Start by marking “The Bride Wore Black Leather (Nightside, #12)” as Want to Read:
The Bride Wore Black Leather (Nightside, #12)

The Bride Wore Black Leather (Nightside #12)

4.17  ·  Rating details ·  5,807 Ratings  ·  250 Reviews
John Taylor is marrying the love of his life, Suzie Shooter, the Nightside’s most fearsome bounty hunter. But before he can walk down the aisle he has one more case to solve as a private eye — a case that has him on the run from friends and enemies both, with his bride-to-be looking to collect the bounty on his head...
Published January 3rd 2012 by Ace (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about The Bride Wore Black Leather, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Bride Wore Black Leather

Andrew
Jan 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Time to catch up I think...

And so ends my journey to (or in) the Nightside although I am sure it be visited again at some point (more on that later)

This is the 12th and last in the series - yes there is an anthology and the characters appear in short stories however they are either standalone or neatly slotted in to the history of this series.

Now I will admit that I read other peoples reviews just out of curiosity (and its one of the reasons why I do not do spoilers as they write far better sto
Shelly
Talk books with me, and within moments, Simon R. Green will come out of my mouth--namely his Nightside series. Part noir, part satire, part snark driven plot I fell quickly in love with the series and sometimes protagonist John Taylor. Taylor is a PI who has a 'gift'--the ability to find anything, anywhere. It's more badass than it sounds. Throughout the series he goes against all sorts of baddies, and creatures of myth and horror, all the while maintaining a snappy dialogue that would make any ...more
David Caldwell
Jan 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This book made me sad because it is John Taylor's last case as a private investigator.But then I quit being sad when it it also was his first case as Walker.

His last case as a P.I.has him investigating the death of The King of Skin at the Immortals Ball.Who can kill an immortal in front of a roomful of witnesses and no one see anything?

His first case as walker has John teaming up with Julien Advent, the Victorian Adventurer when the ghost of the Hawk and Wind Bar disappears.Who is the mysterious
DeLace Munger
Jan 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
So, here's the deal. I love Simon R. Green. His stuff can start to feel a bit formulaic at times and there's a bit more repetition than I'd like (I know this book mentioned ambulances that run on distilled suffering at least twice, possibly three times. I get it. It's a creepy/intriguing/Nightside kinda thing. Let's focus on other types of vehicles now) BUT Green is absolutely incredible at pulling me into his stories and wanting to know more about almost any character he introduces. They always ...more
Ross Alon
May 19, 2017 rated it liked it
Not the best urban fantasy series, but I've gotten used to the repetitive narrative.
I'm actually going to miss the night side
colleen the convivial curmudgeon
Like most of the Nightside books, this one starts off with a smaller case which then segues into another, larger case. In this book, though, the smaller case is John's last case as a PI, and the big one is his first as Walker - and it is something of a doozy.

It's also, for those who don't know, the last book in the series. At least the last staring John Taylor. It's a pretty decent entry, though not my favorite. I was kinda hoping for a bit more of a bang, but ah well.

As with many finales, we ge
Farhad
Sep 06, 2012 rated it liked it
Thus ends the story of animeside a.k.a nightside with the power of love (no pun intended)

opening with a side quest (short story) as usual, and ends with all hell breaking loose, (Boss Battle) again, as usual.
this is one of the good books in the series, unfortunately with a hasty weak ending which is the Achilles hill of all Green's books I read so far.

if you read all 11 volume prior to this, sure why not, go ahead and grab it. or you could just easily skip it, it's just another nightside story
Mizuki
Pre-review: What the hell? This person and that person are getting married!????

Thoughts after reading:

Nightside series is a lot of fun, it has a lot of mayhem, action, witty sense of humor and vividly written characters, the last book of the series offers us more or less the same supernatural cocktail, and I suspected the author, Simon R. Green has always been using this series to make a satire out of the old schooled hard-boiled genre, and it's more than fine with me. 3.5 stars.
Ahmad Sharabiani
The Bride Wore Black Leather (Nightside, #12), Simon R. Green (1955)
عنوان: نایت ساید جلد دوازدهم: عروس سیاهپوش؛ نویسنده: سیمون آر. گرین؛ مترجم: زهره حق بین؛ مشخصات نشر: تهران، ویدا، چاپ نخست 1391، در 244 ص، اندازه 14 در 21 س.م، فروست: مجموعه نایت ساید، شابک جلد 12: 9789646807914؛ شابک دوره: 9789646807914؛ موضوع: داستانهای نویسندگان انگلیسی قرن 20 م
Iain
Jun 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
I was quite satisfied with this book and the previous one... I'm glad I stuck out this series through it's rough patches and repetition...
Garrett Seney
Jun 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The end is finally here! Simon Green, through ups and downs, closes the doors to the Nightside on a very positive and well written conclusion. I could not have asked for a better ending.

This series is well worth reading. It is an amazing universe and world to immerse yourself in.
Traci
Apr 05, 2012 rated it liked it
I'm sort of feeling a love-hate relationship with this entry in Green's Nightside series. As always, I love John Taylor and his weird and wicked world. But this time felt...somehow less. Perhaps it's due to John's new role as Walker, although I couldn't really tell much difference from "old" John to "new" John. He might be a bit more reserved in his reactions to people, a bit less violent in how he handles them, but I don't think that was it. I just couldn't quite put my finger on it...

Perhaps t
Betty
Feb 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing
OK, So I'm still hooked on this series. Though I wanted to be listening to the Beatles through most of this book, what happens when the Nightside takes a trip back to the 60's and the Summer of Love and not just through the Hawk Wind Bar and Grill. Ok not really but there is a good number of allusions to the '60's and running around with Julian Advent (seeing some of the downfalls of his life as well).

The backdrop for this whole thing, is John and Suzie are finally getting married (this is book
Bill Rogers
Sep 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
When John Taylor, the Private Investigator with a supernatural ability to find things, decides to marry Shotgun Suzie, he goes out for one last bachelor fling on the night before. That's traditional. Having to save the World (yet again) and have all your friends trying to kill you because you're suddenly and unexpectedly a murderer is not quite so traditional. Except, perhaps, here. Business as usual in the Nightside, as they say.

This book was a lot of fun. I thought a few things ended a bit too
The Flooze
*3.5*
Warning: This book mentions spoilers for the Drood series. I was most unhappy.

The final book of the series and I find myself strangely unsatisfied. Partly because it took quite some time for the main story to start in earnest.

While many elements of the plot were engaging, it was still a helter-skelter thing. I expected better of John Taylor's send-off than yet another trumped up entity intent on possessing the Nightside. And I certainly expected better than the initial locked room murders
Richard
May 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A really awesome instalment to the Nightside series, while its been a bit of a rocky ride through this series, this book draws on all that's best of Simon R Greens weird anti-hero filled world that is the Nightside. With friends and enemies alike after him John Taylors last case as a private eye and the run up to his wedding couldn't be more action filled. While not wanting to spoil the plot, Simon R Green gives us an insight into things that we only hoped to see earlier in the series such as ma ...more
Krista D.
Jan 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
After the huge disappointment of the previous book, we get to the finale. I really enjoyed it. It was one of the few times with the series that I stayed up to try finishing the book.

I was expecting a big showdown for the final book. That didn't happen, though I suppose every other book threatened the end of the Nightside; I was rather used to those stakes by now.

All of the usual suspects were in this one, though I was disappointed that a book with Suzie on the cover didn't actually have Suzie in
Erick
Aug 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
This book actually felt like the series was done at the beginning of the book. Although John apparently stretches his gift farther than he ever has before and he's fighting an epic god of an opponent, I just didn't feel the scale and epic power that I was expecting. It was good overall, but there was a certain punch that was lacking and left this book feeling a little more like denouement than climactic finish.
Angela Verdenius
Apr 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The ending of this wonderful series was awesome. I was starting to wonder how Taylor was ever going to get out of this huge problem, but he did! I'm going to miss the Nightside, it's a great place to be. Wonderful ending to a great series.
Rosalind M
Jan 15, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy
3.5 stars. Not fun for me this time. Too much repetition, too much hyperbole, and too close to a Deus ex Machina ending.
Kathy Davie
Jan 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy, urban
Twelfth in the Nightside urban fantasy series set in "a business empire of sin and corruption, wonders and marvels...at very reasonable prices".

Put on your seat belt and get out your barf bag, you're entering the Nightside where
"you can find the baddest clubs and the maddest music, parties that will never end as long as someone's got cash in their pocket or credit on their cards…[where] temptation winks from every street-corner, and there's always a quiet back room where you can sell your soul.
Hosseina
Jun 08, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
و پایان نایت ساید

اولین بار ک تو نمایشگاه کتاب چهار جلد اولش رو خریدم، نزدیک امتحانا بود ک شروع به خوندنش کردم و خب تقریبا باعث شد گند بخوره به امتحانام ولی می ارزید! حالا بعد شیش سال جلد دوازدهم رو هم تموم کردم، باز هم دم امتحانا. در مورد داستان کتاب دوازدهم باید بگم، خب نمی تونید از رو اسمش داستانش رو پیش بینی کنید. :-"

نسبت به جلد یازدهم خیلی بهتر بود ! خیلی، کمتر یه کتاب بازاری بود، دوباره منو به خودش جذب کرد. باعث شد بخندم و بگم درسته این نایت سایده! توصیف های نایت سایدی، قدرتا شخصیت پردازی ه
Soo
Dec 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audiobook
Mini-Review:

It was a wild ride! It wasn't a mystery so much as a roller coaster ride on "What the heck will happen next to JT?!?!".

I always felt like the "cases" were just excuses to show off the odd, macabre, deranged and absurdities of Nightside. A fun way to show off without showing too much. Green did a great job of bringing it all together into a solid ending. It feels good.

By no means do I think that all of the questions are answered or that the story is truly over for the riotous gang.
JOSEPH C WINTERS
Jan 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I always said the Nightside books contained a setting and supporting cast that was far more interesting and worthwhile than the protagonist, John Taylor; imagine The Dresden Files if Harry Dresden was just kind of boring compared to everything else going on. However, reading the first Secret Histories book (set in the same universe, along with the "Ghost Hunters" books which I haven't read) inspired me to finish these off... and damn! That was spot on, across the board. Well done Mr. Green, well ...more
Thomas
Oct 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
The last book of the series as far as i know (hope there is more in the future). This was a great book to end with. Brought all the characters i like together, Razor Eddie, Dead Boy too name some and let's not forget Shotgun Suzie. There is not a book in this series where i can say its bad. They can be a bit predictable at times but so much fun. Would recommend people at least try it.
Deb O rah
Aug 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
enjoyable quick paced series. Green thankfully started to stray from the rigid format of the series in the last few books giving his stories and character more depth. A little disappointed with the final finale.
Linda
Jun 07, 2017 rated it liked it
One of his better books I think. A bit less convoluted and scattered. Though still too much frivolous hyperbole about unrelated creatures in the Nightside. Just filler like many romance novels fill pages with lots of gratuitous sex scenes. Gets boring pretty fast.
Carol Dass
Apr 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am sorry this series is finished, but I would read it again! So lovely to see Taylor and Suzie get married! Now on to some of Simon’s other series!
Yalda
Jun 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Such a shame that it was the last book, I want a thousand more books about nightside and John Taylor
Pouria
Apr 11, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
انتظار یه پایان جالب تر باسه آخرین کتاب این مجموعه داشتم ولی باز خوب بود
  • Unquiet Dreams (Connor Grey, #2)
  • In the House of the Wicked (Remy Chandler, #5)
  • Slashback (Cal Leandros, #8)
  • The Minority Council (Matthew Swift, #4)
  • The Naming of the Beasts (Felix Castor, #5)
  • Dead Waters (Simon Canderous, #4)
  • Evil Dark (Occult Crimes Unit Investigation, #2)
  • Mean Streets (Remy Chandler, #1.5; Greywalker, #3.5; Nightside, #9.5; The Dresden Files, #10.5)
  • Taken (Alex Verus, #3)
  • Aloha from Hell (Sandman Slim, #3)
Simon Richard Green is a British science fiction and fantasy-author. He holds a degree in Modern English and American Literature from the University of Leicester. His first publication was in 1979.

His Deathstalker series is partly a parody of the usual space-opera of the 1950s, told with sovereign disregard of the rules of probability, while being at the same time extremely bloodthirsty.

Excerpted
More about Simon R. Green

Nightside (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Something from the Nightside (Nightside, #1)
  • Agents of Light and Darkness (Nightside, #2)
  • Nightingale's Lament (Nightside, #3)
  • Hex and the City (Nightside, #4)
  • Paths Not Taken (Nightside, #5)
  • Sharper Than a Serpent's Tooth (Nightside, #6)
  • Hell to Pay (Nightside, #7)
  • The Unnatural Inquirer (Nightside, #8)
  • Just Another Judgement Day (Nightside, #9)
  • The Good, the Bad, and the Uncanny (Nightside, #10)

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• Off to Be the Wizard (Magic 2.0, #1)
  • Beneath the Shine
  • The Stepford Wives
    $9.74 $1.99
  • Time's Divide (The Chronos Files, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • The Long Earth (The Long Earth, #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Gilded (Gilded, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Infinity Lost (The Infinity Trilogy #1)
  • The Man of Legends
  • All the Breaking Waves
  • Fellside
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Banished of Muirwood (Covenant of Muirwood, #1)
  • Muirwood: The Lost Abbey: The Graphic Novel
    $7.99 $0.99
  • 2061: Odyssey Three (Space Odyssey, #3)
  • Alas, Babylon
    $9.74 $1.99
  • 3001: The Final Odyssey (Space Odyssey, #4)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Fractured (Guards of the Shadowlands, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • The Queen's Poisoner (Kingfountain, #1)
  • Zeroes
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Dreams and Shadows (Dreams & Shadows, #1)
    $9.49 $1.99
  • Touch of Eternity (The Curse #1)
  • Touch
  • Dragon Rider
    $5.99 $1.99
  • EARTHCORE
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Traitor's Kiss (The Traitor's Circle, #1)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • The Void of Muirwood (Covenant of Muirwood, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dreadnought (Nemesis, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Dirty Magic (Prospero's War, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • A Plague of Giants (Seven Kennings, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • The Fire Queen (The Hundredth Queen, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Lies of Locke Lamora (Gentleman Bastard, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Red Knight Falling (Harmony Black, #2)
  • Star Wars: Thrawn
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Zoo City
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Wishing Spell (The Land of Stories, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Sanctum (Guards of the Shadowlands, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Unmasked (The Vampire Diaries: The Salvation, #3)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • Afterlife
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Unseen (The Vampire Diaries: The Salvation #1)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • The Dwarves (The Dwarves, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Dryad-Born (Whispers from Mirrowen, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Unbroken Line of the Moon (Sagan om Valhalla #4; Valhalla #1)
  • Blackfish City
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Supernatural: Bobby Singer's Guide to Hunting
    $8.49 $1.99
  • Silvern (Gilded #2)
  • Some Fine Day
  • Random Acts of Senseless Violence
    $15.99 $1.99
  • Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West (Wicked Years, #1)
  • Mystic (Mystic, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Almost Girl (The Riven Chronicles, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Spell or High Water (Magic 2.0, #2)
  • Uprooted
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Wormhole (The Rho Agenda, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Dragons of Nova (Loom Saga, #2)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Ciphers of Muirwood (Covenant of Muirwood, #2)
  • The Last Adventure of Constance Verity
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Traveler (Fourth Realm, #1)
  • Ancestor
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Thief's Daughter (Kingfountain, #2)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Darkness Brutal (The Dark Cycle #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Marked (Servants of Fate, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Into the Drowning Deep (Rolling in the Deep, #1)
    $13.99 $2.99
  • Poisonwell (Whispers from Mirrowen, #3)
  • Rama II (Rama, #2)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Chaos (Guards of the Shadowlands, #3)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Secondborn (Secondborn, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Rama Revealed (Rama, #4)
    $8.99 $1.99
“After all, you’re only an immortal until someone manages to kill you. After that, you were just long-lived.” 44 likes
“Revenge is simply justice with teeth.” 18 likes