Start by marking “Dragon Food (Dragon in Training, #1)” as Want to Read:
Dragon Food (Dragon in Training, #1)

Dragon Food (Dragon Training #1)

3.25  ·  Rating details ·  53 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
Something is hunting along the Gulf coast of Florida, and Mark Tavery is tasked with finding it. His expertise in dragons is his pride, but he can’t say the same about his romantic relationships. When he picks up a lamp during his investigation, he’s shocked at his instant attraction to, and all-consuming need for, the genie inside.

The genie, Luke, enjoying his attraction
Published March 22nd 2011 by Loose Id

To ask other readers questions about Dragon Food, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dragon Food

Jj Nightsong
Sep 11, 2011 rated it did not like it
1 star: A book with a lot of potential that fell flat due to immature writing.

Cover - typical Loose id, nipples/pecs no faces. Neither attractive nor discouraging.

M/C's - Mark, works as a "field-tist" (scientist in the field) for Searchlight, an organization that seems to hunt/control/monitor paranormal beings. Luke, a genie who lives in a lamp for 20 years at a time. Also, the bad dragon. 3rd person POV alternates between the three of them.

I almost gave up on this several times, but skimmed th
Ayanna
Sep 15, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: reviewed
Wtf is with this "Mawster" business? The term just looks stupid in text. Eh. Whatever, I suppose.

The "shark's purse"...come on. "Mermaid's purse." Or "Devil's purse." But "shark's purse"? I don't see the reason for the overraction and it doesn't sound as nice.

And dude, these guys have some weird fantasies. I mean, actual conversation? What is this?

The whole Reese thing is so vague and convoluted...it's not the whole problem, but it contributes to how damnably difficult it is to follow what the h
Don Bradshaw
I could not get interested in this book at all. I found the characters flat and boring, I even rooted for Benji the bad dragon. Mark is a damaged guy who can't get away from an abusive Dom ex. Luke, a genie, is found by Mark one day while he is diving. The story could have really taken off after the wish rules were laid out but it never did. Even the ending of the book was a bit of a let down.
Donna
Nov 10, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: 00-lgbtq-read
I think all this author needed to make this story great would have been an outline! There were many points along the story that could have gone better had they happened in a more complete fashion! Great Ideas were dropped before they had reached the point where you could say, "Yeah... now that was a great scene!" So many missed opportunities... and still yet, for some strange reason, this story worked for me!

When I began this story, I needed Mark to be a dragon... and I will admit that I feared
Autumn Montague
Nov 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: glbtq-fantasy
Dragon Food was a fun fantasy read, particularly if you're fond of dragons! I thoroughly enjoyed this unusual take on standard fairy tale fare...genies and dragons falling in love and fighting in the middle of Gulfport, Florida.

Mark Tavery is an expert in dragon-lore for Search Light, a quasi-government agency dedicated to maintaining peace between ordinary humans and the fantasy creatures that live among them. Tasked with hunting a dragon who is killing indiscriminately, Mark finds a genie ins
Kaylee Shyanne
Sep 18, 2014 marked it as to-read
I should have read this book before reading Hunter's Claim.

Hunter's Claim is in a different series but takes place in the same world and the characters seem to cross between the two series. The "Mark Tavery case" is mentioned so many times, and events that apparently happen during Dragon Food are referenced constantly.

I hate going out of chronological order when reading, but I need to know the beginning of Luis' and Charlie's relationship as it started in this book. And be properly introduced
Rachel Emily
Mar 28, 2011 rated it liked it
It took a while for me to get into the book, but I found the setup and world of dragons/vampires/werewolves/mermaids very interesting, and about a third of the way into the book, things started picking up and I enjoyed the plot. I also liked the characters, although it took a while for me to really get invested in the relationship between Luke and Mark. I like that the genie wasn't your typical genie. Overall, I did enjoy this book and would be interested in reading more in this world of SearchL ...more
Omega696
Nov 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
A genie! Now that's something you don't see every day and in this book his unusual powers worked pretty well. Mark was also a nice character, the only thing is the banter between him and Luke doesn't always seem natural. Overall a good story.
Leah
Feb 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
truly amazing story, am excited to read book 2 and book 3 in this series! Wondering if there will be more books in this series?
Nightcolors
May 16, 2011 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars.
Read for m/m team bingo challenge. My short review/impressions.
Tamarrion Lash
Aug 29, 2012
Claudia Luis
Oct 30, 2012
From website:

Hi, I’m Emily Rae Carrington. I’ve been writing gay erotic romance since 2004. I currently live in Western New York with my Labrador and her kitten. Her name is Jules Catisdy, named for the Suzanne Brockmann character, Jules Cassidy. I also have a cat named Neko, which is Japanese for cat. I attended my first Romance Writers of America conference in 2007, met the chief editor from Loo
More about Emily Carrington

Dragon Training (3 books)
  • Dragon Fire  (Dragon Training, #2)
  • Dragon's Bane (Dragon in Training, #3)