Start by marking “Underworld (Abandon, #2)” as Want to Read:
Underworld (Abandon, #2)

Underworld (Abandon #2)

3.89  ·  Rating details ·  20,040 Ratings  ·  1,412 Reviews
Escape from the realm of the dead is impossible when someone there wants you back.

Seventeen-year-old Pierce Oliviera isn’t dead.

Not this time.

But she is being held against her will in the dim, twilit world between heaven and hell, where the spirits of the deceased wait before embarking upon their final journey.

Her captor, John Hayden, claims it’s for her own safety. Becaus
Published May 8th 2012 by Point

To ask other readers questions about Underworld, please sign up.

Cassandra Depends are you looking for a romance book with no cliffhanger because if so there are books like the mediator series a girl who falls in love with a…moreDepends are you looking for a romance book with no cliffhanger because if so there are books like the mediator series a girl who falls in love with a ghost the author never ends the books with any real cliffhangers.
(less)
YA Novels of 2012
1,328 books — 10,687 voters
Can't Wait Books of 2012
2,520 books — 15,794 voters

More lists with this book...

Jess
I'm trying to figure out how the author who gave us Suze Simons and Ellie Harrison (plus their respective awesome male love interests) turned around and put out this absolute horror show of a paranormal romance. Seriously, what the hell happened, Meg Cabot? Did I just grow out of you or are you selling out?

Underworld, the sequel to Cabot's lackluster re-imagining of the Hades/Persephone myth Abandon, is the first Meg Cabot book I ever had to urge to throw against the wall and never pick up agai
Annabelle Marie Veronica
****FINAL RATING: 4.20 STARS****

CATCHALL
If I really liked Abandon, I beyond adored Underworld. It was so much better than its predecessor in every way possible. I loved every minute of it and it left me absolutely breathless when I was finished. It was incredible and shows that a series, no matter how experienced the author, can only get better.

THE HEROINE
PIERCE
I didn't dislike Pierce as much in this book as I had in previous books. I better understood the motivations behind her actions and
Gabrielle Carolina
You call that a plot? I call that chapter six.

Abandon was a series of constant flash-backs that didn't further the plot. Underworld was a constant reiteration of the present that did nothing to further the plot, which was full of holes, anyway.

Pierce somehow got too stupid to live syndrome and John "thought she knew," everything about being Queen of the Underworld when only twenty-four hours have passed in Underworld, and six days passed in Abandon.

Basically, was it any better than Abandon? No
Sidrah
Jan 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing
They say never to judge a book by its cover!

THEY LIE!!!!
These are the steps to picking an awesome book like this one:
1) Is the cover good?
2)Is the title cool?
3) read the back or flap, is it cool?
Sara
Aug 26, 2012 rated it did not like it
Nina ♥
May 14, 2011 rated it liked it
3.5 stars.

Review to come.

~*~*~*~

Read an excerpt of Underworld (chapter 1 & 2) here!

(Btw, what is with the summary? "Her captor?" That makes John seem so creepy.)
dluvsbooks
Unfortunately, Underworld just didn't hold my attention and I found myself not wanting to read it anymore:(
Lady Gabriella of Awesomeness
♣ 2.5 disappointed stars :/ ♣

Pierce was seriously acting dumb in this one while Alex turned just plaincrazy.The only reason I gave this book an extra star for the revilement of John's past.

This book was such a drag.Honestly?It felt like Meg cabot had actually meant to write this series as one whole book, before finally deciding to go against it and published it as 3 elaborately -unnecessary parts....that made up this trilogy. :P

REALLLY hope book 3 will make up for all this dissapointment :(
Natalie
Jul 08, 2011 marked it as to-read
WHY WHY WHY 2012!?!?!? I read the first book to the end, see that Underworld is the next book, read the blurb, then what do I see at the bottom? 2012.. Why why why why why!?!?
Erin Coffman
May 29, 2011 rated it really liked it
This book can't come out soon enough!! This series is going to be like an addiction I may not love it but I must have it!

After reading:
I love meg Cabot. I am so intrigued by all of her books. I like the love story in this book but there is only one thing in this book I would criticize. That would be the rudeness of Alex, pierce's cousin. After how rude he has been throughout the entire series I fail to see how they have developed such a deep connection...and even if we are going off the fact th
Trying to find a book 1 8 Sep 14, 2015 08:27AM
What??? 1 22 Dec 03, 2014 07:53PM
BYU-Adolescent Li...: Underworld - Meg Cabot 1 8 May 29, 2014 07:45AM
Is this book better than the first? 30 110 Sep 03, 2013 09:01AM
Goodreads Choice ...: Underworld (Abandon #2) BR - Starts June 18 4 17 Jun 22, 2013 09:14AM
Madison Mega-Mara...: Underworld by Meg Cabot 1 3 Jun 07, 2013 08:43AM
Live Video Chat with Meg Cabot 644 320 Feb 03, 2013 11:54AM
  • Perception (Clarity, #2)
  • Embers and Echoes (Wildefire, #2)
  • Dreaming Awake (Falling Under, #2)
  • A Beautiful Evil (Gods & Monsters, #2)
  • Sweet Shadows (Medusa Girls, #2)
  • Jezebel's Ladder (Jezebel's Ladder, #1)
  • Goddess Interrupted (Goddess Test, #2)
  • Dreamless (Starcrossed, #2)
  • Until I Die (Revenants, #2)
  • Arise (Hereafter, #2)
  • Jessica Rules the Dark Side (Jessica, #2)
  • The Springsweet (The Vespertine, #2)
  • Endlessly (Paranormalcy, #3)
  • Everbound (Everneath, #2)
  • The Mephisto Kiss (The Mephisto Covenant #2)
  • A Want So Wicked (A Need So Beautiful, #2)
  • Mirage (Winterhaven, #2)
  • Bone Wires

More about Meg Cabot...

Abandon (3 books)
  • Abandon (Abandon, #1)
  • Awaken (Abandon, #3)
“Did you see him? I know the photo was grainy, but he looks like one of those death metal goth heads, or whatever they’re called. All dressed in black with long hair

I took umbrage at my mother describing my boyfriend this way. John was the Lord of the Underworld. How else was he supposed to dress?”
50 likes
“Only a fool is never afraid, Frank. Heroes are the people who carry on despite their fear, because they know the job’s got to get done” 30 likes