Start by marking “Jericho Season 3 (Jericho Graphic Novels #1)” as Want to Read:
Jericho Season 3 (Jericho Graphic Novels #1)

Jericho Season 3 (Jericho Graphic Novels #1)

3.79  ·  Rating details ·  475 Ratings  ·  43 Reviews
Continuing right where the Jericho Season 2 television cliffhanger ended! Jake Green and Robert Hawkins are in the safe haven of Texas with the last remaining bomb from the first attack. From amidst the chaos, they're contacted by John Smith, the mastermind behind the first strike, seeking aid. As the Cheyenne army bears down on them, they must decide whether to side with ...more
Published August 2nd 2011 by IDW Publishing (first published November 25th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Jericho Season 3, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Jericho Season 3

Bookwraiths
Jan 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Originally reviewed at Bookwraiths Reviews

For those who have never heard of Jericho, it was a television show which aired from 2006-2008 and focused on a group of characters thrown together in a small town in the State of Kansas after a nuclear event in the United States. While the show was definitely post-apocalyptic in focus, dealt with the aftermath of a limited nuclear catastrophe, and spent lots of screen time exploring the issues of terrorism, political cover-ups, conspiracies, mercenary
Layne
Aug 01, 2013 rated it liked it
I've never read any graphic novel before. However, since I loved the Jericho TV show, I thought I'd give this one a try. I found it entertaining and not as confusing as I feared a graphic novel might be. In particular, I really liked the artwork when I looked back at the book a second time to take it in visually after already reading it once for the storyline.

Potential readers definitely need to know that this book does not stand on its own. In fact, reading it before watching the Jericho TV ser
Carl Nelson
Jul 31, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
Well-written continuation of the television series, marked by strong characters and compelling situations. The "what if?" nature of the plot and the moral choices of the characters make "Jericho Season 3" an exciting and thoughtful story.
Michael
Oct 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
When I found out that the Jericho series had been continued in graphic novels, I knew that I had to read them. I loved the TV series and was a bit annoyed that they only did 2 series but this graphic novel continues on the story perfectly from where the televised series 2 ended.

The story here was well written with a good pace and keeps in line with the story laid out in series 1 and 2. This graphic novel was beautifully illustrated and the characters looked exactly like those in the TV series.

I
Marcia
Feb 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
I'm not a huge fan of graphic novels, but when I saw this one at Chapters I snatched it up right away.

First off, Jericho was an amazing television show and I am still mourning it's demise. I love post-apocalyptic plots and this show brought the best of them to the table. A small town with a closely knit community that survives through a massive nuclear fallout? The best recipe for good television.

Unfortunately, the Nielsen ratings on the show lessened as season one continued. My theory is that m
Rebecca
Feb 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
While mentioning the old TV show Jericho to a librarian friend a couple of weeks ago, she informed me that two graphic novels have been published in the last couple of years. Both continue the story of the show, and are very well done. I was very pleased to see that the characters are nicely drawn. The story moves along at a good pace and the politics between the three countries that now take up the lower 48 states are as interesting as ever.

For a refresher, since a group of nuclear bombs destr
Jeffrey
Jan 08, 2013 rated it liked it
D.w.
Mar 12, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: fiction, reviewed
Six comic books collected do not make a season. Even if every one of the six were to be about an hour of Jericho's TV run shows.

Perhaps this being misled colors the work. So then to appraise the tale critically we have some problems. First is that some time is passing and is the tale true to where things had been left off from the TV Series.

Having just watched that a second time, and seeing that so many of the writers of this were from that series, the answer is no. The comic does not do justic
D. J.
Sep 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction
I recently binge-watched both seasons of Jericho on Amazon Instant Video and became a big fan of the show that ended far too prematurely. Few shows have kept my interest and attention to the degree that Jericho managed and I hope that CBS and/or Netflix will finally succeed in bringing the show back to the small screen for further seasons.

In the meantime, I bought this officially sanctioned graphic novel of Season 3 so I could continue the story of what happened after the events depicted in the
Nicolas Shump
Jun 02, 2012 rated it really liked it
I did not watch Jericho when it actually aired on television. I am a native Kansan and I knew it was set in Kansas, but having lived through a lifetime of Wizard of Oz jokes and then remembering The Day After, I was turned off by the premise of an apocalyptic narrative set in Kansas. This was a mistake. I had some friends who were passionate about this show and who rallied to try to save it, but even still I didn't jump on the Jericho bandwagon.
I came to Jericho through Netflix, actually my wif
Jim
May 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
Jericho Season 3 is a competent continuation of the storyline of the television series that was cancelled as usual too soon, despite a vigorous fan campaign. The artwork brings you neatly back into the story, and (fortunately, to my mind) doesn't use any disjointed show-off-y art tricks that some graphic stories use, which would pull you out of the gritty reality of this series.

It was compelling enough to read in a short time, and spends a lot of time on the shadowy "John Smith" character of Je
Nancy Bandusky
Dec 21, 2012 rated it really liked it
First, I have to say I don't read a lot of comic books but being a fan of the television series I was thrilled to find the continuation of the story in this form.

The art work was fine for my taste (again I'm not really "into" comic books). Some of the pictures were so close to photos of the actors from the show - others were a little off but that did not distract from my enjoyment.

The story line flows fast and furious just like the series. The writers are staying true to the characters and there
Matt Moore
Jun 09, 2012 rated it really liked it
Continuing where the second season left off, Season 3 widens the scope of the nuclear attacks further, revealing a mastermind behind them with his own agenda.

Beginning with a small town just trying to survive after the attacks, Jericho has expanded into a full-fledged conspiracy thriller. Here we see the president of the ASA making his moves against Texas and the remaining USA, trying to cement his control.

Well worth picking up for fans of the show to see what happens to the characters, but frus
Lucy
Mar 27, 2014 rated it liked it
So I loved the t.v. series and like other fans was disappointed when it was canceled after season 2 especially considering how season 2 ended on a cliffhanger. I had no idea there was a Jericho graphic novel until I saw season 4 featured on NetGalley. While it was nice to see Hawkins & Jake again, I'm not sure how I feel about it in this format. I'll read season 4 next and decided after that one if I want to continue with the series.
Nicolas
Mar 07, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
Great continuation of an awesome TV Show. It was nice to see the characters again and to get a little more backstory about what exactly happened with the initial bombs. I was a little surprised that it ended on a cliffhanger though. I thought resolving the series was the whole point. I don't see any clues that say there will be a season 4. That's kind of an odd choice. Still, there is enough resolution and backstory to make it enjoyable and worth the read.
Mike
Nov 21, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: idw
I loved the TV show, one of my favourites of all time. But it's just so difficult to put the quality of an episode into a 20 page comic book. The book suffers a bit from the lack of developed scenes and a "To Be Continued" (and to be honest, it's a weak cliffhanger) ending frustrates the reader...especailly with no indication of a sequel coming out. At the end of the day, it's good to see Jake Green and Robert Hawkins back in action.
Jon
Dec 30, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The storyline is a worthwhile continuation to the TV series; I could easily see these plot threads going on screen. Unfortunately, it's very rushed, trying to cram too much plot into too few pages. The character interactions which defined Jericho get squeezed out as a result. Even more plot threads are opened, leaving season 3 with less resolution than season 2.
Erin
Feb 28, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
It's been a while since I've watched Jericho, so part of my disappointment in this was that I didn't really remember the characters or what was going on. I guess two stars isn't a fair assessment, but I'm just relating my enjoyment of the novel. Should have read up on the show beforehand, but meh.
Travis
Oct 09, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: graphic-novel
I really enjoyed the TV series. I was hoping this would resolve some of the plots cut off by the series cancellation. Alas.

Still, the artist does an amazing job getting all the characters to look like their real world counterparts. And the pacing is fast. But the actual plot (especially the man behind the bombs and his reason) is a tad ridiculous.
Bruno Stegmann
Feb 22, 2012 rated it really liked it
It was such a great tv series and got better in a 6 part comic book and I here they are making a movie for the series and another 6 part comic series for season 4 maybe another series on tv with the comics.
Andron
May 01, 2012 rated it really liked it
Interesting and well written continuation of the Jericho saga. The graphic novel succedes in capturing the feeling of the TV show. I can't wait for the next chapter of the story: Jericho season 4 (supposed to be published in late 2012)
Rachel Smith
Sep 22, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2011
Kind of mad that the first two seasons were on the tele, then -BAM!- season three is a graphic novel. Those sneaky writers, your trick worked. Now I have to read every graphic novel I can. So I guess it was a good thing.
Janet Jay
And a low 3 at that. Way too much of characters changing, well, character to suit plot, too much convenient "I'm back in town" and "I changed my mind." And kinda weird that it stops focusing on the "main characters" a lot by the end? Forgettable art where many of the women were indistinguishable.
Kaz
Jun 23, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love that my favourite shows can continue in comic form. The drawings really capture the characters well and the storyline is exciting as ever. Do not start this if you have not watched the series. Can't wait to read season 4.
Robin
Aug 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love it!

I loved watching Jericho on TV and finding this comic book was a real gem. Despite being a different medium than we're use to, the comic maintains the tension of the show. I absolutely love it and can't wait to read the next one.
Kimber
Dec 12, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I thought the book was okay....I really want to watch season 3 and 4 and more from the series. But at least this book gave me a little more of the story line - though not nearly as great as the actual series. So watch the series Jericho. :)
Michael
Not bad, though a bit of a slow burn and little too much time spent rehashing information that was covered in the previous seasons. Expected more action and suspense, especially given the unique opportunities with this format.
Andy
Aug 15, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2012
I'm not going to get into the "are comic books actually books" debate, but I admit I do feel a bit guilty counting this toward my goal.
If you watched -- and enjoyed -- the TV series, it's worth a look. Otherwise, not a lot of meat here.
Amanda
Apr 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
I am a fan of graphic novels, so perhaps I'm biased. Either way, I give this one a 3.8 rating.
Danny
Jan 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Really flows just like the TV show. highly recommend for any fan of Jericho.
  • Jericho Season 4 (Jericho Graphic Novels #2)
  • Falling Skies
  • Legends of the Dark Crystal, Vol. 2: Trial by Fire
  • Meet Sailor Mercury: Ice
  • Invincible, Vol. 9: Out of This World
  • X-O Manowar, Volume 3: Planet Death
  • Unholy Storm (Derrick Storm Graphic Novels, #4)
  • Justice Society of America, Vol. 3: Thy Kingdom Come, Vol. 2
  • The Massive, Vol. 2: Subcontinental
Dan Shotz is currently a co-executive producer for the USA Network new original series COMMON LAW premiering on Friday, May 11 at 10/9c.

Shotz served as a writer and co-executive producer for “Harper’s Island” and fan-favorite series “Jericho” for CBS Television.

All shows were developed by Shotz, who is a partner along with Jon Turteltaub and Karim Zreik in Junction Entertainment, the company respo
More about Dan Shotz...

Jericho Graphic Novels (2 books)
  • Jericho Season 4 (Jericho Graphic Novels #2)