Start by marking “National Geographic Kids Almanac 2012” as Want to Read:
National Geographic Kids Almanac 2012

National Geographic Kids Almanac 2012 (Almanac)

Check out the world’s best-selling National Geographic Kids 2012 Almanac, No. 3 on The New York Times Best Sellers list for Children's Paperbacks. In the lively style of National Geographic Kids magazine, this colorful page-turner excites young people about their world and everything in it. The National Geographic Kids 2012 Almanac—also available in Canadian and Internatio ...more
Published May 24th 2011 by National Geographic Children's Books (first published June 26th 1904)

To ask other readers questions about National Geographic Kids Almanac 2012, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about National Geographic Kids Almanac 2012

Ashley Browning
Reviewed by: Ashley Browning

Format: Almanac

Item Title (APA Style):
National Geographic Society. (2012). National geographic kids almanac 2012. Washington D.C. : National Geographic.

Item Call Number:
AY81.J8 N38

Reviewed in:
McGuire, B. (2011). Reference. [Review of the periodical National geographic kids almanac 2012, by National Geographic Society]. Library Journal, 57(10):170. Retrieved June 16, 2012, from Academic Search Premier.

Description:
This almanac is a yearly periodical and includes fun
Kris
Nov 22, 2015 Kris rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
National Geographic Society. (2012). National geographic kid’s almanac 2012. Washington D.C.: National Geographic.

Reviewed by: Kris Grimm

Reference Type: Almanac

Call Number: Ref 031

ISBN: 978-1-4263-0784-3

Content/Scope: This almanac is written for students in grades 3-8. It contains information about a multitude of subjects. In addition to the “homework help” section there is a guide to writing letters, giving speeches and how to research. There is an interactive component in the utilization of QR
Amber Thompson
National Geographic Society (U.S.). (2011). National Geographic kids almanac, 2012. Washington, D.C: National Geographic.

Citation created by- Amber Thompson

Call Number- 317.3

Description- The almanac contains 351 pages with chiefly color illustrations and maps.

Content/ Scope- Provides the latest information on a wide range of topics including animals, culture, geography, the environment, history, and science.

Accuracy/Authority- National Geographic is a well resource for many children’s books.

Arr
Elizabeth Lamantia
Reviewed by: Elizabeth LaMantia
Format: Almanac

Item Title (APA Style):
Call number: J031.02 NATI 2012
Reviewed in: McGuire, B. (2011). NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC KIDS ALMANAC 2012. School Library Journal, 57(10), 88-89.
Price: $13.99
Description:
Book of facts and information from all around the world on varied topics. Also includes brainteasers, puzzles, maps and more.
Relevance and Relationsh
Bethany Richter Voight
National Geographic. (2011). National Geographic kids almanac 2012. Washington, D.C.: National Geographic.

Citation by Bethany Voight
Type of Reference: Almanac
Call Number: J031.02 NATI 2012

Scope: This almanac covers a variety of topics of interest to kids. Animals, adventure, culture, geography, etc. The table of content lists pertinent information under each topic. National Geographic is a highly reputable source for breathtaking images and information around the world. A nice feature is the “t
Elizabeth Mccord
National Geographic Society. (2012). National geographic kids almanac 2012.
Citation by: Elizabeth McCord
Type of Reference: Almanac
Call Number: J031.02 NATI 2012
Description: World’s Best selling Children’s Almanac. This book gives readers interesting facts about the world around them.
Relevance and Relationship: Previous editions have sold hundreds of thousands of copies. The Almanac is updated yearly and this edition has 40% new content.
Purpose: This book contains cool facts on various subjects.
Rebecca
Citation: National Geographic Society (Ed.). (2011). National geographic kids almanac 2012. Washington, D.C. : National Geographic.

Citation by: Rebecca Tabb

Call Number: J 032 Nati

Description: This almanac gives up to date information on a wide range of topics from science to history to animals.

Relevance and Relationship: This is an excellent addition to a library with no yearly almanacs available as reference resources.

Purpose: To give students a broad resource for research for a variety of topi
Pia
May 30, 2011 Pia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really like this book! It has exciting facts, and even a section with Freaky weather! This book is wonderful because you rarely find books that are educational AND fun to read. I was very excited to get home and start reading it after I picked it up from the bookstore. In fact, I was so excited I had to0 start reading it on the ride home! It is a HUGE book, so I haven't completely finished reading it, but I have skimmed through so many pages that I reckon I have read about half of it. Anyways, ...more
Anica
Dec 04, 2011 Anica rated it it was amazing
Shelves: juneau-4th-grade
I still get excited about the school book fair, and I went over my self-imposed limit of $10 to buy this book -- and it was worth every penny! She read it non-stop for days, even carried it back and forth to school. And I just found a picture she drew of herself reading it, with a bunch of other kids around her, asking to borrow it! (She could write/direct/star in their next commercial.) It is incredibly rewarding to see her enjoy something so educational!
Mas5thgrade2013
this was a pretty good book
- senorswedishfish
Kacie
Mar 21, 2013 Kacie rated it liked it
their was some good stuff and some funny stuff but some stuf wa boig but it was good!
Parker
Feb 23, 2014 Parker rated it it was amazing
I really like national geographic kids books so I chose this one.
Darkened Warrior {Stare into your Nightmare}
Fun things, but some things are boring in it.
Christopher
Dec 17, 2011 Christopher rated it it was amazing
Most of the information was in the 2010 almanac, but it had some new additions and cool facts. I look through it a lot and consult it for homework help and country's flags.
Mas5thgrade2012
It was soooo gooood
ETB
 M (Inactive because school)
This almanac is really fun! It helped me in my projects in school, and it taught me a million things as well! Really great for students!
Brian Wong
Sep 04, 2014 Brian Wong rated it it was amazing
Cool facts
Lindsay
Sep 24, 2011 Lindsay rated it it was amazing
This was a really pretty and colorful almanac!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
depletive
Nov 21, 2012 depletive rated it it was amazing
Awesome! This book was really deserving a 5 star rating. It had thorough scientific theories and even cultural science. Very interesting!
Alex
What are you currently reading?

Oh, the almanac. Nothing big.

I loved learning new things. Every time I flipped the page I would see something amazing or gross.
Connor
Dec 13, 2011 Connor rated it it was ok
Most of the information was in the 2011 almanac. I wanted all new information- hopefully the 2013 edition will be better.
Chelsea Lee
Chelsea Lee rated it liked it
May 06, 2012
Mimz
Mimz rated it liked it
Apr 02, 2013
Beatrice
Beatrice rated it it was amazing
Apr 23, 2012
Susan
Susan rated it liked it
Jun 30, 2014
Grzegorz
Grzegorz rated it liked it
Oct 07, 2013
Austin Bunton
Austin Bunton rated it really liked it
Nov 16, 2015
Colin
Colin rated it really liked it
Feb 13, 2012
Aarun
Aarun rated it it was amazing
Nov 08, 2011
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • TIME For Kids The BIG Book of Why: Answers to the 1001 Most Asked Questions
  • Summer of the Wolves (Sisters in All Seasons #1)
  • Scholastic Children's Dictionary
  • Runaway (Starlight Animal Rescue, #1)
  • Tripping Over the Lunch Lady: And Other School Stories
  • Just a Second
  • World War II
  • Nelson Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom
  • The Tale of the Mandarin Ducks
  • A Picture Book of Anne Frank
  • Live Writing: Breathing Life into Your Words
  • Frogs!
  • Horse Heroes (Magic Tree House Fact Tracker, #27)
  • Who Was Eleanor Roosevelt?
  • The Forgotten Pearl
  • Audrey Hepburn: An Intimate Portrait
  • Oh, Yuck! The Encyclopedia of Everything Nasty
  • The Dark Side of Nowhere
With more than 600 titles—including the popular Weird But True franchise and the New York Times Best Selling National Geographic Kids Almanac—National Geographic Kids Books is the recognized leader in nonfiction for kids. Published in 28 languages, NGK Books reaches approximately 85 million kids every year.

Offering K-12 educators resources that align to and support the Common Core State Standards,
More about National Geographic Kids...

Almanac (8 books)