Start by marking “Peach Fuzz Volume 1” as Want to Read:
Peach Fuzz Volume 1

Peach Fuzz Volume 1

(Peach Fuzz #1)

Nine-year-old Amanda talks her mother into letting her have a pet, and she chooses a ferret that she names Peach, but Peach sees Amanda's loving hands as 'monsters' and tries to bite them in self-defence.
Published January 11th 2005 by TokyoPop

To ask other readers questions about Peach Fuzz Volume 1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Peach Fuzz Volume 1

Start your review of Peach Fuzz Volume 1
Meredith
Jun 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A manga that's all about ferrets? How did it take me this long to find it?

I love how the book is divided between the young girls point of view as well as her ferret, Peach. It's fun to consider what our animals are thinking about and this series is the first I've seen to explore ferrets specifically. I can't wait to read more!
Erika
Aug 11, 2007 rated it really liked it
It was a very cute book!I read it in like one day.
Amy
May 07, 2010 added it
Shelves: j-comics, 2010
Amanda reaaallly wants a pet, and her mother makes the dubious decision to let her choose any animal that she wants from Super!Pets. Amanda chooses a sweet, sleepy ferret. She seems so innocent at first, but when she fully wakes up she becomes a holy terror. One of the interesting aspects of this book is that part of it is told from Amanda's perspective, and part of it is told from Peach's (the ferret's) perspective. Even though Peach's viewpoint is fictionalized (obviously), I liked that this ...more
Hannah
Jul 19, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Animal lovers
Recommended to Hannah by: ME!
Mrs.soule
Mar 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
Cute and meaningful, focusing on the responsibilities of pet ownership - passing this on to my son in hopes that he WON'T want a ferret and WILL clean out the kitten's litter box. This is probably going to backfire on me...
Cindy Mooney
This would be great if the entire story was told from the ferret's POV instead of switching back and forth between the girl and her pet. I couldn't stand the little girl, she reminded me of Darla in Finding Nemo and her mom just leaves her alone with this pet to abuse. The girl constantly lies to her mom about the being bitten, doesn't tell her mom how she was rough with the ferret when they took it to the vet. I was reading this to see if I thought it would be appropriate for my daughter, who ...more
Red
Jun 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
One of the better things to come out of Deviantart, while this series is highly anime-styled, it's original and definitely worth a read. It stays relatively along the lines of Hamtaro, a must read for those who like stuff like Hamtaro!
Lecy
Mar 19, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019
This was cute. I had a manga prompt in one of my reading challenges, so I chose this graphic novel to fill it. It was illustrated very much in the style of Japanese comics and the story about Amanda and her new pet ferret was really fun. I was a little disappointed when I started to read because the entire book was in black and white, whereas the cover was in color. I was hoping to have a full-color experience, but it was enjoyable nonetheless.
Abbey
Jul 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was my first manga, so it's cool
Raina
May 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Amazing book
Karen
Jun 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Very cute read with my niece.
83star
Sep 23, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: animal lovers and girls!
Recommended to 83star by: no 0ne
Peach Fuzz is a book by Jared Hodges it is about a little girl named Amanda.All she wants is a friend to be by her side.So she wants a pet really badly.She beggs her mother for months.Till One day they finely go to a pet store Amanda is so excited.She looked around the hole store she wanted a pet that no one.Than she saw the ferrets she told her mother that she wanted one of those.On the cage it had a warning that said NOT TO YOUR HAND IN THE CAGE BECAUSE THEY WILL BITE! But Amanda being Amanda ...more
Kirsten
I read this as part of an effort to make a list of non-violent tween graphic novels for work (now, most tween graphic novels are not exactly blood n' guts anyway, but I was specifically asked for graphic novels without a lot of fighting, etc. in them). This one fits the bill, I think, although the ferret does bite an awful lot...

I actually liked this a lot more than I thought I would. It looked like it was going to be overly cute, and it IS adorable, but it's also really funny. Nine-year-old
Kennedy
Peach Fuzz is an american styled manga about a young girl, named Amanda, who really wants a pet. After constantly begging her mom, she finally gets what she wants. She decides to get a ferret, because its not ordinary like all the other pets, and name her peach. There are rules for Peach, however, Amanda has to take care of her, and Peach can never bite anyone. The only problem with this is that Peach is a prissy ferret with a princess-complex, and bites out of self-defense when she sees the ...more
Heidi
Jun 22, 2009 rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
Amanda begs her mom for a pet...forever! Finally, mom gives in, they go to the pet store and Amanda MUST have a ferret (cooler than a dog or cat, waaay cooler than a fish!). Amanda selects a sleeping ferret--she's so sweet! and names her Peach--she's soft as peach fuzz. Little does she know that Peach is a ferret princess who will defend herself fom the evil Handra monster (Amanda's hand) by biting it every time she sees it! Will Peach and Amanda ever become friends?
Hailey
Sep 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Jared Hodges is a great author. In Peach Fuzz #1 it talks about a girl who really wants a pet. But she doesn't want an ordinary pet like a dog, cat, or fish. She wants a ferret. To pick out her ferret she picks them up one by one to see which of them will bite. I really loved this book. If you like animals you will to. Hailey Yarrington
Hayley Heinz
Nov 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
So I was strolling through my local library's anime section and came across this adorable, funny, and all around good series. I especially loved this book because it helps you to really see the pets point of view that is something I really enjoyed about this. I recommend girls of all ages this book.
Mo
Sep 23, 2008 rated it liked it
It was okay but its more for like 3-4 graders
and that age of people
it was good manga but it just for more younger kids
the storyline appeals to younger kids but not too young about ages 9-11 i would say
Bianca Singh
May 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
I love how this is book is in two different view were the owner of the ferret tries to have fun with it. Yet the ferret thinks it is a princess/queen that been kidnapped by a 5 headed monster(a hand). Amazingly funny!
Michelle
Dec 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I loved this series of books. I have ferrets and love them and loved seeing life through a ferrets eyes in this book. It made me laugh as I thought of my ferrets seeing life in that way. A fun and creative book about a little girl and her pet ferret.
Magenta  Cooly
Jul 07, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga-shelf
Reeeeaally cute!
I don't care if this is an American based manga, it's very entertaining. I wasn't bored or anything; and it WASN'T stupid. I don't care what the judgmental haters say, it's SO worth reading.
Bert Edens
Dec 09, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga-manhwa
This is what I end up reading when I leave the next book on my list at work and have to scrounge through my younger son's collection for something to read. :)

This was just a fun read, nice and clean. Will definitely check out the others in the series. Gotta see what happens to Peach!
Ashley Lopez
May 25, 2010 rated it it was amazing
this was a funny book that will keep u on your feet laughing and wanting more laughs......;)
Jenna
May 28, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Cute. Funny. Great art.
Holly Letson
Peach is one of the most bratty characters I have read about in a long time. At times, I found her really annoying. Without her uppity attitude, the story would have been extremely cute.
Anahi
Oct 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
its a good book its about a girl who wants a pet and gets a pet that thinks her hand is a monster.
Amanda
Feb 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Story was easy to follow and i enjoyed it!
Sandy
May 12, 2011 rated it really liked it
All kinds of adorable.
Steph
Aug 20, 2008 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: fans of graphic novels, animal lovers
Shelves: manga
Cute, but kind of boring.
Izzy
Aug 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
This is the first manga I read when I was smaller. I really enjoyed it. It's a cute story with nice characters, and it's a great manga for younger readers.

• Rock Star (Babymouse, #4)
  • Lunch Lady and the Mutant Mathletes (Lunch Lady, #7)
  • 水神の生贄 2 [Suijin no Hanayome 2] (The Water Dragon's Bride, #2)
  • 水神の生贄 3 [Suijin no Hanayome 3] (The Water Dragon's Bride, #3)
  • 水神の生贄 1 [Suijin no Hanayome 1] (The Water Dragon's Bride, #1)
  • Squirrel Meets World (The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl, #1)
  • 水神の生贄 8 [Suijin no Hanayome 8] (The Water Dragon's Bride, #8)
  • 僕のヒーローアカデミア 7 [Boku No Hero Academia 7] (My Hero Academia, #7)
  • 水神の生贄 9 [Suijin no Hanayome 9] (The Water Dragon's Bride, #9)
  • 水神の生贄 5 [Suijin no Hanayome 5] (The Water Dragon's Bride, #5)
  • 水神の生贄 6 [Suijin no Hanayome 6] (The Water Dragon's Bride, #6)
  • Heartstopper: Volume One (Heartstopper, #1)
  • Chi's Sweet Home, Volume 2