Start by marking “Bad Girls of the Bible Workbook” as Want to Read:
Bad Girls of the Bible Workbook

Bad Girls of the Bible Workbook

4.1  ·  Rating details ·  165 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
Since the release of Bad Girls of the Bible and Really Bad Girls of the Bible, women like you have clamored for more–more in-depth teaching in a workbook format, more information on using the books in small group studies, and more ways to share the grace and sovereignty of God. Now, that hands-on help is here–in two practical workbooks that will make God’s Word, and the st ...more
Published January 15th 2002 by WaterBrook Press

Jill Williamson
Nov 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Enjoyed this Bible study book. Each chapter begins with a fictional re-telling of a Bible bad girl, then moves on to a lesson on her life and choices. Fun idea. Very well done. I'll likely read it again someday.
Patty Rose
Apr 15, 2015 rated it liked it
Although it was a good read, it lacked the in-depth Bible study I crave.
Judi
Oct 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Any woman wanting to take a deeper look into themselves and find areas that need attention
Shelves: christianity
This was a GREAT study - our group enjoyed it immensely. There were many characteristics of these "bad girls" that we found within ourselves. The author had a wonderful way to present each girl. First she wrote a novelette that mirrored the situations of each person, bringing the application to current day living - then she brought us to a depth that we most likely would have missed - followed up with a study guide of questions to facilitate group discussion. The accompanying DVD was excellent - ...more
Eileen
Loved it .... signed by the author for her NZ visit. Liz brings the 'bad girls' to life in her unique way. Ten stories of the 'bad girls' told with insight and humour. Read the blurb below and see if any of it sounds familiar. No wonder they say there is nothing new under the sun.
Blurb on book - Eve had food issues, Potiphar's wife and Delilah had man trouble, Lot's wife and Michal couldn't let go of the past, Sapphira couldn't let go of her money, and Jesebel couldn't let go of anything.
Heather
Feb 24, 2008 rated it it was amazing
I got this book as a gift, and loved it. The stories of the women in the Bible that were in this book were amazing. I love the Bible, and I was really inspired to read more when Liz put these stories in to modern life. I was blown away by the scandal....the Bible is better than any book I have and will ever read, but I appreciate the more in depth and easy to understand writings that Liz Curtis Higgs puts forth. I highly recommend this book!
Kathy
Jan 16, 2015 rated it liked it
I really enjoyed learning from this cute and funny book! Ms. Higgs presents a modern day story about the Bible character first, which lends help. I had the pleasure of heating this author speak several weeks ago, and the book really reflects her sense of humor.
Taylor
May 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
An awesome read! I absolutely loved this book. The author was able to describe each women to a tea and made each of these significant ladies very relatable. It was definitely a journey and process that every woman should have the chance to experience. Read this book!
Michelle Allenson
Surprisingly good book!
Reggie Connaughton
Apr 06, 2016 rated it it was ok
Personally, I think that the authors approach just wasn't my speed. I think that she was attempting to appeal to women that read a lot of novels. I just didn't care for her style.
Molly Koecher
Nov 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
Great stories. Wonderful way to become more familiar with the bible.
Cimuchowski
Oct 16, 2007 rated it really liked it
Shelves: christianity
This woman is funny and practical. I wish I could write as well as she does.
Ajhartsfield
  • Broken into Beautiful: How God Restores the Wounded Heart
  • The Gospel According to Disney: Faith, Trust, and Pixie Dust
  • Power of the Tongue
  • Responsible Grace
  • One Thousand Gifts Study Guide with DVD: A Dare to Live Fully Right Where You Are
  • Three "Whys" of the Russian Revolution
  • A Primer of Biblical Greek
  • Understanding Jesus: Cultural Insights into the Words and Deeds of Christ
  • A Grammar for Biblical Hebrew (Revised Edition)
  • Harmony Guides: Lace & Eyelets (The Harmony Guides)
  • Christianity and World Religions - Participant's Book: Wrestling with Questions People Ask
Former Bad Girl, grateful for the grace God offers. Happy wife of Bill, one of the Good Guys. Proud mom of two grown-up kids with tender hearts. Lame housekeeper. Marginal cook. Pitiful gardener. Stuff I love? Encouraging my sisters in Christ—across the page, from the platform, online, in person. Unpacking Scripture. Traveling wherever God leads. Listening to His heart. Leaning into His embrace.
More about Liz Curtis Higgs

• Dewey: The Small-Town Library Cat Who Touched the World
    $11.24 $1.99
  • Fall Down 7 Times Get Up 8: A Young Man's Voice from the Silence of Autism
    $13.99 $1.99
  • I Am Not Myself These Days (P.S.)
    $13.24 $1.99