Start by marking “Puzzling People: The Labyrinth of the Psychopath” as Want to Read:
Puzzling People: The Labyrinth of the Psychopath

Puzzling People: The Labyrinth of the Psychopath

As well-researched as a scholarly work, yet with the immediacy and accessibility of a layman, Puzzling People is a first-person account of the cheats, the charlatans, the liars, the neglectful parents, abusive teachers, two-faced politicians and their Psychopathic Control Grid, tyrannical bosses and colleagues from hell we have all encountered, including the lying lovers ...more
Published March 1st 2011 by Velluminous Press

To ask other readers questions about Puzzling People, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Puzzling People

Start your review of Puzzling People: The Labyrinth of the Psychopath
Leticia Supple
Jun 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
I forget how I came across this book. All I remember is scanning one of the many online bookstores that I frequent, seeing it pop up in a list somewhere, and thinking, "I really want to read that".

So I bought it on a whim, without reading reviews, without even having a concrete idea as to what it was about. The best kind of purchase - totally self-driven.

It was worth however much it was, the twenty-something dollars. Thomas Sheridan has a very conversational style about him. He finds a thread,
Bryn Dunham
Apr 26, 2012 rated it did not like it
Shelves: crime-psychology
This book started out promising but quickly turned...peculiar. Indeed this was about psychopaths/sociopaths and their traits along with examples in the form of testimonials from their victims. The author makes the point, correctly in my opinion, that not all sociopaths are criminals or psycho ax murderers but are the ultimate human predator capable of anything to achieve their ends. The book then turns into a "self-help" book about how to deal with and rid oneself on the psychopath in their ...more
Carlos
Sep 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This is the next step in teaching my students to defend themselves against these sick people ,they are everywhere 1 in 25,think about that they are everywhere especially the people I have known in life.Thomas should be given a medal for this great work.
Faith
Sep 09, 2012 rated it really liked it
Was incredibly helpful to me. I like the author isn't a psychiatrist or researcher. It gives him the leeway to spout opinions, many of which made me think "Yes! Exactly!"
Jenny Duffy
Jun 09, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Enlightening and empowering reading. Spot on. Highly recommend!!
Froztwolf
Oct 04, 2012 rated it liked it
A lot of the information in there is quite interesting, but the poor structure, endless repetitions and extremely judgmental tone of the book drag it down by quite a bit. I was never excited to read on because there was no logical progression in the book.

Phrases such as "increasingly violent video games where your child can assume the role of a hero who gains extra points by having sex with a prostitute and then killing her to get his money back" stand out to someone well familiar with the
Katie
Mar 31, 2014 rated it did not like it
I read this in the context of doing research for my doctoral dissertation (in psychology). I think it's important that I am clear about the context of this, as if I was a layperson I may have rated quite a bit higher. The author of this book may have done his own research, as I sure hope he did considering he is not in this field at all. There are zero citations telling me where he got his information, so I have no idea how reputable his information is. Furthermore, it is unclear what is fact ...more
Scott
Apr 14, 2013 rated it liked it
I have to agree with many of the other reviews. The book seemed well researched and then became really strange towards the end (global conspiracies? really?). The first three quarters are definitely worth reading though. Just a warning: the author repeats himself a lot and the editing isn't very good (plenty of missing words). So if things like that distract or annoy you, don't bother with it.
Inquiring Minds
Dec 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I found myself agreeing with practically everything Thomas Sheridan describes in this book, and I have purchased copies of this book for the younger members of my family for their Christmas presents this year. A handy reference book for them as they move through life encountering new people. I highly recommend this book to everyone.
Jodi
Jan 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing
He knows his psychopaths and traits but you have to be willing to see his philosophy of life through a biblical view. He so close to understanding demonic activity but his spiritual eyes are not open. His youtube videos are so well done! Very helpful book.
Nathan
It changes the way you look at the world around you, to the degree that the author's assertions are true.
The argument is largely anecdotal and the author's uncareful tone makes it difficult to accept in total.
Intuitively though, there is likely a lot of truth in it, and the author's portrayal of the psychopathic mindset seems supported by other studies on the topic.
Linda
Aug 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Changed my life
Martin Rose
Dec 30, 2014 rated it it was ok
It was an all right book. The author makes no bones about not coming from an academic background; which is good because there's a variety of things which don't really hold up to hard and fast science. But I think the book has a lot of value for people who've been damaged by sociopaths/psychopaths and are looking for something to validate and confirm that what they've experienced is real. And that's worthwhile.

While I've certainly plumbed the depths of conspiracy theory in the dark hours of the
Shelley
Mar 31, 2014 rated it really liked it
Interesting insights, mostly based on authors opinions, however he does site credible references, some of which I am familiar with. If you are interested in this topic on a personal level, then I recommend that you read it. Author does seem to spiral into a little paranoid frenzy near the end of the book - topic related to people in power positions in governments. Take what you like from this book and leave the rest! It was worth the Kindle price.
Toni Michelle
Jan 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is a fantastic book for anyone who has known toxic people and situations, especially for those empaths among you. This book helped me make sense of what has happened to me during my life and gives helpful, practical advice on what to do and where to go for more information. Because this book is not written by someone in the current medical establishment, the author can say the things that those people depending on grants for research cant say. I can fully recommend this book.
Linda  Branham Greenwell
Feb 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A great descriptive understanding of the psychopath. It should be a great help to anyone who has ever encountered a psychopath
The statistics say 10% of the population - but they seem to be more prevalent than that... maybe because they have such a devastating impact on those whose lives they touch.
Colin Mcnamara
Apr 17, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great discussion in layman a terms of the life of a psychopath

Pros
- written in laymans terms
- conversational writing style
- real world advice on how to deal with these people

Cons
- political slant
- lack of citations for research
David
Apr 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A great read. Powerful insight into the minds and behaviour of these predators. As fascinating as it is disturbing. Highly recommend!
Squeasel
Aug 28, 2014 rated it liked it
The first half was pretty on target, but the second half umm got a bit kooky for my personal taste.
Liz
Dec 30, 2013
Darius
Feb 01, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Nutrition and Physical Degeneration: A Comparison of Primitive and Modern Diets and Their Effects
  • The Lilac Bus
  • Barrel Fever
  • The Sleep Revolution: Transforming Your Life, One Night at a Time
  • The Organized Mind: Thinking Straight in the Age of Information Overload
  • Change Your Schedule, Change Your Life: How to Harness the Power of Clock Genes to Lose Weight, Optimize Your Workout, and Finally Get a Good Night's Sleep
  • Here, Bullet
  • Allen Carr's Easy Way to Control Alcohol
  • The Lost Art of Listening: How Learning to Listen Can Improve Relationships
  • Starbucked: A Double Tall Tale of Caffeine, Commerce, and Culture
  • The Vegetarian Myth: Food, Justice, and Sustainability
  • Class: A Guide Through the American Status System
  • Naked
  • Jade City (The Green Bone Saga, #1)
  • The Miracle Morning: The Not-So-Obvious Secret Guaranteed to Transform Your Life: Before 8AM
  • Getting Things Done: The Art of Stress-Free Productivity
  • Prepare to be tortured: - the price you will pay for dating a narcissist
  • Emotion Code: How to Release Your Trapped Emotions for Abundant Health, Love and Happiness
Thomas Sheridan is an author, artist and film maker from Dublin, Ireland who came to international recognition in 2011 with the book Puzzling People: the Labyrinth of the Psychopath.

In recent times, his work has been featured in some of the world's largest media outlets as the interest in his work into serial killers, occult history and mind control cults continues to grow. This has resulted in
“One of the reasons circus clowns terrify sensitive individuals is because their image triggers an instinctual response within us concerning a collective archetypal folk memory of the potential evil which might lay behind the painted-on smile. We know the smile of the circus clown is fake and that underneath the expression can be a malicious sneer.” 3 likes
“We have to love ourselves first in order to attract the kind of people and situations to love us back in return. There is no way around this. We exist as individuals for a reason. Unconditional love is conditional on loving oneself firstly and being secure in this.” 2 likes