrilyn Kenyon and Jim Butcher, Bloodlite III is a publication from the Horror Writers Association. And since we have been focusing on some of Kelley Armstrong’s Women of the Otherworld novels, V Plates is a rather interesting look at Nick’s new -found attempt at fatherhood.

In the novel Frostbite, we are introduced to 3 new characters werewolv
Critique de Book
Jul 29, 2012 rated it liked it
Title: Blood Lite III: Aftertaste
Author: Anthology
Genre: Horror
Publisher: Pocket Books (May 29, 2012)
Available: $7.99
Rating: 3 stars
Rater: Lauri

From the publisher:
Sink your teeth into a smorgasbord of macabre morsels laced with horrific humor in this all-new Blood Lite collection! Whether you shriek with laughter or scream in fear . . . well, that’s simply a matter of taste.

What I liked: I love horror, and bought this book to read during my recent travels. And some of the stories are great. Ji
Jenn
Feb 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Another awesome representation from The Horror Writers Association. This novel includes some of the hippest paranormal writers of our present era: the dearly-departed LA Banks, Jim Butcher, Kelley Armstrong, Jeff Strand, Heather Graham and Sherrilyn Kenyon. There are also quality stories from many unknown authors as well. I have a tendency to skip stories that don't hold my interest and I am happy to say that I read every single tale in here. There were quite a few that made me laugh out loud wh ...more
Kat
Feb 13, 2012 rated it really liked it
Basic Premise: This short story collection asks contributors to combine horror and humor in their stories.

AWESOME, AWESOME, AWESOME!!!

I don't think I've ever read a better batch of short fiction. From start to finish, all of the stories were excellent. There were only a few authors on the list that I recognized (Jim Butcher has a Dresden short here), but that really didn't affect any of the quality. I teetered on giving this book five stars because it impressed me so much.

I'd review individual s
Riju Ganguly
Aug 23, 2014 rated it it was ok
I had bought this book ONLY for the story of Jim Butcher, that hadn’t been published anywhere else. As luck happens, except that story, and one by Kelly Armstrong, and a classic one from the golden oldie Mike Resnick, rest of the stories were unadulterated crap. Somebody needs to drop the editor (and half of these authors) into the world of Lizzie Borden, and after providing said strong-willed heroine with a sufficiently sharp & hefty axe, let things take their own (and undoubtedly hilarious ...more
Melodie
Apr 05, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-2015
I am done with these anthologies after this! Giving it 2 EXTREMELY generous stars solely on the merit of the first story, I WAS A TEENAGE BIGFOOT, by Jim Butcher. Love me some Harry Dresden and Butcher has the art of the short story down to a science. He KNOWS how you do it. Quite obviously, most of the other people who contributed to this book..DON'T! Have no idea how many of these stories I started and just had to give them up because they were SO bad! Don't waste your time!
Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁ Rabid Reads-no-more
Otherworld Stories 10.5, V Plates

Nick, Reese, and Noah short in which Nick and Reese take Noah to a "brothel" to lose his "V Plates." Let me just say it doesn't work out . . .
Lynda
Oct 08, 2016 rated it liked it
I had already read the Harry Dresden story. I enjoyed most of the rest. As in most anthologies, some were better than others.
Pam Winkler
Oct 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
I Was a Teenage Bigfoot by Jim Butcher was good; I always like Jim Butcher's stuff.
Blood-Red Greens by Joel A. Sutherland was ok.
V Plates by Kelley Armstrong was pretty interesting.
Put On a Happy Face by Christopher Golden was good and definitely more horror than humor.
Devil's Contract by E.S. Magill was amusing.
Nine-Tenths of the Law by Eric James Stone was amusing, I liked it a lot.
Scrumptious Bone Bread by Jeff Strand was bizarre and good.
Let That Be a Lesson to You by Mark Onspaugh wa
David Caldwell
This is a collection of 30 urban fantasy stories usually with a lighter atmosphere than your normal urban fantasy story.

First up is Jim Butcher's I Was a Teenage Bigfoot.Harry Dresden checks in on the teenage son of Bigfoot(please don't call him a squatch)when he becomes ill mysteriously.

Even a zombie apocalypse won't stop these old golfing buddies from playing a round in Blood-Red Greens by Joel A. Sutherland.

Nothing could go wrong taking 2 teenage werewolves to a brotel,could it? Find out in V
Tricia
Apr 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
I was a teenage Bigfoot / Jim Butcher read in link Working for Bigfoot

V plates / Kelley Armstong - a fun story about Nick and the trouble his is getting himself into playing father figure to two teenage werewolves
Brandi
Aug 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
A fun read. These compilations get better over time, and Anderson did a great job finding stories that worked well together and were lighthearted and fun. I was able to take my time with this book in a way that I haven't in a long time and really sit back and enjoy the ride.
Skye
Mar 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
I bought this book because it had two short stories from series that I’m reading. And then I figured that since it was an ebook, it was a good one to read before bed, instead of keeping my partner awake with the bedside lamp on. I’m still not sure of how I feel about this collection. It was certainly an easy read, but maybe not one that I will pick up again in a heart beat.

One of the things I really enjoyed about this book is the variety of tones and feelings that you can find throughout. Some s
Chelsealuv Krigbaum
Mar 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Jim Butchers, A teenage Bigfoot story ❤ ...more
Lynn
Today's post is on 'Blood Lite 3: Aftertaste' edited by Kevin J Anderson. It is published by Pocket books which is an imprint of Simon & Schuster. It is 513 pages long with 30 authors contributing to the stories. The intended reader is adult and young adult horror lovers but most of the stories are funny with horror elements. There Be Spoilers Ahead.

From the back of the book- Sink you teeth into a smorgasbord of macabre morsels laced with horrific humor in the all-new Blood Lite collection!
Linda
Feb 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I only read Jim Butcher's contribution and that deserves those 5 stars
Susan
♦"I Was a Teenage Bigfoot" Jim Butcher (Harry Dresden) re-read in Working for Bigfoot 4/27/2015 re-read aloud to Lisa 9/24/2015
"V-Plates" Kelley Armstrong (werewolves of the Otherworld) RE-read 8/14/2015 (collected in Led Astray)

"Blood-Red Greends" Joel A. Sutherland (Zombies + golf)
"Put on a Happy Face" Christopher Golden
"Devils Contract" E.S. Magill
"9/10 of the Law" Eric James Stone
"Scrumptious Bone Bread" Jeff Strand ("I'll grind your bones to make my bread)
"Let That Be A Lesson To You" Mark
Emily Leathers
Picked this up for the Harry Dresden story. Horror really isn't my thing, so you should take all of my ratings with a grain of salt.

Jim Butcher's I was a Teenage Bigfoot - Nothing special. Just had something lacking, perhaps because it was so very short that Butcher didn't have time to pull together his usual interesting mesh of story. Still, I enjoyed getting to meet River Shoulders and Irwin again (the only reason this gets a 3 (okay) instead of a 2 (don't bother). (3)

Joel A. Sutherland's Bloo
Lindsey Goddard
Aug 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
Blood Lite III is a great collection of humorous horror, absolutely PACKED with fiction (30 stories in all!) Some of my favorite were:
Blood-Red Greens by Joel A. Sutherland. This story follows two senior golf buddies who take their weekly golf game VERY seriously, even after the zombie apocalypse.
Put On A Happy Face by Christopher Golden. Exploring the dark side of the circus, this clown story will give you the heeby jeebies.
The Great Zombie Invasion of 1979 by J.G. Faherty. Great characterizat
"Making the Cut" Mike Resnick Lezli Robyn
"Acknowledgements" Will Ludwigse
Denise
Jun 23, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's probably not fair if me to review the whole hook when I only read two of the stories in it, but let me review those two stories for you. The first, "V Plates" by Kelley Armstrong was very entertaining. I prefer short stories where the characters are those I already know and have some connection with. This story fits that criteria beautifully. I knew each of the characters and already like them. The poor, young werewolf being peer-pressured into losing his virginity and ending up at a brothe ...more
Dresden Files: I was a Teenage Bigfoot 6 108 Jun 02, 2012 06:11PM
  • Under My Hat: Tales from the Cauldron
  • Evolve 2: Vampire Stories of the Future Undead (Otherworld Stories #10.1)
  • Hex Appeal (Phoenix Chronicles; The Shadowfae Chronicles, #4.5; Kate Daniels, #5.6; The Dresden Files, #11.9)
  • Subterranean: Tales of Dark Fantasy 2
  • Love Hurts (The Dresden Files, #11.5)
  • A Fantasy Medley (Otherworld Stories, #9.2; Crown of Stars, #7.5; Realms of the Elderlings)
  • Kitsunegari (Otherworld Stories, #9.1)
  • Naked City: Tales of Urban Fantasy
  • Vampires: The Recent Undead
  • Our World (The Dresden Files Roleplaying Game, #2; The Dresden Files, #10.11)
  • By Blood We Live
Yes, I have a lot of books, and if this is your first visit to my amazon author page, it can be a little overwhelming. If you are new to my work, let me recommend a few titles as good places to start. I love my Dan Shamble, Zombie P.I. series, humorous horror/mysteries, which begin with DEATH WARMED OVER. My steampunk fantasy adventures, CLOCKWORK ANGELS and CLOCKWORK LIVES, written with Neil Pear ...more
More about Kevin J. Anderson

Otherworld Stories (5 books)
  • Men of the Otherworld (Otherworld Stories, #1)
  • Tales of the Otherworld (Otherworld Stories, #2)
  • Otherworld Nights (Otherworld Stories, #3)
  • Otherworld Secrets (Otherworld Stories, #4)
  • Otherworld Chills (Otherworld Stories, #5)

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• Off to Be the Wizard (Magic 2.0, #1)
  • Beneath the Shine
  • The Stepford Wives
    $9.74 $1.99
  • Time's Divide (The Chronos Files, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • The Long Earth (The Long Earth, #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Gilded (Gilded, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Infinity Lost (The Infinity Trilogy #1)
  • The Man of Legends
  • All the Breaking Waves
  • Fellside
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Timebound (The Chronos Files, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Banished of Muirwood (Covenant of Muirwood, #1)
  • Muirwood: The Lost Abbey: The Graphic Novel
    $7.99 $0.99
  • 2061: Odyssey Three (Space Odyssey, #3)
  • Alas, Babylon
    $9.74 $1.99
  • 3001: The Final Odyssey (Space Odyssey, #4)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Fractured (Guards of the Shadowlands, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • The Queen's Poisoner (Kingfountain, #1)
  • Zeroes
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Dreams and Shadows (Dreams & Shadows, #1)
    $9.49 $1.99
  • Touch of Eternity (The Curse #1)
  • Touch
  • Dragon Rider
    $5.99 $1.99
  • An Unwelcome Quest
  • EARTHCORE
    $4.99 $1.49
  • Luna: New Moon
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Traitor's Kiss (The Traitor's Circle, #1)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • The Void of Muirwood (Covenant of Muirwood, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dreadnought (Nemesis, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Dirty Magic (Prospero's War, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • A Plague of Giants (Seven Kennings, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • The Fire Queen (The Hundredth Queen, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Lies of Locke Lamora (Gentleman Bastard, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Red Knight Falling (Harmony Black, #2)
  • Star Wars: Thrawn
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Zoo City
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Wishing Spell (The Land of Stories, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Sanctum (Guards of the Shadowlands, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Unmasked (The Vampire Diaries: The Salvation, #3)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • Afterlife
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Unseen (The Vampire Diaries: The Salvation #1)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • The Dwarves (The Dwarves, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Dryad-Born (Whispers from Mirrowen, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Unbroken Line of the Moon (Sagan om Valhalla #4; Valhalla #1)
  • Blackfish City
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Supernatural: Bobby Singer's Guide to Hunting
    $8.49 $1.99
  • Silvern (Gilded #2)
  • Some Fine Day
  • Random Acts of Senseless Violence
    $15.99 $1.99
  • Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West (Wicked Years, #1)
  • Mystic (Mystic, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Almost Girl (The Riven Chronicles, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Spell or High Water (Magic 2.0, #2)
  • Uprooted
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Wormhole (The Rho Agenda, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Dragons of Nova (Loom Saga, #2)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Ciphers of Muirwood (Covenant of Muirwood, #2)