Start by marking “Entreleadership: 20 Years of Practical Business Wisdom from the Trenches” as Want to Read:
Entreleadership: 20 Years of Practical Business Wisdom from the Trenches

Entreleadership: 20 Years of Practical Business Wisdom from the Trenches

4.19  ·  Rating details ·  9,143 Ratings  ·  423 Reviews
Your company is only as strong as your leaders. These are the men and women doing battle daily beneath the banner that is your brand. Are they courageous or indecisive? Are they serving a motivated team or managing employees? Are they valued?

Your team will never grow beyond you, so here’s another question to consider. Are you growing? Whether you’re sitting at the CEO’s de
Audio CD, Abridged, 1 page
Published September 20th 2011 by Simon Schuster Audio

To ask other readers questions about Entreleadership, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Entreleadership

Alex
Dec 22, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I like Dave's straightforward approach to... pretty much everything in life. Finances, business, employees, parenting... The list goes on and on. I was listening to his podcast almost daily for 2 years and I still enjoy listening to it occasionally. He really helped me to solidify certain rules for myself and, yes, also get out of debt. My finances were not horrible, but nothing to be proud of either and now I can see a drastic change which I attribute first and foremost to his principles.
Now
Mikayla Fleetwood
This book should be read by any person in leadership, ministry, business, or any position of authority, whether big or small. I thoroughly enjoyed reading the thoughts, advice, and experiences of someone who has been on both sides of the fence.
In Entreleadership, Dave Ramsey pours his heart out to the reader in giving all the advice that he has learned through his twenty-year-journey through the ups and downs of business. He will make you laugh talking about the ignorance of some, and he will
Ben Donahower
Jul 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Really good. With a title like EntreLeadership, I thought this book was going to be a little cheesy, but not so. There were some rock solid tactics and strategies for improving your business acumen and your leadership skills.

The book is pretty methodical too, so it's easy to see where you're going and where you've been.

One of the stories that stuck out to me illustrates his hiring practices. He would take the potential employee and the spouse out to dinner. Dave was always surprised by the numb
Amy
Nov 27, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
One of my resolutions this year was to read more “business” books and this is one I’ve had on my shelf for awhile. I’m a huge Dave Ramsey fan so I went into this book expecting to really enjoy it. His advice (and he will admit this) is usually common sense stuff – some of it you already know and some of it is new but good. This book is more of the same of that. So did I like it? Meh. I think DR’s personality was featured a little too strongly in the book and it came as a bit of a turn off. He’s ...more
Greg Strandberg
Oct 13, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: business
I really enjoyed this book. It has tons of good ideas for people that are self-employed or run their own business.

I work as an author and also writer for others. This gave me good ideas on leadership, staying consistent, being patient, managing change, and dealing with ups and downs.

What stands out is that you get perspective. This guy had a good business and then went broke. Now he counsels people on how to get out of debt. Overall, he has good insight from 30+ years in the field.

I recommend t
Chad Warner
Nov 17, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Chad by: Torey Heinz
Ramsey dispenses both leadership philosophy and practical advice about running a business. He emphasizes ethics and integrity, showing from firsthand experience how to apply Christian principles to business and use the Golden Rule when dealing with customers, employees, and vendors. He both tells and shows with his stories that business requires hard work, and that with success comes criticism.

The book is filled with Ramsey’s personal experience, which comes mostly from his twenty-plus years run
Gil Bradshaw
Dave Ramsey is full of good advice and anecdotes from his own personal business career. This book contains a lot of practical advice for someone who is starting their own very small business and contains good practical suggestions for people who have companies that are at later stages as well.

It is clear that Mr. Ramsey has been extensively trained and counseled by some very good minds on the subject of leadership. The content of the book is an amalgam of Napoleon Hill's "Think and Grow Rich," D
Gail Welborn
Nov 03, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviews

EntreLeadership: 20 Years of Practical Business Wisdom from the Trenches, Hardcover, by Dave Ramsey, Howard Books, 2011, 320 Pages, ISBN-13: 978-1451617856, $26.99

Dave Ramsey, well-known author, financial guru and nationally syndicated radio host calls his new release a “playbook” that led to his financial success, satisfaction and joy. His unconventional practical advice, devoid of theories and formulas, comes from twenty years of practical, hands-on business experience that began on his living
Ryan Seamons
Oct 29, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: business, product
Awesome book. Perfect for the entrepreneur, but also great for anyone wanting to get practical advice on being a leader.

Some big takeaways for me were:

Passion beats almost anything. Passionate people win. He would take a less talented person with passion over an passionless top talent person every day. Dave talks about how important passion is and some specific things he does to hire passionate people and bring out the passion in his current employees

I love that Dave shares specific stories from
Michael Garner
Oct 21, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent book about understanding competent business leadership, an area many companies of all sizes lack. I am not in a leadership role in my current position, nor am I self-employed. However, this book has given me insight to improve my current role as a low-ranking team member, and makes me excited for the future. I have also been thinking about starting some sort of business on the side, but I am not yet there to begin that. When I do, this book will be a great educational asset when I do. ...more
Matthew
Nov 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Go back to first chapter for list of things you must always be doing.

Positional leadership vs Persuasion Leadership
Head of fries is positional, persuasion is discussion.

Leader must have a servant mentality.
teaching
meantoring

start with a dream - end with a goal
Dream and do something
Vision is what happens to the dream
where there is no vision, you will perish. business, family, etc..

chapter 3
what do you do
how do you execute
why do you do what you do

goal are visions and dreams with work clothes on
go
Heidi Goehmann
May 24, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good! Solid leadership advice. Dave Ramsey does not shy away from sharing his faith-filled Biblical perspective and vantage point, while not getting so engrossed that it's off topic. I really really appreciate that balance. Now I need a "how to" for starting a business with nuances and details.
David West
Jul 11, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobook
Good advice from a straight shooter. Better for those starting a business than for the self-employed, but there is helpful stuff here for both.
Lindsey
Feb 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Can I just say it?  We love Dave Ramsey at our house. We read his Total Money Makeover when we first got married.  It changed the entire way we handled money and we have been much better off because of it!  He is honest, down to earth, and hilarious.  This book, Entreleadership, I thought was just as good!  Even though many of his points had nothing to do with my specific business and field, I still got many ideas out of it.   I recommend this book to anyone who is thinking of having or does hav ...more
Lauren Sheil
Dave Ramsey is one of those guys you either love or you hate.

I can see why. He has an ego the size of Texas, which is all the more impressive when you consider he's from Tennessee. But if you can get past the ego and ignore the politics (he's about as right-wing as Wayne Gretzky) Ramsey has some really important things to say about building the culture of your business.

The story of how he chartered a jet to bring a team member home who's wife was killed in a car accident speaks volumes about t
Robbie Pruitt
This was a good book on leadership with a lot of fun and practical stories, but I felt like it was more of a book on business management than a book on leadership. Dave Ramsey's "style" and "tact" are also not for the "faint at heart," but as someone who grew up in the South, I was able to track with him some. If I could buy only one book on leadership, this would not be the book, it would not even make the top ten. However, if you have a spare Saturday, an extra few bucks, nothing to loose and ...more
Emma
Feb 06, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Not sold on this... Some of the advice about not hiring employees, sorry team members, could border on discrimination. My favourite, not hiring the admin assistant who mentioned that US citizens will need financial advice because of the clown just elected (George Bush) was extremely accurate.

Also personally, taking a massive platform against public health care, yet preaching giving money to church? Nope these priorities are wrong. I will not be spending any more of my money on Dave Ramsey's pro
Cecil
Jun 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Dave Ramsey likes to say he "gives the same advice your grandmother would give but (he) keeps his teeth in!" In EntreLeadership, Ramsey includes leadership principles, financial advice, and perspective gained from two decades of starting and building a successful business with 300 team members. He is humorous and homespun, in-your-face but encouraging. This is an excellent read for someone wanting to start and operate their own business or be entrepreneurial within an existing organization.
Luis Antonio
Aug 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a great book. Not only does it give a great advice to entrepreneurs on how to run a business, but also provides great recommendations on how to grow leadership skills. The choice of words in which it is written gives the impression that a friend is giving you advice on how you can apply recommendations and makes the reading/listening fun. I recommend this book for the new leader and entrepreneur who chooses the practical advice over the technicalities of many other sources.
Matt Crumpton
Jul 04, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a great book for anyone who wants an overview of key business principles and best practices. Dave also throws in a lot of his own folksy advice - much of which I agree with.

The book can come off a little preachy at times - especially if you are not a person of faith. But, overall, it is a very solid business book. I would recommend for any leader with dreams of building an organization.
Don Weidinger
Jan 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
those who never make mistakes work for those who do, problem and solution is you, servant leader, passion over ed and talent, personal finance is behavior, measurable goals written, traction is satisfaction, no trust with situational ethics, no decisions with fear, options and info dispel fear, disc 10lion 25otter 40retriever 25beaver, key spousal input, qualify rapore educate/info close, act your wage,Belgians 8 or 24 or 32, negative up positive down, gross gossip.
Steve
Mar 09, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A good book on what works and what does not work in terms of successful leadership. How to build teams, build a company, and succeed is something that is lacking in today's corporate culture. And even though this book is geared to entrepreneurship, the principles apply to any team. Sadly most of the teams and "leaders" that I have worked with in industry have been sorely lacking in the principles and skills Dave Ramsey presents in this book.
Mar 12, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library-book
I love Dave, I've read some of his other books, and I listen to his radio show almost every day. I could not get through this book. His ego was so huge in the first 20 pages it just turned me off. He does at times speak from a place of humility, but the opening pages of this book were boastful and so full of how wonderful and successful he is that I just couldn't stomach it.
Eric Burgan
Jun 23, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great book period.

Its not just about being an entrepreneur, although it is greatly focused as such, but it gives you guidance on how to display qualities of entrepreneur and leadership within your current role.

Pick this up, simple read, engaging, and is totally full of 20 years of practical business wisdom.
Jeremy
Apr 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love Dave Ramsey. He lays out a series of common sense practices for entrepreneurial leaders; everything from hiring to managing processes. Dave is a great story teller and the book was pleasurable as well as informative.
Shane
Jun 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013-books-read
This is a must read for anyone who has any aspirations of being a leader. Whether that is through entrepreneurship, or through a J. O. B., you'll find all kinds of inspiration for the right way to treat employees and coworkers.
Steve
Oct 18, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nuts & bolts of starting a small business from someone who has done it.
Tyler Hochstetler
Being an Entrepreneur and a leader is difficult. This book is good for those that want to lead, while also being a risk taker.
Benjamin Spurlock
Absolutely fantastic; an inspirational and practical guide to business. Anyone who wants to find success in business leadership should read this.
Kimball
Dave Ramsey gives some great business advice in this book. I'm thinking that it can be applied across the board but it seems to be geared towards small businesses. Now I want to work for a small company again. EntreLeadership means Entrepreneur and Leadership.

Dave's parents would listen to audiobooks while they were out on the road. I didn't know they had audiobooks back then. But I like that they did that. And if you're not familiar with his history he was a millionaire in his mid 20's then wen
Business-Related ...: Book # 6 EntreLeadership 9 15 Sep 25, 2015 07:34AM
Business-Related ...: Book # 6 Announcement of Next Read! 1 5 Mar 17, 2015 07:26PM
  • The Legend of the Monk and the Merchant: Principles for Successful Living
  • 48 Days to the Work You Love
  • Quitter: Closing the Gap Between Your Day Job and Your Dream Job
  • Thou Shall Prosper: Ten Commandments for Making Money
  • Rhinoceros Success: The Secret To Charging Full Speed Toward Every Opportunity
  • Platform: Get Noticed in a Noisy World
  • The Power of Who: You Already Know Everyone You Need to Know
  • Today We Are Rich: Harnessing The Power Of Total Confidence
  • QBQ! The Question Behind the Question: Practicing Personal Accountability in Work and in Life
  • The 5 Levels of Leadership: Proven Steps to Maximize Your Potential
  • Visioneering: God's Blueprint for Developing and Maintaining Personal Vision
  • The Go-Getter (a Story That Tells You How to Be One)
  • Integrity: The Courage to Meet the Demands of Reality
  • The Mentor Leader: Secrets to Building People and Teams That Win Consistently
  • Stop Acting Rich... and Start Living Like a Real Millionaire
  • Love Works: Seven Timeless Principles for Effective Leaders
  • Book Yourself Solid: The Fastest, Easiest, and Most Reliable System for Getting More Clients Than You Can Handle Even If You Hate Marketing and Selling
David L. Ramsey III (b. September 3, 1960) is an American financial writer, radio and television host.

More about Dave Ramsey...
“Seth Godin says, “Instead of wondering when your next vacation is, maybe you should set up a life you don’t need to escape from.” 8 likes
“If you don’t own the goal and it doesn’t come from your dream, then you won’t have the toughness to persevere when the going gets tough. And I will promise you that the going will get tough. There is never an exception—everyone who wins must push through obstacles, lots of them. You simply will not get up at dawn for your three-mile run because your wife wants you thinner. Big goals require big backbone—wimps need not apply.” 7 likes