Start by marking “The Coffee Legacy (A Wiener Blut Novel)” as Want to Read:
The Coffee Legacy (A Wiener Blut Novel)

The Coffee Legacy (Wiener Blut #1)

4.68  ·  Rating details ·  22 Ratings  ·  6 Reviews
An old café, an even older legend and a new threat.

When Isabelle's secret past returns to haunt her nightmares, she must take action to protect her family from a threat that is closer than she realises.

Set within the traditional Viennese café culture, The Coffee Legacy is the story of café owner Isabelle Schindler-Krug and her role in a struggle for power that stretches ba
Kindle Edition
Published 2013 (first published March 11th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Coffee Legacy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Coffee Legacy

Melissa Hayden
Sep 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, ebook, audiobook
Who would have thought coffee coming to Vienna could be so exciting!? I adored this tale of a legend and legacy blended with love, lies, and death. It's like a fairy tale. There's a secret land where when the wachter (keeper and custodian of coffee making) reach an age they come to our world and teach us of mixing coffee. All sorts of mixes of coffees.

***FULL REVIEW***
Isabelle loves the legends and history of the city, Vienna, where her coffee cafe has been since before she inherited it from her
Dan Absalonson
Jun 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
The Coffee Legacy was a novel woven like a rich tapestry made with love and full of colors and details which told a memorable story. Reading a story in the traditional Viennese cafe culture made me want to hang out in the setting. I could smell the coffee; I could feel the emotions of the characters as the story unfolded and became so much more than characters, their coffee, and the cafe they worked in.

I really enjoyed the way this story was told. The way things were revealed as the story progre
Carole Rae
Sep 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I did not expect anything to happen at all in this book. Especially the ending! Holy cow. There were certainly many twists and turns and it was all fun. I certainly loved the mix of fantasy/fairy-tale/legends and contemporary. It worked so much better then I expected.

Honestly, I loved the beginning of each chapter; I thought it was super duper clever to have chapter titled with a fancy coffee with how to make it and the origin of each one. Not only it make dying for a cup a coffee and a donut t
Rachelle
May 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed The Coffee Legacy. Each chapter begins with a different coffee recipe, and there’s one in particular that puts any iced mocha you could get in the US to shame. Though she never says it, I will: we’re doing it wrong. I can’t say much more than that without giving away major parts of the story, but most of it takes place in Vienna, Austria, there are some twists and turns scattered throughout, and the climax of it was unexpected. When I first started listening I thought, “How is t ...more
Christopher Munroe
Oct 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
A delightful, fantasy-tinged bit of mystery and palace intrigue, not my usual sort of thing but enjoyable nonetheless. The central mystery of the piece isn't given quite enough time, to my liking, in favour of the world-building, but it's an interesting world being built, and one that I enjoyed spending time in, so perhaps this was for the best.

I got a kick out of this, and I came away wanting more, which is always a good sign. A quick, somewhat slight but overall extremely enjoyable read!
Davis Emmanuel
Mar 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
It starts off slow and picks up the pace as you continue. There are two major plot twists: the first one you can see coming from a mile away but the second is a left turn in the last chapter. I did like the story, but I'm checked out for any sequels.
Mick Bordet
Mar 15, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Katharina
Mar 20, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
NiveauDeGris
Jan 21, 2014
Bluewitch
Jan 21, 2013
Swayam Sampurna
Oct 29, 2016
Katharina
Apr 10, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Anthony Deming
Luci
Nov 13, 2016
Kayla
Aug 29, 2016
Katharina Bordet lives in Vienna, Austria and divides her time between the law, writing and podcasting. Wiener Blut is her first novel in the "Wiener Blut Universe", but she has also written a number of short stories that are available in podcast and eBook form at the 'Every Photo Tells...' podcast. She can confirm that a great deal of coffee was consumed in the writing of this book.

More about Wie
More about Katharina Bordet...

Wiener Blut (2 books)