Start by marking “The Eyes of Pharaoh” as Want to Read:
The Eyes of Pharaoh

The Eyes of Pharaoh

The Eyes of Pharaoh, 1177 BC: During the reign of Pharaoh Ramses the Third, Seshta, a 13-year-old dancer in the Temple of Hathor, dreams of becoming a famous entertainer. Horus, the brother of her heart, is content as a toymaker's apprentice. Reya, at 16, has joined Egypt's army with hopes of becoming a hero. Despite their different paths, nothing can break the bonds of ...more
Published February 24th 2017 by Spellbound River Press (first published June 3rd 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Eyes of Pharaoh, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Eyes of Pharaoh

Start your review of The Eyes of Pharaoh
Lelia Taylor
Aug 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: full-reviews
I've had a love affair with ancient Egypt for so long I can't remember how or when it started. When I had a chance to spend a week there in 1989, I found the modern country just as fascinating and wonderful and I'm sorry I'll probably never get back there, also sorry for the political troubles that plague those wonderful people. Anyway, I'm always delighted to read any fiction or nonfiction about Egypt, especially set in ancient times and The Eyes of Pharaoh hit just the right spot with me.

Most
Stacy Mozer
Feb 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: middle-grade
Take a step back into Egyptian time and right into a mystery. 1177 BCE - Seshta, a temple dancer, wants to win a dance contest so she can be recognized by the kingdom, but when her friend Reya goes missing, she and her other friend Horus must search the kingdom to find him. But what they find is bigger than a missing friend and could mean the end of ancient Egypt as they know it.
Elizabeth Varadan
Jan 15, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Awhile back I had the pleasure of reading a historical mystery by Chris Eboch, The Eyes of Pharaoh, set in ancient Egypt during the reign of Ramses the Third. This is a fast-paced adventure, with historical details that plunge you into the era, engaging characters that feel realistic, and tension that never lets up.

Thirteen-year-old Seshta is one of the young temple dancers in the Temple of Hathor. Her dream is to eventually leave the temple and become a renowned performer. Her two best friends
Annie Johnson
Jun 27, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The story moves quickly and is packed with adventure, action, culture, and history. It’s fun to read and to get to know the main characters. This book will be very appealing to young readers who have a particular interest in ancient Egypt and especially those readers who need a book that is more of a challenge to read. I imagine that this will be the perfect book for a tween or advanced younger reader once they’ve finished some lessons on the ancient Egyptians. This will be a great reinforcement ...more
Marcus Johnson
Feb 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ancient-egypt
This was a most enjoyeble story. It was short enough to read through in one evening, it had a good plot, and believeble characters. It was also honest and open about aspects of the Ancient Egyptian culture that many modern readers may not like, but it did not dwell on those. To me, this was the best Ancient Egyptian story I have come accross for a while, even if it is a children's book (and I'm no child, at 68).
Elena
I loved this book. I read it as an e-book and I literally couldn't put the Kindle down. Highly recommend it to anyone who loves a good mystery
Xerxes
Kate
Jan 18, 2019
Lisa Honeycutt
Nov 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An exciting adventure with great characters. It’s a great story, and the fact that it’s set in ancient Egypt adds to the mystery and excitement. Great page-turning read for adults and kids.
Chris Eboch
Mar 29, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Juan
Jan 09, 2017
Jasmin Kocaer
Mar 17, 2013
Summerbolling
Dec 27, 2016
Emily
rated it did not like it
Oct 06, 2014

• I, Juan de Pareja
  • The Gold Eaters
  • God King: A Story in the Days of King Hezekiah
  • Bloodchild
  • The Queen of Warriors  (Alexandra of Sparta Book 1)
  • The Blighted City (The Fractured Tapestry)
  • Sea Robber (Hector Lynch, #3)
  • The Pillars of Rome (Republic, #1)
  • King and Goddess
  • Dragon Lady
  • Sword of Betrayal
  • Thorns of a Black Rose
  • Origins: Song of the King's Heart
  • A Storm of Silver and Ash
  • Across the Great Divide: Book 1 The Clouds of War
  • Duchamp Versus Einstein
Chris Eboch writes a variety of genres for all ages. Advanced Plotting helps writers identify and fix plot weaknesses.

The Genie’s Gift is a lighthearted action novel. Shy Anise seeks the Genie Shakayak to claim the Gift of Sweet Speech. How will she get past a vicious she-ghoul, a sorceress who turns people to stone, and mysterious sea monsters, when she can’t even speak in front of strangers?

The