Start by marking “Cirque Du Freak: Lord of the Shadows, Vol. 11 (Cirque Du Freak: The Manga, #11)” as Want to Read:
Cirque Du Freak: Lord of the Shadows, Vol. 11 (Cirque Du Freak: The Manga, #11)

Cirque Du Freak: Lord of the Shadows, Vol. 11 (Cirque Du Freak: The Manga #11)

4.52  ·  Rating details ·  466 Ratings  ·  26 Reviews
Darren Shan is going home - and his world is going to hell. Old enemies await. Scores must be settled. Destiny looks certain to destroy him, and the world is doomed to fall to the Ruler of the Night...
Published October 25th 2011 by Yen Press

To ask other readers questions about Cirque Du Freak, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cirque Du Freak

Mazohyst
Mar 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
I was surprised by this. There's actually lot to be surprised by. In a way, I dread everything that happened but at the same time, it was SUCH an awesome volume. But really disheartening. It's a nice lead up to the finale.

(view spoiler)
Emily
Jun 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
It didn't
Mar 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
It is interesting to see lots of old characters returning as the stories finale draws near. I especially like seeing the way that Arai has drawn the adult versions of Darren’s childhood friends and sister.
Awww, I love Shancus and even Darius is cute. Once again I loved the little family scenes with Evra’s family, but it made me want (view spoiler) I did however think that the manga makes (view spoiler)
Miss Ryoko
Oct 18, 2014 rated it liked it
Well, the final battle is among us... I wonder if Darren will actually turn out evil or not. I really liked that aspect that promised a horrible ending, even I Darren wins. No happy endings are my fave... but I'm still doubting. Darren will probably find a way to overcome it.

Once again, the big shocker tho volume at the end was once again no shock. It was pretty obvious when Darius first showed up who both of his parents were.

I am happy the story has come full circle and they're back at the Cirq
707Jabril
Oct 07, 2011 rated it really liked it
i love this book. they need to hurry up and make a 12th book because this one is the best out of all of them. this one has a ton of action and its more detailed and more exciting then the others. this book has a few things that arent good though. it still is kind of confusing about the different characters. also i dont really understand the roles that some of the background characters play.
Mac
Jul 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This book is about Darren finding Steve, the vampaneze lord. The bad thing though is that the person that wins the battle (ether Darren or Steve) will become the Lord of Shadows!!!! I would recommend this book to all boys and girls that like vampires and heart racing action!!!
Ash
Jul 15, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-manga
Well The story starts with Darren going back to his hometown then he falls in deep shit after he meets the people who knew in his childhood and I really predicted the shocking truth in the end of the volume.
Hannah Thomas
Nov 24, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
This is beyond cool! Secrets will be revealed as nears the approach of facing Steve!
David
Oct 26, 2015 added it
This book in my opinion was good it shows many surprising things that you'll not expect I enjoyed reading this book.
Nidah (SleepDreamWrite)
Crazy eyes going on, on the cover. Anyway, series is still good, whether in book form, or manga form. One of my favorites. The manga, you might like, but if you like the books, give this a read.
Lissibith
Jan 29, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, manga
Strong story, though a lot of elements seem to be focused toward the next and final issue. Definitely full of surprise turns
Bobby
Oct 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: graphic-novels
4.5
Brandon Fazendeiro
Awesome book in the beggining but it does get a little boring in the last 4th of the book unlike all of the other cirque du freak books
Anthony
Jun 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
It was a good book, It was interesting and I recommend it to the people that like these kinds of books.
H.K.Bookworth
Jan 06, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: manga
Love this series but ending left me hanging. I know it was a beautiful way to end but i felt like it made all the books almost useless. Still amazing art, cool story line and i love Darren.
Shadowmagicka
Helen Duong
Aug 06, 2014
  • 28 Days Later, Vol. 4: Gangwar
  • Lady Mechanika, Vol.1: the Mystery of Mechanical Corpse
  • Baltimore, Vol. 5: The Apostle and the Witch of Harju (Baltimore, #5)
  • Meteor Men
  • The Pig of Happiness
  • Bunnicula In-a-Box (Bunnicula, #1-3)
  • The Shadow Out of Time
  • Our Haunted Lives: True Life Ghost Stories
  • The Woods, Vol. 3: New London
  • A Fall of Stardust
  • The Howling Ghost (Spooksville, #2)
  • The Fir Tree
  • The Dandelion's Tale
  • Home Sweet Horror
  • Neil Gaiman's Lady Justice: Volume 1
  • Jaybird
  • El corazón del tártaro
  • Doctor Who: The Dalek Project
Librarian's note: Also writes books for adults under the name Darren Dash. And in the past he has released books for adults under the names D.B. Shan and Darren O'Shaughnessy.

Darren Shan (born July 2, 1972 in London, England) is the pen name of the Irish author Darren O'Shaughnessy, as well as the name of the protagonist of his book series The Saga of Darren Shan, also known as The Cirque Du Freak
More about Darren Shan...

Cirque Du Freak: The Manga (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Cirque Du Freak, Vol. 1 (Cirque Du Freak: The Manga, #1)
  • Cirque Du Freak: The Vampire's Assistant, Vol. 2 (Cirque Du Freak: The Manga, #2)
  • Cirque Du Freak: Tunnels of Blood, Vol. 3 (Cirque Du Freak: The Manga, #3)
  • Cirque Du Freak: Vampire Mountain, Vol. 4 (Cirque Du Freak: The Manga, #4)
  • Cirque Du Freak: Trials of Death, Vol. 5 (Cirque Du Freak: The Manga, #5)
  • Cirque Du Freak: The Vampire Prince, Vol. 6 (Cirque Du Freak: The Manga, #6)
  • Cirque Du Freak: Hunters of the Dusk, Vol. 07 (Cirque Du Freak: The Manga, #7)
  • Cirque Du Freak: Allies of the Night, Vol. 8 (Cirque Du Freak: The Manga, #8)
  • Cirque Du Freak: Killers of the Dawn, Vol. 9 (Cirque Du Freak: The Manga, #9)
  • Cirque Du Freak The Lake of Souls, Vol. 10 (Cirque Du Freak: The Manga, #10)