Start by marking “Noche de luna” as Want to Read:
Noche de luna

Noche de luna

3.81  ·  Rating details ·  463 Ratings  ·  34 Reviews
LA HIJA DEL VICARIO.
Obligada a abandonar su hogar en la vicaría, orgullosa y resuelta, Olivia Sherwood encuentra trabajo en Ravenwood Hall, donde preparan la llegada del nuevo conde, que ya está de camino. Desde el primer momento, Olivia se queda impresionada ante el gallardo galán de ojos oscuros y brillantes bajo la luna. Aunque sus orígenes están ensombrecidos por los
Published June 17th 2010 by Valery (first published December 1st 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Noche de luna, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Noche de luna

Catherine
I picked up this book because I was intrigued by the complications and character that could arise from the hero, Dominic, being half gypsy. I really like reading about gypsies in my historical romances. I like getting a deeper look at their culture and watching a hero (or heroine) move past their own prejudice and come to love someone so different from themselves.

I felt that I didn't really get as much as that as I was hoping to. Dominic did talk about being torn between two worlds, but I didn't
Lynsey A
I liked this one well enough. I'd probably give this a 3.5*. The story line was intriguing. I always enjoy stories with gypsies. I expected a bit more angst in this one but I still liked it. I enjoyed it perhaps because the heroine wasn't so annoying as in previous Samantha James books and because the hero and heroine weren't always fighting. There were several times where the hero jumped to the wrong conclusion about the heroine which was bothersome.

It just wasn't as dramatic as I thought it w
Ivy H
This hero was half Gypsy and so deliciously sexy ! His Gypsy mother's storyline was so sad as was his childhood. His aristocratic father was a snobbish Earl who had not felt much love for him but who had had no alternative heirs to whom he could leave his fortune and title. This part confused me a bit because I thought that bastard sons could not inherit their father's titles. In this case, the author stated that the father had the hero legitimized in order to inherit the title. The H had no lov ...more
Hart's Reader Group
This is another re-read from Samantha James. I read this, the first time, years ago. I remember liking it then. I still like it, but there are things that annoy me about it that didn't before.

The flip-flopping POVS (from heroine to hero and back again in the same scene), weepy heroine, ugly prejudice, and lack of real chemistry between the characters.

I probably won't read it for a fourth time...
Sorhija
Apr 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Found it on an used bookstore, this was a great read :))
Barbara ★
I enjoyed this though I wanted to smack both the hero and the heroine more than once. I particularly liked the romance between the heroine's sister, Emily and the gypsy, Andre much sweeter and more romantic than Dominic and Olivia. Dominic had a major ship on his shoulder and it got annoying after a while.
Quinn
May 07, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Historical romance lovers
Shelves: romance
Read it in two days! Had a hard time putting it down. I liked it a great deal. It didn't make me want to gag with oversweet affection. There was story besides the romance, and other important, explored characters. It lacked what I don't care for in other romances. I appreciate that!
Desi
Jun 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
leído en julio 2010

Me gustó!!
Donna
Dec 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is one of my very favorite books! It is a keeper and I have read it more than once over the years.
Rayane S.
Nov 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
O que dizer além de, quero um Dominic pra mim, sério! gostei do encontro entre eles, quando o personagem aparece pela primeira vez com Lucifer, seu cachorro. que cena. adorei.
A mocinha, Olivia, não é daquelas delicadas ou sem graça, tem uma personalidade e espirito forte, por isso gostei dela logo no inicio. Tem um forte senso de dever e responsabilidade com a sua irmã..Dominic, poderia ser frio, devido ao seu pai, mas tem mais caracter que todas as pessoas que o julgam. adorei como o relaciona
Nina
I really, really liked this book. At first I thought it would be similar to a few other romance novels Ive read, you know- innocent women, worldly and experienced man and the whole story concentrated on them.
But this book was a pleasant surprise.
These are a few reasons:
1. The story is not only concentrated on Olivia and Domenic but on Emily and her life too. What would have been more interesting though would be a romance novel with a blind woman as the main character.
Tell me if there some (well
Sep 09, 2010 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Cindy
Regency romance with sex. This is an old school romance from 1998.

I DO mean old school. The male lead is the half gypsy son of an Earl. His mother cursed his father that he'd never have another child, after he spurned her. Now he's back & everyone in the village hates him.

The female lead is the former Vicar's daughter, who must work at the "manor" to make ends meet. Her sister is blind, due to a fall from a horse & her father is murdered by.... you guessed it - a gypsy.

There's a seco
Mirjam
One moonlit Night is a likeable love story about the half Gypsy earl and a clurgyman's daughter. Unusual, but therefore definitely intriguing. I picked it up thinking it could be good, which it was for the most part. I think the character of Dominic was better worked out than that of Olivia. James definitely managed to convey the lost feeling of a man born from two worlds yet not fully belonging to either. I enjoyed reading their story and the secondary love story, Olivia's blind sister Emily an ...more
Syahira Sharif
Yes, I read this too fast. In fact, I've memorized the book so many times that it got stuck in my head. Samantha James was one of my favourite historical romance author when I was around 15 years old. I have all her books in a row and memorize each one of them. Funny huh? I think the story is very sweet and lovely.

Its about a half-gypsy half-english Earl who went back to his father's house after his father's death. He nearly hit Olivia (yay) with his carriage and he got curious with her. Some b
Michelle
When Dominic St. Bride comes to Ravenwood manor, it begins a most interesting story. From the beginning, we see how much the gypsies (Romany) people are mistrusted due to how different they are. That prejudice sets the tone for the entire novel and it plays an important role in how the main characters interact. James created some interesting characters and some rather annoying ones. The blind sister Emily drove me crazy. She was a constant irritant throughout the story. Overall, a nice little lo ...more
Rebecca (everyday reader)
Dominic was born as a bastard from a Gypsy and an Earl, and he has spent most of his life not knowing where he belongs. Olivia is the oldest daughter of a deceased vicar and his wife, and is now the sole support for her and her blind sister, Emily. Both of the girls fall for Gypsy men and get past their wariness of Gypsies to be with the men they love. Dominic finally finds his place with his countess, and Emily gets her sight back because of love. Great read!!
Black Queen
Jan 31, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The first time I heard about this book was when my friend whitney, was going on and on about this great book she was reading and I look at the cover and said this probably not a good book for me because I love reading nothing but vampires. So she told just try it one time you would fell in love with it, and sure enough I fell in love with it...:D
SandraE
Nov 28, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
A good book with well developed characters.
Samantha
Feb 27, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Loved it!
Julia Lanter
Gypsies, romance and a heroine who grapples with desire and duty.
Johanna
Nov 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Super sexy, adventurous read! Samantha James does not disappoint!
Feb 18, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good old fashioned Historical Romance written in the late 90's.
Michele Lacroix
I love Samatha James. I couldn't put this book down once I started it even though it is the same story of Half gypsy lord and local girl. It's worth reading.
This was a good book BUT I was more interested in the secondary love story between Emily and Andre than I was about Olivia and the Earl
Caroline Yamashita
May 05, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: gypsy
Amoooo ciganos!
Dominic não poderia ser diferente!
Apesar de todo o preconceito das pessoas com os ciganos naquela época, Olivia não resistiu a tanta tentação!
Sasha Martinez
I will return to discuss this book's failures, I swear on my first goldfish's grave.
Daneesha
Feb 09, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Review coming...
Ana
It's ok, not as spectacular as her other books. But it's a good enough to read for an afternoon or two.
  • The Sound of Snow
  • Till Next We Meet
  • The Portrait
  • My Heart's Desire
  • Always a Scoundrel (Notorious Gentlemen, #3)
  • Who Will Take This Man? (Regency, #1)
  • His Bride
  • How to Engage an Earl (Royle Sisters, #2)
  • The Runaway Princess (Princess #1)
  • Heiress in Love (Ministry of Marriage, #1)
  • Kisses, She Wrote (The Prince Catchers, #4)
  • Too Wicked To Love
  • Highland Promise (Sisters by Choice, #2)
  • Love With a Scandalous Lord (Daughters of Fortune, #3)
  • Dangerous to Hold (Dangerous, #3)
  • Maverick Heart
  • Bound by Your Touch
  • Wed Him Before You Bed Him (School For Heiresses #6)
Growing up in Joliet, Illinois, Samantha James had many childhood aspirations--being a writer was never one of them. When she was ten, she was certain she was destined to be an astronomer. That soon changed (happened a lot during those pre-teen years!) when she decided archaeology was in her future. Detective work was her next goal, thanks to the Trixie Belden mysteries she was reading, and before ...more
More about Samantha James

Romance Deals

• Hidden Secrets
  • Breath of Malice
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Kian (Undercover Billionaire, #1)
  • Greensleeves
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Everything We Keep (Everything #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • From Thin Air (A Black Swan Historical Romance, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Sweet Caroline (Lowcountry Romance #1)
  • All the Breaking Waves
    $4.99 $1.99
  • To Hope (The Broken Roads #5)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Royally Bad (Bad Boy Royals #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Royally Ruined (Bad Boy Royals #2)
  • The Finishing Touches
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Roses
    $11.99 $3.99
  • Accidentally in Love with...a God? (Accidentally Yours, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Splinter (Reliquary, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Claimed (Servants of Fate, #2)
  • Keeping You a Secret
  • The PMS Club
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gypsy (The Promised Land, #3)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Bodyguard (Hollywood A-List, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Willow (The Promised Land #1)
  • Mosaic (Reliquary #3)
  • The Lullaby Sky
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Secretly Hers (Sterling Canyon, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tycoon Takedown (Lone Star Burn, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Come High Water (A Black Swan Historical Romance, #3)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Before I Knew (The Cabots, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Paradise of Glass (The Glassblower Trilogy #3)
  • Trusting You & Other Lies
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Once Haunted, Twice Shy (Peyton Clark, #2)
  • The Pursuit of Tamsen Littlejohn
  • The Story of Beautiful Girl
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Lullaby Girl (Angie Pallorino, #2)
  • Say Goodbye for Now
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Bridged (Callahan & McLane, #2)
  • Love Is
  • The Unimaginable
  • The Hating Game
    $11.24 $1.99
  • Unbeautifully (Undeniable, #2)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • His Darling Bride (Echoes of the Heart #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Traitor's Kiss (The Traitor's Circle, #1)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Augusta (The Promised Land, #5)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Twisted Truth (Rogue Justice #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Morning Glory (Drifters & Dreamers, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Worth the Wait (St. James, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Best Friend's Ex (Binghamton #2)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • A Totally Awkward Love Story
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Charmingly Yours (Morning Glory, #1)
  • Sit! Stay! Speak!
  • In the Barren Ground
  • About the Night
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Violet's Wish (Oklahoma Land Rush, #2)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Exploited (Zero Day, #1)
  • About That Fling
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Promises to Keep (Love in Provence Book 2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Taken Home (Lone Star Burn, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hard to Handle (Caine Cousins, #2)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Austen Escape
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Garnet (The Promised Land, #4)
  • The Strawberry Hearts Diner
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Truth Be Told (Rogue Justice #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Born of Shadows (The League, #4)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • A Merciful Death (Mercy Kilpatrick #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • From Wine to Water (Angels & Outlaws, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Worth the Risk (St. James #3)
  • The Dove
  • The Ladies' Room
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Too Hot to Handle (Romancing the Clarksons, #1)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Accidentally Hers (Sterling Canyon, #1)
  • Kissing Max Holden
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Known (Bone Secrets, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Omega (Penton Legacy, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Taking Charge (Lone Star Burn, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Vanished (Callahan & McLane #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • As You Wish (A Summerhouse Novel)
    $12.01 $2.99
  • Love, Life, and the List
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Top Ten
    $9.00 $1.99
  • All the Lies We Tell (Quarry Road, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hidden (Bone Secrets, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seven Nights in a Rogue's Bed (Sons of Sin, #1)
  • The Ivy Tree
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Evening Star (The Drifters & Dreamers #3)
  • Daisies in the Canyon
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Claiming Felicity (Ace Security, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • All the Beautiful Brides (Graveyard Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Barefoot in the Rain (Barefoot Bay, #2; Barefoot Bay Universe, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Only You (Sweet Torment, #2)
    $4.49 $0.99
  • A Merciful Truth (Mercy Kilpatrick, #2)