Start by marking “Straight from the Heart” as Want to Read:
Straight from the Heart

Straight from the Heart

From #1 New York Times bestselling author Tami Hoag comes this powerful novel of passion, heartbreak, and redemption—a story that celebrates our capacity to love one time, for all time, even in the face of adversity and change.

Published July 31st 2007 by Bantam (first published 1989)

To ask other readers questions about Straight from the Heart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Straight from the Heart

Cheri
May 19, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
An older love story. I took a little break from my norm of action packed thrillers, lol, to read this. It was heartwarming and an easy read.
Cheri
Oct 02, 2017 rated it liked it
Starting read this and remembered I had already read it awhile ago. I finished reading it though,,,for the 2nd time. It was an easy breezy romantic read.
Elizabeth
Jul 13, 2011 rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance
Yes - it's the summer of romance novels. Picked this book up because I read that suspense author Tami Hoag got her start in writing mass market romance novels and its what I found at the library. For the type of book that it is, it is fine. I wasn't crazy about it, however, but that may be that I am not that into this particular slice of the romance Genre. Our heroine, Rebecca, is a PT. The author did a pretty good job of research injuries and treatments and Rebecca really seemed to be working i ...more
Pam
Aug 09, 2008 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
This was an enjoyable, light read. I liked the hero and the heroine, but wished their romance had been fleshed out a little more. Their conflict seemed to be resolved too easily. I also wish Jace's recovery from his knee injury would have been drawn out a little longer. I thought the premise of the story was great -- famous baseball player dumps physical therapist girlfriend when he hit the big leagues, then comes crawling back to her when he is injured in a car crash and realizes that he really ...more
Jacqueline J
2nd chance at love story which theme I am not at all fond of. Skipped through this because it didn't hold my interest. Seemed very much on the surface and sort of here's some stuff that happened. The hero leaves her to go to play major league baseball, forgets all about her and lives the high life and when 7 years later he is in a car accident he remembers her and decides to come home and marry her. Not real plausible.
Anita
Apr 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
I must admit that I really love these old romances by Tami Hoag. She has characters that, in a longer format, would really grow on you. The short romance is so fun and I love the quick escape they provide from her hard core mysteries.

Jace is a baseball player back in town to rehab from a knee injury and Rebecca is not handling that very well. When he left seven years ago, he left her heart in a million pieces. She is having a lot of trouble believing he won't do it again.
Carrie
3.5* Enjoyable fast read. Think series romance and you'll have the idea of length and character development. This is not a Hoag suspense story. It is strictly a light romance. However, Hoag succeeds in getting a lot of character development into the short book making it a satisfying read.
Richard Guerrero
Jun 30, 2019 rated it liked it
The book was just OK, almost stopped read them a few times. I’ll try another from this author to see if it gets better. Would’ve been nice for Cooper to stay in the big leagues at least one more year.
Susannah Carleton
Mar 02, 2019 rated it liked it
Old lovers meet again, the lady determined to have nothing to do with him, the man determined to woo and win her, but knowing that he’ll have to work hard to regain her trust. Both have demons to exorcise. Will they be able to achieve a happily ever after?
Melissa Salsgiver
Apr 08, 2019 rated it it was ok
I was interested in reading this Tami Hoag novel. I was suspected some freaky turn in story line but it never happened. Rather predictable. Still glad I read it as as it was quite different from Hoag books I've enjoyed. Light reading.
Engela Groenewald-Wessels
Nov 21, 2017 rated it did not like it
I just could not get into this book. It’s a very easy read, but it did not intrigue me at all. Very disappointed.
Christi Papa
I nice romance novel, happy ending, feel good story.
Julie
Nov 23, 2012 rated it liked it
Straight from the Heart by Tami Hoag was published in 1989 by Random House and is 215 pages long.
This book is one hundred percent contemporary romance. This is not one of Tami Hoag's trademark romantic suspense novels.

Jace hit the major leagues and left town with a phone call to his girlfriend Rebecca. She never saw or heard from thim again for seven years. Jace lived the high life of money, parties, women, gambling and so on. But, then he injured his knee and his career in the majors came to a
Bren
Feb 20, 2017 rated it liked it
This was like books I read in my teenage years and early 20's. UGH
J Jares
May 03, 2019 rated it it was ok
Tami Hoag started her writing career writing romances and this is one of those early stories. I can certainly understand why she changed to mysteries – this book plodded along slowly.

Seven years ago, Jace Cooper and Becca Bradshaw defined ‘hot couple.’ However, Jace had a chance at one of the major league baseball teams and he left Becca to follow his dream. Now he’s back with a serious knee injury that could sideline him forever – and he wants his former physical therapist to work her magic aga
Jen Lynn
Sep 03, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: sold, 2011-reviewed
Straight from the Heart is the first romance novel that I have read by Tami Hoag. I don't usually get too excited over romance novels, but I enjoy Hoag's other works so I figured why not try a romance. The only reason I picked it up to begin reading it last week was because I felt like reading a quick, short book and I thought this might do the trick. I was right. It was a very quick read, but it was severely predictable. You know the typical, general romance story line of a successful woman and ...more
Leonard
Mar 30, 2015 rated it did not like it
This is a romantic tale of a love relationship between two people, a male professional athlete and a female physical therapist. I didn't particularly like it for a couple reasons. Apparently the main characters had a previous relationship in which the woman was very committed but the man walked away and broke her heart. Then, seven years later, he shows up apparently a changed person, wanting her back, but she's rightfully suspicious, and really doesn't want to be around him. In the following ev ...more
Shannon Arehart
Sep 12, 2014 rated it did not like it
Oh, the cheese. This book has more cheese than... than... Wisconsin? Lines that will make you roll your eyes right on out of your head. I drive quite a bit these days so I've gotten back into audiobooks, and the library doesn't have the greatest collection, so I just choose randomly and hope for the best. I was willing to give this a 2, despite the cheese and the cliches and the bodice ripper tendencies... but near the end it angered me so and I have to give it a 1. The male "protagonist" can be ...more
Michelle
Jan 20, 2008 rated it liked it
Stright From The Heart
Tami Hoag
Romance
215 pages

They say that each of us becomes an entirely new person every seven years. But Rebecca Bradshaw doesn’t feel any different when an old lover shows up severely injured at the hospital where she runs the physical therapy departm
Marianne
Straight From The Heart is the third stand-alone novel by American author, Tami Hoag. Physical Therapist Becca Bradshaw is not pleased to see Jace Cooper back in town. Seven years ago he left town, leaving her broken-hearted, to pursue his baseball career. But a knee injury has seen him dropped from the big league, and he’s chosen her hospital Physical Therapy department to recover and prove he is still big league standard. It seems Jace has decided he needs to prove himself a changed man to Bec ...more
Amy
Aug 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is an oldie but a goodie. Written back in her romance days, before Hoag shifted to Suspense/Thrillers, this is just a fun, sweet romance. Becca and Jace were sweethearts until Jace left to become a baseball superhero--and got caught up in all the trappings that so often go with that kind of success: women, gambling, partying. But he's learned his lesson and when he comes home to recuperate from an injury, he is determined to win Becca back. But the heartache was too great all those years ag ...more
Maura
I loved this book a lot. I was depressed and still am depressed that it ended. I wish it were longer because I wasn't ready to say goodbye to the characters. I fell in love with Jace's character, but I also understood the resentment Rebecca was feeling. I could relate to the story in a lot of ways and I felt very connected to everything that went on between them. It was a wonderful book and I am glad I had the opportunity to read it.
Elli
Sep 04, 2007 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
unlike tami hoag's sequence of thrillers, this book is a romance. i personally also read romance beyond thrillers, so i was willing to try the book. its not bad, but its about at the harlequin level... and dated. if you love hoag's gritty writing, there is none of that here. you could easily believe an entirely different author had written this book.
Jordana
Feb 23, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book. I started reading Tami Hoag's mystery books, and I was a bit leary of reading a romance from her. I typically don't like when my favorite authors of one genre cross to another, but this one was done so well. I liked this story and I was enthralled from page one. If you are a romance lover, I think you will definitely find this delightful!
Jeanne (love2cook)
It's about Physical therapist Rebecca Bradshaw and her new patient Jace Cooper. Trouble is he is an old love that left her with a broken heart 7 years ago. At the mention of his name and then the sight of him has her remembering all the old times together and she finds she still has feeling for him, even though she doesn't want to. A nice little romance story.
Cherie Waggie
Oct 19, 2014 rated it did not like it
I like strong heroines in the stories I read. This one is not one of those types. The "I can't make up my mind between this one or that one" type of heroine, who also lets men belittle her and push her around, I just don't understand. But then, I don't usually read romances. Probably for that reason. If you like Romance, you'd probably like and understand this book better than I did.
Anne Washington
It was ok. I was kind of disappointed about the sister's on-going distance from her family, and sad about the young man who was in the coma. though its fiction, it could very well happen in real life.
Pam H
I may have liked this better had I read the book instead of listening to the audio. The reading was a bit monotone and without much differentiation between the various characters. The story line was similar to many other books but there were a few little nuances that made it interesting.
Jeanne
Mar 15, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2010-reads
This is an early romance from mystery writer Tami Hoag. Physical therapist, Rebecca Brashaw and pro-baseball player Jace Cooper are the characters. Nothing special, quick and predictable. Hoag's mysteries are much, much better.
« previous 1 3 next »
Straight From The Heart 1 10 Aug 01, 2008 05:42PM

• Doing Good
  • So This Is Christmas (Includes: The Protectors, #19)
  • First Born
  • I Went to Vassar for This?
  • Through My Eyes
  • The Kissing Game (Sunrise Key Trilogy, #2)
  • All Things Beautiful
  • Snow Angels
  • Terror Stalks the Class Reunion
  • Prime Time
  • The Red Hat Club Rides Again
  • Blue Velvet
  • No Strings...
  • My Lost Daughter (Lily Forrester, #4)
  • Gabriel Allon CD Collection 2: Moscow Rules / The Defector
  • Sweet Rains: Second Nature / Lessons Learned
  • Wedding Of The Century
  • One Hot Forty-Five
Tami Hoag is the #1 internationally bestselling author of more than thirty books published in more than thirty languages worldwide, including her latest thrillers—BITTER SEASON, COLD COLD HEART and THE 9TH GIRL. Renowned for combining thrilling plots with character-driven suspense, Hoag first hit the New York Times Bestseller list with NIGHT SINS, and each of her books since has been a bestseller. ...more