Start by marking “Wiggle” as Want to Read:

wiggle?
Do you
wiggle
out of bed?

For energetic toddlers (are there any who aren't?), here's a book that invites them to wiggle along with the story. Told in rollicky, wiggly rhyme that begs to be read again and again, Doreen Cronin's latest romp will have toddlers wiggling, giggling, and then (hopefully) falling into bed, blissfully exhausted!
Published June 1st 2005 by Atheneum Books for Young Readers (first published January 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Wiggle, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wiggle

Kris
Jan 18, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Cute. My six-year old, of course, thought the page about wiggling in your underwear was the funniest. I had to stop him from taking off his pants, so maybe not a great choice for a library storytime. 😂
David Ballesteros
Feb 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Wiggle was the greatest book I have ever read because the story was intense and action packed with a dog wiggling during his everyday life and in nature. Wiggle teaches many lessons like to wiggle out of bed. Wiggle is the best book ever made.
Debbie
How funny, as I read the book, I couldn't help wiggling!
Amanda
Feb 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: baby-books
This is an action packed story about a dog wiggling everywhere and everything. This would be a lot of fun to read with kids 2-6... just watch out for the page about wiggling in the underwear!
Laura McLoughlin
Featured in a dance themed story time I attended with my 2 year old!
Madysenn Mcclure
Mar 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
In the book, Wiggle by Doreen Cronin, is about a cute little dog that is highly entergetic. The dog is the main character whom shows us that he for sure loves to wiggle every time of the day. Wiggle can show us that it is good to have a 'wiggle' every one in a while and that it is good to make someone happy like that. As a result, the book is very cute and funny and I highly reccomend it for a laugh.
Syed Absar
Feb 12, 2016 rated it did not like it
Scott Menchin

This book is about a dog who likes to wiggle alot. This book is not a good book to read, i personally think it is a waist of time, but i needed 5.0 points so i read it. The dog is the main character and he wiggles every where. He literally wiggles in every page of the book. I dont suggest this book to any of you.
Courtney
Oct 25, 2009 added it
Recommends it for: elementary
I read this through tumblebooks.com so there was audio. This is a cute book to keep PK-2nd graders enjoying books. It has a jiggling rhyme throughout. It would be a good choice for an active story time. Children could sing and act along with the book. This book also received an award BCCB Blue Ribbon Picture book Award.
Hannah Barton
Wiggle is a good book. It is about a little dog. I have read this many times. I enjoy it a lot.In the book the dog does shows us all the places you can wiggle such as your bed. Overall this a great children's book.
Zach Bergstrom
Feb 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: wow
This review only needs 3 words, but it deserves more. Best Book Ever. I don't care that this book is meant for little kids. I enjoyed it and will cross my fingers for more funny children's books by Doreen Cronin. I can't believe the dog wiggle from his tail to his HAIR!
Stacy
Feb 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
We liked this book-- it was funny and cute.
Ellenjsmellen
Jan 03, 2008 rated it it was ok
Shelves: children-lit
This wasn't as good as Cows or Duck.
CarolineDearman RDNG350
This book is about a dog that likes to wiggle and wiggles all the time in many different places with many different animals.

I really didn't like this book that much. It kind of felt like the author was trying to write in the style of Dr. Seuss, but it didn't turn out that well. There's really no point or moral to the story; it's really not even a story at all.

I don't think I would have this book in my classroom, because it sounds more like a book a mom would read to her 2- or 3-year-old child a
Elisabeth
Mar 14, 2018 rated it liked it
This picture book is perfect for active kiddos: they won't be able to sit still for storytime with this one and will want to wiggle right along, which is A-OK. I don't love the illustrations--there's some creative use of photos meshed with cartoons that just didn't work for me here, but there's an undeniable energy to the book as a whole that kids will love. Perfect for this year's summer library program theme Libraries Rock.
Amy Oberts
Nov 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
"Wiggle" is an engaging story with bold illustrations and fun rhymes (...including hair and underwear) that will have young audiences smiling and moving. It's the perfect addition to books addressing "exercise" and/or "movement," yet with a playful, lighthearted tone. The perfect complement to Bill Martin Jr.'s "Spunky Little Monkey."
Megan
Jun 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Full of energy and whimsy, this book is a great one to help the active listeners get their wiggles out with movement and rhyme. This would be a great one to include for storytime when the wiggles have begun or would make for a terrific choice for an inclusive storytime.
Chelsea Kirkland
Feb 11, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
No estoy segura de que tan bien se traduce al espanol, pero estaria dificil leer bilingue (o tal vez deberia de leer tambien la version en ingles)...siento que la rima es un poco torpe, pero estaria bien para que actuen con el perrito para sacar los wiggles.
Rosa Cline
Jun 28, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2017, bedtime, kids
My special needs grown son giggled through this book as I read it to him. Mostly because the main character was a dog wiggling throughout the story. Each page he is 'wiggle' on something and everything. Simple storybook.
Megan - Alohamora Open a Book
B2B aka Books to Boogie, aka a dancing interactive storytime book.

I'd skip a few pages in the first third, but otherwise, you could have the kids making all the movements/actions right along with you.

Carolyn Jeziorski
Oct 08, 2018 rated it liked it
This is a fun rhyming book that was a good vocabulary builder for preschoolers. I wish it was more inviting to move along—the kids were not as active as they are when I’ve read From Head to Toe by Eric Carle.
Miss Pippi the Librarian
Another fun movement book in the series by Doreen Cronin and Scott Menchin. This one starts at the beginning of the day and ends at bedtime.

2019 storytime theme: book boogie

Reviewed from a library copy.
Christie At The Library
Jul 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
We read this book during story time and it was a big hit! Great for preschool and toddler age readers! I love how the book encourages movement and engagement, it makes it super easy to read to a large group or one on one
Kim Adams
Jan 03, 2018 rated it liked it
This would be a great book for a daycare or a very young child to talk about movement and be silly with wiggling. I didn't love the illustrations in this as much as I have in many of Cronin's other books (I'm assuming books with different illustrators). Overall a cute, quick read.
Kelly
Combine wiggling around with animals...cute book.
Mely
May 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
A great book to read just before bed. Helps the little ones get their wiggles out before going to sleep. Super simple text. Unique combination of illustration and digital art.
Molly Cluff (Library!)
We love Doreen Cronin. This one is super easy to incorporate actions with. Be prepared to wiggle in a variety of different ways!
Carrie
Oct 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Great motion for a fun and active read-aloud.
Katy
Sep 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Would be great for little ones.
Just plain fun!
Samantha
Jul 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Definitely one of my favorites to read at storytime. Love wiggling with everyone!
  • One Pup's Up
  • The Seals on the Bus
  • Farmyard Beat
  • Tanka Tanka Skunk!
  • Clip-Clop
  • Is Everyone Ready for Fun?
  • Wow! Said the Owl
  • Jump!
  • Who Ate All the Cookie Dough?
  • I Took My Frog to the Library
  • Hilda Must Be Dancing
  • A Boy and His Bunny
  • Dog's Colorful Day: A Messy Story About Colors and Counting
  • Put It On the List!
  • The Croaky Pokey!
  • We've All Got Bellybuttons!
  • Tiny Little Fly
  • Hooray For Fish!
Doreen Cronin was a practicing attorney in Manhattan when her first book Click, Clack Moo: Cows That Type became a publishing success. But her book was not published overnight. In fact, she had written this barnyard tale even before attending law school but only received rejection letters from publishers. Five years after submitting the original manuscript she got a call from a publisher who wante ...more