Start by marking “Cowboy Keeper (Blaecleah Brothers, #2)” as Want to Read:
Cowboy Keeper (Blaecleah Brothers, #2)

Cowboy Keeper (Blaecleah Brothers #2)

3.99  ·  Rating details ·  1,333 Ratings  ·  58 Reviews
[Siren Classic ManLove: Erotic Alternative Cowboy Romance, M/M] Billy Thornton is a known troublemaker. He's spent the better part of his life doing whatever his brother Clem wanted him to--from intimidating people to stealing from them. The consequences if he resists are life-threatening. Billy has spent more than one night healing after his brother got pissed at him. The ...more
Published (first published February 17th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Cowboy Keeper, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cowboy Keeper

Susan
Sep 08, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mm
This started out pretty good. There was some intense hurt/comfort going on here. And I am all for that!

description

Not very realistic, I admit.. but I don’t read these books because I want a lot of realism.

This also had the extremest of extreme insta-love as well. True love in hours instead of days this time.

And I could really get over all of this and still enjoy this immensely. Right up until ALL the characters did something so incredibly stupid and out of character, I almost didn’t finish the rest.

description

Billy,
Serena Yates
Jan 21, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: gay
While this second story in this series was very different form the first, I liked it just as much. The close link to the first book allows another look at how Asa and Lachlan fare, now that they are married, while the full focus remains on the next pair, Billy and Rourke.

Billy is abused, gets beaten on a regular basis, and thinks he does it all to protect the man he has loved for years from his abusive and slightly mad brother. The thought that Rourke might well be able to protect himself and B
Ery
Jan 16, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned
Yeah, okay. I was looking for a light read so I turned to this. Unfortunately, this just didn't do it for me. As my opinion differs vastly from the others posted, i thought I would justify it. It may just be me :)

Annoyances:
-There was an awful lot of physical activity for someone who was just whipped / may have had cracked ribs.
- Billy gets his back bandaged, all the way around his torso, but later just pulls up his shirt to show Asa his beating marks.
- Rourke's unprovoked, overly possessive m
Nikyta *Miss Forgetful*
I really loved this continuation to the Blaecleah Brothers series. I actually liked this one more than I liked the previous one, Cowboy Easy.

On the night of Lachlan, Rourke's brother, and Asa's wedding, Rourke finds Billy watching from the trees. When Rourke confronts Billy, it leads to a kiss and when Billy runs off scared, it leaves Rourke with more questions than answers. That same night, Billy returns trying to leave a note for Rourke. Rourke catches Billy before he can leave and learns som
Gwengwel
CoffeeTimeRomance andMore
Reading a Stormy Glenn novel is like cracking open a book and having emotions just pour from the pages. The unbelievable trauma that Billy has suffered from the hands of his brother leaves your heart aching and makes you want to cry out for all the pain he has dealt with. Even though this is a fictional novel, the characters have such soulful dispositions that Cowboy Keeper has you feeling as if this tale is happening right in front of you. The plot is very strong, and desire comes through so lo ...more
Honey
Feb 05, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cowboys
Much preferred this book to its predecessor. Billy and Rourke’s love story was sweet, I liked how there was so much more to Billy than met the eye and I appreciated Rourke’s way of dealing with his family’s possible objections to Billy considering what had happened with him, Clem, Asa and Lachlan in the previous book which had been a major problem for me in Pretty Baby.

Can't wait for the rest of the Blaecleah brothers' corresponding stories.
↜ƈɦǟռ☂ɛℓℓɛ↝
3.5
 photo tumblr_lebstiFRGW1qbxq6qo1_500.gif
Cowboys, enough said??? Lol.
Candice
Rourke JUST now notices Billy? Yeah, I don't buy it. I would have liked this better if they haven't known each other all of their lives.

Also, Billy seems to be up and moving around a lot after being beat to hell. Didn't he say broken ribs or something? Yet, he's getting scrappy with Rourke and his brothers?

Cecilia Rodriguez

I was going to give this at least 4-stars but the whole confrontation scene with Ira towards the end had me rolling my eyes because....really? no one else had anything to say, they just let Billy leave knowing he'd be in danger.
Merith
Jun 30, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked this one better than the first, but the improbability of some of the situations Billy found himself in, some of the actions (or non-actions) that happened, keeps me from giving it 4 stars.

It is cute and sweet, though.
Beck
Review of the series... Beck's Review
EmeArsh
It was ridiculous. Completely. How they all stood quietly and watched Billy being taken away "because he made his own decision". Ma might be a force of nature, but she is quite useless. I think the problem is that there is no female sister or cousin or friend or she would have meddled the hell out of everything and Billy would never have had to go.
The excessive use of baby takes everything out of the word. I liked the picture angle though.
Donna
Yeah, this story had more plot holes in it than a sieve... grrr

I would say that 50% of the story was entertaining with moments of true family togetherness, but the other 50% was just inconceivable hogwash... it was like a yo-yo... moments of clarity and then moments of absolute ridiculousness, which meant I spent the whole book either loving it or hating it... It was NOT a good feeling! :(
Beatrice
May 24, 2011 rated it really liked it
Let me start off by saying that Cowboy Keeper is, by far, Stormy Glenn's smoothest and best edited book ever. I applaud both the author and the editor for producing a book that isn't rife with the most common of errors - unlike Stormy Glenn's earlier books which, most of the time, contained spelling mistakes and a few grammatical errors here and there. You can definitely see the author's improvement - in both the elements of pure storytelling and raw writing. My reading experience was smooth a ...more
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
Filled to overflowing with unrequited love, angst, longing, hope, and joy, Ms. Glenn's Cowboy Keeper is more than a book...it's an emotional experience. The obstacles and turmoil that Billy and Rourke face would have broken lesser men, and like a bee to honey I was drawn to their long suffering characters. This author continues to exceed my expectations, and I impatiently look forward to the next book in this line.

This is the second in the Blaecleah Brothers series, and begins shortly after the
Min
Jun 10, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was thinking of giving this 4 stars, but I realized I couldn't since Cowboy Keeper just had too many flaws. The novel was a little better than its predecessor, but only by so much. What made me like this book a little more than Cowboy Easy was its potential for more conflict and character development. Unfortunately, though, this novel suffers most of the same issues as the last book. Everything happens in such a short time period and personality traits seem to disappear due to their being deem ...more
Melanie~~
Dec 07, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

There is just something about this Blaecleah family that draws me in. Maybe it is the overwhelming acceptance even from the family. I will admits that I'm trying to work out the family tree. I was thinking there are 5 brothers though I can only seem to remember 4 at a time (Lachlan, Seamus, Rourke, and Quaid—found him, Neason). This was Rourke's story.

Turns out Rourke's family legendary love is the troublemaking brother, Billy, of a nasty-piece-of-work neighbor, Clem. Billy has been pre
Daniela
Sep 11, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m-cowboys
Yei!!! I get another book of this serie, I did enjoy it but I still like a lot more the first book.

Rourke is the middle son of the Blaecleah boys, and as it seems he is gay as well and his parents knows it. Rourke hadn't go without a partner, but the fact that he is rooting for Billy is amusing; especially because Teh Blaecleah and the Thornton don't have a good relationship, and all that is because of Glenn. Rourke gives of an aura of Dom but, without been one. Or maybe I'm not quite sure abou
Stephanie
Kiki
Apr 30, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book isn't as sexual as the first but far more emotional. Billy just broke my heart. Rourke's personality came through better in the first book, but in this book where he is one of the central characters, he was more flat. The impact of Billy and his situation could easy atone and explain this away though since Rourke can be seen as somewhat off kilter in having to deal with a difficult situation. He was so Billy focused that it also could explain why his personality was quieter in this boo ...more
Don Bradshaw
Just when I was relieved that Ms Glenn was over her big man/small man stint it turned up in this book. I'll admit that it wasn't dwelled on the way it was in her Tri-Omega series but it was there just the same. Rourke is the gay player type. Billy is a closeted man that has had a crush on Rourke for years. Billy has suffered countless beatings from his older brother somehow believing that if Clem beat him that Rourke would be safe. The story flowed well and was an enjoyable read. I would have g ...more
Christy
Jan 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
I so enjoyed this second book in the Blaecleah Brothers' series! Billy is so sweet and it's just sad what his life has been like with parents who don't care and an older brother who is insane and abusive. No wonder he's been fascinated with Rourke his entire life. I mean, come on, who wouldn't be?

Rourke has spent his life as the bad boy screwing pretty much whomever but never feeling much for his encounters. Enter Billy, town bad boy extraordinaire, although Rourke discovers the real reason behi
Kerry  sullivan
This was a truly sweet story of truth, Billy's truth and what people had assumed was his truth. I fell in love with billy's innocence and his purity. The fact he came from a horrible background and still could be so pure of heart. Watching the relationship develop between Billy and Rourke was really touching and brought a lump to my throat. If you want a heart wrenching story that will have you on the edge of your seat and panting for more this is the one for you, in fact I would say that series ...more
adrienne
typical stormy glenn romance. nothing fantastic, nothing so bad it can't be finished. what is typical stormy glenn? imagine a shorter harlequin romance but with no t&a (see, i was going to write no surprise pregnancies, but... yeah.).

laziness dictates i will use this as my template for all books by the following authors unless a book is remarkably good/bad :
stormy glenn
lynn hagen
scarlet hyacinth
joyee flynn
carol lynne
gabrielle evans

Regina Evans
Aug 08, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love this author. Stormy describes the emotions with such passion that we feel as if they were our own. You'll fall in love with Billy. Underneath his reputation as a troublemaker is a man so sweet, so abused and so in love with Rourke who will do anything to protect him. And Rourke, despite his reputation as a philanderer, is strong, protective, possessive and finds his 'legend' when kissing Billy. The story is beautiful, surrounding and fantastic. Loved it!
Ale Rivero
Mar 14, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Dios, el dramatismo de la vida de Bily me ha tenido al borde durante toda la historia, y más cuando se ve que es capaz de volver a sufrir con tal de ver seguro al loquillo de Rourke.
Ambos son una pareja preciosa y muy dulce con sus toques picantes. Me gustó ver más del pícaro hermano Blaecleah, jaja.
El dramatismo iniciado en el primer libro llega aquí a un punto culmine, así que estoy deseando ver qué se inventa la autora en las siguiente entregas. Muy recomendable.
Akifune
~3 Stars~

I kinda loved this at the beginning, but was feeling turned down towards the end. The scene when (view spoiler) was beyond me. And I felt this (view spoiler) word is too repetitive to my liking.
Blackravens Reviews
4.5 Ravens. This is an exciting book with thrilling chase scenes, clandestine lovers, and a strong family that protects its own. Cowboy Keeper is an entertaining book full of cowboys who search until they find the right man whose boots they want under their beds. To read this review in its entirety, please visit http://www.blackravensreviews.com/?p=...
szallj
Jan 29, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
this isn't the greatest series overall, especially the writing, but i do like the strong family background running through all the books, and the love story in this one particularly was really lovely.
  • In For A Penny (All In #1)
  • Robert's VP
  • Whispers in the Night (Moonlight Breed #3)
  • Strong Alpha (Twin Pines Grizzlies #8)
  • Victor (Marius Brothers #4)
  • Wishing for a Home (Home, #3)
  • Touch Me Gently
  • Falling (Hawkins Brothers/Quinten, Montana, #2)
About Me
I believes the only thing sexier than a man in cowboy boots is two, or three men in cowboy boots. I also believes in love at first sight, soul mates, true love, and happy endings.

I live in the great Northwest region of the USA, with my gorgeous husband and soul mate, two boxer/collie puppies, one old biddy cats, and three fish. When I'm not being a mother to my six teenagers or cleaning up
More about Stormy Glenn...

Blaecleah Brothers (7 books)
  • Cowboy Easy (Blaecleah Brothers #1)
  • Cowboy Way (Blaecleah Brothers #3)
  • Cowboy Courage (Blaecleah Brothers #4)
  • Cowboy Up (Blaecleah Brothers #5)
  • Cowboy Convenience (Blaecleah Brothers #6)
  • Cowboy Christmas (Blaecleah Brothers #7)