Start by marking “Finding Hollywood Nobody” as Want to Read:
Finding Hollywood Nobody

Finding Hollywood Nobody (Hollywood Nobody #2)

3.98  ·  Rating details ·  198 Ratings  ·  28 Reviews
Scotty Fitzgerald and her father search for Scotty's mother, who Scotty always thought was dead. Along the way they encounter new friendships, life-and-death situations, and God's amazing love.
Published October 6th 2010 by NavPress Publishing Group (first published February 7th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Finding Hollywood Nobody, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Finding Hollywood Nobody

Jenna Anderson
This is book two in a four book series. I probably won't pick up the last two. I enjoyed book one and liked the voice of Scotty, the homeschooled, teenage, RVing main character. It was something different and refreshing.

In this book there was just more of the same - exactly the same type of setting, characters, and occurrences. There were also a couple of storyline items that were completely unbelievable and very distracting.

I may read the reviews for books three and four that boast spoiler al
Christy
Mar 25, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
**I'm going to be mentioning things from this book as well as the previous book in the series, Hollywood Nobody, so be aware that you may come upon a spoiler or two.**

To be perfectly honest, I was a little hesitant to read the next book in the Hollywood Nobody Series. I read book one, and while I loved the opening and Scotty's fun sense of humor, I just wasn't crazy about the religious portions of the book (more on that later). But I'm a firm believer in giving an author a second chance, so I pl
Monika
May 09, 2011 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: preteen girls
Recommended to Monika by: NavPress Blogger Review
Shelves: ya
Teen girl Scotty, Samson's protagonist in this young adult series for girls, is on the run with her hippie grandma, Charley, from a mysterious stranger. Charley designs food for movies, so Scotty is in on the Hollywood scene even as they travel for movies shot on location. She blogs the latest gossip and tries to keep her head on straight despite her crazy RV-living life.

The average reader of this book is probably a young woman, 11-14 years old, who has grown up in a Christian home if not Chris
Holly
Apr 12, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-2011

In Finding Hollywood Nobody you meet, Scotty, who is now 16, and discovering huge things about her family. As she travels to Texas in this book she discovers new friends, and a faith she is unacquainted with.
After the reading the first book in the 'Hollywood Nobody' series I was a skeptic that I might enjoy the second book available. I was surprised though to find that this was a really entertaining book! It's a young adult series, but I still enjoyed it otherwise.
I think the book tries to add
Ruth
Feb 02, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Scotty's headed for a new film shoot with Charley, her grandmother the foodstylist, but while some things never change - like Hollywood stars and the pitfalls of fame - Scotty refuses to accept the status quo for her life any longer. Since discovering the truth about Charley and her parents, Scotty's tired of running - she wants the truth and she wants answers - and a little bit of normalcy would be nice. She breezes into town, quickly makes new friends, has an insatiable thirst for knowledge, a ...more
Norma
Apr 03, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the second book in the Hollywood Nobody series. I already did a review on the first book, Hollywood Nobody.

Once again, I read this entire book in one sitting. I just could not put it down.

In the last book we are left off with Scotty and Charley being chased down by Biker Guy. We are unsure of who he is, but we have an idea of why he is chasing after them. This book you will have that one blown wide open. And let me tell you, I was surprised.

Scotty befriends a girl her age named Grace. S
Michelle
This is the second book in the series, and while you can read it as a stand alone, I would recommend reading the first book first. It really sets you up for what happens in the second book.

I adore Scotty and her view of the world. I also loved seeing her deal with stressful situations and learning the power of prayer. She is a genuine teen and she cares about people, and because you are in her head you can see what she is thinking and feeling. Scotty continues to blog about the "scoop" regardin
Jill Williamson
Nov 03, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
In Lisa Samson’s Finding Hollywood Nobody, Scotty and Charley head to Marshall, Texas where Jeremy is directing a horror film. Horrifying to Scotty is that actress, Karissa Bonano, has the lead. While Charley mass produces food for the set, Scotty explores her new surroundings as usual, befriending the locals who teach her a little bit about the power of prayer. She looks forward to Seth Haas’ visit, but Biker Guy is nearby, which sets everyone on edge. Scotty is tired of living in fear and look ...more
Shelly♥
May 16, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: year-2011, 2015
Love the Hollywood Nobody Series. Scotty is on the road in Texas this time, still on the run to some sense. She continues on her journey of self-discovery and faith, running into interesting and helpful characters along the way. But who is the man following her, and what will she discover about her mysterious past if he finds her? Is it life and death????

This is a supurb Christian Teen Series. With each book, lead character Scotty not only learns more about her life, but about her relationship w
Molly
Apr 27, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is one of those books you either dig or you bury.

It’s a happy, hippie teen read about fifteen-year-old Scotty and her grandmother Charley who are moving from one movie set to another in a trailer trying to live as much of a normal life as they can while evading a killer out to get them. A lot of it is written diary-style by Scotty, the conversational tone balancing out the grave plot twists.

Scotty is hardly the typical teen: she’s raised to think Charley is her mother, discovers the truth t
Briard
Mar 17, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2008
Reactions:
This down to Earth novel seemed to have a slow start to me and I thought I wouldn't like it, but then again, I was trying to start it while I was at work with the noise coming from everywhere. Once I got to my room and my bed and my solitude, I loved it! I mean I finished it in a little over 24 hours! It was funny and silly and it had God!

It's set in present day USA with a girl my age named Scotty... It's a long name that's all I say. Her grandmother is a food stylist for movies and
Tamara Tilley
Apr 26, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
FINDING HOLLYWOOD NOBODY by Lisa Samson is the second book in the Hollywood Nobody series. We follow Scotty as she travels to yet another movie set, makes new friends, and yearns to have the secrets of her past put to rest so she can live a normal life.

Continuing in its unique blog/diary writing style, FHN is a great teen novel. Though I have a hard time reading a book with this form of pacing, I once again found myself being able to move pass the method of writing and enjoy the quirkiness of th
Dianna
Dec 21, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Scotty and Charley are on the move again. This time they are headed to Marshall, Texas to another one of Jeremy’s films. While staying in town Scotty makes new friends. She learns about herself and God, which wasn’t really what she planned, but she’s happy for it. She even learns more about her family, things get better for her in Charley. Biker Guy is still chasing them but Scotty is tired of running away.When she finally confronts him what could be the result?

I really did like this book, it sh
Margaret Chind
Mar 08, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Young Adults, anyone really who is in the mood for finding love and living life
Recommended to Margaret by: FIRST
I honestly could not put this book down! Previously, I really enjoyed the prequel to this Hollywood Nobody, and even without that background I still think this would have been just as enjoyable. Scotty is such a character and there is no way that someone cannot just fall in love with her. I cannot wait for the next Romancing Hollywood Nobody. Lisa Samson has truly won my heart over with her work and I will definitely look forward to her in the future. I already have Embrace Me and the novel ...more
When I downloaded the first book in this series as a freebie for my Kindle, I didn't realize that it was Christian fiction (that was before I learned to look at the tags, because A LOT of the Kindle freebies tend to be from Christian publishers). The first one wasn't terribly overt, either, so I didn't realize it was Christian-based until I got into the second book. Each one has gotten progressively preachier, which is not my cup of tea. I only got them so that I could see what happens to Hollyw ...more
Ginnie Grant
Jan 26, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Once again, scotty is so adorably unique she can't fail to win you over. It dragged a little around the middle but that beautiful ending really made up for it. While I suspected Grammie and Grampie might in fact be scotty's paternal grandparents, the rest of the ending really got me. I cried like a baby. can't wait to see where she goes with the rest of this series
Katherine
Mar 26, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Such a major disappointment after reading the first novel in the Hollywood Nobody series. The first one was charming and entertaining with a great story, quirky main character and even a little mystery thrown in. This one was about 5% actual story and 95% about finding Jesus. If I had wanted to read that kind of novel, I would have chosen to do so.
Wmd9800
Nov 24, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: youth-fiction
I love Christian books that are not so obviously Christian. But they still impart good messages.

Some parts of this are a little unrealistic, but it's fiction, not real life. I guess I get enough real life in my real life.
Khadija
Jun 21, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
love this book.i cant wait to pick up the next book.i'm so happy it introduces us to who biker guy was.some of the people ended up being who i thought they where.love the ending.I believe its a love-able book. with a love-able girl. READ IT TODAY!
Cookielover
Oh, to be Scotty.
This is the second book for this series and it follows our quirky character Scotty-the lover of cheese. Even if you totally despise cheese like I do, you will like this book.
(Note: this book is not cheesy. Our character just loves cheese like I love junk food).
Victoria
Jan 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this. There were so many moments when I started thinking to myself," NO WAY!". Just so many story line jumps where it just flips your world upside down. Scotty is an amazing character. This was a book I could really connect to. I loved it.
Kristi
Jan 05, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It took me until the end of this book to discover it is a Christian series. It was so subtle. Still a fun read. I like this girl. I wish I had her for a friend when I was 16.
Magma
Mar 30, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: chick-lit fans
very good book. Ms. Samson topped Hollywood Nobody with its sequel I think. can hardly wait for book3&4!
my mom and I really enjoy this series
Stormi (Books, Movies, Reviews. Oh my!)
Apr 27, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: teens
A great book for teenagers!
Cindyanne
Jul 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent read, and has a good ending (although I kind of figured it out from hints in the first book - no spoilers here!). Can't wait to continue the series!
JoJo Sutis
I absolutely love this series!
Vicki
Apr 18, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: lisa-samson
Not as good as the 1st in the series, but still a good read.
Erin T
Apr 23, 2013
Kait
Aug 14, 2008
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • The Fruit of My Lipstick (All About Us, #2)
  • Stealing Bradford (Carter House Girls, #2)
  • The Spring of Candy Apples (Sweet Seasons, #4)
  • Out with the In Crowd (The Reinvention of Skylar Hoyt, #2)
  • The Lion Vrie (The White Lion Chronicles #2)
  • Single Sashimi (Sushi, #3)
  • Motorcycles, Sushi & One Strange Book (Real Life, #1)
  • A Steal of a Deal (The Shop-Til-U-Drop Collection #2)
  • Never Ceese (Thirsting for Blood, #1)
  • Rematch (Lauren Holbrook, #2)
  • On the Loose (Katie Parker Productions, #2)
  • Perfectly Invisible (Universally Misunderstood, #2)
The Christy-award winning author of nineteen books including the Women of Faith Novel of the Year Quaker Summer, Lisa Samson has been hailed by Publishers Weekly as "a talented novelist who isn't afraid to take risks." She lives in Kentucky with her husband and three kids.

Also, published under the name L.L. Samson
More about Lisa Samson...

Hollywood Nobody (4 books)
  • Hollywood Nobody (Hollywood Nobody, #1)
  • Romancing Hollywood Nobody (Hollywood Nobody, #3)
  • Goodbye Hollywood Nobody (Hollywood Nobody, #4)

“Jesus, do you always show up like this, at the craziest of times and in the oddest of places? I sure hope so.” 3 likes
“Movie Jesus is a whole lot different from Bible Jesus” 1 likes