Start by marking “Just for the Night” as Want to Read:
Just for the Night

Just for the Night (24 Hours: Blackout #4)

3.46  ·  Rating details ·  87 Ratings  ·  15 Reviews
Power outages happen, and you have to be somewherelike in an empty storewith your ex. Who is still irresistible. And hot. And who knows how to make the most out of a dark situation.

Checklist for: Larissa Zahn

☑ Food

☑ Water

☑ First aid kit (With condoms. Be prepared. Very, very prepared.)

☑ Someone you're still overwhelmingly into (Jason Cantrell, I'm looking at you.)

☑ Plent

Published April 19th 2011 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Just for the Night, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Just for the Night

Wendy
Oct 17, 2014 rated it it was ok
The sex in this novel was great. Super hot. Love angst? Plenty of it. So what was the problem? Based on those two aspects, you would think you'd have a recipe for a successful romance novel, but nope, couldn't be more wrong.

The author's note said that she wanted to write a story about two people who clearly were right for each other, but needed the time to figure it all out. But you know what? After reading the entire book, I actually don't think they're right for each other. I don't think they'
Helen
May 09, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This is one blazing hot book and I loved it Tawny writes such awesome stories Jason and Larissa were so made for each other. Loved the theme of being locked in a mall and no elecrticity for the night candles and chocolate set the scene.
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
What does a giant koteka, painted on chocolate and guilt have in common? A man and a woman who fell in love so fast they forgot a few basic ingredients to a relationship and have a second chance to get it right.

I liked how the author introduced each character at their current point in their lives. I found it interesting that although these two people crossed paths before and went their separate ways, like a boomerang, they’re coming full circle. But have they learned anything at all in the inte
Mem
B612 May11 24 hours: Blackout. Larissa Zahn has been planning and working to having her own book store. She also thought she had the love of her life in Jason Cantrell, until Jason accused her of cheating. It wasn't love if didn't trust her. He has an adventure business with his brother Peter. They want to open Can-Do Adventures in the same space she wants for her romance store. Due to the blackout they are locked in the empty mall.
Mandi Schreiner
May 09, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: contemporary
Larissa is known for romance. She turned an online romance column into a job for Cosmopolitan Magazine. But she now has her sights set on opening a retail store where books, movies, music and everything else a woman would need for romance could go – and she knows just the space. The Cartright Hotel has one opening left in its ritzy retail space, and Larissa wants it, badly. She meets with Conner Cartright who is not only part owner, but a childhood friend who has kept in touch. She actually brok ...more
Michelle
Apr 05, 2011 rated it really liked it
Just For The Night is part of the 24 Hours: Blackout series by Tawny Weber and a Romance from Harlequin Blaze.

Book Blurb:

Things to Do in a Blackout...

Power outages happen, and you have to be prepared. After all, you could be trapped somewhere - like in an empty store - with your ex. Who is still irresistible. And hot. And who knows how to make the most out of a dark situation.

Checklist for: Larissa Zahn

* Food
*Water
*First aid kit (With condoms. Be prepared. Very, very prepared.)
*Someone you’re st
Habrewer
Apr 19, 2011 rated it really liked it
Just for the Night by Tawny Weber
* I received this ARC free from the author in exchange for an honest review*

Just for the Night finds Larissa and Jason locked in a high end mall all night with nothing but each for company. Larissa is meeting with Conner about the last retail space he has in the mall attached to his new hotel. She wants that space to open a romance store and she has convinced herself this is just what she needs to get over her ex-finance.

Jason has flown in to meet with the owners
RLA
Jun 03, 2011 rated it liked it
The heroine Larissa is about to take her career one step further with the hope of winning an empty store in a brand new hotel. After she has given her pitch she is left trapped in the hotel due to a city wide blackout with the hero Jason. Jason is also hoping to win the empty store as a base for his own business. Jason and Larissa were engaged a few years back, which ended badly, very badly, after Jason was led to believe Larissa cheated on him. Larissa was deeply hurt that Jason could accuse he ...more
Melinda
Jan 21, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
Current Harlequin authors seem to focus on communication more. I truly appreciate this. What I really love about romance novels is the exploration of human behavior. Larissa has been hurt by Jason in the past. At the present time, the only thing these two having going for them is excellent sex. They were almost married but he accused her of cheating and she didn’t defend herself because he should trust her. The author does a great job of showing how we go wrong in relationships. We don’t communi ...more
Kitty Felone
Oct 20, 2013 rated it did not like it
I tried to read this. I really did. I even made it through half the first chapter.

But that's pretty much where it ended.

Maybe it's because the writer is too wordy... no, no that's pretty much it. The writer is obnoxiously wordy. She talks and narrates so much that it slows down the pace of the story. I want to read a good story that keeps a good pace between action and dialogue. She doesn't do this well.

In fact, she doesn't do it at all. She's taking so much time describing and explaining where
Netanella
Jan 08, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: blaze
I had a hard time with the book blurb, because it didn't match my expectations for the storyline. Usually this is a problem typical of the cover image, but at least that got the curly-headed Larissa down pat. All in all, however, an enjoyable book about second chances.
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: 24 Hours
Jamie Jones
Jun 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This is at least the second Tawny Weber romance I've read, and it's a great read. It is part of the 24 hour blackout miniseries, which I love.
Sylvia Thoen
Mar 23, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: diversen
Standaard harlequin boekje.
Even wegzwijmelen en verstand op 0.
Lekker boekje voor tussendoor.
Sabrina
rated it did not like it
Oct 22, 2013
  • Night Maneuvers
  • Roped in
  • The Keeper
  • Breathless Descent
  • High Stakes Seduction (Uniformly Hot!, #17)
  • Tailspin (Uniformly Hot!, #19)
  • Cowboys Like Us (Sons of Chance, #6)
  • The Mighty Quinns: Riley (The Mighty Quinns, #16)
  • The Braddock Boys: Travis (Blaze) (Braddock Boys, #3) (Love at First Bite, #6)
  • Terms of Surrender (Harlequin Blaze) (Uniformly Hot!, #18)
  • Inevitable
  • Model Marine
  • Caught on Camera
  • In Good Hands
New York Times and USA TODAY Bestselling author of more than forty books, Tawny Weber loves writing about sexy heroes, most notably her popular Navy SEALs series. Her sassy, emotional romances are filled with men dedicated to being the best—and women determined to have the best. Tawny credits her ex-military alpha husband for inspiration in her writing, and in her life. The recipient of numerous w ...more
More about Tawny Weber...

24 Hours: Blackout (6 books)
  • Night Moves (Harlequin Blaze #194)
  • Why Not Tonight (Harlequin Blaze #200)
  • Daring in the Dark (Harlequin Blaze, #206)
  • Mine Until Morning