Start by marking “In the Doctor's Bed (Hopewell General, #1)” as Want to Read:
In the Doctor's Bed (Hopewell General, #1)

In the Doctor's Bed (Hopewell General #1)

4.05  ·  Rating details ·  731 Ratings  ·  42 Reviews
The skills of a surgeon...

Having a crush on her drop-dead-gorgeous boss could get Hopewell General intern Jaclyn Campbell fired... especially with the prestigious Virginia hospital reeling from a shocking scandal. But head resident Lucien De Winter is impossible to resist. And he's arousing a healthy dose of desire as the good doctor wages an all-out war to make the shelte
Mass Market Paperback, 216 pages
Published July 19th 2011 by Harlequin Kimani (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about In the Doctor's Bed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about In the Doctor's Bed

Karla
Feb 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
Cheesecake
Wow, I've discovered the cure for insomnia!!
The first 2/3 NOTHING happens. Then there's a bit of action but it's still somehow boring.
Lucien and Jacklyn (cause her parents either couldn't, or were too were too lazy to spell it the right way).
They work at the same hospital. Lucien is her boss. NO fraternization allowed. And that is the driving force of the book... the WHOLE book.
I thought there might be something revealed about the other characters, but no.
Chivon
Aug 16, 2011 rated it did not like it
I love Brenda Jackson, but not really feeling this romance. I like the premise, its in a hospital setting and an intern falls in love with her boss. But something is lacking in this one. It just didn't intrigue me like a normal Brenda Jackson novel. I wouldn't recommend this one.
Ceej
Jul 11, 2011 rated it it was ok
Shelves: brenda-jackson, 2011
I love Brenda Jackson. I am a huge fan of her Westmoreland, Madaris, and Forged of Steele series. But this book didn't do it for me. The characters were disjointed and I never really felt a connection while reading. The love scenes are usually inspiring but this time they kinda just were. I figure it's probably a little harder to write a book when you're given a premise instead of developing your own. As this is a part of a series with books written by other authors, the story has to flow throug ...more
Lee-Ann Sleegers
May 22, 2012 rated it did not like it
In The Doctor's Bed by Brenda Jackson from Kimani Romance 2011

I don't mind an easy read romance novel every once in awhile but I was really disappointed in this one. Not only did this book follow the very predictable Harlequin formula, I found the need to remind the reader constantly that this was an Afro American couple very annoying. I read a lot and honestly couldn't careless about the characters race. This novel did absolutely nothing for me and made me wonder if I would want to read other b
Sequitta Harvey
May 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow!!! Layla has done it again. The Bennetts are Awesome. Great love story of Alice and Nate. They seems to have a forever and an ALLURING LOVE. You want be disappointed. She keeps your attention and makes you want more.
Tamara
Jul 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Great read.
Mary  Pamela
Jun 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed "In the Doctor's Bed." It had me on tender-hooks. I saw the correlation between the drug abuse charge and the doctors' fraternization. They were both addicted, and could not give up their vices. I only wish the book was longer, so that Brenda Jackson could expand on the drug case. I felt that it was not resolved. What was the outcome? Is this book part of a series? I felt like two issues were left up in the air. Was Dr. Dudley and Nurse Tsang having an affair? (A couple of hints throug ...more
Patrice
May 23, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2012-books-read
A "medical romance" of sorts. It was a good story and was more about the romance than about the medical environment. There were a number of characters introduced with enough story line to be able to create some additional stories with the characters at Hopewell General. The main charactes Jaclyn and Lucien are bold and defy the hospital's nonfraternization policy between superiors and subordinates. There is a sub-story revolving around an intern that was "fired" for drug use. Only problrm being ...more
Chelsea
Jun 14, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: brenda-jackson
Nice read!! There were many negative reviews about this book. Though I do not agree with all of them I will say that it was not of Brenda Jackson's best books. However, I did find it pleasant. I believe the book would have been better If it was a bit more detailed. I wanted to actually see how the couple overcame Ms. Tsang's and Mr. Dudley's lashings when Lucien and Jaclyn's secret was revealed. I definitely am curious to see the contributions of the remaining authors in the Hopewell General Ser ...more
Karen
Jul 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: brenda-jackson
The love story between Jaclyn (not Jazmine) and Dr. Lucien De Winter was a lovely story that I enjoyed immensely. However, I would have loved to have read more about the troubled/nosey nurse Tsang's and chief of staff Dr. Dudley because obviously they have a few secrets in their closet when it comes to the non fraternization policy T the hospital! Great story, but more juicy details are needed!
Celeste
Lucien and Jaclyn, business and pleasure

Lucien and Jaclyn story read as a miniseries. They both knew the risk and decided their love was worth it. It's often moments of crisis that allow you to but things in perspective. That is what happened for Lucien and allowed him to recognize that love is worth the risk. It's a cute story that shows the interworkings of policies that often go against personal desires and the choices one must make.
Pearl
Mar 30, 2012 rated it liked it
A bit disappointing. I am really a Brenda Jackson fan normally she set it up so you actually feel apart of the book—not so with this one. It was so predictable. I don't feel like she completely developed the characters. It was a short read which was good didn't have to put a lot of energy into it.
Tqwana
Aug 23, 2011 rated it it was ok
I usually like Ms. Jackson's work, but I'm starting to notice patterns in her writing that annoy me. The choppy sentences, the repetitive phrases, the telling not showing descriptions that don't really describe anything. At least this particular heroine wasn't some virgin ingenue. I didn't feel we actually got to know the 2 main characters.
Brandi
Sep 29, 2011 rated it liked it
Not the usual Brenda Jackson fare but still a solid story. I would like to give it 3.5 stars.....only because with a longer book, the peripheral characters could have been explored more. It was like Lucien and Jaclyn were the only two people in the book and that didn't work for me. Maybe I've gotten too used to the Westmoreland and Madaris clans. Great start to this multi author series.
Dorel
Aug 24, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I love Brenda Jackson books so when I seen this book on the library website it sounded good. I stopped read this book at chapter 5 because it was slow, boring, & all I seem to read about is the main characters thoughts about each other.
Kesha
Jul 16, 2012 rated it really liked it
A uniquely forbidden love tale where a doctor and an intern cannot break the hospital's fraternization policy while performing as boss and subordinate roles. Dr. DeWinter is a strong, honest romantic interest and Dr. Campbell is every bit his equal. A sweet love story.
Dana
Jun 03, 2012 rated it liked it
Recommended to Dana by: judysmommy2@aol.com
Shelves: 2012-read
Book was good until the end, what a pretentious jerk, that was not a romantic ending, oh I just planned the rest of your life for you while you were in surgery...gee great! Could have drawn it out more to make it seem like she wasn't being forced into marrying him.
Bridget
Aug 27, 2013 rated it it was ok
I checked this book out from the library and I'm glad I didn't buy it. I'm a huge fan of Brenda Jackson, but this one just didn't do it for me. I like to read books that are unforgetable and this one did not make that mark.
Lawrence
Nov 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
Sometimes you have to go through something to find "true love".
Linda
Aug 15, 2011 rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance
There was no drama at all! No consequences this was really boring! And is her name jasmine or Jaclyn?
Theresa
Apr 18, 2013 rated it liked it
quick read
Adina
Jun 01, 2012 rated it did not like it
Shelves: romance-erotica
I received a copy of this book from the Tell Harlequin reader panel.
Kyra Gates
Oct 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing
short sweet and straight to the point. I liked it 4.5 stars. It kept you on your toes that it did. It was another roller coaster but the ending was smooth.
Kimberly
Apr 29, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Brenda Jackson has done it again. I like the first addition to the Hopewell Series. I can't wait to read the next book. I loved Dr. De Winter and Dr. Campbell's story.
Dansaremm
Aug 28, 2013 rated it did not like it
Shelves: modern-romance
Shallow storyline, predictable, no depth to the characters. A very boring, superficial read.
Marie
Aug 01, 2011 rated it really liked it
It was sweet, it was good, the hero and heroine were good for each other but it was not as compelling and did not move me as much as a Brenda Jackson novel usually does.

Janina
Aug 29, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, romance
Loved.
Brenda Jackson! Amazing
Shone
Following rules is not easy when your heart is pulling you in a different direction.
Rebekkah
Jul 05, 2011 rated it it was amazing
HOT!!!
Goodread Bookreads: Book 4 1 1 Aug 05, 2014 02:38PM
  • Romancing the M.D. (Hopewell General, #3)
  • The Surgeon's Secret Baby (Hopewell General, #2)
  • My Only Desire
  • Field of Pleasure  (New York Sabers Football, #1)
  • Winter Kisses
  • Case of Desire (Hopewell General, #4)
  • The Law of Desire
  • Secret Attraction
  • Dreaming of You (Graysons of New Mexico, #3)
  • Chemistry of Desire
  • Living Large
In 1994, Brenda Jackson’s first novel, Tonight and Forever, was released. Since then she has had more than 100 novels and novellas published (the first African-American author to accomplish such a feat) and has over 3 million books in print.

A native of Jacksonville, Florida, Brenda is the first African-American author to have a book published by Harlequin Desire and the first African-American rom
More about Brenda Jackson...

Hopewell General (4 books)
  • The Surgeon's Secret Baby (Hopewell General, #2)
  • Romancing the M.D. (Hopewell General, #3)
  • Case of Desire (Hopewell General, #4)