Start by marking “Just Kid Me Old Highway Old Wildway O Pecos Bill” as Want to Read:
Just Kid Me Old Highway Old Wildway O Pecos Bill

Just Kid Me Old Highway Old Wildway O Pecos Bill

2.17  ·  Rating details ·  6 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
Published August 28th 2010 by Sagebrush Press (UT) (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Just Kid Me Old Highway Old Wildway O Pecos Bill, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Just Kid Me Old Highway Old Wildway O Pecos Bill

Jay
Regular followers of my reviews will know that I finish everything I start. It's something I have to do, I can't help it. In the past three years, I have only ever stopped reading one book halfway through, which was The Red Lamp of Incest: An Enquiry into the Origins of Mind and Society by Robin Fox. I can now add a second book to that list.

Excuse me, but this book is awful. I couldn't follow it, and I tried so hard to. It started off promising- a somewhat old-time religion, fantasy, American Go
Jennifer (JC-S)
Mar 16, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: review-books
‘Once upon a time, years before the Kid’s fight in the desert with Grandpa Walt’s flashlight, the world consisted of animals at play. And this certainly deserves some thought.’

Some twenty years after grade school, the Kid awakens one night in Southern California to find Pecos Bill and the Widowmaker (a 1957Eldorado Biarritz convertible) on his lawn. Pecos Bill, a childhood friend, has a list of bold pronouncements and some scary secrets. The Kid can’t ignore Pecos Bill, and ends up being part o
Stephanie
Aug 31, 2011 rated it did not like it
The title says it all- this book makes absolutely no sense. The majority of the time I found myself staring dumbfounded at the pages, hoping Mr. Linehan had been on some kind of mind-altering drug while writing. Then again, I don’t know what would possess Sagebrush Press to publish this novel either. It was painful to finish and I may have lost a few brain cells along the way.

Words elude me when I try to think of something good to point out about Just Kid Me Old Highway Old Wildway O Pecos Bill.
LC Piper
Apr 29, 2011 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: Swazy Southwestern Contemporary Poetic Experience Readers
This story is hard to follow. In general it has been edited well, but the story isn't written like most books I've read and therefore I had great difficulty reading it. It has elements of poetic writing, disjuncted realities and holds a very stylized writing method.
It frusterated me in that it would often say something then immediately say that this is not important...so why say it? I'm guessing for the effect it carries through out the book.
I'm sure someone out there will like this story, but
Ken
Apr 29, 2011 rated it really liked it
I really liked 'Just Kid Me Old Highway Old Wildway O Pecos Bill' by William Linehan for its originality. It's a great book to read with a vivacious writing style; which might confuse or slow down readers who are looking for an easy or quick read.
Julia
May 31, 2011 rated it did not like it
This book baffled me, I couldn't understand what in the world was going on most of the time. I tried I really did.
Hope
May 01, 2011 marked it as to-read
Just won this on good reads, thanks!!
Cass