Start by marking “Liquid Gold: The Lore And Logic Of Using Urine To Grow Plants” as Want to Read:
Liquid Gold: The Lore And Logic Of Using Urine To Grow Plants

Liquid Gold: The Lore And Logic Of Using Urine To Grow Plants

Don't flush it down the loo - save your pee and fertilize your garden! Because it is not recyclde, our urine is wasted and pollutes the water system. Yet it could provide 50%-100% of the nutrients needed to grow our food. Use your pee to make a liquid manure: recycle, save water and energy, and prevent pollution, all at the same time!
Paperback
Published January 1st 2004 by Green Books

To ask other readers questions about Liquid Gold, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Liquid Gold

Start your review of Liquid Gold: The Lore And Logic Of Using Urine To Grow Plants
Tracie
Apr 05, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: gardening
What an interesting, unusual book. I read it because I have been using bedding from my horse's stalls in my garden for the last two years (which is soaked with horse urine) and my garden just exploded.
Hester
Sep 20, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is definitely a thought-provoking book. My real problem with it was, in many ways, a collection of anecdotes rather than a survey of scientific work and suggestion of ideas on a larger level. Most people do not want to think about pee, let alone collect their own and put it on the compost heap. They will, however, happily pee into their school urinal, knowing the urine collected will later be collected to fertilize the school orchard. I think the book did not tackle this dilemma head on. ...more
Kris Rafferty
Jun 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Recycling urine to prevent it from polluting our waterways is a serious solution to a serious problem. This book takes a practical look at one more way we can save our planet. Well written and thoroughly researched, the author has important information to share. Maybe we need to start listening.
Cheryl Devine
Nov 18, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Great so far. Not as good as the Humanure book, but I'd still recommend it
Cindy
Mar 02, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: src-presentation
Pretty interesting. I wish the pictures of the toilets were better

to present:

Chapter on Liquid Gold pg. 10-25
Clivemichael
Accessible and entertaining. Much emphasis on patent devices. Remember, Urine Charge
David Gamble
It's a good introduction book, but there needs to be more detail or information in some areas. It's also a little unclear on some points. Definitely worth a quick read through as introduction material though.
Jenna Citrus
Dec 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow! What a change on my perspective this book has given me. I highly recommend everyone with an open mind reads this book.
Fernleaf
This a short book about urine. Includes some interesting history and lore of urine throughout the ages, and then a pointed argument for the use of urine as a fertilizer instead of as a pollutant. This is particularly appropriate since the main nutrient component of urine is nitrogen which is currently made using natural gas for synthetic chemical fertilizers. Urine is relatively easy to use and fairly safe compared to feces. An informative book and a great ice-breaker.
Anna
Dec 02, 2010 rated it liked it
This book has good information, but there's just not enough of it to make a book (even a 95 page one like this is.) I've summarize the most important points of using urine as fertilizer in the garden on my blog.
Kathely
Feb 04, 2016
Mrs A W Brown
Oct 16, 2016
« previous 1 3 next »

• Live and Learn and Pass It on: People Ages 5 to 95 Share What They've Discovered about Life, Love, and Other Good Stuff
  • Hippie Food: How Back-to-the-Landers, Longhairs, and Revolutionaries Changed the Way We Eat
  • Bokashi Composting: Scraps to Soil in Weeks
  • Home Composting Made Easy
  • Live And Learn And Pass It On, Volume III
  • The Wellness Project: A Hedonist's Guide to Making Healthier Choices
  • Foundations of Flavor: The Noma Guide to Fermentation
  • Twelve Sharp (Stephanie Plum, #12)
  • What Can I Do with My Herbs?: How to Grow, Use, and Enjoy These Versatile Plants
  • Little Weirds
  • The Rodale Book of Composting: Easy Methods for Every Gardener
  • Life's Little Instruction Book: 511 Suggestions, Observations, and Reminders on How to Live a Happy and Rewarding Life
  • Food Routes: Growing Bananas in Iceland and Other Tales from the Logistics of Eating
  • Flower Confidential: The Good, the Bad, and the Beautiful in the Business of Flowers

News & Interviews