Start by marking “Initiation” as Want to Read:
Initiation

Initiation

(Canterwood Crest #13)

It's time: The new girls are taking the spotlight at Canterwood Crest!

Lauren has moved around enough to have the "new girl" code down:
1. Lay low.
2. But not too low.
3. Don't amubush the in crowd.

But Canterwood isn't just any school. And Lauren is about to face an initiation unlike any she's ever encountered. Bon chance, Lauren--you're going to need it!
Published January 3rd 2012 by Aladdin (first published October 4th 2011)

Alexis Shumate
Aug 29, 2015 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: 9-13 year olds
Recommended to Alexis by: my friend
Shelves: summer-reading
*sigh* It's great that the book series continues, but I would have liked to have more on Sasha. At least the author could have put a chapter with Sasha's point of view in it. I miss Sasha and her drama.....
Abby
Mar 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Personal response:
I really liked this book because it dealt with horses. I liked how this book talked about the struggles of going to a new school and getting to know everyone. I also liked how this book showed some of the perks of having horses.

Plot:
In the beginning of this book, Lauren arrived at Canterwood and was in her dorm room. While she was waiting for her roomate to get there, she chose her side of the room. When her roomate got there, Lauren thought she was mad because she had played
Rebecca
Dec 28, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: own, read-in-2013
The Canterwood Crest books are books I've been reading since I was in Junior High, and I refuse to give them up. Granted, they are a bit cheesy and filled with pointless drama, but I still can't help but adore them.
Esmeralda
The books about Saha Silver (1-13) are okay, not great, but okay. The books about Lauren Towers (13- and on) are absolutely awful. I couldn't even finish Initiation, it was so awful.

Don't waste your time reading this book!
Hannah
Jan 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Hannah by: nobody
its pretty good so far.Its interesting to read about Lauren.
Frances P. Haws
Jul 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
.New friends

I enjoyed meeting new students. I do hope we get to see Sasha again! I assume she is riding on to big and better things!
Heather
Jan 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
the new generation at canterwood.
02AmandaL
Feb 20, 2012 rated it really liked it
Lauren Towers is a 7th grader at the Canterwood Crest Academy. She is very shy and is afraid of anyone knowing her secret past. When she meets her room mate, they instantly become best friends along with Lexa. But there is one problem and her name is Riley. She is the queen been, best of the best, and cocky. She is trying to freak out Lauren because she is testing out to see which riding class she will be put in. There are 15 riders trying out and only 1 seat in the intermediate. She tests out a ...more
Emily M.
Initiation By Jessica Burkhart
Realistic Fiction
299 pages

Lauren Towers is going to be the new girl, again. She is finally moving to Canterwood Crest after a long summer. She is super excited, scared, and nervous. She hasn’t met her roommate yet but only emailed. When Lauren gets to the school, everything is going great. Her roommate walks in and scares Lauren so bad with her acting skills. Luckily, the two get along great after that. Finally, the first day of school comes. Lauren tried to; 1.Lay
Sarah H
Jan 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I thought this was an amazing sequal to the first book in the series. If you liked Chosen you have to read this one! Lauren is back and ready to tackle Canterwood. She has an awesome roomate and loves having Whisper around. She has survived her first week (and so far no one as reconized her from her past) to celebrate her and her roomate have a sleepover. Everything is going great! They wake up and go to the lounge to eat breakfast. Since they were all riders the decided to watch riding videos L ...more
Treasure
Jan 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
There are a new crop of girls at Canterwood Crest Academy, and fans of the first series will eagerly pick up this first book in the new series. There is enough information for new readers to also be able to start with this character, Lauren, rather than the original, Sasha. Readers who enjoy immersing themselves in characters with privileged surroundings will love all the product name dropping and fashion tips, though others may be turned off by the lack of diversity. Horse lovers will of course ...more
Jan-Rose
Oct 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
Kris
May 03, 2012 rated it really liked it
Recommended for gr. 5-9, especially for the horse-loving girls. Although part of a series, this book stands alone quite well. Some brand-name dropping felt a little out of place.

Lauren is starting as a new student at Canterwood Crest, an exclusive boarding school with a riding program. She is trying to start fresh after a riding accident, and hasn't told anyone about her past. She fits right in with her new roommate and friends, and meets some cute boys, but of course there is one mean girl tryi
Livia
Jun 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
Lauren Towers has arrived at Canterwood Crest, made new friends and started the seventh grade school year. As always there is drama and for Lauren it comes in the form of trying out for the intermediate riding team, the glee club and keeping the secret that could destroy her new found joy.

INITIATION is a wonderful addition to this series. As with most Canterwood Crest novels the stories continue on so don't expect a neat tidy ending to this one and anticipate learning more in Book 14, POPULAR.
Sophia Smithstanza
Jan 30, 2013 rated it liked it
I thought this book did not have a lot pf action.The end was terrible and I did not understand the book very much. The author style is the kind i do not like because she says the thought and it does not make very much sense.
Arwen
Sep 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: 3-8th grade girls
Recommended to Arwen by: Me
This Canterwood book is awesome, the series is better when you read the whole series so far because you understand better than just guessing! The book is awesome. Wouldn't be a ideal class read aloud book, boys and some girls wouldnt enjoy
Mehsi
4.5 stars. Really fun book about horses, boarding schools and with great characters! I will be sure to get all the other books in this series. :D
Ilonabooks
Nov 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Lots of Fighting
Meghan
typical teenage horse-girl fluff, really heavy on the name brand dropping. Still enjoyable as a skimmed book. I keep telling my husband that I'm using these as "research" for my novel. hehehehe.
Camryn
Jan 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing
It has a shocking ending! I wonder if Khloe and Lauren will become Frenimies?
Mike
This may genuinely be the worst book I've ever read. Full review to come.
Christine
Jul 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourites, own
Re-read frpm July 26th 2014-July 29th 2014.
Kacie Faith
This series was a childhood favorite of mine! Looking back, it's pretty terrible. But I loved it as a kid and it made me appreciate books more, so that's what matters!
Alisha Beaumier
Jan 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Was so good!!!! I just can't wait till the next one!!! The ending was just SHOCKING!!!
Kathryn
Feb 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
So excited to start reading this book!!!
Jessica
Oct 05, 2014 rated it it was ok
Recommended to Jessica by: me
See the first series for a full review.
Sophia
Dec 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing
AWSOME
Emma
Jan 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I really liked this book! Lauren seemed a little too happy-go-lucky though, because a lot of things went right for her. It was a good book though!
Melanie Walenda
Jan 10, 2015
Yas
Dec 07, 2014

• Risky Chance (Horse Diaries, #7)
  • Black Cloud (Horse Diaries, #8)
  • My Favorite Mistake (The A Circuit, #2)
  • A Chance to Shine (Chestnut Hill, #11)
  • Tennessee Rose (Horse Diaries, #9)
  • Horses For Dummies
  • The Missing Pony Pal (Pony Pals, #16)
  • For Horse-Crazy Girls Only: Everything You Want to Know About Horses
  • A Good Horse (Horses of Oak Valley Ranch, #2)
  • Wonder's Promise (Thoroughbred, #2)
  • Allergic to the Great Wall, the Forbidden Palace, and Other Tourist Attractions (Alvin Ho, #6)
  • Catch Rider
Twenty-two year old Jessica Burkhart is a writer from New York City. She’s crazy about horses, lip gloss and all things pink and sparkly. Jess was an equestrian before she started writing. Now, she writes the bi-monthly Canterwood Crest series for Aladdin MIX.

Canterwood Crest (1 - 10 of 18 books)
  • Take the Reins
  • Rival Revenge
  • Home Sweet Drama
  • City Secrets
  • Elite Ambition
“you will be sent home. No exceptions. Zero second chances.” The last sentence made my stomach flip-flop. I knew all the rules and had never been in trouble at school before, but what if I messed up somehow? “Yikes,” Jill whispered to me. “She will never not scare me.” 0 likes