Start by marking “40 Sufi Comics” as Want to Read:
40 Sufi Comics

40 Sufi Comics

3.85  ·  Rating details ·  78 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
Sufi Comics are short comics that illustrate the spiritual values in the traditions of Islam.

40 Sufi Comics is a collection of these comics in the form of a book. Alongside each comic are relevant verses from the Holy Qur'an and Traditions from the Prophet & the Ahlul Bayt. Some of the titles included in this book:
The Truth about Lies
Mother
Where does Wisdom come from?
Paperback, First, 98 pages
Published January 13th 2011 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about 40 Sufi Comics, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 40 Sufi Comics

Yousif Al Zeera
Jun 26, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: islamic
This comic book depicts in a comic form some Islamic stories (mostly revolving the 12 Imams according to the Jaafari school of thought). I liked the idea as I presume not many books of this kind are available. In addition, the authors (two brothers) supported each comic (story) with a number of Quranic verses and Islamic narrations.

The word "Sufi" may hold negative connotation to a large sect of the Muslim community but this comic book avoids Sufi preaching or the like. Its stories are based on
Luc Abdullah
Ada impian kecil untuk membukukan kembali kisah-kisah sebegini untuk kanak-kanak. Dari mula proses melukis, menulis dialog, mewarnakan/shading sehinggalah dijilid menjadi zine percuma.

Bertatih cakap orang. Lagi-lagi untuk kanak-kanak era millenium yang kebanyakannya lebih cenderung dengan imej untuk menarik perhatian mereka.

Cuma impian kecil selepas melunaskan tanggungjawab dan komitmen.
Sfi-Fi
Mar 29, 2016 rated it liked it
I hesitated at first, but I guess that it's the best thing I've read this morning. Light, short stories about faith, ethics, God's Existence and so on... ( with references as well ). I find it a cool idea to make such good comics, I'd probably re-read it every now and then :)
Hariz S. H
Mar 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Walaupun narasi penceritaan ada yang diambil dari cabang Jaafar (Ahl Bait), tetapi komentari dan rejukan Quran digunakan sangat tepat. Hadis yang biasa didengari, walaupun dalam tradisi Ahl Sunnah.

Pengajaran & moral yang padat. Sangat sesuai buat peringatan & dibaca sekali-kala.
MyIslamicLife
Dec 16, 2012 rated it liked it
I'm not entirely sure. The cartoons illustrate a point that is supported by quotes from The Quran, Prophet Muhammad and usually an Imam. I bought this for Mr. Fox, then I read it before I gave it to him in case he had any questions.
Fatimah Agha
Mar 24, 2011 rated it it was amazing
ASA
One of the most amazing books I've ever come across. Amazingly effective tool to get through to kids and teenagers especially. Just as effective for adults!!!
A pleasure to read!!

Jazakallah and please keep it going we are waiting for more!!!

Fatimah Agha
James Bell
Feb 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novel
Easy to break down the lessons and knowledge in these comics
Zachariah Ismail
Jul 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This was also a bit confusing for me. It had parts I could understand and other parts I couldn't understand.
Daniel Everton
Jan 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I read the online version, and it's quite good. I recommend it to many newbies and well-versed Muslims.
Joko
Apr 04, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Salah satu buku tasawuf terbaik! :bd :)
❄️ Propertea Of Frostea ❄️ Bitter SnoBerry ❄
The illustrator is my mom's friend and he lent this book, well it's a nice book to read. Accurate in its light demeanor but the passionate essence of the religious context wasn't lost. :)
Matt Friedman
Aug 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A simple and clear presentation of Sufi life and ethics, using mainly Shi`a sources. Some significant overlap with quotations and principles from the Gospels. ...more
Arif Vakil