Start by marking “Blind Fury (Anna Travis, #6)” as Want to Read:
Blind Fury (Anna Travis, #6)

Blind Fury (Anna Travis #6)

3.93  ·  Rating details ·  1,924 Ratings  ·  160 Reviews
When the body of a young woman is discovered close to a highway service station, Detective Inspector Anna Travis is brought on to the team of investigators by her former lover and boss, Detective Chief Superintendent Langton. As more evidence is uncovered, the team realizes that they are contending with a triple murder investigation—and no suspect.

But then a murderer Anna
Published July 5th 2011 by Touchstone (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Blind Fury, please sign up.

Recent Questions

This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Gary
Oct 01, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the 6th book in the Anna Travis series by author Lynda La Plante.
In this book Detective Anna Travis investigates a serial killer who is targeting prostitutes. The latest victim is found naked by a truck stop and she is proving difficult to identify. With the mounting pressure to make progress on the case, Anna is offered help from a surprising source. An evil killer named Cameron Welsh, a lifer who Anna previously helped put behind bars is offering his help by identifying the serial kill
Karen
Jul 20, 2010 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I've been happily reading the Anna Travis series by Lynda La Plante since the first book and enjoying them. Despite a few odds and ends that can be mildly annoying. Ongoing romantic angst, a tricky senior officer (in this case the early on love interest as well), and some seriously big books without always having quite enough story to fill out all of the pages.

BLIND FURY, unfortunately, nearly defeated me before the end. Which is a pity. Because the investigative elements of this book are actua
Michele Brenton
Oh dear. Perhaps it is because I have just read two extremely well written books in this genre that this one seems so clunky and awkward? I simply cannot force myself through it. I am on page 54 and already I want to hurl it across the room in irritation.

I have just finished reading The Distant Echo by Val McDermid and Knots & Crosses by Ian Rankin. This is no coincidence as I was shopping at the Range and they were selling crime novels at two for fiver and these are three of a set of four m
Trish
Mar 19, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am a huge fan of Linda LaPlante, even though some of her work does not always reach the levels of her best work. Who's among us does? Once, after she’d directed a successful TV series, I saw some interviews with the actor stars. They said she did enormous amounts of research and followed real case developments closely in writing her own screenplays. Frankly, it shows. One of the best things about her dramas, whether for the reading, listening, or watching audience, is the authenticity of the v ...more
Sam Still Reading
Jul 11, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: people who have read the other books in the series
Recommended to Sam Still Reading by: read the other books in the series
I must say that I don’t take a lot of notice of the titles of Lynda La Plante’s DI Anna Travis novels, as I don’t think they usually relate to the actual novel. I suppose this book (the latest in the series) does, but you wouldn’t make the link until the end.

This book is about another murder case that DI Travis is working on, the murder of three women whose bodies were all found just off a London motorway. It’s a dead case with very few leads. Enter a murderer in gaol who specifically states he
Ashley
Mar 05, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This is the lowest rating I've ever given a book on this site thus far.
The writing style felt detached. Oft times the dialogue was stiff with no show of character.
And the character themselves felt very bland and 2d. I know this is in the middle of a series but a lot of the characters personalities was based on simple assumptions. And one should never stop exploring characters, even in a series, as it allows the reader closer understanding of the character.
The lead was supposed to be some strong
Sharon
Jan 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2016
What an interesting story, I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Detective Inspector Anna Travis is leading the investigation of the gruesome murders of three women. Their raped and brutalized bodies have been dumped close to a truck stop between London and Manchester. The cases are similar enough that Anna demands more investigation into the lives and possible connection between the 3 women. Her former lover, Chief Inspector Langdon is the head of her department, therefore, she needs to tread carefully arou
Cheryl
Jul 30, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Detective Anna Travis has a serial killer on her hands. Someone is targeting prostitutes and killing them. The latest victim was found naked and by a truck stop. Anna and the rest of her unit have tried everything to identify the woman but she is a Jane Doe. With the trail growing cold, Anna’s boss is feeling the pressure to crack the case and soon. So when opportunity presents itself to Anna in the form of an offer from inmate, Cameron Welsh offering to help Anna track the killer, she can not p ...more
Eric_W
Jul 07, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Linda LaPlante writes excellent police procedurals in several series. This one features DI Anna Travis whom we saw earlier involved in a ridiculous affair with her boss, Superintendent Langton who continues to have a presence and influence on the investigations. He's also a very bright detective as we see in one scene.

The scenes with Cameron Walsh were a bit too reminiscent of "Silence of the Lambs." Walsh is a killer Travis had jailed years earlier but he's obsessed with her and claims to be ab
Fiona Caldarevic
Mar 11, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: detective
Haven't read a police crime book in ages, and what a delight. I'm a big fan of police shows, especially British ones, so can imagine exactly what this story would look like on TV.

There was a lot of detail, and the unfolding of the evidence was methodical and fascinating, even in the bits that were supposed to be tedious. But sometimes there was too much detail.. in the end especially. Hate it when some books don't tie up all the loose ends, but this book tied everything up and then some. It all
Kathleen Hagen
Blind Fury, by Lynda LaPlante, B.,Narrated by Kim Hicks, produced by Audiogo, (audible inc.) downloaded from audible.com.

Anna Travis is assigned to a case involving a body that turned up by a poorly supervised truck stop/station. Other girls turn up in the same vicinity. Their bodies go unidentified because no one steps forward to even declare them missing. Anna gets a letter from a stone-cold killer that she put away for life. This killer claims to have information about this series of crimes.
Ilze
Nov 30, 2010 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I know, after having read "The Talisman" I said I wouldn't read another La Plante. But my husband spotted it at a bookshop and bought it for me before I could stop him ... so I made my way through this slow mover: A couple of "cold cases" which are recognized as the work of a serial killer. La Plante has lost her touch and her editor has again left her in the lurch. In one interview Mike Lewis is questioning Smiley, the next moment "Langton pushes him relentlessly"! Another example is a photo Tr ...more
Beejay
Jul 14, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I can't remember when I last read a book that was such a page-turner.

Being a fan of the Trial and Retribution and Prime Suspect television series, I was drawn to sample some of Lynda La Plante's writing, although a bit hesitant as I'm not a fan of crime fiction, and I am a terriby scaredy cat, so this was our first meeting.

"Blind Fury" is a book which is not about the writing at all, just purely and simply a pacey read. It's a murder mystery with no gruesome bits to make sleeping difficult, a c
Feb 02, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2015
More of a three and a half than a four but definately not a three.....

I've read a few of Lynda La Plantes other books and can confirm this wasn't up to her usual standard.

Still so readable and you certainly feel compelled to keep turning those pages but the plot was a little flat.

This was a little predictable and felt a little farfetched. SPOILERS.............

I didnt think it was right how it ended.... especially Annas new mind frame after the Ken thing (not too big a spoiler).

Just felt flat i
April
Dec 08, 2011 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I cannot understand how anyone could give this book more than two stars. It was very poorly written and edited. But more than that, it was slow-moving and almost completely transparent. The characters were not well-developed. There were many inconsistencies. There are too many good books out there to waste your time on this one.
Vivienne
Nov 15, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: crime
Another gripping page-turner in this series of police procedurals. Le Plante certainly captures how detailed and at times tedious an investigation like this is.

I really hope she continues to develop this series.
Risa
Nov 08, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The beginning of this book was very slow. Actually it didn't exciting until page 200 or so which for a mystery is a very long time to wait for something exciting to happen. The conclusion(s) were very obvious early on in the book. I wouldn't waste my time reading this one. Don't know why I did?
Jo
Feb 23, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not read a La Plante for some time - I think the TV drama series has put me off. But it was a good plot (although a little slow in places) - a couple of good twists near the end. A good read.
Jeremy
Dec 17, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
The story is long and predictable and the characters are uninteresting. It seemed like more a chronicle of the main character's very average life than a novel that was meant to entertain anyone.
Brenda
Jul 17, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm afraid this book disappointed me...it was so incredibly drawn out, and repetitious. I enjoyed the story line though, with Anna showing up the rest of the team, once again.
Eleanor
Sep 22, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
*spoilers*
Finally finished this book, thought i was never going to finish it!! Not La Plante's best work to the point where i was struggling to keep picking it back up.

To begin with it didn't flow and often felt clunky in places, with details provided about characters and scenarios that didn't add anything extra but seemed pointless for example what Travis makes herself for dinner or does/doesn't have in her fridge.

The whole premise of the book is trusting one killer to catch another and it felt
Jul 29, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: british, action, detective
Blind Fury has Anna Travis getting on with her life sans DCS Langton. A young girl's body found in a ditch turns out to be one of a serial killers victims. Polish descent and hard to identify end up being clues to the killer. Anna finds love again when she travels up to visit a sociopathic prisoner, who is obsessed with her but claims to know how to solve her serial murder mystery, where she meets a prison guard who seems perfect. All is not as it seems though and tragedy strikes leaving Anna be ...more
Jacqueline Ellis
Have not read any of her works before but have seen some of the TV adaptations.Started well but about a quarter of the way through I began to find it turgid,lacking any sense of tension and urgency. A little further on I began skipping pages,then large chunks!
I found the characters rather 'stock' in personality generally and the plot regarding the imprisoned serial killer unbelievable(and it seemed very like 'The Silence of the Lambs-not sure who plagiorised who!)
Very disappointing.
May 24, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Quite a good crime novel but unrealistic & rushed in places & the more books I read in this series, the more I dislike Travis. Seeing as she's the main character it then holds you back from caring what happens to her. She's a controlling, arrogant cold fish. Wouldn't want to be stuck in a lift with her.
Ada Iaboni
In this book, we get to see some of Anna Travis's personal life that gave you some ideas that she could have deep emotions.
She falls for a man that gives her love that she had never felt before. But as she continues to dig into several murders, things get really complicated and creepy.
It went on for a LONG time! and I was loosing interest when they finally got the bad guy.
Elizabeth
Jun 16, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This is the first Lynda La Plante book I've read and I was not impressed. I found the story to be very predictable and the characters to be very underdeveloped.
Kim Bardon
Jul 19, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Always a good read from Lynda La Plante. This story has you guessing right to the last few chapters until it came together. Her books are real turn pagers and you won't be disappointed with this one.
Carylanne
not nearly as enjoyable as Silent Scream. I felt I had fallen asleep while listening, and yet I had not and wished I had. Hate the ending. guess Ii must go on to the next installment of Anna's life.
Cindy
Mar 22, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Interesting plot with twists (some sad) portend to main character's newer (not better) personality changes. Well narrated.
J.M. Cornwell
Detective Inspector Anna Travis has a new cold case, four women raped, strangled, murdered, and then thrown into a field near the Gateway Services on the M1 outside London. The women were victims of a serial killer, the same serial killer, but something is off. DI Travis can feel it and so can her boss Detective Chief Supervisor Langton, her ex-lover.

The man in their sights works for Swell Blinds. John Smiley is all that he seems and more. No one has a bad word to say about him and he is very c
  • Die with Me (Mark Tartaglia, #1)
  • Voodoo Doll (Detective Jill Jackson, #2)
  • The Demon of Dakar
  • A House to Die For (Darby Farr, #1)
  • Spider Trap (Brock & Kolla, #9)
  • The Dead of Winter (John Madden, #3)
  • From the Dead (Tom Thorne, #9)
  • Star Struck (Kate Brannigan, #6)
  • The Wreckage (Joseph O'Loughlin, #5)
  • A King of Infinite Space (Long Beach Homicide, #1)
  • Cold in Hand (Charles Resnick, #11)
  • Rough Justice (Dan Shepherd, #7)
  • Frozen Stiff (Mattie Winston Mysteries, #3)
  • Three Complete Novels: M is for Malice / N is for Noose / O is for Outlaw
  • Lennox (Lennox, #1)
  • Red Delicious Death (Orchard, #3)
  • Judgement and Wrath (Joe Hunter, #2)
  • Lost Souls (DC Laura McGanity, #2)
Lynda La Plante (born Lynda Titchmarsh) is a British author, screenwriter, and erstwhile actress (her performances in Rentaghost and other programmes were under her stage name of Lynda Marchal), best known for writing the Prime Suspect television crime series.

Her first TV series as a scriptwriter was the six part robbery series Widows, in 1983, in which the widows of four armed robbers carry out a
More about Lynda La Plante...

Anna Travis (9 books)
  • Above Suspicion (Anna Travis #1)
  • The Red Dahlia (Anna Travis #2)
  • Clean Cut (Anna Travis, #3)
  • Deadly Intent (Anna Travis, #4)
  • Silent Scream (Anna Travis, #5)
  • Blood Line (Anna Travis, #7)
  • Backlash (Anna Travis, #8)
  • Wrongful Death (Anna Travis, #9)