Start by marking “The New Evil (Fear Street Cheerleaders, #4: Fear Street Superchiller, #7)” as Want to Read:
The New Evil (Fear Street Cheerleaders, #4: Fear Street Superchiller, #7)

The New Evil

(Fear Street Cheerleaders #4)

Gone forever…

Corky and the Shadyside cheerleaders are sure that the evil spirit is destroyed. The terror is over.

Then Hannah is mysteriously thrown through the car window. And Naomi is nearly burned to death. One horrifying accident after another. And now Corky can no longer keep her greatest fear to herself—the evil is back!

But where is it?

Corky, Kimmy, and Debra aren’t
Published December 1st 1994 by Simon Pulse (first published 1994)

To ask other readers questions about The New Evil, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The New Evil

Start your review of The New Evil (Fear Street Cheerleaders, #4: Fear Street Superchiller, #7)
Printable Tire
Dec 29, 2017 rated it did not like it
I like to read seasonal things in season but surely there are better ways for me to be spending my time. The R.L. Stine 9000 (or whoever wrote this book) certainly set themselves up for a challenge when they decided to write a story that was 1) a teen romance about cheerleaders, 2) a horror novel, 3) a 4th sequel, and 4) a Christmas story, and I'm afraid Santa Stine didn't deliver the goods. Sure, the cover is cute, but the scene it's based on in the story is short and dumb. There are other neat ...more
Anna
Jan 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
When RL Stine goes over the top batshit, the books are always the most fun to experience. It also helps that we've been with some of these characters for 4 books at this point, so he doesn't really need to do much of the character introductions anymore.
Matt Hickey
Dec 10, 2017 rated it did not like it
“I don’t think this is what they mean by a white Christmas!”
Veronica Morfi
Mar 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
Rating: 3.5/5

The New Evil is the last Cheerleaders book featuring Corky and her friends. The girls are once more afraid that the Evil is back when strange accidents start happening at their school. But this time everyone looks like a suspect. This is the final battle between Corky and the Evil, and there are going to be a lot of casualties.

I really enjoyed this book. Once again accidents started happening and I thought it'd be a repeat of the previous three books, but in this one it's so hard to
Krista K.
Nov 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: young-adult
I liked this book for all the wrong reasons.
Shannon
Feb 07, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019
This was at least better than the previous one. There were a lot of things that didn’t make sense when it came to the evil being contained to the river and how it would or wouldn’t be able to get out. I found it funny that (view spoiler). The last part was actually really good though. I only wish the rest of the story had been as interesting as the scene (view ...more
Chelsea Gouin
Aug 26, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: fear-street
The New Fear is the fourth book in the Cheerleaders series. Corky and the rest of the Shadyside Cheerleaders thought they had defeated the Evil Spirit in the lake at Shadyside. Gone forever and can live without fear. Wrong. Ronnie moved away and so did the cheerleading coach giving us an uninspired coach that didn't know any of the squad's previous struggles...also leaving room for cheerleading tryouts. Except that's when the accidents start again. The girls no the truth, the evil is back! The ...more
Hew J France
May 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
While still neglecting to tie up some of the loose threads from the Second and third books, The New Evil succeeds in providing us with a sense of closure over the Cheerleaders subseries. Strangely, Stine didn't end it with one of his signature twist endings, but I don't mind that.
Ivy
Oct 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Sad that Corky had to go through the evil again. RIP Kimmy and the coach. Also the Raven as well. Glad everyone besides Kimmy is okay. Hope the Evil doesn't come back.
Liliana
Reviewed on Lili Lost in a Book

Yay! We’re back with the Shadyside Cheerleaders! I love the Cheerleaders trilogy, so I was very much looking forward to reading this, and it was great! I love that it even has little recap of what previously happened to the girls because guess what, the evil is back!

Corky: “The worst has already happened. Nothing else is going to happen to us. Right?”
“Right,” Debra and Naomi replied in unison.

That’s a good one, you guys... It’s like you forgot you’re in a Fear
Nelson Geraldes
Jun 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
(Spoilers, obviously and I am not finished with the review) I thought it was a great conclusion to end the series. The start of the book we find Kimmy, Corky, Debra, and Hannah driving in Kimmy's car then suddenly Hannah crashes thorough the windshield window. The first chapter is the only chapter we have Hannah in the novel. While in the hospital Corky felt that the evil is back but with Kimmy she didn't believe that it was back. Corky called Kimmy but her motger answered who said Kimmy was at ...more
Samantha
Like most kids who loved creepy stuff, I eventually graduated from reading Goosebumps to reading Fear Street. Though I was also reading King at the time, I still loved these books and they were such quick, creepy reads for a kid who loved to be scared out of her wits. I still love that shit, so not much has changed.

The Cheerleader books were my ultimate favorites when it came to Fear Street, and I devoured all of them happily. The second or third one was always my favorite, but this particular
Brandon
Dec 21, 2019 rated it liked it
Amber
Jun 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved the super chillers ......... lol the fear street series all the books are just great for teens I adored them ... I used to devour these books in my teens I highly recommend this series to anyone who wants to get all teenagers reading rather than playing video games
Lindsey
May 01, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: horror, young-adult
It’s been a few days and I’ve already forgotten everything about this book. Less creepy than the other Cheerleaders covers but looks great next to the Silent Night covers.
Tamira Vledder
Aug 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Least favourite of the series but still great!!
Serena
Nov 03, 2019 rated it it was ok
Meh. Once you’ve read one of the Cheerleaders books you’ve read them all, nothing special.
kylajaclyn
Dec 24, 2017 rated it liked it
Kimmy: Put on your seatbelt.
Hannah: No need.

This is what they call foreshadowing, my friends.

I haven’t read the first three Cheerleaders books, but it was pretty easy to pick up on. The Evil is like IT.... a thing that needs a body to inhabit (I realize that’s slightly different than IT, but whatever). In the last book, Corky, our protagonist (does that make anyone else think of Cokey Mason?!), was the one inhabited by the Evil. The only way to get rid of it, apparently, is to drown yourself or
Carrie
Dec 18, 2009 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: R.L Stine fans
Drucilla
Feb 17, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: fear-street
Michal Beth
Nov 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
In The New Evil Corky and her friends are convinced that the evil has returned. But has it really? To make sure, the three girls decide to do some type of seance to summon the evil out of the supposed victim. Bet when the evil is released from its cold and watery grave, the girls realize they were just paranoid and they had just let the evil out on the loose! They have no idea who the evil inhabited but the girls have an idea, just not a very good one...... This book was written excellently and ...more
Alex
I'm still having fun re-reading the Cheerleaders story arc, even though the awful writing and the constant repetition is starting to drive me crazy.

(view spoiler)

Also this is random, but I was so distracted by Naomi being described as having carrot colored hair. Whose hair is literally the color of carrots? That's unfortunate.
Aracely Serna
This book is about cheerleaders that have a "curse". They don't have it in the beginning but 1 of them think that they had it so she was trying to get rid of it before anything bad happens.They didn't have the curse but they thought they did so when they were trying to get of it the curse came and all the girls and football player were cursed except for a few.I liked the book because there were a lot of twist.I would recommend this book to people who like R.L. Stine books.
Barbara Desmond
Sep 12, 2015 rated it liked it
Lately I've been in a Fear Street mood. I just love to devour each book. They are like crack. They never fail to amuse me because of how utterly ridiculous they are. Also how could I resist reading a book with this cover?

Fic Gal: My website where I post reviews, writing prompts and a ton of other stuff including stuff that i write. Comma phobia be damned.
Esmeralda Gaitan
Nov 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
Corky had once before already defeated the evil spirit. She thinks that it came back, and taken over one of the cheerleaders, but when she tries to call the spirit out, all see really did was release the spirit and now it is after her. I enjoyed the book, it was filled with many plot twists and mysteries. This book is recommended to people who like books with many plot twists.
Winson Chin(nese) Chen
In this book, an evil spirit is unleashed for its revenge after a girl attempted to drown the spirit. Now its back and it started to murder many people by using a body. This time it took multiple bodies.The main character's name is Corky and if I were her, I'd call up a good spirit to protect me. Or I can try killing the spirit because the evil spirit killed Corky's best friend.
Ashleigh
Feb 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2013
I'm not sure if I had already read this, or whether Stine reused material from the first three cheerleader books. Still, I really enjoyed reading it and the ending was a little different from most. I would recommend reading this if you're a Stine fan.
Aleina
Feb 22, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: owned
I thought it was pretty good for being a short R. L. Stine book. Too bad I didn't realize it was book number seven out of a series of thirteen, but oh well! More to read from its past along with its future. ^_^
Lizzie
Oct 24, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: my-collection
This is not one of my favorite Fear Street books. There was nothing new to the plot or characters. The Cheerleaders story should have ended with the original trilogy. That being said there is still one more story in the Cheerleaders tale hopefully that is an improvement.
Hiba
May 11, 2012 rated it really liked it
I think this book was really terrifying. I was soo scared after reading ti that i couldn't sleep the night I read it lol! Really the book was amazing. All the people who have not read this book, should go right away to the book-shop and buy this xD

• Remember Me (Remember Me, #1)
  • The Return (Remember Me, #2)
  • Phantom (The Last Vampire, #4)
  • Bury Me Deep
  • Secret Vampire (Night World, #1)
  • Evil Thirst (The Last Vampire, #5)
  • Down a Dark Hall
  • Christopher Pike's Tales of Terror: Volume 2
  • Spellbound
  • Stranger with My Face
  • Fall Into Darkness
  • Baby-sitters' Haunted House (Baby-Sitters Club Super Mystery, #1)
  • House of Bones (Point Horror Unleashed)
  • Witch
  • Killing Mr. Griffin
  • Creatures of Forever (The Last Vampire, #6)
  • Secret, Silent Screams
  • Freeze Tag

R. L. Stine

Fear Street Cheerleaders (5 books)
  • The First Evil (Fear Street Cheerleaders, #1)
  • The Second Evil (Fear Street Cheerleaders, #2)
  • The Third Evil (Fear Street Cheerleaders, #3)
  • The Evil Lives! (Fear Street Cheerleaders, #5: Fear Street Super Chiller, #13)