Start by marking “What Price Victory (Warhammer 40,000)” as Want to Read:
What Price Victory (Warhammer 40,000)

What Price Victory (Warhammer 40,000)

3.66  ·  Rating details ·  77 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
In the nightmare world of the 41st millennium, humanity is locked in a desperate struggle for survival against a relentless tide of aliens.
Read tales of heroism and valour in this action-packed selection of savage science fiction stories ripped from the pages of Inferno! magazine.
Featuring brand new unseen stories from Dan Abnett and Simon Spurrier, as well as stories by
Published 2004 by Games Workshop(uk)

To ask other readers questions about What Price Victory, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about What Price Victory

Paulo "paper books always" Carvalho
This was an interesting anthology with one of my favourite tales of all times set in the warhammer 40k.

"Elucidium" by Simon Spurrier is a masterpiece. This tale made me swear in the end. It's that good. Twist upon twist that make you think what a heck just happenend. A inquisitor that really puts a question in our mouth. What a heck would you sacrifice to achieve victory in the end? What are willing to sacrifice? Surely Simon Spurrier is one of the best authors to write for BL. Unfortunally he l
William
Jan 25, 2008 rated it really liked it
William
Sep 21, 2017 rated it liked it
A collection of short stories set in the Grim Darkness of the 40k verse. Worth reading at least once.
Jaye
Jul 21, 2013 rated it liked it
Imagine my surprise at finding a Warhammer book at my local library. I haven't read much outside of the Horus Heresy series, but I occasionally will read one of these when I can get my hands on them. This is a short anthology. The leading story is by Dan Abnett, and features his popular characters, the Inquisitors Eisenhorn and Ravenor. The rest of the stories are uneven, though I enjoyed the twists and turns of Simon Spurrier's "Elucidium".
Chris
Feb 26, 2012 rated it really liked it
Book was good and has one of the best 40K short stories I think I've read - the one y Simon Spurrier was fantastic and had so many twists and turns that kept me guessing throughout the book. Overall, a few of the stories are covered elsewhere (the Caiphas Cain one is one of the omnibuses, as is the Ravenor/Esienhorn one). Overall, a gripping read.
Gianfranco Mancini
Best 40K short stories collection ever. Simon Spurrier's "Elucidium" is a masterpiece!!!
Taddow
Nov 27, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: warhammer-40-000
Good collection of Warhammer 40,000 short stories. The best one is the Eisenhorn/Ravenor cross-over.
Tejvir
Feb 14, 2018
Tom Leeland
Jul 02, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Publisher, editor, art director, these days for his imprint Angry Robot - winning slogan "the best in SF, F and WTF?!" - but also previously publisher of both Black Library and Solaris. Before that - a whole swathe of books for children and teens, both fiction and non-fiction, tie-ins and original works, as well as games, journalism, computer games and more. Probably in need of a good sit down.
More about Marc Gascoigne