Start by marking “Strange Angels and Betrayals (Strange Angels, #1-2)” as Want to Read:
Strange Angels and Betrayals (Strange Angels, #1-2)

Strange Angels and Betrayals

(Strange Angels #1-2)

The first two books in Lili St. Crow’s New York Times bestselling Strange Angels series are published together in one volume for the first time!

Sixteen-year-old Dru Anderson exploded onto the paranormal scene in Strange Angels—and fought for her life at a secret Schola for djamphir and wulfen teens in Betrayals. Perfectly timed to lead up to the publication of series final
Published September 1st 2011 by Razorbill

Kathleen
May 23, 2012 rated it did not like it
"The dishes from last night were still crouched in the sink."

Sorry that line ruined any hope of liking this book.

I hope those dishes don't spring up and attack.
Danielle Folker
Sep 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-library
Well technically, I'm only finished with the first book. I really enjoyed it! Way more than I was expecting. This was sort of different from your normal vampire/werewolf stories. Dru is a interesting character. Graves is kind of annoying at times even though I know he means well. I really like Christophe. I don't like the way Dru treated him at the end after all he had done for her. Sort of disappointed that it seems like Christophe isn't going to be in book 2 as much. I just got another book in ...more
Beth
Sep 08, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: ya, urban-fantasy, fiction
Hmm, what to say. I will say that I plowed through this two-books-in-one combination in less than 24 hours, and it obviously held my attention enough to get me through it quickly.

*SPOLIERS*

I did roll my eyes a little bit at the whole "werewolf vs vampire fight over a pretty girl" storyline, like it hasn't been done to death by the "Twilight" series. It was a little different, Graves seems to have an upper hand in the relationship triangle, and he is not strictly a werewolf; nor does Christophe s
Kati Williams
Apr 28, 2012 rated it liked it
I loved the books and they themselves deserved at least a four. They need to get a need editor for this series because there were errors all the way through and I could hardly focus on the characters when I was reading and re reading to try and understand what they were trying say. It is exceedingly difficult to read a sentence with no spaces and horrible spelling errors.
Aidan
Jan 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Strange Angels and Betrayals put together the first two books in Lili St. Crow's Strange Angles series.
In Strange Angles, Dru Anderson has "the touch" as her grandmother called it. It helps Dru and her father to find the paranormal Other, a world full of the things that go bump in the night. These creatures include ghosts, suckers, wulfen, and the rare zombie. Then, one day, Dru finds her father died and turned into a zombie. Dru finds help with Graves, a loup-garou, which is a wulfen with the
Holly
Jan 15, 2019 rated it liked it
Wasn't a very big fan of this one. I kinda had to force myself to finish it. The characters were fun but the story was not as interesting as the characters personalities to me.
Ella
Dec 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: why-emotions
All I can say is this is amazing! My friend hand me this book and said, “read.” I did, I loved it. Graves has to be my favorite but Dibs is a close second! I can’t stress how much I love it. Can’t wait to read the next book!
Arren
Feb 02, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mine, 2012-read
I picked up Lili St. Crow’s first Strange Angels entry because I’d read some of her adult urban fantasy books. I enjoyed those for the quick-paced, no-brainer reads that they are, a pleasant romp through near-pulp, and wondered if she could pull the same thing off in the YA market. Apparently she can because the older teens (and a number of adults, evidently) are flocking to her new series. So far the series hasn’t dipped into the sex scene, but we’re definitely in hard-R territory when it comes ...more
Agnes Sy
Aug 15, 2013 rated it it was ok
This is probably my least favorite paranormal series so far. I'm obviously in the minority here.

The story was painfully slow. Dru is not a very interesting character, and she thinks way too much for her own good. I think there were way too many conversations inside her head and it kind of just really slowed down the whole story.

Characters were a little boring, even her love interests weren't very interesting. I didn't care at all for Graves or Christophe.

One of the worst things about this boo
Kristen
Sep 14, 2012 rated it liked it
I don't even know where to start with this book! I liked it! It was just slow. There was a lot of time spent just inside Drus head just thinking, so after awhile it can get a little boring. Also, one thing I didn't really like was I found a lot of the action scenes were kind of confusing, an I would have to read them multiple times before id be able to understand. I'm not really sure how I feel about Graves. To me he seems just okay, nothing special(But I really hate how he has a unibrow lol. I ...more
Steffi
Apr 23, 2012 rated it really liked it
Dru and her father are always moving and chasing after all the things you'd thing that the don't exist. But her father dies on a job and Dru trys to find out with the help of her friend what her father had been working on. Then the misterious djamphir Chritophe turns up just in time to save her from a bunch of nasty werewolfes. It tunrs out he knew her father and he wants to help her getting to safty. But once she thinks shes save there are lots of new porblems to be solved.

I liked the book pret
Whitney- Lifestyle of a Blessed Bookworm
These books suck you in from the beginning. When Dru's father is killed and the evil comes looking for her she is forced to use her powers to hunt down ghosts, vampires, wulfen, and zombies. When she goes into hiding she finds herself stuck with Graves the cute boy from school. Together they face many obstacles and team up with Christophe (Sexy Vampire). The two boys do not trust one another, but both want to protect Dru. When Christophe leads them to a school for wulfen and djamphir they are fo ...more
Hanna Richardson
Jan 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Loved it! Every second I had time I was reading it. It kept my attention all the way through. I love that despite the two guys in this, I don't think love is really even a subplot in this. The story has a strong female lead and you really gotta admire Dru's courage. I love how well developed the relationship is with her and those around her. There is a lot of the books that is her thoughts, but at the same time it strengthens the book. Not another love triangle, and not Twilight. I highly recomm ...more
Meranda MacAulay
Apr 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Loved this book!!!! You can really feel what Dru is feeling and connect with her. The story itself is just an amazing thriller, always leaving you on the edge of your seat, if you love adventure and action with a love triangle you will love this book! its not some cliche vampire werewolf book its so much more with zombies, ghosts so much more i just loved the book and how its contently moving not in just one place its heart racing thriller keeping you on your toes with every turn of the page.
Winnifred
Dec 09, 2011 rated it liked it
I had skimmed through this, thinking the story would be about angels, but its not even close to it.
I thought there was just too much thoughts that flowed through her head (the italicized ones) and it made it difficult to read. And the plot wasn't even much to begin with. The sixth sense that was mentioned in the blurb made it seem like it would be a major part of it, but it wasn't.
Some of the descriptions, I felt, went for far too long. And the constant repetition of the phrases were irritating.
Chelzea
Jan 02, 2012 rated it liked it

The book is good though, I forced myself to finished it. I'm actually not into paranormal things, like Zombies or whatever.

My mind is off while i'm reading this.. Don't get me wrong, I like the book but honestly saying it's getting boring when you reached the second part. Maybe because I don't like paranormal thingys.

Well, I must end up my review here, I'm out of words...

If you like vampire and werewolves you can read this, It's likeable I should say.
Michelle
May 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I actually loved these books so much that the moment I finished, I jumped online to buy the next 3 in the series. There are some annoying things in the writing.. like the decriptive word overkill and the occasionally childish narrative from Dru.. but it didn't bother me enough to dislike the book. The characters were so interesting and genuinely likeable. The beginning hints of a love triangle were nice because they didn't distract from the book. I can't wait to keep reading.
Alyssa
Dec 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: owned, favorites
This series needs to be turned into a movie series, like the Hunger Games. It has a lot of potential. A lot of people are worried about the director missing an leaving out good parts. Lili St. Crow can help produce the movies, I mean she is the one who wrote them. My requests for characters would be Missy Peregrym as Dru, Drew Roy as Graves, and Alex Pettyfer as Christophe.
LOL_BOOKS
THERE'S A YA BOOK BY SOMEONE CALLED LILI ST CROW THAT SOME VERY SJ FANDOM PEOPLE BACK ON LJ LIKED WHICH CALLED A HALF-ASIAN CHARACTER A HALF BREED. THERE'S SHEER STUPIDITY INVOLVED HERE. AS FOR THE EDITORS, I THINK RACISM AGAINST ASIANS JUST DOESN'T RING BELLS THE SAME WAY IT DOES FOR OTHER ETHNICITIES.
J R
Sep 04, 2016 rated it it was ok
It's been quite a while since I rated a book without finishing it. I really tried to keep going, but I had to stop because I realized I was trying too hard. Nothing major was happening, and I felt like if this were made into a TV series, it would be the kind of series that would waste so many episodes just to get to a decent cliffhanger.
Elizabeth
Nov 18, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: supernatural
This series is starting out pretty interesting. I like Dru she's just a little nutty but who wouldn't be when dealing with the Real World. I also enjoy Graves he's an interesting Guy who becomes quite the hero since he gets bitten by a werewulfen. I'm interested to see where this series go and who's behind the death of drus mom.
Julia
Mar 21, 2016 rated it did not like it
I read two thirds of Strange Angels and I just can't get into this story. The characters do not come alive and there is no incentive to keep reading. The story has not moved forward at all since the initial setting the scene. Very slow. I can't finish it.
Heidi
Feb 20, 2012 rated it liked it
Ok while I did enjoy the combo books. I find the second book a little confusing. We are caught in Dru's head a lot and some of her ramblings didn't make sense. Also her characters personalities seems to have changed. All in all I do really like the story line. It's very intriguing.
Alexa Weremy
Oct 21, 2012 rated it it was ok
I did not enjoy this book as much as I had hoped. I had heard and read so many great reviews, but I was very disappointed. I probably will not continue in the series.

To read my full review, please visit callingallreaders.wordpress.com. Thanks!
Bcoghill Coghill
Oct 17, 2011 rated it it was ok
Fast paced YA adventure/romance/vampire novel(s). Of course it is better than the twilight series, but what is not? I enjoyed and recommend to anyone looking for a quick light read.
A bathtub book. If I dropped it in the tub - no great loss.
Haven Angel
Sep 26, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorite-books
To summerize it simply
AWSOME and AMAZING

I was hoocked, this is one of thos series that it pulles you in and dosnt let you go till the verry last word on the very last page of the very last book.
i coudnt put it down, and cant wait to read the rest of the series
Stephanie C
Apr 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely mind-blowing!
Emily
Jun 29, 2012 rated it really liked it
First book was awesome, second got a little too typical-teen-novel-love-triangle for my taste, but it was still interesting.
Steve
Jul 14, 2014 rated it liked it
Lacks tension-building scenes. Lacks “special effects”. The plot is not that good.

• Image (Angel: Season 2, #2)
  • Soul Trade (Angel: Season 1, #7)
  • Haunted (Angel: Season 2, #1)
  • Robert Pattinson: Eternally Yours
  • Timekeepers
  • The Angel Chronicles, Vol. 1 (The Angel Chronicles, #1)
  • His Dark Embrace
  • Oz: Into the Wild (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 4, #5)
  • Betsy: Bride of the Vampire (Undead, #4.5, 5, 6, 7)
  • The Castings Trilogy (Castings, #1-3)
  • Allure (The Hoodoo Apprentice, #2)
  • Dark Veil (Belonging, #1)
  • Custom Socks: Knit to Fit Your Feet
  • Bloodsuckers: The Vampire Archives, Volume 1
  • The Morganville Vampires, #1-11
  • Transcendent: Tales of the Paranormal
  • Heaven's Bones (Ravenloft, #21)
  • To Sleep with Evil (Ravenloft, #16)
Lili St. Crow was born in New Mexico, bounced around the world as an Air Force brat, and fell in love with writing when she was ten years old. She lives in Vancouver, Washington, in a house full of stray cats and children.

Lili St. Crow also writes as Lilith Saintcrow.

Strange Angels (5 books)
  • Strange Angels (Strange Angels, #1)
  • Betrayals (Strange Angels, #2)
  • Jealousy (Strange Angels, #3)
  • Defiance (Strange Angels, #4)
  • Reckoning (Strange Angels, #5)