Start by marking “The Billionaire Bum” as Want to Read:

The Billionaire Bum

A romantic comedy that will warm your heart and open your eyes.

Billionaire businessman Jackson Hayes finds himself in an awkward situation one night after making a crazy bet with his brother and business partner. Can he survive one week living like he’s homeless? What will he learn about life and love along the way?
Published (first published July 26th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about The Billionaire Bum, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Billionaire Bum

Elle (Ligia)
I don't even know how to rate this book.

I was intrigued by the cover of course, and the description. I know following books because of its cover ain't wise, but damn! Most of the time good covers equal good books. Not this time though.

It wasn't that the book sucked, per se. It just wasn't really good.

Which may or may not be the same as sucked? Hmmm…

At the beginning and for about 40% of it or so, it was fine. It wasn't the best writing I've ever come across, but it was passable. Not a wow plot ei
B. D. Mann
Feb 23, 2018 rated it it was ok
My favored genre is clean romance. I have read several “billionaire” romances with mixed results but decided to give this a try anyway because the premise was somewhat believable. I got my first turn-off very early when Jackson stumbles over a retired Vietnam vet who was sitting on the sidewalk. The first of many F-word expletives sprang from the page. I could, for the sake of reality, excuse vulgarity on the part of the vet, but Jackson was a highly educated, prominent member of society and had ...more
Molly Emma
Jul 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: bookboyfriends

Genre: Romance/ Chick-Lit
Did I like it?: Yeah, it was enjoyable
Did I like all the characters?: I did
Ending: HEA

This book was enjoyable, I guess. I liked Jackson and Alissa. It was a unique idea, I just don't enjoy fan-fiction turned into books. Especially Twilight ones(I was once a die-hard Twilight fan in my teen days, sigh). I laughed a couple-a-time but it took a random twist and I thought maybe it'd be a short, sweet comedy story but it turned into like a mystery game wh
Mell
Jan 25, 2012 marked it as fanfiction-oh-fanfiction
I found the broadly sketched-in characters and plot elements to be too implausible for me to really enjoy this story. The almost instant love and one dimensional characters -- not my taste.

I think the goal is for Jackson to have this great life-changing epiphany . . . instead, I was a bit offended by his short foray into the world of homelessness. Being homeless is not a lightweight topic, and it felt like the subject received lightweight treatment. Some of the challenges faced by homeless indiv
Katie(babs)
Jan 24, 2013 rated it did not like it
Shelves: p2p-fan-fiction
Used to be a Twilight fanfic called The Billionaire Bum by Deavlynn aka TwilightDarkness82.
Inn Auni
Jun 20, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
A billionaire was challenged by his brother to live like a homeless for one week. And he have to start that very moment. I was intrigued and can't wait to follow Jackson and his journey of maybe, self discovery. One advantage that Jackson had, he was smart.

So, with only 70 dollar, the first thing he knew he should do was look for a job. There was two option; bartender or dish washer and he chose the former. Unfortunately, he needed his social security info which of course he left at his penthou
Madhuri G
if only I can give it a negative rating.
some books should never be published, this falls into that category.
From the very first it's evident that it's a fanfiction. This author had written a fanfiction based on Twilight and later have published the book with the names changed.
Criticising this piece of so called Book is also hard.
With Multiple POV, and not so developed characters and their cringe worthy dialogues and Reactions., this is one book I wouldn't recommend anyone to read or to even hav
Chelsea
Feb 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I've read this book multiple times and absolutely love it! I love the evolution of the characters throughout the book. Definitely a great weekend, airport or overall light reading.
Michelle ♥ The Romance Vault ♥
I so wanted to give this more stars but I couldn't justify more than a three star. Don't get me wrong, it's a fun read but I got a little bit annoyed though that eveyone had a turn at their point of view, and I mean everyone - well actually I can't recall Alissa's dad having a spot but he is totally in the minority. I get why in some respects everyone had a POV but I thought it too much as some points of the story were gone over twice as we read each POV. I didn't feel the need to get into every ...more
~ Cariad ~
Dec 28, 2012 rated it liked it
This book could have been so much more, but it lost steam in the story and the sex scenes could have been written way, way hotter. (After one sex scene they just turned over and went to sleep - I could get that at home!!)

One of the stars I'm dropping was purely for the fact that they didn't discuss birth control or (as they were strangers) use condoms.

What a shame, as the premise was good, the writing wasn't bad, it just didn't hit the mark for me.
Bia
May 05, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
If you're looking for some distraction from the real world and the exausting working world, this could be the book. I work a lot during the week (and on some weekends) and every moment that I had left I was reading this story.
I don't want to give any spoilers from the book, but I pay more attention nowadays to the things I didn't know much about (it could be different here in Brazil, but the overview seems the same).
So, I really like it!
Rose
This would have been such a good book if it had been clean the entire way through. The first 70 percent or so is written like a clean romantic comedy, and then the author puts in this stuff that felt like it belonged in another book entirely! Aside from that glaring problem, this was a hilarious book with a serious undertone, a man finding strengths he was unaware of, which allow him to mature into the man he could be.
Christina Heckle
Oct 20, 2014 rated it did not like it

I thought this might be a cute funny little story. It's mostly just awkward. Everyone literally has a point of view (though it's not needed to further the story). The 'love' stories in it are just creepy. I mean you want this feeling to last forever between you and someone you met 2 hrs ago? And the plot.....hardly exists. I rolled my eyes so many times during the final chapters Mr. Grey would have had a field day.....
Amanda
Jul 03, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: indie-challenge
I'm not sure where this would fall under... chick lit, romantic, adventure. Either way is was a fun and easy read. Good for a day at the beach or just relaxing at home. Not complex and the characters were pretty straight forward. I could see this turning into a feel good movie. Nothing that I would go on and on about, but it was entertaining for a couple of hours.
Maaike
Sep 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
LOVED IT!

description

Jackson had me a all like

Gina Valdez
Jul 15, 2011 rated it it was ok
Finally finished this as I try and clean out my Kindle app. I think I got this book free or at a very low price and I am glad. The book started out with a very good storyline and then quickly turned into a very predictable plot. The characters were underdeveloped and I could not feel any true connection between them. I was not bored with this read but I am glad I am finished.
Laura's Book Addiction
Jul 08, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle
WOW so much better than I thought it would be. I love the likeable characters and was totally on the ride of the plot with them.
Laurent Dhellin
Jun 05, 2014 rated it liked it
Not a bad book , but nothing special to write about. A bit bland.
Denielle
This book was cute short and funny, perfect for my taste. There were some major downsides but it was worth it.
Caffenero
Jun 30, 2011 rated it it was ok
Summer chick-lit reading, nothing special, but also not so bad.
Read in a couple of hours
Selena Lang
Mar 13, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
This was a light-hearted, fun read that went fast. Just what I needed at this time. There was no real depth to it, but sometimes those types of books are perfect.
Jen
Aug 04, 2013 rated it did not like it
I know it was fiction but seriously?
MsRomanticReads
Dec 03, 2012 marked it as rewritten-twific

I read this while it was still a Twilight FanFic under the same title. It has a very simple and predictable plot.
 ♥ Suger Honey ♥
I loved this book it a short book but a very full story and the plot is excellent makes u swoon,think and laugh 4.5 stars
Samantha
Wasn't quiet sure when i read all the reviews but i absolutely loved it i would love for there to be a second one, there stunt in the jungle :)
Vim
Oct 21, 2012 rated it really liked it
A fast paced all nighter read for me. Books like these are the reason why I love celebrity and rich stories. They're oh so fun fun fun to devour! LOL
Dewi
Jun 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Fun. Light. Good book to spend some spare times.

Leanne
May 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing
The POV is a little different but it was a great read. It was fun and had me smiling all the way through.
Julz
Sep 12, 2012 rated it really liked it
great story! Great Laugh!
Monica
May 03, 2017 rated it it was ok
just a quick, somewhat uncomfortable read. I know it was fanfiction but I was hoping for a little bit more to be add.

• Once Upon A Temptation
  • Welcome to Drama Academy
  • A Multitude of Sins
  • Gilded Cage
  • Fourteen
  • Little Battles (Old Wounds, #2)
  • The Darkness of Perfection
  • Living Backwards
  • The Way That You Play It
  • Live In Position
  • The Golden Apple of Discord (The Discord Trilogy, #1)
  • Black and White
  • Cure For Pain
  • Cocktails and Dreams (Cocktails and Dreams, #1)
  • Life, Liberty, and Pursuit
  • Cat O' Nine Tails
  • Indivisible
  • Order of the Seers (Order of the Seers, #1)
Ms. Blair lives in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania with her loving husband and two cats. Her writing slows every fall with the start of the Steelers season before making an amazing rebound shortly after the Super Bowl. She has a full time career as a marketing director and website designer, but in her spare time she can frequently be found writing for the shear joy of it.

She and her husband enjoy traveli