Start by marking “Talk to Me” as Want to Read:
Talk to Me

Talk to Me

Radio producer Jamie MacMahon is in over her head with ex-hockey player-turned host Drew Milan. She’s attracted to the man who earned the nickname “the Beast” during his playing days from the moment they meet, but he’s her boss and she loves her new job. She’s made plenty of mistakes with men and loathes the thought of being yet another plaything for Drew, a man who sleeps ...more
Published October 14th 2015 by C-Squared Publishing LLC (first published March 22nd 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Talk to Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Talk to Me

It Had to Be You by Susan Elizabeth PhillipsSee Jane Score by Rachel GibsonNobody's Baby But Mine by Susan Elizabeth PhillipsThis Heart of Mine by Susan Elizabeth PhillipsNatural Born Charmer by Susan Elizabeth Phillips
Sports Romances
919 books — 1,702 voters
Driven by K. BrombergBeautiful Bastard by Christina LaurenBared to You by Sylvia DayFueled by K. BrombergReflected in You by Sylvia Day
Hottest Dirty Talk!
1,467 books — 3,005 voters

More lists with this book...

HeatherTX
Sep 03, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who enjoys dirty talkers!
This read is going on my favorite list! Talk to Me is a sexy hot read and seriously Drew is a master at dirty talking! What made this read even better for me is when he discovers that he has a fetish of the non sexual kind that is near and dear to me! No spoilers here, you'll just have to read it yourself. :)
Ronda  Tutt
Jun 16, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: erotic
Enjoyable little Hot Read!

First let me say that the explicit erotic scenes were truly outstanding and very well written to the point I could actually visualize each scene and due to that I plan on reading more of Cassandra Carr’s work. The story in itself was just ok for me, not that it wasn’t any good, it’s just I really don’t get into the male dominance role but for those who love that type of male than this book is perfect for you.

However, I can say that I felt the chemistry connection betw
Kristy
May 28, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2011
The story revolves around Jamie, the new producer for a NYC radio sports talk show, and Drew, a former professional hockey player and host of the sports talk show. Jamie is a new comer to New York - she’s gorgeous and perhaps a bit shy....and she has a fetish for great shoes! Drew is a hot hunk of a man....known as “the Beast”, and that moniker doesn’t necessarily refer to his behavior on the ice, either.

At first, Drew and Jamie keep their relationship completely professional. But they can’t fi
Baba
Morgan
Dec 15, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2-stars, 3-stars
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE REVIEWS AT READING, EATING & DREAMING

Talk to Me by Cassandra Carr was extremely good for it was: a hot, steamy read that was based on sex. Unfortunately, I was looking for a little bit more than that. Whether or not I’d recommend this novel depends entirely on what you’re looking for.

I recommend Talk to Me if you are looking for a smutty, steamy, mindless read.
I don’t recommend Talk to Me if you are looking for a riveting plot, an intense romance, or a strong emotiona
Fedora
Jan 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
Wow!

Cassandra Carr's Talk to Me is quite a hot story that at the core is a very sweet story about two people falling in love. Drew Milan is a husky-voiced former hockey star who now hosts his own radio show. Jamie MacMahon has just been hired as his show's producer.

When they first meet, each is struck by that mysterious bolt of attraction, but each also has reasons for wanting to pretend that attraction doesn't exist. Jamie's move to the big city was prompted in part by a failed relationship, an
Aimee
Jul 25, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2011
This was such an enjoyable read! I quickly grew attached to the characters and quickly had an invested interest in the outcome of their pending relations. It was a nice, fun, light read that kept me turning the page with no regard for time or responsibilities.

The story was interesting. I liked the idea behind the talk show. While I've read plenty of athlete related romances, this was a slightly different spin since Drew was retired and spent his time following hockey and doing anything hockey re
Angela
Jan 31, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This has got to be 1 of the worst books I`ve ever read. Boring, repetitive, uninspired, embarrassing, and ridiculous. There is absolutely no plot to it. What little money it cost on Kindle, still wasn`t worth it. I`d actually like to meet anybody who gave it more than 2 stars....Honestly ladies.... ...more
Carisa
Feb 18, 2013 rated it it was ok
Average everything.
SCENES/CONTENT: several/steamy
GENRE/TONE: contemporary/drama
LENGTH: 94 pages
Theresa
Jan 07, 2013 rated it did not like it
Jamie is needy as phuck with an inferiority complex and Drew is a stereotypical athlete. Both of them are delusional and deserve each other.
Sonja
Feb 18, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: smut, 2013
Man, the writing was awful, like being pounded on the head with simile after metaphor after simile telling me how incredible Drew and Jamie were together.
Iza
I'm not usually keen on rich guys seducing women and buying them stuff, dressing them up, etc, but I'll make an exception for that one. Plenty of steam and dirty talk ! Plus I really can understand a woman falling for a man's voice, works that way for me too :)
This was my first by Cassandra Carr, it won't be my last. Very recommended !
Jul 14, 2012 rated it really liked it
Drew is a leg man and Jamie has a great pair of legs. Jamie is blown
away by Drew's good looks and his voice that can melt a woman's panties.
Mmmm......

It was lust at first site for the two but since they have a working relationship they both try their best to fight their attraction.

After Drew was cheated on by his finance years ago, he decided to never be in another relationship. So he is gun shy about letting anyone get to close to hm. On the other hand Jamie is too fast to get close to peop
Cara Bristol
Jun 17, 2011 rated it it was amazing
The first time radio producer Jamie MacMahon and ex pro hockey player Drew Milan lay eyes on each other, the attraction is mutual and the heat instantly flares between them. But Jamie, who has a history of picking the wrong men, fears Drew could be the worst pick of all. Drew, nicknamed “The Beast” by his fellow players, has rightfully earned his love ‘em & love ‘em reputation so Jamie so is determined to hold him at bay no matter how much he flirts with her—or how much she wants him.

But af
Wicked Nyx
If you like dirty talk and a voice that is made for it, this book might be for you.

Jamie has made some bad decisions about men in the past, and is determined not to make the same mistakes again. She didn't count on meeting someone who turns her on just by speaking.

Drew, aka the Beast, had his heart crushed a decade ago and ever since has made sure keep all his relationships casual and short. He didn't count on meeting someone who makes him want to break all his rules, and suddenly he is obsessed
Julie
Oct 19, 2011 rated it really liked it
I loved this book, Cassandra Carr, did an excellent job, would recommend highly to anyone who loved their Erotic Fiction, our hero in this story is an ex hockey player who is now a radio DJ, who is a woman's man and the fact that he was a definite love em and leave em type, that turned it all around for love, made me not want to put the book down, Jamie our heroine is a radio producer who has major issues with love, she really wants the Beast (Drew our hero) but knows that he will just end up hu ...more
Shell
Jun 03, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Hot hockey player hero. ...... do I need to say more? Well, this book was smoldering hawt! Their sexy flirtations, sizzling heated sex in the office, and the heros fetish for footwear combine to make it near perfect. I say near perfect just because I think Cassandra could have tortured her hero just a little bit more and I was really hoping for some on ice action LOL. With that said however, the spicey scenes at the radio station, in the limo and every where else, totally make up for my little d ...more
Obsessed
Mar 26, 2011 rated it really liked it
A good story about a couple who, despite their personal demons, end up falling for each other. His voice turns her on. He fantasizes about the shoes she wears and how they make her legs look.

I found myself smiling when they had one of those "what did I do?!?" "You know what you did!" moments. (Forgive the punctuation. Quotation marks confuse me.)

My only complaint is that once he tells her that he wants a relationship with her, the story seems to pick up speed and race to the end. It was almost a
Kel
Jun 24, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone
This book had me hooked from the beginning. Jamie is a person I could relate to immediately. Ms. Carr did a fantastic job of expressing Jamie's emotions and feelings. With Drew, he is truly an all american man with a great big heart. I also enjoyed how Ms. Carr touched on the relationship between Jaime and her sister. How Jamie comes to realize what a huge impact her sister has on her. The way these two characters come face to face with their feelings was a journey I thoroughly enjoyed. This is ...more
Kim
Feb 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This is the first Cassandra Carr work I have had the pleasure to read, but it will certainly not be my last! From beginning to end, you're invested in the characters and what happens. Jamie is a fantastic heroine and Drew is friggin' hawt! The erotic scenes were intense and very detailed. A must read if you're into erotic romance.
Sassafrass

I'm a sucker for dirty talk, so I loved this one! I'm also a sucker for a caveman alpha, so I absolutely enjoyed watching Drew fall in love. My only complaint was that I thought the whole thing with Jamie's sister Allison was not very helpful to the story overall, and she annoyed me. Other than that, it was great!
Brenda
Jul 17, 2012 rated it really liked it
At first I thought this book was (as an erotic read) going to be more about sex than the story line. The story line though became more apparant as I read on and I was drawn into the story. The sex, yes it's there, but you do want to find out what is going to happen between the producer and the star of the radio show. I finished it quickly it was an easy read.
Bernadette
Feb 03, 2014 rated it it was ok
The story line for Talk To Me had so much potential. It was short, repetitive and a little hard to get into . Carr really needed develop her characters a bit more, need to fill pages with new insights, rather then repeat the same lust filled thoughts. I wouldn't recommend this, other than for a rewrite.
Amy
Aug 24, 2014 rated it liked it
It was okay. Slow to get going, and the two final chapters didn't do anything for me. It's about a retired hockey player who turned into a radio host, and he's interested in his new female producer. The misunderstandings that crop up from communication (or lack thereof) and the differences between the way men think vs. the way women think was very realistic.
Negar Arvanaghi
Apr 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
Verrry sexy. I liked how they talked to each other and got to know each other. It wasn't just about sex, although there was plenty of that. I also liked the addition of her sister Allison. It wasn't a book solely focused on two people, but it didn't cut away from them either.

I received a copy from the author in exchange for an honest review.
JoAnna
Jan 05, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2012
Cassandra Carr's Talk to Me is a good read. Finding love in the workplace is something I can relate to. Although my cubicle has never seen the action that radio studio has. I was tortured (in a good way, of course) while Drew learned to break the wall surrounding his heart.
Rebecca
Apr 27, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Babs
Mar 23, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Check out my review over at The One Hundred Romance Project

• Slap Shot (Hot Ice, #3)
  • Scoring Lacey
  • Don't Call Her Angel
  • Face-Off
  • One Man Advantage (Heller Brothers, #3)
  • Heart On Ice
  • Sweat Equity (Stewart Realty, #2)
  • Yes, Justin (Safe Word: Oasis, #1)
  • Long Time Coming
  • My One
  • Wicked Game
  • Hard and Fast
  • Thin Ice
  • Time Out
  • Snowbound
  • The Hot Streak
  • In It To Win It (Deadlines & Diamonds, #2)
  • The Game of Love
Cassandra Carr is a multi-award winning romance writer. When not writing she enjoys watching hockey and hanging out online. Cassandra's books have won numerous "Best Book Of" awards and her novella Unexpected Top was nominated in the E-book Erotic Romance category of RT's Reviewers' Choice Awards.

She thinks the best part of being a writer is penning stories about love and sex while most others str