Start by marking “Double Knit Murders (A Knitting Mystery #1 & #2)” as Want to Read:
Double Knit Murders (A Knitting Mystery #1 & #2)

Double Knit Murders (A Knitting Mystery #1 & #2)

4.06  ·  Rating details ·  236 Ratings  ·  22 Reviews
The first two books in the national bestselling Knitting mysteries- Knit One, Kill Two and Needled to Death.

In Knit One, Kill Two, Kelly Flynn returns to Colorado for her aunt's funeral only to suspect that the woman's death was not an accident. With the help of the knitting regulars at House of Lambspun, Kelly's about to get a few lessons in creating a sumptuously colo
Published (first published October 25th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Double Knit Murders, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Double Knit Murders

Cheryl Liacos-Halstead
The knitting and yarn descriptions are awesome! The struggles of a knitter is excellent But the mystery part was not my cup of tea. I got it to see what kind of patterns there were and found the stories were lacking to me like Debbie Macomber's.
Tammie Lagimodiere
I like how in the end the murderer is caught and it kept !email guessing right up until the end of the book
Autumn
Dec 03, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
fun, light reading. well written and engaging. solid cozy mystery.
Melissa
Apr 17, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: crafts
Double Knit Murders is actually two books in one, the first two books of the Knitting Mysteries by Maggie Sefton, "Knit One, Kill Two" and "Needled to Death". They were ok reads, a lot could be worked on, but when it came down to it, they were entertaining.

Knit One Kill Two has the main character, Kelly, coming to a small town in Colorado because her aunt who practically raised her had been murdered. Kelly has to settle affairs but doesn't believe that the vagabond caught running from her aunt's
Abigail
Mar 27, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: series, mystery
Certainly not the greatest writing or mysteries ever. The author is very descriptively repetitive and both of the first two books start out with one murder and turn into two. However, both stories were very cute and if you're a knitter, the tidbits about yarn and patterns are a fun little shout out. Like most hobby-themed mystery series, the hobby is a lot of the appeal but the peripheral characters are great and worth reading the books for. I will definitely read at least the next couple in the ...more
Brenda
Dec 15, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2010
It was pretty easy to picture the shop and cafe since I have actually shopped at Lambspun and eaten at the cafe. I liked the relationships between the characters. I loved some of the characters. Lizzie made me laugh especially when she was at the wool market. Carl was a hoot. I wonder if it will be trend that murders come in twos in all of her mysteries. I might have to try knitting a scarf now but having tried knitting before, I don't think it is as easy they try make it in the books especially ...more
Raquel
Mar 19, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2011
Este libro es una coleccion con los dos primeros libros de esta serie.
El primero "Knit one Kill two" Quisiera decir que me gustó, pero lo encontre muy lento y no habia mucha accion para captar mi atención. De todas maneras pienso que es un misterio "light" que podria gustarle a muchos y pienso hacer el patron de sweter que trae incluido. Voy a leer la otra historia; solo que dejaré pasar un poco de tiempo.
El Segundo estuvo mejor, aunque muy previsible.
Mary
Mar 17, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Got my nose in this book and could hardly put it down. This is one to read when you have absolutely nothing else to do but that will be totally lost.
Then, to make matters worse, it makes you want to go to a yarn shop and bury your hands in all the textures and colors - even if you don't knit...
I knit a little but really want to do a sweater since it sounds like something I can do...
Great story line if you like a little mystry in with your coffee and muffins.
Josie
Jun 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a book of the first two stories in the "Knitting Mysteries" series.

I really enjoyed reading these stories. I identified with the main character and her introduction to the wonders, complexities, and joys of becoming a knitter. I have often felt the need to do as Kelly Flynn (main character) does and walk up to a basket of brightly coloured yarn, and just sink myself into it, at least elbow deep! LOL!!
Emma
Apr 26, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is actually two books in one, and I only finished the first one. It is a good story, but something about it took me forever to finish, which is why I only gave it three stars. I liked the characters, the setting and the plot, but it didn't necessarily have that "pull" that most murder mysteries do.
Kathy Kirkland
I love this series so much that when I had a chance to read the first two books I jumped on it! Been a number of years since I first encountered this loving and lovely group of knitters and the delightful protagonist named Kelly.
Very well written plots with plenty of action to keep you glued to the book right to the very end!
Kate Baxter
An enjoyable read of the cozy mystery genre. It may have been I, but I struggled for a few chapters in getting into the book. Later on, I enjoyed staying with it as the story progressed. Have continued on to the sequels.
Susie Fevella
I think if she doesn't back off with the coffee stuff, I'm done. Just for fun I decided to count the number of times she says coffee in the book...67! Coffee cup or mug...45! Black stream, black nectar, dark brew, black gold...11! OK, you get it, I was a little bored this weekend ;)
Rebecca Jex
Dec 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Quick read

Nice book that reads up quickly. I like the sunshine vibe that you get from the story and it's nice to have a book for adults that doesn't involve lots of sex and language.
Elaine
Oct 06, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyed the stories. They made me long for a good cup of coffee and to be able to knit faster.
Betty J Miller
Jul 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Great reading

Could not put this one down. Well written as usual and many different turns. Did not end as I had thought.
Sandy
Feb 29, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
had 2 storied in one book only read the first one - "simple" writing/mystery. Town setting is Fort Collins but called Fort Connor
Margaret Boehm
Dec 06, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good read for light mysteries.
Diane Davis
Great series
Rachel
Books 1 & 2 - Didn't want the books to end!
Betsy
Nov 23, 2012
Susie
Aug 12, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • A Stitch Before Dying (Black Sheep Knitting Mysteries, #3)
  • You Better Knot Die (Crochet Mystery, #5)
  • Patterns of Murder: Crewel World / Framed in Lace / A Stitch in Time
  • A Fatal Fleece (A Seaside Knitters Mystery, #6)
  • It Itches: A Stash of Knitting Cartoons
  • A Dash of Death (Hemlock Falls Mysteries, #2)
  • Stitch Me Deadly (An Embroidery Mystery, #2)
  • Spells & Stitches (Sugar Maple, #4)
  • Spring
  • Picture Perfect Corpse (Kiki Lowenstein Scrap-n-Craft Mystery, #7)
Aka Margaret Conlan

From author website:

"First, a little biographical information as introduction: Born in Richmond, VA, I grew up in Northern Virginia in Arlington, close to Washington, D.C. I attended university and received a Bachelor's degree in English Literature & Journalism, married, and started my family there. All four of my daughters are grown and established in careers of their own
More about Maggie Sefton...
“Lambspun’s Whodunnit Shell   Very Easy Knit with Bulky Yarn GAUGE: 2 sts/in   MATERIALS: US size 15 needles (or size to obtain gauge), 14-inch straight Very bulky yarn with gauge of 2 sts per inch   INSTRUCTIONS:     BACK: With yarn required for gauge, CO 40, 44, 46, 50, 52 sts. Work in garter stitch, (knit every row) or if you like an edge that rolls, work in stockinette (knit one row, purl one row) throughout garment. Continue in garter or stockinette until piece measures 8, 8.5, 9, 9, 9 inches or desired length to armhole. At armhole edges BO 3 sts once, 2 sts once, 1 st once. Work on remaining 28, 32, 34, 38, 40 sts until piece measures 14.5, 15, 15.5, 16, 16.5 inches.   NECK SHAPING: Work 11, 12, 12, 14, 15 sts. Join second ball of yarn and bind off center 6, 8, 10, 10, 10 sts. Work remaining sts, turn. Working both sides at once, bind off 1 st from the neck edge 3 times. Continue working on reaming sts until piece measures 17, 18, 18.5, 19, 19.5 inches. Place remaining 8, 9, 9, 11, 12 sts on holders.   FRONT: CO 39, 43, 45, 49, 51 sts. Work in garter stitch, (knit every row) or if you like an edge that rolls, work in stockinette (knit one row, purl one row) throughout garment. Continue in garter or stockinette until piece measures 8, 8.5, 9, 9, 9 inches or desired length to armhole. At armhole edges BO 3 sts once, 2 sts once, 1 st once. Work on remaining 28, 32, 34, 38, 40 sts until piece measures 14.5, 15, 15.5, 16, 16.5 inches.   NECK SHAPING: Same as for back.   FINISHING: Join shoulders with three-needle bind off. Single crochet around every edge. Hand seam sides together. Pattern courtesy of Lambspun of Colorado, Fort Collins, Colorado.” 0 likes