Start by marking “I Have Something to Tell You: A Memoir” as Want to Read:
I Have Something to Tell You: A Memoir

I Have Something to Tell You: A Memoir

3.71  ·  Rating Details  ·  79 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
For ten years, Regan Hofmann lived a double life. To the world, she was a woman from Princeton who went to prep school, summered in the Hamptons and rode Thoroughbred horses. She had a great job, a loving family and friends and looks that made men turn their heads. From the outside, she seemed to have it all. On the inside, though, coursing through her veins and weighing h ...more
Published September 22nd 2009 by Atria Books (first published September 12th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about I Have Something to Tell You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Have Something to Tell You

Celeste
May 29, 2011 Celeste rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2011
After I had read My Own Country, I wanted to read more about AIDS, specifically the personal experience. I already knew that HIV was passed through blood and mucuous membranes, and wasn't interested in sermonizing. I wanted to see what it was like for different people living with it (and to some extent, dying with it). So I ordered this book because I read about it being about a heterosexual woman. My interest was piqued.

The writing is not bad. It's not high art, but Hofmann has a certain flair
Bronwyn
Dec 28, 2010 Bronwyn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I know Regan from the barn where I rode when I was younger.
She is a startling beautiful woman, and her book is straightforward and honest.
Cookie
This isn't a book I really wanted to read, but I had to choose a second nonfiction book, and I panicked and chose this from my library. It hasn't been entirely satisfying yet, but it's okay for now!
I was going to mark this as a DNF mostly because I had already "faked" reading this for my English class, and because of my other books. But since I didn't return it yet, I'm going to try it again, and hopefully finish it.
it doesn't get any better towards the end, but I feel bad when I don't finish a
Terri Ann
Repetitive, did not elaborate much on life with HIV except for how it impacted relationships. I was diappointed, hoping to learn more about what a personal account of having it would be, (what treatments? what runs through your mind each day?) instead she focused on how other people reacted to her HIV and how it made her feel. It is a good read, but it was disappointing for what I was expecting.
Marian
Oct 23, 2010 Marian rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely loved this book. I could not put it down. It is not a book that I would normally pick up off the bookshelf (I must confess the only reason why I did was because it had a horse on it) but I'm so happy that I decided to read this. I literally could not put it down. Regan writes in a way that is so personal, that I felt as if I had known her for years. I recommend this to everyone!
Rebecca Grace
This book was one that, once started, I wished would hurry up and be done with. A memoir of living a secret live HIV positive, coming out, and taking her cause on the road, this book wasn't very well written, at times completely yawn-worthy, and just plain boring. I'm very happy for the author and her cause, her achievements and successes. But writing this book just wasn't one of them.
Rai
Jun 10, 2010 Rai rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Totally interesting story, how one well-off woman deals and perseveres after getting an HIV positive diagnosis, back when that meant she had one or two years to live. It dragged a bit in parts, but worth reading.
Teddie
Jun 12, 2011 Teddie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked this book. The beginning of the book sucked you right in. But torwards the end it dragged a bit. I wish she had told her more about daily life being HIV+ and less about her love life.
Amy
Dec 28, 2009 Amy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was a good memoir, except I got tired of hearing time and again how she was worried whether she'd ever have a love life or not.
Josie
Oct 18, 2009 Josie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An engaging memoir that's educational and eye-opening at the same time.
Susan
Sep 26, 2009 Susan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
EXCELLENT. Quite an education from an incredible woman
Angiebee
Sep 22, 2011 Angiebee rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Thos book was great and really hit close to home.
Tiff
Tiff marked it as to-read
May 22, 2016
Denzel Scott
Denzel Scott marked it as to-read
May 17, 2016
Lynne E ODonnell
Lynne E ODonnell rated it it was amazing
Feb 23, 2016
James R. Gillespie
James R. Gillespie rated it it was amazing
Feb 14, 2016
SouthWestZippy
SouthWestZippy marked it as to-read
Feb 12, 2016
ShanLandis
ShanLandis marked it as to-read
Feb 11, 2016
Sarah marked it as to-read
Jan 19, 2016
Deborah Cummings
Deborah Cummings rated it really liked it
Mar 31, 2016
jennifer
jennifer rated it really liked it
Jan 14, 2016
Cheryl Uyehara
Cheryl Uyehara rated it it was amazing
Dec 24, 2015
Kerry
Kerry marked it as to-read
Nov 24, 2015
Russ Osterman
Russ Osterman rated it it was amazing
Nov 03, 2015
Stefan Constantine
Stefan Constantine rated it it was amazing
Sep 30, 2015
Bibi Rose
Bibi Rose marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2015
Elaine
Elaine rated it it was amazing
Aug 20, 2015
Wendy
Wendy added it
May 25, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

“One of the worst symptoms of HIV is secrecy...if you get HIV? You get secretive. Insular. Paranoid. Your life becomes a giant pretense so no one finds out you have this disease. You don't know what people will do for you because you are too afraid to tell them.” 3 likes