Start by marking “Beyond the Western Sun (The Whisper Legacy, #1)” as Want to Read:
Beyond the Western Sun (The Whisper Legacy, #1)

Beyond the Western Sun (The Whisper Legacy #1)

4.24  ·  Rating details ·  58 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
When seven-year-old Cole Daivya vanishes beneath raging rapids in the Smoky Mountains, Ian Daivya's refusal to accept his son's fate leads him to a partnership with Whisper, a young Cherokee apprentice, for a terrifying journey into the heart of Native American lore. A landmark indicating the divide between the living and dead, the Western Sun signifies Whisper and Ian's e ...more
Nook, 288 pages
Published December 19th 2010 by Kristina Circelli (first published December 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Beyond the Western Sun, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Beyond the Western Sun

N
May 21, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Starting this as soon as it gets here!
Sarah-Jane
Jan 03, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This review has taken me so long to complete. I apologise now. It wasn't because the book was shit because honestly it wasn't it was because half way through I had some devastating news and this book was too close to home so I put the book down for a few weeks and returned to it when I felt strong enough. 4 stars goes to Beyond the Western Sun.

If this book taught me anything it was ' not to trust what you see' and 'too long a little deeper'.

Ian & Cole are part of the Diavya Family. They are
Star Bookworm
Jun 06, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: general-lit
I know an author going to IndieFest in FL. As I was perusing their website for other authors attending, Kristina's author bio stuck out with her Native American theme. She is spreading some of her heritage with a mix of the fantasy fiction. Native American's are natural born storytellers, as most of their history is passed through oral tradition. I have always been fascinated with their origin stories and folk legends explaining why we exist in this world and the part humanity plays in nature. T ...more
Sally (jcbsjr)
Sep 16, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed the mystical aspect of this book and am looking forward to the sequel. The storyline was creative & original and it's definitely not a cookie-cutter formulaic book (ie, John Grisham - I enjoy some of his books but some of the read the same storyline with just a different protaganist - man in one story, woman in another). I like that the book was descriptive enough to be able to picture what's going on in my head but not overly descriptive with details that are irrelevant.
Steph N
Nov 03, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the kind of book that grips you from start to finish. As soon as I began reading, I felt transported to another world. I didn't leave that world until I finished the final page. I have two favorite genres- fantasy and self-discovery. To find a book in which an incredible, fantastic world is brought to life on paper and to have the characters in that world take such extraordinary journeys was heaven for me! I cannot wait to read the sequel!
Terri
Feb 22, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Though this book is very well written and even has a great story, I just couldn’t get into it. I don’t have anything bad to say about the story itself or the writing; it just didn’t fit my personal interests. I quit reading after getting through half the book. I would still recommend this to others who are interested, it just wasn’t for me.
Mandi (YIOughta)
This book was amazing. The characters were extremely well written and the story plays out wonderfully. The imagery is beautiful throughout the whole book. I purchased the sequel just seconds after finishing this one. I can't wait for the next one. I highly recommed this series.
Apr 29, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book! It's one of those stories that grabs you and doesn't let go! The story takes you on a mystical journey and truly immerses you in it's world! The characters truly stood out for me and I can't wait to read the sequel!
Katherine
Aug 29, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
By the third page, I was hooked. The characters felt so real, and the plot was so interesting. I couldn't put it down and read it in one evening. I even convinced my husband, who hates reading, to give it a try.
M.R. Polish
May 03, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was very well written. Unique and creative. Definitely a lot of thought went into it.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • The Lady and The Cowboy
  • Lost in Infinity
  • Sweet Water
  • Why You're Not Married . . . Yet: The Straight Talk You Need to Get the Relationship You Deserve
  • Elizabeth's Secrets
  • Sisters of Spirit #1-4, Boxed Set Courage Dares (Sisters of Spirit 1 - 4)
  • Tarzan of the Apes/The Return of Tarzan
  • Catch Her If You Can (Samantha Spade #3)
  • The Divided Child
  • Everything Is Broken
  • To Love A Hero
  • Someone to Watch Over Me (Sonoran Security, #1)
  • Mending Fences (Texas Heat, #1)
  • Insomnia: Paranormal Tales, Science Fiction, and Horror
  • Cowboy's Kiss (Heartthrob Heroes Series)
  • A New Day (StrikeForce #1)
  • The Kingdom of Eternal Sorrow (The Golden Mage, #1)
  • Jonah (Deardon Mini-Series #1, Redbourne Prequel #0.5)
Kristina Circelli is the author of adult and YA fiction novels. A descendent of the Cherokee nation, Circelli holds both a Bachelor of Arts and Master of Arts in English from the University of North Florida. Currently, she works as both a copywriter and creative writing professor, in addition to writing her own novels.

Her latest series, The Whisper Legacy, is steeped in the spoken narratives of N
More about Kristina Circelli...

The Whisper Legacy (3 books)
  • Walk the Red Road (The Whisper Legacy, #2)
  • Into the Shadow Realm