Start by marking “Make Yourself Unforgettable: How to Become the Person Everyone Remembers and No One Can Resist” as Want to Read:

3.7  ·  Rating details ·  249 Ratings  ·  23 Reviews
From one of the most trusted and bestselling brands in business training, Make Yourself Unforgettable reveals how to develop and embody unforgettable qualities so you can become the effective and desirable colleague and friend possible.

Learn how to develop and embody the ten essential elements of being unforgettable!

What does it really mean to have class? How do you disti
Published March 15th 2011 by Touchstone (first published March 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Make Yourself Unforgettable, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Make Yourself Unforgettable

Arun
Mar 13, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Typical Dale Carnegie book.. very easy to read and very well written. Sometimes it feels like it speaks to you. Dont rush through these books.. to have a greater effect, you'll have to slow down and ponder upon the statements that trigger some spark in your conscience.
Samantha
Jan 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I particularly like the sections on time management, stress management, and building patience.
Shane
Aug 09, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Must be read attentively, the real value is subtle.
Theo Karner
Nov 19, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-non-fiction
Extremely disappointing book. I expected this book to be of the same quality and depth that I found in Dale Carnegie's 'How to Stop Worrying and Start Living' book. However, I found it to be poorly structured, minimal in content, superficial in its theme, and consistently difficult to understand what point/idea the author was discussing. I will think very hard before reading another book from Dale Carnegie Training.

On structure, on multiple occasions the text introduces examples and ideas with n
Dinda Tisi
Jul 17, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
All I can say according to this book that class is about being a good, honest, tenacious, and responsible person. Basically, being a classy person is being a good human, the one who is able and willing to help others and reaching his own goal without giving up.

Nevertheless, this book still gives the explanation and description about class act in a detail which we can easily depict in our daily live. There are even many things in this book that we didn't realize although those things happen frequ
Michael Crump
This book contains info that you would expect from any Dale Carnegie book. If you've read "How to Win Friends and Influence People" or "How to Stop Worrying and Start Living", then you won't find much here. (Some quotes are pulled directly from those books) Another thing to point out is that this isn't a Dale Carnegie book. They just slapped his name on it as this is part of their training series.

The book's theme is how to become a person of class, which it describes as someone with unique ener
Chuck
Nov 06, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: self-help
Make Yourself Unforgettable is really about how to have class in all your dealings. Class is a word somewhat out of style but in this day and age it simply means how to project confidence and style in a positive and moral manner. Written by Dale Carnegie Training (not a person, but rather an organization founded in the 1950's) to promote author Dale Carnegie's legacy and promote his core principles.

The book fulfills its mission and is written in an easy to follow, and comprehend, manner. I don't
J
Jul 26, 2011 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I checked this out of the library based on curiosity. I had heard of Dale Carnegie, but didn't know much about him/his training.

This book talks about Kipling and class, but ultimately advocates style over substance. It could have been a handbook for politicians or used car salesmen. It reminded me of people I know who are very inspirational, but ultimately hollow, superficial and disappointing, because they don't have the knowledge or ability to back up their words. All flash and no substance.
Nancy
Aug 28, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
There's been much interest in Dale Carnegie at the library lately, and I saw this title from those folks and was intrigued. No new Dale Carnegie stuff here, but good reminders to be kind, passionate, to listen and to not judge, to pursue your dreams, to be a "class act". Good, old school stuff, and a good reminder about living well, although I don't think it comes close to its title. Interestingly, my organization has someone who seems to be all this, and it's lovely to see it in play.
Heather Woods
May 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book cover to cover! Such great information to show yourself the leader you want to be. Emotional control, patience, financial intelligence, and more. All are skills we simply need to acquire and hone. It's not a got-it-or-don't-situation. I would recommend this one an annual read. Once is simply not enough!
Chuck Cova
Dec 26, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a fantastic read. Nothing necessarily new, but great reminders on solid principles and a new twist in presentation that really resonated with me. This helped me greatly in a few areas that I felt "stuck".
Ashley
Feb 05, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Make Yourself Unforgettable is basically a primer on how to be a class act. While it isn't quite as good as How to Win Friends and Influence People or How to Stop Worrying and Start Living, I still highly recommend it. Stay classy. ;)
Gregory
Jul 17, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Dated examples - nothing beyond the 90's that I found. The first chapter consists of the Nixon/Kennedy debate and as we all know that has been analyzed to death.

This book is unfortunately entirely forgettable.
Jennifer Lam
Great life lessons on how to carry yourself, more about being a class act.
Serene NG
Jul 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing book. Simple yet profound. I learnt so much from just being myself. I am glad I have this book to guide to be a better self image.
Niel
Mar 21, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not the biggest fan of self help books. Found one or two pearls though...
Beth
Jul 27, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
predictable - nothing new
John
Jul 26, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book. It further expanded on Dale Carnegie's insights.
Maryam Baslar
Mar 03, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Valuable book, fun to read.
Carleen
Oct 07, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
"Giving puts the universe in your debt" - Mark Victor Hansen
Luke Bradshaw
It's a real eye opener. Has the power to change lives
Julianna
This book is life changing.
Wai Fai Yau
  • PAiLS
  • Creating Personal Presence: Look, Talk, Think, and Act Like a Leader
  • Resolved Primer: A Look Into The 13 Resolutions
  • The Power of Four: Leadership Lessons of Crazy Horse
  • Confidence of a Champion: Becoming Who You Were Created to Be by Letting Go of Lies from the Past
  • Thomas Jefferson Education for Teens
  • The Heart of a Leader
  • Toughen Up!
  • The Lombardi Rules: Twenty-Six Lessons from Vince Lombardi--The World's Greatest Coach
  • The 5 Essential People Skills: How to Assert Yourself, Listen to Others, and Resolve Conflicts
  • The Radical Leap Re-Energized: Doing What You Love in the Service of People Who Love What You Do
  • Credibility: How Leaders Gain and Lose It, Why People Demand It
  • The Winner Within
  • Body Confidence: Venice Nutrition's 3-Step System That Unlocks Your Body's Full Potential
  • An Enemy Called Average
  • George Washington on Leadership
  • Edgy Conversations: How Ordinary People Can Achieve Outrageous Success
  • Quiet Leadership: Six Steps to Transforming Performance at Work
Dale Breckenridge Carnegie (originally Carnagey until 1922 and possibly somewhat later) (November 24, 1888 – November 1, 1955) was an American writer and lecturer and the developer of famous courses in self-improvement, salesmanship, corporate training, public speaking and interpersonal skills. Born in poverty on a farm in Missouri, he was the author of How to Win Friends and Influence People, fir ...more
More about Dale Carnegie...
“The bad news is, everyone looks great on paper and in interviews, but everyone also looks exactly the same. People have figured out how to present themselves as competent, qualified managers who won’t make waves and who won’t make mistakes—but nobody is able to say, “I’ve got ideas that are really new and different!” People are afraid to present themselves as innovators, and consequently innovation itself has become a lost art. This is a problem for American business. But it’s also a golden opportunity for anyone who values originality and knows how to put it to work. You can instantly set yourself apart from the crowd by focusing on what you’ll do right instead of what you won’t do wrong. To do that, you’ll need insight about your strengths and weaknesses, and intelligence about how to maximize your contribution. But most of all you’ll need inspiration—the power to create energy and excitement by what you say, how you look, and above all, what you do. Those are some of the topics we’ll be talking about in this chapter. As a first step toward making yourself unforgettable to others, consider how you see yourself in your own eyes. Image is built upon self-perception. If your self-perception is out of sync with the way you want to be perceived, you will have a hard time making a positive impression—especially if you’re not even fully aware of the problem. This happens to many people. For some reason, we tend to think less of ourselves than we’d like. We also tend to have a lower opinion of ourselves than other people have of us. It” 0 likes
“short, you shouldn’t be surprised if the world does the same thing. But the purpose of this book, and of this chapter in particular, is to help you set yourself apart from other people. Here’s a good way to start moving in that direction. We’re going to look at your most significant achievements in three different areas of your life: your work and career; your education; and your relationships with family and friends. We’re going to look at the things you’ve done right—and if you haven’t done some of them as right as you would like, these are also the areas in which you will commit yourself to doing better. These are things you deserve to be proud of—and if you’re not proud now, you have a great opportunity to change that. And remember, focusing on your achievements—past, present, and future—doesn’t mean you’re being egotistical or self-centered. It’s giving yourself credit where credit is due, and just being able to do that will immediately set you apart from the crowd.” 0 likes